Originally Posted by btmille
Did anyone find an answer to this? Mine is now starting to flicker more in Bright mode and Eco mode. It is driving me crazy.
I always run in bright mode with Dynamic Black on, so haven't seen this issue. Did a quick search for bulb flicker issues and found this (which is not specific to the Optoma UHD but just in general with projectors / bulbs I believe):
The most common solutions I've read:
- Switch to another lamp power mode (i.e. from high to low or from low to high) for a few hours, then back to your preferred bulb mode
- Usually it is to switch from low to high, as low or eco mode is more prone to the problem
- Change picture modes and then switch back
- Get a new bulb
- Run in high power mode for the first few tens or hundred hours on a new bulb to establish solid strike points for the arc
- Then switching to low power mode the arc will be less prone to develop wandering
- Place a magnet over the lamp area, if the wandering conditions are suitable that may stabilize the arc. Do at your own risk though of causing other problems with PJ
Most of these only seem to mitigate the problem or help stop it for a while, but if a bulb is prone to it, it may be very difficult to stop
Some say that going to high lamp at the first sign can help curtail it, but if it has been going on for a long time it is likely the bulb is too damaged to get it to go away with that bulb.