• 1 Post By socalsprinter
  • 1 Post By socalsprinter

post #1 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 07:05 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 8
3D glasses for HT2050?

Anyone know of some decent 3d glasses for the benq? Want to try out 3d on a projector after being unimpressed with it on our tv years ago.
dreamstate likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 08:39 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
I also have the BenQ HT2050 and a sizable 3D Bluray collection. I ordered a couple pairs of glasses to try but find the True Depth 3D Firestorm XL Premium DLP-LINK to work best. They fit great over my regular glasses as well and cause no discomfort. The image quality in depth and color stand out with these as well from my perception. You can find them at the big box retailer named after a river.
sage11x and BBruin66 like this.

AVR - Denon AVR-X4300H & NAD C 375BEE
Fronts - Magnepan MG12/QR / Center - Magnepan MGCC2
Satellites - 6 Monoprice Black Back 6.5 /Sub - SVS PB-1000
PRJ - BenQ HT3550 / SCN - SilverTicket STR-16992
Sources - Switch/PS4/Sony UBP-X800/Thorens TD166 MKII/Austin Audioworks Black Swan
post #3 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 10:19 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by neotide View Post
I also have the BenQ HT2050 and a sizable 3D Bluray collection. I ordered a couple pairs of glasses to try but find the True Depth 3D Firestorm XL Premium DLP-LINK to work best. They fit great over my regular glasses as well and cause no discomfort. The image quality in depth and color stand out with these as well from my perception. You can find them at the big box retailer named after a river.
Thanks I was actually looking at those.
neotide likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Nice. I will grab a pair of those from Amazon today. I just finished my setup last weekend and need to get some 3D glasses for my HT2050. I have probably 35+ 3D blu rays.
post #5 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio81 View Post
Nice. I will grab a pair of those from Amazon today. I just finished my setup last weekend and need to get some 3D glasses for my HT2050. I have probably 35+ 3D blu rays.
I just got my setup wrapped up a few weeks ago. This was high on my agenda as I think I also may have around 35 3D Blu's. Hope these work out as well for you as they have for us. Enjoy!
Radio81 likes this.

AVR - Denon AVR-X4300H & NAD C 375BEE
Fronts - Magnepan MG12/QR / Center - Magnepan MGCC2
Satellites - 6 Monoprice Black Back 6.5 /Sub - SVS PB-1000
PRJ - BenQ HT3550 / SCN - SilverTicket STR-16992
Sources - Switch/PS4/Sony UBP-X800/Thorens TD166 MKII/Austin Audioworks Black Swan
post #6 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 01:30 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by socalsprinter View Post
Anyone know of some decent 3d glasses for the benq? Want to try out 3d on a projector after being unimpressed with it on our tv years ago.
I did a mini shootout a couple of months ago. I 1st purchased ultimate 3D heaven. I love they way they feel. They are sturdy and feel like they won't break. 3d depth is great. I don't like them because there appears to be a film that makes everything cloudy.
Then I bought Elephas GL25. These were crystal clear. Great depth. Comfortable wearing through a whole movie. The only minus is they seem flimsy, not sturdy like ultimate 3D.
I then purchased Zeco Apeman. They were very similar to the Elephas but seemed like a slight, slight step down.
Elephas were by far my favorite. However they were out of stock so I couldn't purchase additional pairs. I ended up buying more Zeco bringing my total tho five pairs of glasses.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0857.jpg
Views:	323
Size:	198.2 KB
ID:	2166698   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0858.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	138.1 KB
ID:	2166706  
post #7 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 02:44 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aceklub96 View Post
Then I bought Elephas GL25. These were crystal clear. Great depth. Comfortable wearing through a whole movie. The only minus is they seem flimsy, not sturdy like ultimate 3D.
I then purchased Zeco Apeman. They were very similar to the Elephas but seemed like a slight, slight step down.
Elephas were by far my favorite. However they were out of stock so I couldn't purchase additional pairs. I ended up buying more Zeco bringing my total tho five pairs of glasses.
They look very similar to the glasses used by XGIMI.
post #8 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
They look very similar to the glasses used by XGIMI.
Probably an OEM
sage11x likes this.
post #9 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 04:11 PM

One other thing. The Zeco and Elephas have the ability to invert the 3D image by tapping the power button once. The ultimate 3D don't have that ability. You have to use the BenQ remote to invert the image. Some people like the feature of being able to invert the image on the glasses while others don't.
post #10 of 20 Old 06-01-2017, 05:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 197 Post(s)
Quoted: 2728 Post(s)
Liked: 2712
Quote:
Probably an OEM

Yeah I was about to say the same. The XGIMI uses DLP link just like any other DLP projector and I've seen the elephas and 'goodee' are identical as well.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #11 of 20 Old 06-02-2017, 04:48 AM - Thread Starter

I ordered a pair of firestorms and elephas see which I prefer. Thanks for the suggestions!
Aceklub96 likes this.
post #12 of 20 Old 06-02-2017, 11:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I ordered a pair of firestorms and elephas see which I prefer. Thanks for the suggestions!

