Xiaomi Ultra Short throw laser projector - ~$1,500 USD??? - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 57Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #241 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 09:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Does anyone know if it is posible to turn on the projector over HDMI? It is possible to turn on my soundbar when turning on the PJ, but since the remote of the PJ is bluetooth I'm not able to turn it on with my Logitech Harmony remote. And having the Xiaomi remote on the table only for on and off is quite annoying.

I know, first world problems...
4ever2fast4u is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #242 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 10:32 AM
Newbie
 
rigidz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4ever2fast4u View Post
Does anyone know if it is posible to turn on the projector over HDMI? It is possible to turn on my soundbar when turning on the PJ, but since the remote of the PJ is bluetooth I'm not able to turn it on with my Logitech Harmony remote. And having the Xiaomi remote on the table only for on and off is quite annoying.

I know, first world problems...
click on = ( 3 parallel bars) while you are on any HDMI, then turn on CEC to ON
Troy LaMont likes this.
rigidz is offline  
post #243 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 11:05 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by rigidz View Post
click on = ( 3 parallel bars) while you are on any HDMI, then turn on CEC to ON
Thanks for your reply! That menu was new to me and I tried switching CEC to on. The PJ still won't turn on when I'm turning on my soundbar. The other way around works just fine, but unfortunately that brings me nothing.
4ever2fast4u is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #244 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 11:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
adpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Camp Lake,WI
Posts: 1,851
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs66 View Post
Hi guys,

For those of you who have the projector already. I have a few questions since I am wanted to acquire it as well. Do you have to use a voltage converter for it when in the US? And also if the fan is noisy or not?
I asked for a 110 plug adapter which they included no charge.
adpayne is offline  
post #245 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 11:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
adpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Camp Lake,WI
Posts: 1,851
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamstate View Post
I'm slightly disappointed that the contrast on this little beast is only 3000:1. 15 years ago when I was here and everyone was eagerly awaiting laser projectors that were supposed to arrive within a few years 3000:1 was what I got with my first DLP BenQ projector. We all thought contrast would be astronomical on laser projectors. What happened? Why are the numbers so low at this late date?
That is native contrast, which is quite good, not dynamic. It looks very good in the dark. I have a CLR screen on order which is supposed to enhance the contrast substantially. The videos on Youtube of Ambient Light Rejecting screens are pretty amazing.
adpayne is offline  
post #246 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 12:20 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
That is native contrast, which is quite good, not dynamic. It looks very good in the dark. I have a CLR screen on order which is supposed to enhance the contrast substantially. The videos on Youtube of Ambient Light Rejecting screens are pretty amazing.
Which CLR screen did you order? What size? What price did you get it for?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
J Bone is online now  
post #247 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 02:12 PM
Newbie
 
netnerd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
Do you get any issue with sparkles?
I think if I used paint I would probably have to do it on a MDF board or similar to get it flat and even enough. UST projectors seem to highlight unevenness a lot more than long throw.
No issue with sparkles and I did used the thin mdf board.
netnerd is offline  
post #248 of 549 Old 01-27-2018, 02:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by adpayne View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs66 View Post
Hi guys,

For those of you who have the projector already. I have a few questions since I am wanted to acquire it as well. Do you have to use a voltage converter for it when in the US? And also if the fan is noisy or not?
I asked for a 110 plug adapter which they included no charge.
May I ask where did you acquire your unit? I'm on the lookout for one. Its either eBay or I can order from xiaomi directly and have it shipped from Asia to me. But I dont think its any savings since it seems to cost almost as much to ship to US.
dvs66 is offline  
post #249 of 549 Old 01-29-2018, 06:51 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
adpayne's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Camp Lake,WI
Posts: 1,851
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by dvs66 View Post
May I ask where did you acquire your unit? I'm on the lookout for one. Its either eBay or I can order from xiaomi directly and have it shipped from Asia to me. But I dont think its any savings since it seems to cost almost as much to ship to US.
********

Apparently we aren't allowed to share that info. Just watch one of the Youtube review videos, and it will be listed there.
There's only one place to order besides Ebay.
adpayne is offline  
post #250 of 549 Old 01-29-2018, 01:23 PM
Member
 
inquisito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
Was actually considering the same but the Aeon screen costs about twice as much in Europe as in the US so I am talking to some Chinese manufacturers (XY Screen and Snowhite) as they are cheaper.
Getting my projector today! [IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.avsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Im interested to know what you found out from XY Screens and Snowhite.

Model numbers for UST screens, availability, pricing, etc.

