Update - So I have it shelf mounted from 18.5 feet onto 112" wall and overall I'm pretty happy.
1) The screen door is not too bad... I really don't notice it other then on an pure white background, but even then, it's minimal
2) there is some green to pink color shift across a pure white image.... very mild... I'm assuming that's somewhat normal for the Epsons(?)
3) Iris noise is much more tolerable 6' behind my head vs. 1-2'.... I still hear it, but it's just not as annoying
4) The sharpness, for text especially, is not quite as good as my JVC X30.... to the point I have been messing with Sharpness and Super Resolution a bit.... I think it's just that JVC's are a bit sharper in this regard. That being said, I might try out a Darbee for overall clarity. I'm also considering going a bit smaller down to 106" or 100" to help with this. I used to have a 92" screen and was pretty happy with the size, so I don't think it will be much of an adjustment. I really cannot move further back in the room either.
5) THX mode on ECO from 18.5' with a new bulb is *PLENTY* bright with my 2 60W bulbs recessed on, with my 0.9x gain Scorpion paint mix. I tried Living Room ECO with the lights on and my wife told me it was giving her a headache : )
So I will look into a lower gain / ALR wall/fabric/screen and I'm talking with MMan about this.
Any thoughts? Thanks again all.