Optoma UHD60/65 Owners Thread - Page 104 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4551Likes

post #3091 of 3655 Old 01-12-2019, 11:09 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlohr View Post
Thanks. How can they specify the contrast to be 1,200,000:1 when the top whites are washed out. Are they not meeting their specified contrast ratio, or are we talking about apples and oranges? Is this typical of projectors or is this a real deficiency in the design? Is this something I should be returning my unit about?

Rick
I don't think this is an issue that you should return it. Projector reviews just chalked it up to a deficiency with a 1st gen 4k projector. The only other issue I've had is calibrating the CMS. I was able to reach all target colors with a DeltaE of <1 except for Green. No matter what I did it wouldn't budge (DeltaE of 3.48).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3092 of 3655 Old 01-12-2019, 08:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am a new uhd65 owner and am very happy with it except for its lack of 3d. I know its been addressed before but I now see that the BenQ ht2250 which uses the same TI chip has 3d at a cheaper price point. The reviews say it is about the same performance.Come on Optima give us an upgrade
post #3093 of 3655 Old 01-13-2019, 04:11 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by cndondi View Post
I am a new uhd65 owner and am very happy with it except for its lack of 3d. I know its been addressed before but I now see that the BenQ ht2250 which uses the same TI chip has 3d at a cheaper price point. The reviews say it is about the same performance.Come on Optima give us an upgrade
The UHD65 running firmware C13 can display 3D if the source is a PC displaying [email protected] It does NOT support Blu-ray framed packed 3D. If you search this thread there are a few posts mentioning how others have similar Optoma chipped projectors along with a PC running 3D videos and DLP active shutter glasses.

Here is a post that describes how it can be done if your PJ is running firmware C13:
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...l#post56090312
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3094 of 3655 Old 01-13-2019, 06:15 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by stefano tonelli View Post
stefano,
It's kind of hard to tell how loud something is on video with nothing to compare to, so I did a similar video of mine for you to compare with. Mine is louder than I would prefer it to be, but I have never found it to be an issue when watching content. The fan at the end is a good reference sound.

Rick

Last edited by rdlohr; 01-13-2019 at 06:27 AM.
post #3095 of 3655 Old 01-13-2019, 06:25 AM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjlaplante View Post
I don't think this is an issue that you should return it. Projector reviews just chalked it up to a deficiency with a 1st gen 4k projector. The only other issue I've had is calibrating the CMS. I was able to reach all target colors with a DeltaE of <1 except for Green. No matter what I did it wouldn't budge (DeltaE of 3.48).
Thanks, I appreciate the feedback. The fact that I know that I can't dial in the contrast makes me hyper aware of wash out in scenes with lots of light in them. I'm not sure what is real washout and what is an effect the director intended. I'm thinking with such a large screen that flaws in producing material become more evident. That having been said, are there adjustments in this area that can help me get it to be the best it can be?

Are there differences between the capabilities of each mode, like cinema and reference, or are they just presets that capture a set of canned adjustments as a starting point? For instance, I updated my reference to pretty much match the values from an online review with the exception of brightness, contrast (within limits) and sharpness that were easy to adjust manually with the Spears and Munsil disk.
post #3096 of 3655 Old 01-13-2019, 08:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Yup, that was it - connected the FireTV direct to the projector, and it locked to 24Hz just fine. It is interesting that was the issue, and yet the HDMI audio in on the soundbar worked just fine. How do you have the fireTV hooked up to your sound system? Given that HDMI out of the fireTV is the only audio output, I guess an HDMI splitter might do the job... I'll do a little more digging to see if I can figure out why the Vizio soundbar isn't passing through the 24Hz stream.

Regards,
Chris.

Just a quick update on this. I did a little more debug, and if i connect my FireTV directly to the wall-plate (that connects the long HDMI cable up to my projector), I get solid 24Hz. However, if I connect the FireTV to the cable that runs from the soundbar to the wallplate (i.e. disconnect it from the soundbar, and connect it with a F2F adapter) - I get the no sync problem again. Weird thing is, 4k60Hz still works fine. I'm trying to think why 4k60 would sync, but 4k24 would be flakey - surely 4k24 has a lower bitrate?