Thanks.[IMG class=inlineimg]https://www.avsforum.com/forum/images/smilies/biggrin.gif[/IMG]
XY screen had 120 grid pet for around 550+ Freight . Found this to be too sparkling and not rejecting all that well. Their pet crystal was 1250 + freight. This was a much better screen but snowhite 120 I felt was slightly better and also cheaper at around 780 plus freight. You can check them out on A l i baba and they are fairly fast at answering questions. If based in US snowhite also has screens on A m a zon
Troy LaMont likes this.
inquisito is offline  
post #251 of 549 Old 01-29-2018, 06:14 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
XY screen had 120 grid pet for around 550+ Freight . Found this to be too sparkling and not rejecting all that well. Their pet crystal was 1250 + freight. This was a much better screen but snowhite 120 I felt was slightly better and also cheaper at around 780 plus freight. You can check them out on A l i baba and they are fairly fast at answering questions. If based in US snowhite also has screens on A m a zon
@inquisito

So it sounds like you have tested multiple UST screens. Any pictures you can share to show the comparison results you are stating?
J Bone is online now  
post #252 of 549 Old 01-30-2018, 10:27 PM
Newbie
 
radforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Update on my end after couple of week owning this:

- I can play 4k HDR movies without any issue. I'm using xbox one s as blueray 4k player. Just need to enable the HDMI 2.0 in projector and update 4k display setting in xbox.
- Stream Netflix 4k + HDR works too (still using my xbox)
- I can play 3D movies using built in player. No luck on playing 3D movies using Kodi.

This my first projector so I can't compare performance and give good review. But overall i can say I'm satisified with my purchase! this will be used on my basement so i'll continue reading recommendation for screen. Currently, using Ikea blind as temp screen
radforce is offline  
post #253 of 549 Old 01-30-2018, 10:46 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radforce View Post
Update on my end after couple of week owning this:

- I can play 4k HDR movies without any issue. I'm using xbox one s as blueray 4k player. Just need to enable the HDMI 2.0 in projector and update 4k display setting in xbox.
- Stream Netflix 4k + HDR works too (still using my xbox)
- I can play 3D movies using built in player. No luck on playing 3D movies using Kodi.

This my first projector so I can't compare performance and give good review. But overall i can say I'm satisified with my purchase! this will be used on my basement so i'll continue reading recommendation for screen. Currently, using Ikea blind as temp screen
does it tick all the boxes on your xbox one s 4k details?
enjoy your purchase man!
bremorin is offline  
post #254 of 549 Old 01-30-2018, 10:48 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
i meant similar to this image:

rocklee likes this.
bremorin is offline  
post #255 of 549 Old 01-30-2018, 11:42 PM
Newbie
 
radforce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by bremorin View Post
i meant similar to this image:
Update: I saw the image now it was blocked earlier in my office network.


Yes, all the check under TV resolution, Watching movies & TV and Playing Games are all in GREEN(Checked).

Last edited by radforce; 01-31-2018 at 12:21 AM.
radforce is offline  
post #256 of 549 Old 01-31-2018, 12:48 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by radforce View Post
Update: I saw the image now it was blocked earlier in my office network.


Yes, all the check under TV resolution, Watching movies & TV and Playing Games are all in GREEN(Checked).
that's awesome. thanks!
bremorin is offline  
post #257 of 549 Old 01-31-2018, 07:45 PM
Newbie
 
vila2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
So does that confirm this will play 24p correctly then?
vila2k is offline  
post #258 of 549 Old 02-01-2018, 01:23 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Is anyone else having trouble connecting soundbar through hdmi arc? I'm using a Panasonic sc-htb485. I've enabled arc pmc in the sound settings on the projector but no sound coming out
Yoshifriend is offline  
post #259 of 549 Old 02-01-2018, 03:35 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hipp View Post
Ok, just got mine last week....I've been planning to put together a solid review, but I'm very happy with my purchase.

As for power...oddly enough it accepts 110V just fine. I found a series of teardown pictures and saw that the power board takes 110V. I just used a simple plug adapter and it worked. I also bought a replacement cord (laptop cable style) from online and it works fine. Since it is so portable, I can just unplug everything, move it and plug it in the new place without having to dig through my old setup for the cord.

The only problems I've had with the system is ARC quirkiness, DTS sound issues and random issues with HDR from my AppleTV. I wish the Android part was snappier (processor wise) but it gets the job done. I have it projected across the wall from a picture window with plenty of sun and I'm satisfied with the image. I don't watch movies during the day, but mostly watch sports which is still great even in full light. I wish there was a quicker way to switch sources too. I just went ahead and bought a separate HDMI switcher.

Also, shipping was good. Ordered on the 10th of Dec and arrived the 26th, which isn't bad considering.

