Epson Home Cinema 4000 4Ke HDR Projector Debuts - Page 21 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 170Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #601 of 624 Old 01-19-2019, 08:32 AM
MJ1
Senior Member
 
MJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 33
I just picked up epson 4000. When I play HDR bluray, it does not automatically switch to digital cinema mode. It stays in cinema mode. HDR is working as I can see picture is much better than same video in SDR mode. Do you have to manually switch to digital cinema?
MJ1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #602 of 624 Old 02-06-2019, 06:04 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just setup my epson 4000 and need help with lens shift. My lens shift takes about 20 mins before it will work (sometimes it will only go up or left). Also the saved lens setting dont seem to work. When I press the preset on the remote all it does is go either all the way up or all the way down. Is there something i am missing?
mquazilbash is offline  
post #603 of 624 Old 02-07-2019, 12:18 PM
MJ1
Senior Member
 
MJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquazilbash View Post
Just setup my epson 4000 and need help with lens shift. My lens shift takes about 20 mins before it will work (sometimes it will only go up or left). Also the saved lens setting dont seem to work. When I press the preset on the remote all it does is go either all the way up or all the way down. Is there something i am missing?

Something doesn't seem right there. Mine works instantly. Click on the Lens button on the remote, then go to lens shift option and then use arrow buttons on the remote to move up/down or left/right. I have 2:35 screen so i have some lens memory saved as well. If you don't have 2:35 screen, then you don't need to do that.
Terence likes this.
MJ1 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #604 of 624 Old 02-11-2019, 08:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
Something doesn't seem right there. Mine works instantly. Click on the Lens button on the remote, then go to lens shift option and then use arrow buttons on the remote to move up/down or left/right. I have 2:35 screen so i have some lens memory saved as well. If you don't have 2:35 screen, then you don't need to do that.
I have a 2.39 screen set up but my memory 1 and 2 on the remote dont work all the time. They are always off by atleast a foot. Do I need to do some reset before setting the lens memory setting? Also if i click the lens memory 1 multiple times it will do different things.
mquazilbash is offline  
post #605 of 624 Old 02-11-2019, 10:33 AM
MJ1
Senior Member
 
MJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 33
You have to click on Lens button on the remote to go through zoom, focus etc. Check out page 61 of the manual. You may want to call epson support to determine if there is something wrong.
MJ1 is offline  
post #606 of 624 Old 02-12-2019, 11:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
You have to click on Lens button on the remote to go through zoom, focus etc. Check out page 61 of the manual. You may want to call epson support to determine if there is something wrong.
Yeah I think i am going to call them today. I can do all the adjustments through the lens button now but my issue is with saving the settings for lens 1 and lens 2. It doesnt seem to remember them exactly. It will try to do 2.39 I have it set to but it will be too far up or down. Same with 16.9.
mquazilbash is offline  
post #607 of 624 Old 02-12-2019, 12:28 PM
MJ1
Senior Member
 
MJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Sounds good. Mine works perfectly. I have 2:35 screen. I saved 2.35 to lens1 and 16x9 to lens2.
MJ1 is offline  
post #608 of 624 Old 02-13-2019, 12:16 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
Sounds good. Mine works perfectly. I have 2:35 screen. I saved 2.35 to lens1 and 16x9 to lens2.
that is how i want mine setup. I have lens 1 as 2.39 and lens 2 as 16.9. Called epson yesterday and they couldnt help (their advance team was closed). I called today and they sent me some instructions to follow. Ill try that and see. Yesterday I set my position lower than what it is suppose to be and it almost brought it back to the position i wanted but when i clicked it again projection went up by a foot again.
mquazilbash is offline  
post #609 of 624 Old 02-14-2019, 04:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
So Epson determined that the projector is probably bad and offered to send me a refurbished projector. Horrible company to deal with. Picture quality is good but so was my old planar. Hope everyone else has better luck with their projectors (should have paid more attention to the reviews I am just going to keep this one and live with the fact that lens position is faulty. Don't want to trade a new partially faulty projector for a used projector at least not at the moment.
DRaven72 likes this.
mquazilbash is offline  
post #610 of 624 Old 02-16-2019, 03:30 AM
Advanced Member
 