Regards,
Chris.
post #3097 of 3655 Old 01-13-2019, 08:59 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Got my UHD65 2.5 months ago. Finished building my house today and installed it. Tried to turn the zoom lever and it broke. Tried watching Jumanji in 4K anyways and the projector lost signal at least 10 times in the first 30 minutes. So disappointing- after years of research and waiting. Any ideas? It was connected to HDMI 2 via a 30 ft. 4K fiber optic cable directly to a Panasonic 820
post #3098 of 3655 Old 01-14-2019, 02:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashburner View Post
Got my UHD65 2.5 months ago. Finished building my house today and installed it. Tried to turn the zoom lever and it broke. Tried watching Jumanji in 4K anyways and the projector lost signal at least 10 times in the first 30 minutes. So disappointing- after years of research and waiting. Any ideas? It was connected to HDMI 2 via a 30 ft. 4K fiber optic cable directly to a Panasonic 820
I am also a new owner. I purchased it when my epson 5030 failed. I needed a quick replacement and since I wanted to upgrade to 4k I found that the Optima using the TI chip was very highly rated at a price point I could afford. For me 3d was an issue and the review I found said it wouid do 3d. After I got the unit I found this was not the case. Not Optima fault since on further research I found other reviews that verified it would not do 3d but it was still a fine unit for the price. I have since found the BenQ ht2250 which also uses the TI chip, is highly rated and costs less and does 3d. AT any rate I have found the uhd65 to be a steller performer and I have not even tweaked the settings. The broke lever of course was a defect and should not have happened. As for signal loss the uhd65 requires that you use a high quality cable. When I first installed my unit I had signal loss or no signal at all. I had a 25 ft high quality cable but 25 ft is just on the edge of what you can use. A lot of users have gone to fiber optic links. I tried various cables and found a 25ft flat cable (shouldn't make a difference) that worked fine. Be sure you are hooked to hdmi2 which is the 2.2 port, with 4k this is critical. At any rate I am sure the drop outs you are experiencing are cable related.
post #3099 of 3655 Old 01-16-2019, 04:56 PM

Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 17
i've had my Optoma UHD60 since April, but I didn't set it up until October, waiting for a new Receiver. My UHD60 is hung from the ceiling. I had an Optoma HD20 1080p projector, which is a great projector. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Anyway, I'm not sure I understand how "throw" works but I have a screen that is 100+" wide and 72" high. The projector is about 14' from the screen. The picture is nice, but I had somebody tell me that my projector was too close to the screen. I use the screen and projector for movies and television, especially sports. I have an 7.1.4 right now and I'm looking for another subwoofer. Another question is... any idea where I should place the other SW to give the best sound for movies and basketball games? I was thinking in the back. My theater is about 14' wide by about 20+' deep. I like to look at the forum, but I would like some idea of any book to look at that could help me do better.
Best of luck guys.
post #3100 of 3655 Old 01-17-2019, 05:55 AM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhelaman View Post
... Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Anyway, I'm not sure I understand how "throw" works but I have a screen that is 100+" wide and 72" high. The projector is about 14' from the screen. The picture is nice, but I had somebody tell me that my projector was too close to the screen. ....
Each projector has a specific "Throw Distance" that relates to the size of image it can project. Say if you wanted a 100" screen then your specific projector must be positioned say 10"-15" from the projected surface to be able to produce an in-focus 100" image. The manual for your projector includes a chart that has the image size and throw distance range your projector needs to be positioned to successfully display that image size. Unless the "somebody" knows the specifics for your projector they may be talking out of their butt. Go to Optoma's web and download the UHD60 user manual here. For my UHD65 that section is called "Image size and projection distance" and I highly suspect it will be the same for your UHD60.
post #3101 of 3655 Old 01-18-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Video Signal Cutting out from BluRay

I have a Sony UBPX-X700 BluRay player connected to my Optoma UHD60. I have connected it directly with a 30' Fiber Optic 18Gbps cable.
I can play movies with no issues, so I believe my problem is some combination of bluray player output and the input processing of the projector (I know this sounds obvious, but I mean as opposed to being one or the other).

In the situations listed below, the Optima loses the video signal for 2-3 seconds. Either the screen goes blank or flickers or shows pixelated colored squares. I will normally get a No Source message in the lower right, then Searching for Source, then Source Found, then it shows the 2160 4K source (or whatever the resolution is) and the image returns.
This happens when:
1. Moving from main BluRay menu to the movie menu or back to the main menu.
2. Moving from the movie menu (top menu or scene selection) to actually playing the movie or back to the menu from playing the movie.
3. In between the player displaying the FBI Warning screen, the Piracy is not a victimless crime screen and the start of the movie.