Please return and let us know what you find out. Btw: which quality of firestorms did you buy? The XL, LT 2.0 or 'New' LT?

Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

post #13 of 20 Old 06-05-2017, 07:07 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Please return and let us know what you find out. Btw: which quality of firestorms did you buy? The XL, LT 2.0 or 'New' LT?
I got the Firestorm XL which I prefer over the Elephas. Both worked well but I found the XL more comfortable especially since I tend to wear glasses at night and they fit over them nicely. BTW 3d on a projector is soooooooooooo much better than a tv.....
Aceklub96 likes this.
post #14 of 20 Old 06-05-2017, 08:35 AM

Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
I got the Firestorm XL which I prefer over the Elephas. Both worked well but I found the XL more comfortable especially since I tend to wear glasses at night and they fit over them nicely. BTW 3d on a projector is soooooooooooo much better than a tv.....
I just bought the Elephas for my HT2050 that I ordered recently. I will let you folks know how well it works.

Regarding the 3D effect, considering that this is my first ever PJ, I am hoping this will match up to the 3D on my OLED (E6P). The 3D on these tv's is phenomenal with little to no cross talk and great depth with the advantage of it being passive.
post #15 of 20 Old 06-05-2017, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

Yeah, DLP 3D is insane. My opinion of 3D before I bought the BenQ was pretty low. Now, after buying the BenQ, I'm sorry to see it go (which it strongly looks like it is).

So, would you say the XL looked better or was it just the fit? The reason I ask is the XL are twice the price and I'll be buying four.

post #16 of 20 Old 06-21-2017, 07:22 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 86
i also got an OEM 3D glass for my xgimi CC, me & my son where blown away by the 3D effect of this pj, we had a 3D TV from xiaomi but the effect of a DLP glass is much better & more immersive. BTW there are 2 settings on the glass we got, while watching press the button once switching between the 3D effect then select what suits your eyes.

this is what i got but when they (3pcs.) came they where in an Xgimi Box, original Xgimi 3D DLP glass are more than twice the price for these.
https://item.jd.com/11372690923.html
post #17 of 20 Old 06-25-2017, 05:15 PM

Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I own the firestorm XL and The firestorm New LT.. personally I prefer the XL.. more comfortable.. both look about the same though which is no surprise as they are from the same company etc.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #18 of 20 Old 09-05-2017, 07:12 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
like other people already mentioned, you need a pair of 3d glasses that supports dlp-link technology.

you can try out the hi-shock black diamond. check the ratings on amazon!
post #19 of 20 Old 09-11-2019, 07:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
One other thing. The Zeco and Elephas have the ability to invert the 3D image by tapping the power button once. The ultimate 3D don't have that ability. You have to use the BenQ remote to invert the image. Some people like the feature of being able to invert the image on the glasses while others don't.
Could you clarify what you mean by "invert the image"? Do you mean view the 3D movie In 2D while other viewers watch in 3D? Or something else like shifting the 3D effect from front to back objects or perhaps flipping the image from left to right? Anyone have suggestions for DLP link glasses presently as most of these aren't available on amazon now. I'm thinking of just going with the BenQ brand dlp link glasses, but damn are they ever expensive. I just want something that works well and let's me see as bright an image as possible. I was shocked how much brightness I lost in 3D mode on the HT2050. Literally 2/3 of the brightness and color gone. Adding dark tinted 3D shutter glasses might just make this a no go for me as both times I tried watching 3D in commercial theaters It was a really negative experience because of the super dark image.

Last edited by dreamstate; 09-11-2019 at 07:37 AM.
post #20 of 20 Old 09-11-2019, 07:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstate View Post
Could you clarify what you mean by "invert the image"? Do you mean view the 3D movie In 2D while other viewers watch in 3D? Or something else like shifting the 3D effect from front to back objects or perhaps left side to right side? Anyone have suggestions for DLP link glasses presently as most of these aren't available on amazon now.

It’s a setting on the projector. If things in the foreground appear in the background you’re image is inverted.

Pretty much any DLP link glasses will work great. The BenQ OEM glasses are the best but they’re pricey. I also use a pair of Ultraclear HD.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page