DRaven72's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Wolverine Lake, Mi
Posts: 551
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquazilbash View Post
So Epson determined that the projector is probably bad and offered to send me a refurbished projector. Horrible company to deal with. Picture quality is good but so was my old planar. Hope everyone else has better luck with their projectors (should have paid more attention to the reviews I am just going to keep this one and live with the fact that lens position is faulty. Don't want to trade a new partially faulty projector for a used projector at least not at the moment.
*

Yeah the refurbished one I received was worse than the one I sent back. Still pissed. Also, the whole motorized assemble moves when I just try to use the focus function. (Whole lens moves in a upward circular motion just focusing it.) Also have a grinding type noise with the lens cover. BenQ sent me a brand new machine, with unopened batteries, remote package, box fully sealed with my HT3050. You don't pay $2000 to get someone else's returned crap.

Did they tell you they would cross ship for only $1099 down on your credit card?? The turn around process took around 20-22 days without cross shipping.

Oh and the tear looking scratches on the lens I had on the first one were also on this one. HT3050 was setup, nothing wrong with screen. After my injuries last year, I have to wait till next year to get this turd out of here. Can't come fast enough!

Epson HC4000----ES 100" Aeon Borderless Screen---Onkyo 656--Sony X800UHD--2x Martin Logan Motion 12 Rears(lack of space near screen)Klipsch RC-42 Center--2x Klipsch RF-24 L/R--2x RF-14M side surrounds--
DRaven72 is offline  
post #611 of 624 Old 02-16-2019, 04:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by DRaven72 View Post
*

Yeah the refurbished one I received was worse than the one I sent back. Still pissed. Also, the whole motorized assemble moves when I just try to use the focus function. (Whole lens moves in a upward circular motion just focusing it.) Also have a grinding type noise with the lens cover. BenQ sent me a brand new machine, with unopened batteries, remote package, box fully sealed with my HT3050. You don't pay $2000 to get someone else's returned crap.

Did they tell you they would cross ship for only $1099 down on your credit card?? The turn around process took around 20-22 days without cross shipping.

Oh and the tear looking scratches on the lens I had on the first one were also on this one. HT3050 was setup, nothing wrong with screen. After my injuries last year, I have to wait till next year to get this turd out of here. Can't come fast enough!
The funny thing is, and this is actually what made me really angry was after talking to them for about an hour, the tech came back and said good news corporate has approved a one time new projector for replacement but we don't have one and doesn't seem like we are ever going to get one so we can only give you a refurbished one. Lol, I was like ok why did your corporate only approve a new projector, you should have started with good news corporate is going to send you a Ferrari except we don't sell one and don't plan on selling one. They gave no other options. I remember a while back my Samsung TV messed up and when i called Samsung they sent me a newer model of that TV (mine was discontinued) with a prepaid shipping box to send the old one back. Epson didn't even try to troubleshoot the problem. First time i called, they said to call again to talk to the advance tech support team (they were closed when i called). Second time i called and asked to talk to the advance team, tech just said the advance team has sent you instruction on how to fix it (call again if the instructions don't work). Third time i called, the tech talked to the advance team and said the projector may be bad and they well send me a refurb projector for my new one. Never did I get to talk to this advance team directly. They mentioned a credit card hold, did not mention how much, because I was already telling them that there is no way i am sending my new projector for a used one. I am not against refurbished items (had both good and bad luck with them), but when i was purchasing this projector, Epson on their website had refurbished ones for 1099. I decided to pay extra to get a new one and at least for now would never accept a refurb.
DRaven72 likes this.
mquazilbash is offline  
post #612 of 624 Old 02-16-2019, 11:54 AM
MJ1
Senior Member
 