I connected the same player to my Vizio E70-F3, and it acts somewhat differently. In any of the above situations, the screen does not flicker or go blank, but it displays the video source at the top of the screen again as though it just found the source. So I believe the same thing is happening, only the Vizio is handling it more elegantly.

Sony tech support was little help. They had me turn off a couple video options after a factory reset, but nothing helped. Optoma support basically said, as long as the projector has a signal the projector will display it, which I can't argue with.

So my questions are:
1. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. Can anything be done on either the BluRay or Optoma (or both) to prevent this flickering? The Input Source on the Optoma is locked on HDMI2, that was the first thing I found online.
3. Is this normal for a BlueRay player to cut the signal like this? By the way, I have tried this with multiple BluRay discs and a DVD and the same thing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm finally getting my theater set up and this is super annoying!

Thanks!
Larry.
post #3102 of 3655 Old 01-19-2019, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonkeous View Post
I have a Sony UBPX-X700 BluRay player connected to my Optoma UHD60. I have connected it directly with a 30' Fiber Optic 18Gbps cable.
I can play movies with no issues, so I believe my problem is some combination of bluray player output and the input processing of the projector (I know this sounds obvious, but I mean as opposed to being one or the other).

In the situations listed below, the Optima loses the video signal for 2-3 seconds. Either the screen goes blank or flickers or shows pixelated colored squares. I will normally get a No Source message in the lower right, then Searching for Source, then Source Found, then it shows the 2160 4K source (or whatever the resolution is) and the image returns.
This happens when:
1. Moving from main BluRay menu to the movie menu or back to the main menu.
2. Moving from the movie menu (top menu or scene selection) to actually playing the movie or back to the menu from playing the movie.
3. In between the player displaying the FBI Warning screen, the Piracy is not a victimless crime screen and the start of the movie.

I connected the same player to my Vizio E70-F3, and it acts somewhat differently. In any of the above situations, the screen does not flicker or go blank, but it displays the video source at the top of the screen again as though it just found the source. So I believe the same thing is happening, only the Vizio is handling it more elegantly.

Sony tech support was little help. They had me turn off a couple video options after a factory reset, but nothing helped. Optoma support basically said, as long as the projector has a signal the projector will display it, which I can't argue with.

So my questions are:
1. Has anyone else experienced this?
2. Can anything be done on either the BluRay or Optoma (or both) to prevent this flickering? The Input Source on the Optoma is locked on HDMI2, that was the first thing I found online.
3. Is this normal for a BlueRay player to cut the signal like this? By the way, I have tried this with multiple BluRay discs and a DVD and the same thing happens.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm finally getting my theater set up and this is super annoying!

Thanks!
Larry.
I suspect the problem is with the input cable. With fiber it should not be an issue but I have heard of other people having trouble with their fiber links. You do not say if you have tried attaching the player directly with a short cable. Try this and if you still have the problem it is obviously the player. I have to agree with Optoma that if it plays when it sees the signal the projector is fine.
post #3103 of 3655 Old 01-19-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Just a quick update on this. I did a little more debug, and if i connect my FireTV directly to the wall-plate (that connects the long HDMI cable up to my projector), I get solid 24Hz. However, if I connect the FireTV to the cable that runs from the soundbar to the wallplate (i.e. disconnect it from the soundbar, and connect it with a F2F adapter) - I get the no sync problem again. Weird thing is, 4k60Hz still works fine. I'm trying to think why 4k60 would sync, but 4k24 would be flakey - surely 4k24 has a lower bitrate?
Update to the update. Setting the fireTV to 10 bit max output solved the problem. Even though the source content is 10bit (Rec2020_10), when switching to 24Hz the FireTV would try to go to 12 bit (and I am assuming 4:4:4), and fail to sync (although it would work with a single cable and no connectors, the extra step of a second cable from the soundbar to the wall plate must have dropped the cable BW just enough to cause it to fail).

So now I am getting 2160p24 at 10 bit 4:4:4 (as opposed to the 2160p60 at 10 bit 4:2:2 I was getting before). I assume I am losing nothing there as the source content is 10 bit anyway, so 12 bit is just wasted bandwidth. In fact I think the source content is also 4:2:2 (or 4:2:0) from what I have read, so really transmitting 4:4:4 is also wasted bandwidth, but anyway, minor quibbles.

