Optoma UHD60/65 Owners Thread - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4525Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #961 of 3437 Old 08-13-2017, 08:03 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 210
65 has more contrast
am2model3 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #962 of 3437 Old 08-13-2017, 11:16 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Troy LaMont's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2000
Location: Studio City, CA
Posts: 2,123
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 309 Post(s)
Liked: 283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star56 View Post
Watch the video.They mention that despite having the same dmd the 65 has significantly more apparent detail than the 60.
The apparent extra detail is just a result of the improved contrast as they point out in the video, they both have the same sharpness and it wasn't that 'significant' but definitely noticeable. Fire extinguished.

Theater: Onkyo TX-NR807, Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12, Optoma HD80 on 100" Elite Aeon screen
Bedroom: Yamaha WXA50, Samsung Q6FN (2018), Martin Logan Motion LX16, Pro SW100P 10" sub
Gaming: Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
Troy LaMont is offline  
post #963 of 3437 Old 08-14-2017, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
Chris Blount's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: San Antonio, TX
Posts: 606
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 109 Post(s)
Liked: 106
It is a good video but it all comes down to the same thing about personal preference. Both projectors are great and have their uses. Obviously the 65 is better for the discerning home theater enthusiast but they did mention that the 60 is no slouch.


Personally I'm enjoying my 60 and glad I saved the extra $500 for the next gen models. The 60 and 65 will be obsolete in a year (maybe sooner) when Optoma takes the lessons learned from these two models and make improvements that will blow both of them up.

Chris Blount

Last edited by Chris Blount; 08-14-2017 at 07:47 AM.
Chris Blount is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #964 of 3437 Old 08-15-2017, 08:55 PM
Member
 
reechings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossay View Post
Just in-case any PC people are following this thread: forcing 1080p120hz via the HDMI 2.0 port using the Nvidia Control Panel's custom resolutions is possible.

Just received this projector today and am very impressed by it, nice step up from the HD33, although theres a yellow tinge at one of the corners of the projected image that concerns me, but I'm hoping it resolves itself over time!
Can you explain in more detail the improvement compared to the HD33. That's the exact projector I have and it's acting up on me. Thanks
reechings is offline  
post #965 of 3437 Old 08-15-2017, 09:54 PM
Member
 
Ualnosaj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkabir View Post
I ordered the UHD65 from PP and am scheduled to get it tommorrow.

I currently have a Epson 3010 in a bat cave media room and will be able to switch it out with the UHD65 without needing any lens shift. The Epson 3010 has 0 offset with no lens shift.

I recently got a Samsung K8500 4K Blu-ray player that I plan on using. I currently have a 35 feet Monoprice Redmere cable that advertisers 18gbps bandwidth so hopefully I won't need new cables. Will give my impressions tommorrow when I have it installed and setup
I too upgraded from an Epson 3010 to the UHD65. The latter is quite a bit larger and I had to reach into my bolts bucket to mount it but damn -- was it worth it. Only running native up convert from 1080 but even at a "small" 107", everything just POPS after rough calibration. Not to mention it's a lot quieter, even in brightest mode. No more "auto-iris" noise, just pure blacks. I need to upgrade my receiver and splitter to run 4K but I can't wait.

Oh, and even though the thing is a big honking black box, my wife hasn't noticed it's not the white Epson! For how long...

That said, she didn't notice the previous change from the HD65 to the bigger Epson for a while...
saiko likes this.

Last edited by Ualnosaj; 08-15-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Ualnosaj is offline  
post #966 of 3437 Old 08-15-2017, 10:05 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossay View Post
Just in-case any PC people are following this thread: forcing 1080p120hz via the HDMI 2.0 port using the Nvidia Control Panel's custom resolutions is possible.

