Optoma UHD60 & UHD65 4K/UHD HDR DLP Projectors Now Available - Page 68 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1730Likes

post #2011 of 2014 Old 10-16-2019, 09:10 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by bamaaviator View Post
I have the Denon 4300H - UHD60 - Elite Screen

Something is defiantly wrong. I just bought a 4k player last night and the 4k version of the Batman Trilogy to see if maybe the fact I was just running the PS4 pro was the problem.

Turned out it wasnt. 4x through the movie my projector / receiver lost video signal. Audio stayed running, just the video cut off for no apparent reason and I got a message on screen saying "no signal found". I had to unplug an reconnect the HDMI cables, then turn off and on the receiver for it to start working again. I bought the cables from Monoprice and got the "Active HDMI" cables that everyone recommended, even bought the expensive fiber cable for the 40 foot projector run I may need in the future, but right now have the receiver so close I was running a 10 ft cord to it. Signal still dropped out.

Even when it was working, I was not impressed in the least. And I mean that sincerely. There was absolutely no visual difference in running a $1800 4k projector , $200 4k player, and a $800 receiver than I had running a $600 1080p projector, a ps4 pro, and a $400 Yamaha vx-867 receiver.

I kept watching, hoping I could find a way to justify this massive expenditure ( for me ) on a side grade at best. I felt like the emperor with no clothes on. Had wife come in to see if she noticed anything....newp. 4k Batman looked identical to the Blu-ray versions I already had , minus the losing signal part. So the Blu-Ray version with an inferior projector actually out performs the much more expensive 4k projector and content.

Im willing to accept that something may not be right, but this projector / receiver combo is just not performing well at all.
Have tried adjusting the EQ of the HDMI port to a higher number, its in the manual... have a read and learn what it does.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2012 of 2014 Old 12-27-2019, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
sorry for the question, but after reading the manual I didn't understand what it does when I increase the value and what when I decrease it. (EQ)

Fabio
post #2013 of 2014 Old 03-30-2020, 03:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 42 Post(s)
Quoted: 1511 Post(s)
Liked: 808
Here's an interesting UHD60 review:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2014 of 2014 Old 04-02-2020, 06:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Any recommendations where I can sell my UHD65? I have it on ebay with minimal interest. Professionally calibrated and a new lamp. Any suggestions are appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
dlp , hdr , Optoma , uhd , uhd60

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page