So as soon as the sun goes down I am going to down some qualitative tests to make sure the theory (that [email protected]:4:4 looks better than [email protected]:2:2).

Chris.
post #3104 of 3655 Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by jdhelaman View Post
i've had my Optoma UHD60 since April, but I didn't set it up until October, waiting for a new Receiver. My UHD60 is hung from the ceiling. I had an Optoma HD20 1080p projector, which is a great projector. Not sure what I'm going to do with it yet. Anyway, I'm not sure I understand how "throw" works but I have a screen that is 100+" wide and 72" high. The projector is about 14' from the screen. The picture is nice, but I had somebody tell me that my projector was too close to the screen. I use the screen and projector for movies and television, especially sports. I have an 7.1.4 right now and I'm looking for another subwoofer. Another question is... any idea where I should place the other SW to give the best sound for movies and basketball games? I was thinking in the back. My theater is about 14' wide by about 20+' deep. I like to look at the forum, but I would like some idea of any book to look at that could help me do better.
Best of luck guys.
Use this to get an estimate on throw distance. https://www.projectorcentral.com/Opt...ulator-pro.htm

For sub placement, you generally want one in front and one in the back, then do sub crawl for best placement.

NAD T758v3, Emotiva XPA-3, XPA-5, UPA-5, JTR Triple 12 LP L/C/R, Htm-6 surrounds, Volt 6 atmos, SVS PC13 Ultra and JTR Cap 2400 ULF - Denon x2400h, Elac Debut F5, Elac Debut C5, Elac Debut A4, Klipsch r-12swi - Stereo Totem Mite
post #3105 of 3655 Old 01-21-2019, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 190 Post(s)
Liked: 119
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashburner View Post
Looks like you have the correct cable and connection. Make sure you have the correct settings for the Panasonic. I find the Pansonics (ub900 and 820) to be great players but can be finicky. I'm sure you knew this, the 820 HDR optimizer works for netflix and prime as well. It makes Ozark watchable on the optoma projector.

NAD T758v3, Emotiva XPA-3, XPA-5, UPA-5, JTR Triple 12 LP L/C/R, Htm-6 surrounds, Volt 6 atmos, SVS PC13 Ultra and JTR Cap 2400 ULF - Denon x2400h, Elac Debut F5, Elac Debut C5, Elac Debut A4, Klipsch r-12swi - Stereo Totem Mite
post #3106 of 3655 Old 01-21-2019, 04:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cndondi View Post
I suspect the problem is with the input cable. With fiber it should not be an issue but I have heard of other people having trouble with their fiber links. You do not say if you have tried attaching the player directly with a short cable. Try this and if you still have the problem it is obviously the player. I have to agree with Optoma that if it plays when it sees the signal the projector is fine.
With a 3-foot high speed HDMI cable directly from the BluRay to the projector the same problem occurs. The funny thing is, with the BluRay powered off but plugged in, it maintains a 2160 signal to the projector (no searching for source). As soon as I unplug power to the BluRay player the projector starts searching for a source again. So the BluRay player is dropping the signal to the projector. Again, part of the blame could lie with the projector which can't handle the temporary interruption of the signal, but I'm wondering if someone can recommend a different player which doesn't behave this way. It may not sound like much, but the screen blacking out and searching for a signal every time I do something on the BluRay is terrible. I have 10 year old tvs hooked up to DVD players that don't act like this.
post #3107 of 3655 Old 01-22-2019, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Native Resolution and Frequency, UHD60

Hi there,

before I buy a UHD60 I actually need to know if what I want to do is possible or not. I didn't figure out how to use the search for such specific cases and I can't read ALL the posts in here, so don't be angry if this has already been answered.

I know that it uses a 2716 x 1528 display and shutters this to 4k resolution. I'm fine with that.