I also got a pair of active 3D glasses for free and have been surprisingly satisfied with them, given the fact that I wasn't a 3D fan a few years ago when it was all the rage.
hey how did you get the hdmi arc to work? trying to connect my panasonic soundbar ive put it on arc setting in sound settings on the projector and soundbar. using same cables i used on my old tv with no issue. so im missing something in the projector settings. thanks
Yoshifriend is offline  
post #260 of 549 Old 02-02-2018, 10:40 AM
Member
 
d60pdp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Towson, MD
Posts: 164
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I've bought one from GB. It works with US voltage. Installed the .apk from GB but still don't know how to enable English menu, any help is appreciated.

TIA.

d60pdp is offline  
post #261 of 549 Old 02-03-2018, 05:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2018
Posts: 8
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by d60pdp View Post
I've bought one from GB. It works with US voltage. Installed the .apk from GB but still don't know how to enable English menu, any help is appreciated.

TIA.
YouTube xiaomi laser projector English. There is a video showing you how
Yoshifriend is offline  
post #262 of 549 Old 02-04-2018, 02:43 AM
Newbie
 
vila2k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by vila2k View Post
So does that confirm this will play 24p correctly then?
...Yes, No... Maybe.... anyone?
vila2k is offline  
post #263 of 549 Old 02-05-2018, 12:34 AM
Member
 
inquisito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
XY screen had 120 grid pet for around 550+ Freight . Found this to be too sparkling and not rejecting all that well. Their pet crystal was 1250 + freight. This was a much better screen but snowhite 120 I felt was slightly better and also cheaper at around 780 plus freight. You can check them out on A l i baba and they are fairly fast at answering questions. If based in US snowhite also has screens on A m a zon
@inquisito

So it sounds like you have tested multiple UST screens. Any pictures you can share to show the comparison results you are stating?
Hi, I have one comparison Pic here where left square is Grid, Center Snowhite, top right Pet Crystal, bottom right New Grid. Found out later that they had marked direction on Pet crystal wrong so not the best demo for that though.

Also attached images of my newly arrived Snowhite screen. Got to say I could not be happier! It has fixed on the the biggest issues I had with the Xiaomi and that was lack of contrast. The image really pops now, brings out excellent blacks and is perfectly watchable with downlights on. Looks like a giant flat-screen tv ?

Had a friend over who has Jvc X900 and DNP Supernova and he said it was very close to his setup at a fraction of the cost (but higher light output).
inquisito is offline  
post #264 of 549 Old 02-05-2018, 12:38 AM
Member
 
inquisito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Bone View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
XY screen had 120 grid pet for around 550+ Freight . Found this to be too sparkling and not rejecting all that well. Their pet crystal was 1250 + freight. This was a much better screen but snowhite 120 I felt was slightly better and also cheaper at around 780 plus freight. You can check them out on A l i baba and they are fairly fast at answering questions. If based in US snowhite also has screens on A m a zon
@inquisito

So it sounds like you have tested multiple UST screens. Any pictures you can share to show the comparison results you are stating?
Hi, I have one comparison Pic here where left square is Grid, Center Snowhite, top right Pet Crystal, bottom right New Grid. Found out later that they had marked direction on Pet crystal wrong so not the best demo for that though.

Also attached images of my newly arrived Snowhite screen. Got to say I could not be happier! It has fixed on the the biggest issues I had with the Xiaomi and that was lack of contrast. The image really pops now, brings out excellent blacks and is perfectly watchable with downlights on. Looks like a giant flat-screen tv ?

Had a friend over who has Jvc X900 and DNP Supernova and he said it was very close to his setup at a fraction of the cost (but higher light output).
Pics did not post first time..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A86818B1-98CD-419B-9C6E-F9628EA67094_1517819729576.jpg
Views:	846
Size:	51.9 KB
ID:	2356402   Click image for larger version

Name:	1D6831F1-5467-4E79-813C-0C69AF39F9F4_1517819752431.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	68.5 KB
ID:	2356404   Click image for larger version

Name:	7EB1207E-7A37-4B6D-A9A0-771483437D84_1517819771067.jpg
Views:	814
Size:	45.4 KB
ID:	2356406   Click image for larger version

Name:	0FF4E1C1-6AEB-49C4-B00A-D7347B6AB92F_1517819789444.jpg
Views:	844
Size:	77.2 KB
ID:	2356408   Click image for larger version

Name:	E6980A7B-A198-46EC-BEF8-0F85C5006FE4_1517819801702.jpg
Views:	791
Size:	83.8 KB
ID:	2356410  