MJ1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Posts: 234
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 123 Post(s)
Liked: 33
That's why I bought mine from costco with 90 days return policy. You should call them back. Tell them you dont want replacement shipped to you, you just want this projector fixed. If they dont have 4000 anymore, they should offer you 4010 which is very identical. I havent heard good things about epson service so this is no surprise to me. Many forum members are raving about Benq customer service. I'm sure they would have sent you a brand new one. If I were you I would call them back and demand to speak to their manager. You paid so much money, not to live with faulty units.
DRaven72 likes this.
MJ1 is offline  
post #613 of 624 Old 02-18-2019, 02:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ1 View Post
That's why I bought mine from costco with 90 days return policy. You should call them back. Tell them you dont want replacement shipped to you, you just want this projector fixed. If they dont have 4000 anymore, they should offer you 4010 which is very identical. I havent heard good things about epson service so this is no surprise to me. Many forum members are raving about Benq customer service. I'm sure they would have sent you a brand new one. If I were you I would call them back and demand to speak to their manager. You paid so much money, not to live with faulty units.
Yeah unfortunately best buy was out of stock when i was looking at the projector. The choice was between Optoma UHD60 or Epson 4000. Went with the Epson mainly because of the auto lens shift Oh well lesson learned. I had a friend I recommended the Epson to and stopped him from getting the 4050ub because of this. He is now researching the Optoma. I will mention benq to him. Thanks
mquazilbash is offline  
post #614 of 624 Old 02-18-2019, 02:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ladeback's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 2,431
Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1320 Post(s)
Liked: 469
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mquazilbash View Post
Yeah unfortunately best buy was out of stock when i was looking at the projector. The choice was between Optoma UHD60 or Epson 4000. Went with the Epson mainly because of the auto lens shift Oh well lesson learned. I had a friend I recommended the Epson to and stopped him from getting the 4050ub because of this. He is now researching the Optoma. I will mention benq to him. Thanks
Best Buy doesn't sell the 4050, they sell the 4010. The 4050 is the pro version of the 4010 that comes with some extras and is mostly sold by AV stores, not big box stores. If you go with Optoma, BenQ or Sony you will need a anamorphic lens for your projector to zoom out to a large 2.35:1 or 2.49:1 screen. Other Projector to go with that has lens memory is JVC.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Ladeback is offline  
post #615 of 624 Old 02-19-2019, 04:36 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2018
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
Best Buy doesn't sell the 4050, they sell the 4010. The 4050 is the pro version of the 4010 that comes with some extras and is mostly sold by AV stores, not big box stores. If you go with Optoma, BenQ or Sony you will need a anamorphic lens for your projector to zoom out to a large 2.35:1 or 2.49:1 screen. Other Projector to go with that has lens memory is JVC.
sorry, i meant 5040ub (that is what my friend was going to get). He doesn't care so much about the lens shift - to him its just a cool feature. He cared more about the picture quality and i recommended the 5040 to him when i was getting the 4000. I have warned him about epson customer service and he just ordered the Optoma UHD60.
mquazilbash is offline  
post #616 of 624 Old 02-20-2019, 01:52 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 70
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It's a bummer when you have a imperfection in picture quality and have to take a gamble with a warranty unit,you could get something back with more issues than was sent off lol
Dirt9 is offline  
post #617 of 624 Old 03-19-2019, 05:06 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
audvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 2,152
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Seeking V13H010L89, the lamp with housing for my epson 4000.

I see several options on amazon, in the $110 range, many claiming that the bulb inside is the philips oem bulb.

Suggestions please?

I use my projector in high power mode. It has 1800 hours. How many hours does a lamp last in high power mode?
Thanks
audvid is offline  
post #618 of 624 Old 03-19-2019, 10:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,274
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by audvid View Post
Seeking V13H010L89, the lamp with housing for my epson 4000.

I see several options on amazon, in the $110 range, many claiming that the bulb inside is the philips oem bulb.

Suggestions please?

I use my projector in high power mode. It has 1800 hours. How many hours does a lamp last in high power mode?
Thanks
Real deal lamp, not clone. $218.

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...9_elplp89.html

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #619 of 624 Old 03-22-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Terence's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Atlanta, Ga
Posts: 1,252
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by audvid View Post
Seeking V13H010L89, the lamp with housing for my epson 4000.

I see several options on amazon, in the $110 range, many claiming that the bulb inside is the philips oem bulb.

Suggestions please?