Just received this projector today and am very impressed by it, nice step up from the HD33, although theres a yellow tinge at one of the corners of the projected image that concerns me, but I'm hoping it resolves itself over time!
1080p 120hz, wow that's the first I've heard in a projector. Can you verify if 120hz is getting through to the screen maybe something like blurbusters www.testufo.com

If infact 120hz that could possibly open up the doors to 3D
brendabryg is offline  
post #967 of 3437 Old 08-15-2017, 11:01 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 210
I listened to a dolby atmos demo today in a supreme projector room; has to be 20-30k setup. Atmos is awesome! Sound made me feel like i was in a cave, spacious i need to upgrade soon! Haha. The pj was epson laser 10000, goldenear tritons, rears as big as fronts! Screen innovations 2:35 screen ambient light reducing, 7.4.4 sound it was pretty wow. The epson laser pj is good but definently has limitations. Not sure if it was 10 or 10500. I still love my uhd60
am2model3 is offline  
post #968 of 3437 Old 08-16-2017, 09:53 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2014
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Anyone else on this thread getting color banding like this?

As I have been posting, I am trying to figure out if this is a UHD60 issue or my settings/cable from xbox one s.

Thanks for any help. I also see it on ultra blu ray discs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2777.JPG (13.0 KB, 432 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2775.JPG (20.1 KB, 254 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2774.JPG (16.0 KB, 216 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2785.JPG (18.8 KB, 175 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2784.JPG (18.9 KB, 215 views)
ryanoletzke is offline  
post #969 of 3437 Old 08-16-2017, 11:00 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanoletzke View Post
Anyone else on this thread getting color banding like this?

As I have been posting, I am trying to figure out if this is a UHD60 issue or my settings/cable from xbox one s.

Thanks for any help. I also see it on ultra blu ray discs.
Hello Ryan! Thank you again for helping me to get 24hz going. I watched Furious7 4k blu ray last night; it was cinema smooth 24fps! It was lovely and detailed 2160p/24hz. My eyes enjoyed the cinematic presentation, it was just gorgeous. Thank you!

banding: Occasionally i see it via xbox s. What i have found: i had default setting to 12bit. this is probably too high. 4k blu rays i am doing 10bit; and you need at least 10bit for HDR. I watched a regular blu ray at 10bit and saw banding; most likely because i should switch it to 8bit for that. apparently regular blu rays and even the 4k blu rays are actually all encoded at 4:2:0 8bit; so 8bit or 10bit should help your banding.
I am doing 10bit for 4k blu rays and it seems to be fine; i need to test 8bit for regular blu rays but i bet it will look good. If you see banding at 10bit on 4k blu rays; going to 8bit might help? I do all my watching at 2160p/SDR so i'm not messing with HDR for now. SDR looks amazing for me. I watched Furious7 4k last night SDR/2160p and i could see all kinds of amazing color, and contrast between white/dark; it was truly stunning and a treat to see.
This seems to eliminate it for me. another thing is if you see banding or artifacts; try the "cinema" display mode; its cinema gamma seems to clear up those issues as well.
am2model3 is offline  
post #970 of 3437 Old 08-16-2017, 02:53 PM
Member
 
Mossay's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendabryg View Post
1080p 120hz, wow that's the first I've heard in a projector. Can you verify if 120hz is getting through to the screen maybe something like blurbusters www.testufo.com

If infact 120hz that could possibly open up the doors to 3D
Hey-- just following up on this-- and also going to modify my original post too to avoid giving bad advice. Ufotester showed no difference between 60hz and 120hz, (compared my findings with a 120hz monitor, which clearly showed a difference). Although the projectors menus confirm a 120hz signal, I'm guessing the output is scaled back to 60hz in practice. While the response time feels better, the smoothness factor according to ufotester remains unchanged from 60hz.

@reechings , regarding improvement compared to the HD33: I find motion much improved (never used pure motion though, too much latency) on the UHD60, and most importantly for me it has a better contrast in dark scenes. I found the HD33, no matter the calibration, to have difficulties with dimly lit scenes. Edge to edge focus is a step up from the HD33 too.