Here the questions:
  1. can I actually input a 2716 x 1528 Signal (or alike, something like 1440p or whatever) from the PC and show this without the shutter on a actual native resolution?
  2. This would still look good right? Like between 1080p and 2060p?
  3. What's the actual showed resolution in this scenario? 2716 x 1528? Or does the display only uses a area of it's 2716 x 1528 field?
  4. At what frequency does the projector and HDMI cable work in this setup? Can it output [email protected]/FPS?
am2model3 likes this.
post #3108 of 3655 Old 01-22-2019, 10:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 196 Post(s)
Liked: 151
1. Short answer, no. However, I don't have my UHD60 hooked up to know for sure with custom resolutions.
2. The aspect ratio may be right.
3. See compatible resolutions attachment.
4. Mostly just 60Hz with 24Hz and 30Hz with some 4K. I briefly outputted 1080p/120Hz on the Xbox One X when it became available but didn't keep it on. Unfortunately I can't recall off the top of my head if I was using the UHD60 or UHD51A at the time (old).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	resolutions.PNG
Views:	38
Size:	106.7 KB
ID:	2514568  

Display: Optoma UHD51A Projector > Elite Screens R135WH1 ezFrame | 7.2.4 Audio: Onkyo TX-RZ920 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver, M-5010 2ch Amplifier; Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 1000(x10), SuperCube I & 4000 | Sources: PC, DirecTV, Apple 4K, Fire Stick 4K, Oppo UDP-203, Chromecast & Roku Ultras, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro & Nintendo Switch | Remote: Harmony Elite | HDMI: 40' Monoprice DynamicView+4x1 Switch
post #3109 of 3655 Old 01-22-2019, 12:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Hester View Post
1. Short answer, no. However, I don't have my UHD60 hooked up to know for sure with custom resolutions.
2. The aspect ratio may be right.
3. See compatible resolutions attachment.
4. Mostly just 60Hz with 24Hz and 30Hz with some 4K. I briefly outputted 1080p/120Hz on the Xbox One X when it became available but didn't keep it on. Unfortunately I can't recall off the top of my head if I was using the UHD60 or UHD51A at the time (old).
Thanks for the answer. The Manuals are actually my main Problem, some quotes:
1) 4K UHD Upscale Conversion: Upscales non-4K UHD resolutions (WXGA, 720p, 1080p, WUXGA, 1440p) and frame rates to 2160p 60Hz (4K UHD)
2) Computer Compatibility: UHD 2160p, WUXGA, HDTV 1080p, UXGA, SXGA, WXGA+, WXGA (1366x768), WXGA, HDTV (720p), XGA, SVGA, VGA,
3) Video Compatibility: UHD 2160p (24/50/60Hz), 1080p (24/50/60Hz), 1080i (50/60Hz), 720p (50/60Hz), 480i/p, 576i/p
4) 4k UHD scaling mode: Native 1:1-Abbildung, zentriert. Keine Skalierung; die angezeigte Auflösung hängt von der Eingangsquelle ab. ->translated this means no scaling done, the outgoing resolution is directly tied to the source resolution.

So what do this quotes combined mean?
1. It states to upscale 1440p sources to 4k in 1), but doesen't accept 1440p (WQHD) sources in 2) and 3).
2. It states to be capable to cutput the source directly, centered, without any scaling in 4). So actually should be able to accept any source up to UHD range limits, regardless of the Ratio and anything else.

So thats why I ask here, is anyone able to test something like this? I get that there maybe wont be a chance to 120hz, but 1440p native would be cool if doable.
post #3110 of 3655 Old 01-22-2019, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Optoma UHD65
This is driving me NUTS!!
Losing signal source while searching on the channel guide only.
Does this on both my satellites (DIRECTV and Bell TV(Canada)

Any idea on how to correct this?

post #3111 of 3655 Old 01-23-2019, 04:49 AM

Liked: 7
Hello
I would like to know if someone can help me with the calibration because I do not know very well what parameters to put and I do not have the knowledge or material to calibrate
post #3112 of 3655 Old 01-23-2019, 08:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlanman View Post
Optoma UHD65
This is driving me NUTS!!
Losing signal source while searching on the channel guide only.
Does this on both my satellites (DIRECTV and Bell TV(Canada)

Any idea on how to correct this?
How long and what type of cable is going to the projector?
post #3113 of 3655 Old 01-23-2019, 12:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 311 Post(s)
Liked: 250
2716 x 1528

you can send PC game signals at this resolution to the uhd60; and the projector will upscale to 4k.

you have to set custom resolution from your video card.

Depending on the game, running at 4.15mill pixels is not bad; and it looks as good as 4k without the processing cost of 3840x2160.