I use my projector in high power mode. It has 1800 hours. How many hours does a lamp last in high power mode?
Thanks
Here is the lamp life breakdown..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0104A7DB-CD24-4518-8343-43A0CC13711D.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	2542772  
audvid likes this.

Tee

"Enjoy Movies & Music"

My Home Theater
Terence is offline  
post #620 of 624 Old 06-13-2019, 11:49 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
audvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 2,152
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Real deal lamp, not clone. $218.

B&H Photo Video Pro Audio.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...9_elplp89.html
I have about 2500 hours on my lamp. Getting ready to buy one. It is $299 now at bhphotovideo. Are there any aftermarket, which have the original bulb?
audvid is offline  
post #621 of 624 Old 06-14-2019, 06:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,274
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by audvid View Post
I have about 2500 hours on my lamp. Getting ready to buy one. It is $299 now at bhphotovideo. Are there any aftermarket, which have the original bulb?
Yeah, that's unfortunate. Perhaps it's because the lamp is in short supply, hard to say. Some sites selling the lamp list it as back-ordered or very few in stock.

Projector People has the lamp for $250 - there are 6 left in stock.

https://www.projectorpeople.com/Epso...ccessory/39495

Aftermarket is something I'm leery of and can't recommend but I know there are several companies that make lamp replacements. Pureland Supply is one such company.

https://www.purelandsupply.com/epson...nema-4000.html

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #622 of 624 Old 06-14-2019, 07:08 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold
 
audvid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2001
Location: WI
Posts: 2,152
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 543 Post(s)
Liked: 161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.G View Post
Yeah, that's unfortunate. Perhaps it's because the lamp is in short supply, hard to say. Some sites selling the lamp list it as back-ordered or very few in stock.

Projector People has the lamp for $250 - there are 6 left in stock.

https://www.projectorpeople.com/Epso...ccessory/39495

Aftermarket is something I'm leery of and can't recommend but I know there are several companies that make lamp replacements. Pureland Supply is one such company.

https://www.purelandsupply.com/epson...nema-4000.html
Thank you.
audvid is offline  
post #623 of 624 Old 06-14-2019, 09:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,274
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
Quote:
Originally Posted by audvid View Post
Thank you.
It's strange that there is a short supply of the genuine Epson lamp (V13H010L89), the exact same lamp is used in the new Epson 5050UB model. And of course it's also used in the popular 5040UB. The $299 price is list MSRP.

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
post #624 of 624 Old 06-21-2019, 10:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.G's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Sconi
Posts: 6,274
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1263 Post(s)
Liked: 1348
In response to a post in the Epson 5050 thread I decided to try a different pair of 3D glasses - the Quantum 3D N11 model - with my Epson HC4000. This model has been around since 2013. Active shutter glasses with both Bluetooth (RF) and Infrared (IR).

I ordered a $20 pair from Amazon Prime and they arrived double-boxed from the distributor in Michigan in 2 days. The glasses are advertised as 'universal' meaning they can work with many types of devices including HDTV's and projectors. Along with the glasses you get a charging cable, cloth bag, 3 different nose bridges, instructions and cleaning cloth. The lens are protected both front and both with plastic overlays that have to be removed.

The N11 model is a different design from my ValueView (VV) 3D glasses, heavier with a thicker frame. The N11 weighed in 1.55 ounces, my VV glasses were 1.10 ounces.

The glasses paired with HC4000 with no problem. To compare the two sets of glasses I used the 3D Blu-rays of Pacific Rim and Toy Story 2. I was disappointed to see 'ghosting' with the Quantum N11 on both movies. My VV glasses were flawless.

So while the Quantum 3D glasses may work better with other devices, the 'ghosting' makes them unacceptable with the Epson HC4000.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190620_194901753.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	624.3 KB
ID:	2582772   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190620_193801029.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	672.9 KB
ID:	2582774   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190620_193959677.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	664.3 KB
ID:	2582776   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190620_194237586.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	623.8 KB
ID:	2582778  

All I Really Need to Know I Learned in Kindergarten Movies
Mr.G is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , hdr , home cinema 4000 , motorized lens , wcg

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off