The 4k60 signal via the PC is the ultimate feature though -- the extra clarity it affords is fantastic.
reechings and brendabryg like this.
Mossay is offline  
post #971 of 3437 Old 08-16-2017, 03:50 PM
blh
Newbie
 
blh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anyone using a PC hooked up to the UHD60/UHD65? Does it do 4K 4:4:4 RGB well? How does 1:1 pixel mapping look? I am curious how well the projector may work as a monitor.

I attached a couple of test images.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	chroma4kbw.png
Views:	113
Size:	75.8 KB
ID:	2268668   Click image for larger version

Name:	x_bg.png
Views:	119
Size:	4.3 KB
ID:	2268670  
blh is offline  
post #972 of 3437 Old 08-16-2017, 09:01 PM
Member
 
reechings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 180
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 99 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mossay View Post
Hey-- just following up on this-- and also going to modify my original post too to avoid giving bad advice. Ufotester showed no difference between 60hz and 120hz, (compared my findings with a 120hz monitor, which clearly showed a difference). Although the projectors menus confirm a 120hz signal, I'm guessing the output is scaled back to 60hz in practice. While the response time feels better, the smoothness factor according to ufotester remains unchanged from 60hz.

@reechings , regarding improvement compared to the HD33: I find motion much improved (never used pure motion though, too much latency) on the UHD60, and most importantly for me it has a better contrast in dark scenes. I found the HD33, no matter the calibration, to have difficulties with dimly lit scenes. Edge to edge focus is a step up from the HD33 too.

The 4k60 signal via the PC is the ultimate feature though -- the extra clarity it affords is fantastic.
Thanks for that, that is the main issue I have with the HD33 and happy to hear it is improved. Is it a big improvement with dark scenes or more subtle? Cheers
reechings is offline  
post #973 of 3437 Old 08-16-2017, 11:43 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 210
I watched alien covenant 4k blu tonight; 2160p/24hz/sdr looked incredible. I play pc games all the time 2160p/60hz/4:4:4 and its excellent
am2model3 is offline  
post #974 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 03:20 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 20
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I received my Optoma Uhd60 about 2 weeks back and I am noticing that the projector is flickering on ECO mode and also on Dynamic Black mode. The flickering is getting worse day by day (light flickering dim to bright while screen is paused or slow frame). I tried multiple power sources to evaluate if it is unstable power provided to the unit but the flickering was still obvious. I also was told that keeping the lamp mode on BRIGHT for a few hours could help resolve the flicker but again after using the projector for 20 hours in BRIGHT mode when I switch back to ECO the flickering is still obvious. Is this a common issue?

Below is the summary of my setup:


HDMI cable is a DTEC 18gbps cable 50ft:?


https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HI...0L&ref=plSrch#


Source is the Nvidia shield Pro, connected directly to the projector, no receiver is used.?


HDMI PORT I am connected to is the HDmi 2, which supports 18gbps.?


The lamp mode running on ECO power brightness is causing flickering, if I use BRIGHT power mode the flickering is not visible. I tried using DYNAMIC BLACK on both modes ECO and BRIGHT and the flickering is more severe and very obvious. The flickering starts very mildly then after 15 mins of use the flickering becomes more and more severe.?


I am currently only able to use the projector on BRIGHT lamp power mode with dynamic black mode switched Off.?


I have tried to resolve the flickering by doing the following:

- connecting to another power source / power socket

- keeping the projector on BRIGHT lamp mode for over 20 hours

- changing HDmi cable to a shorter length, from 50ft to 10ft.


All the above failed to resolve the issue.?Anyone else facing this issue?
Saadooness is offline  
post #975 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 05:50 AM
Member
 
dazedndallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So dumb new dude question. So I have my UHD60 Set up and everything looks great and the picture fits perfectly on my 120in Screen. HOWEVER, there is about a 2 inch of horizontal white light from the projector that shows outside the frame of the screen on the top as well as bottom. I can't figure out for the life of me on how to remove them. Need help please from all you old-timers!