Makes you wonder if 4.15mill pixels is plenty!! sometimes it is!

I played JustCause4 PC like this at 60fps; it looked amazing! Switching to 2160p was great; but how much of a difference could i really see?

1528p definently looks better than 1080p!
post #3114 of 3655 Old 01-23-2019, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrenf1 View Post
How long and what type of cable is going to the projector?
15' hdmi 2.0 high speed cable. It ONLY does this while using the guide on both satellites.
It doesnt do it for me while using any other device (Nvidia shield ect.)
post #3115 of 3655 Old 01-24-2019, 04:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chlanman View Post
15' hdmi 2.0 high speed cable. It ONLY does this while using the guide on both satellites.
It doesnt do it for me while using any other device (Nvidia shield ect.)
I can't make out the resolution of the source in the video, but if it's 4K there may be an issue with 15'.
I'm struggling with a similar issue on a Sony BluRay - UBPX-X700 - posted above. If you want to eliminate some things, try a shorter cable connected to a TV and see if it happens.
I believe I'm at the point where I have no solution, except to try another brand of BluRay player that may not drop the signal as often.
As I stated in my post, I believe it's a combination of the BluRay dropping the signal momentarily and the Optoma not handling it very well. If there's not something wrong with my projector (I've already tried two UBPX-X700 players) I'm surprised more people aren't posting about these types of problems.
post #3116 of 3655 Old 01-24-2019, 07:26 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
I can't make out the resolution of the source in the video, but if it's 4K there may be an issue with 15'.
I'm struggling with a similar issue on a Sony BluRay - UBPX-X700 - posted above. If you want to eliminate some things, try a shorter cable connected to a TV and see if it happens.
I believe I'm at the point where I have no solution, except to try another brand of BluRay player that may not drop the signal as often.
As I stated in my post, I believe it's a combination of the BluRay dropping the signal momentarily and the Optoma not handling it very well. If there's not something wrong with my projector (I've already tried two UBPX-X700 players) I'm surprised more people aren't posting about these types of problems.
These intermittent signal drops were the same I was experiencing, and they were completing solved by adding a voltage inserter dongle inline with my cable from my receiver to the UHD65. It's a $10 fix.

Optoma UHD65 ..:.. 124" WilsonArt DW screen
Yamaha RX-A770 receiver
Xbox One X and Shield TV
Controlled by a Harmony Elite
Philo and YouTubeTV user
post #3117 of 3655 Old 01-24-2019, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
These intermittent signal drops were the same I was experiencing, and they were completing solved by adding a voltage inserter dongle inline with my cable from my receiver to the UHD65. It's a $10 fix.
Wow, I thought buying a $160 fiber optic HDMI cable took care of these types of issues, but with a little looking online it seems that is not the case.

Are you able to provide a brand/model for the inserter you used, or are they all pretty much the same?
I want to try this for sure.

Thanks!
post #3118 of 3655 Old 01-24-2019, 11:42 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Wow, I thought buying a $160 fiber optic HDMI cable took care of these types of issues, but with a little looking online it seems that is not the case.

Are you able to provide a brand/model for the inserter you used, or are they all pretty much the same?
I want to try this for sure.

Thanks!
I too spent $160 on a RUIPRO fiber optic cable. After sending me a replacement cable and a lot of back and forth, they sent me this inserter and that fixed the problem for me 100% https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06XX5T43B

Optoma UHD65 ..:.. 124" WilsonArt DW screen
Yamaha RX-A770 receiver
Xbox One X and Shield TV
Controlled by a Harmony Elite
Philo and YouTubeTV user
post #3119 of 3655 Old 01-24-2019, 05:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Hey guys, I have a Panasonic ub820 in coming this weekend. Over in the bluray player forum there are a lot of setting recommendations for JVC projectors soni thought I might ask here.

I have the UHD65, you guys with the Panny, any recommendations on settings?

Thanks!
Greg

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
post #3120 of 3655 Old 01-24-2019, 06:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by URPREY View Post
Thanks!
Source is 1080 on the sat dishes.

I believe my AVR is causing the problem. Using a Denon x1500h.
Using the same HDMI cable. Straight from the DirectTV receiver to the projector, no issue. Soon as i use the Denon AVR. It has this signal drop while using the guide as you can see in the video.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
firmware , hd65 , Optoma , optoma uhd60 , uhd60 apple tv , uhd65

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page