Couple of notes- I am set up just beyond the min throw distance at about 12'6. Screen is 120 Inch. Am I incorrect in thinking I am having projector light above and below the screen because I am too close with the projector?

Last edited by dazedndallas; 08-18-2017 at 09:28 AM.
dazedndallas is offline  
post #976 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 01:50 PM
Member
 
Blindsay08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Just outside of Boston MA
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Hey all,

Just curious what folks are doing for mounting that dont have the option for ceiling mounting? I live in an apartment and cannot drill into my ceiling.

Upgraded from an Epson 5030 and i know this would be more difficult to setup but it is proving even harder than i thought.

I had my epson on audio tower behind my couch previously

http://images3.static-bluray.com/htg...60798_full.jpg


I know realize i would have to put the Optoma on a much much lower shelf when then people would just constantly walk in front of


any thoughts?

Thanks!
Blindsay08 is offline  
post #977 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 02:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 1,186
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay08 View Post
Hey all,

Just curious what folks are doing for mounting that dont have the option for ceiling mounting? I live in an apartment and cannot drill into my ceiling.

Upgraded from an Epson 5030 and i know this would be more difficult to setup but it is proving even harder than i thought.

I had my epson on audio tower behind my couch previously

http://images3.static-bluray.com/htg...60798_full.jpg


I know realize i would have to put the Optoma on a much much lower shelf when then people would just constantly walk in front of


any thoughts?

Thanks!
Can you drill into the walls? If so mount a shelf and hang the projector from the bottom of shelf, upside down.


BCRSS is online now  
post #978 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 02:10 PM
Member
 
Blindsay08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Just outside of Boston MA
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCRSS View Post
Can you drill into the walls? If so mount a shelf and hang the projector from the bottom of shelf, upside down.
I can only make smaller holes for posters and things like that
Blindsay08 is offline  
post #979 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 02:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
BCRSS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: TX
Posts: 1,186
Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 480
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay08 View Post
I can only make smaller holes for posters and things like that

If you do it properly, the holes would not be very large. 3/16 hole at most.
I am thinking something like this.



Then use a 3 inch drywall screw to mount to wall. Drill through shelf and mount with bolts and nuts. Should be plenty strong. The projector is large. 6Hx19.6Wx13D. So you could cover two studs at 16 on center and make your shelf 20 or wider for mounting projector to.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	bracket.png
Views:	2353
Size:	336.5 KB
ID:	2269724  


BCRSS is online now  
post #980 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 03:28 PM
Member
 
dazedndallas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by dazedndallas View Post
So dumb new dude question. So I have my UHD60 Set up and everything looks great and the picture fits perfectly on my 120in Screen. HOWEVER, there is about a 2 inch of horizontal white light from the projector that shows outside the frame of the screen on the top as well as bottom. I can't figure out for the life of me on how to remove them. Need help please from all you old-timers!

Couple of notes- I am set up just beyond the min throw distance at about 12'6. Screen is 120 Inch. Am I incorrect in thinking I am having projector light above and below the screen because I am too close with the projector?
Anyone with a UHD60 have any issues with light from the projector showing up above and below the fixed picture image? No matter what size or what I do, its there very faintly. [IMG][/IMG]
dazedndallas is offline  
post #981 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 03:33 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
BondDonBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay08 View Post
I can only make smaller holes for posters and things like that
Build a box to put on the shelf and mount the projector upside down on the box. Lens even with the top of the screen.
am2model3 likes this.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
BondDonBond is offline  
post #982 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 05:10 PM
Member
 
Blindsay08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Just outside of Boston MA
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 18
think i could use something like this?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2

wouldnt have to mount it into the ceiling that way
woodhead2 likes this.
Blindsay08 is offline  
post #983 of 3437 Old 08-18-2017, 10:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Upside down or you have to project from low. Other issues contact optoma sounds like defects?
am2model3 is offline  
post #984 of 3437 Old 08-20-2017, 12:14 AM
Advanced Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 557
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 273 Post(s)
Liked: 210
Using xbx s for regular 1080p blu rays i can confirm u want 8bit selected to eliminate banding. Cinema mode looks excellent with 24hz
am2model3 is offline  
post #985 of 3437 Old 08-20-2017, 02:17 AM
Senior Member
 
RoNNy379CH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: switzerland
Posts: 310
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 259 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by BondDonBond View Post
Put these in last night and looks good. Thanks Ronny
Sounds great
RoNNy379CH is offline  
post #986 of 3437 Old 08-20-2017, 02:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Star56's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: In my armed redoubt deep in the mountains of northern Ohio
Posts: 3,714
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 166 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Hey Guys,

Quick question about the UHD65 (which I just ordered). Can you access the lens shift and zoom from the remote? I am going to have to mount mine upside down on a shelf up near my ceiling. If I can avoid having to open that top door things will be a lot easier.

Thanks!

Tom

42" in the dining room. 50" in the bedroom. 86" in the living room. 65" in the family room. 70" in the family room. 106" in the family room "This is the voice of world control" Video Modes:EDTV-XGA-HDTV-4K HDR
Star56 is offline  
post #987 of 3437 Old 08-20-2017, 03:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Walnut, CA, USA
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 600
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star56 View Post
Hey Guys,

Quick question about the UHD65 (which I just ordered). Can you access the lens shift and zoom from the remote? I am going to have to mount mine upside down on a shelf up near my ceiling. If I can avoid having to open that top door things will be a lot easier.

Thanks!

Tom
No lens adjustments are motorized. Manual adjustment only. And the vertical lens shift is small. It cannot be placed upright on a high shelf, it must be hung upside down.

*********************
Kirk Ellis
BenQ TK800 VuTec 122" Screen, Harmon Kardon AVR 247
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center, Energy Take 5 Surrounds
dreamer is offline  
post #988 of 3437 Old 08-20-2017, 06:45 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member
 
BondDonBond's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: US
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 749 Post(s)
Liked: 682
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
No lens adjustments are motorized. Manual adjustment only. And the vertical lens shift is small. It cannot be placed upright on a high shelf, it must be hung upside down.
I mounted a couple of ways before permanently putting it up. One way was on a shelf upside down with basically side rails holding it 3" off the shelf and make sure it is level. I took off the cover so I could get to lens shift. Be care with that but if you are it is easy.
fgr75b likes this.

Home Theater: JVC RS2000, Stewart 120" 2:35 StudioTech 130, Panamorph DCR Lens, B&W 802 Nautilus, HTM1, 4-B&W 805's for surround, 4-Martin Logan 22's ceiling speakers ATMOS, 2- PB-16 Ultra Subs, Marantz 8802A, MacIntosh 8207 AMP and Proceed AMP 5, Panasonic 820, Apple TV, XBox One, HTPC with MadVR, Qnap NAS
BondDonBond is offline  
post #989 of 3437 Old 08-20-2017, 08:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Location: Out West
Posts: 1,411
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 799 Post(s)
Liked: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blindsay08 View Post
think i could use something like this?

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_...seq=1&format=2

wouldnt have to mount it into the ceiling that way
That should work assuming the specs are honest.

I have a condo with concrete ceilings. I used two shelf brackets and a 24in x 18in x 3/4in thick piece of birch plywood to build a small section of "false ceiling". The thing to do is mount the shelf brackets on the wall studs but mount them so that the plywood is pressed up against the ceiling, then you just hang a conventional projector ceiling mount from under the plywood, which is thick enough to carry the weight of the projector and mount via 3/4in long wood screws.
DunMunro is offline  
post #990 of 3437 Old 08-20-2017, 04:33 PM
Member
 
Blindsay08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Just outside of Boston MA
Posts: 54
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Are the front feet on the UHD60 adjustable? i see in a lot of reviews on the 65 they are but i cant find out if they are on the 60, and on mine they are either stuck or they are not adjustable
Blindsay08 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
firmware , hd65 , Optoma , optoma uhd60 , uhd60 apple tv , uhd65

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off