Click image for larger version

Name:	6DAD8AC4-4B6D-466B-A4A7-1E51EE6E1412_1517819823147.jpg
Views:	777
Size:	90.7 KB
ID:	2356412   Click image for larger version

Name:	BCDE8280-E98B-4C7D-B096-B97B83F31A71_1517819852904.jpg
Views:	783
Size:	69.5 KB
ID:	2356414  
inquisito is offline  
post #265 of 549 Old 02-05-2018, 01:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
Pics did not post first time..
they look amazing man!
bremorin is offline  
post #266 of 549 Old 02-05-2018, 06:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
pottscb's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 1,722
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 315 Post(s)
Liked: 127
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
Pics did not post first time..
Sorry, so which screen material did you end up using for the pics of the large dark screen...you said something about snow matte but I wouldn't think it would be so dark...the ambient light rejecting XY screens I looked at all say Black Diamond...is the screen surface flat fabric and not lenticular like the SI Black Diamond 1.3?

So, I know lumens comparisons between UHP, LED and laser are all apples to oranges...but, could someone who owns this pj and other well known pj (JVC, Epson, BenQ, Optoma, etc.) comment on the relative brightness of this pj to one of those in both video optimized as well as torch mode (for fighting daylights). I was leaning towards a Viewsonic PX800HD UST pj (at half the price) as a holdover pj until laser pjs got bright enough and cheap enough...this appears to be that but I'm not really comfortable buying from a little known brand for both pj and screen.
pottscb is offline  
post #267 of 549 Old 02-05-2018, 12:14 PM
Member
 
inquisito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by pottscb View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
Pics did not post first time..
Sorry, so which screen material did you end up using for the pics of the large dark screen...you said something about snow matte but I wouldn't think it would be so dark...the ambient light rejecting XY screens I looked at all say Black Diamond...is the screen surface flat fabric and not lenticular like the SI Black Diamond 1.3?

So, I know lumens comparisons between UHP, LED and laser are all apples to oranges...but, could someone who owns this pj and other well known pj (JVC, Epson, BenQ, Optoma, etc.) comment on the relative brightness of this pj to one of those in both video optimized as well as torch mode (for fighting daylights). I was leaning towards a Viewsonic PX800HD UST pj (at half the price) as a holdover pj until laser pjs got bright enough and cheap enough...this appears to be that but I'm not really comfortable buying from a little known brand for both pj and screen.
I ended up buying the Snowhite ALR (the large screen). The sample of that was the center one.
The screen supposedly has a gain of 0.42 but does not seem that dark to me. The fabric is lenticular pvc. Due to the angle of projection of UST it works very well to block ceiling light. I have tested black diamond before on my epson but it suffered from annoying sparkling and the DNP Supernova was way better.

I cannot really answer your brightness question other than that I had a epson (tw4400) before which was far less bright. Laser does not dim over time the same way but not sure how it compares to led.
Xiaomi is one of the world's largest smartphone manufacturers so the brand is fairly known but they have not ventured that much outside China yet on other electronics.
I understand your doubts and it is a gamble but sometimes it pays off and personally I am very happy with my combination of screen and projector. The screen is perhaps the biggest find of the two.
inquisito is offline  
post #268 of 549 Old 02-06-2018, 05:22 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
I ended up buying the Snowhite ALR (the large screen). The sample of that was the center one.
The screen supposedly has a gain of 0.42 but does not seem that dark to me. The fabric is lenticular pvc. Due to the angle of projection of UST it works very well to block ceiling light. I have tested black diamond before on my epson but it suffered from annoying sparkling and the DNP Supernova was way better.

I cannot really answer your brightness question other than that I had a epson (tw4400) before which was far less bright. Laser does not dim over time the same way but not sure how it compares to led.
Xiaomi is one of the world's largest smartphone manufacturers so the brand is fairly known but they have not ventured that much outside China yet on other electronics.
I understand your doubts and it is a gamble but sometimes it pays off and personally I am very happy with my combination of screen and projector. The screen is perhaps the biggest find of the two.
hey inquisito, which Snowhite ALR did you buy? thanks
sama is offline  
post #269 of 549 Old 02-06-2018, 09:49 PM
Member
 
inquisito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by sama View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
I ended up buying the Snowhite ALR (the large screen). The sample of that was the center one.
The screen supposedly has a gain of 0.42 but does not seem that dark to me. The fabric is lenticular pvc. Due to the angle of projection of UST it works very well to block ceiling light. I have tested black diamond before on my epson but it suffered from annoying sparkling and the DNP Supernova was way better.

I cannot really answer your brightness question other than that I had a epson (tw4400) before which was far less bright. Laser does not dim over time the same way but not sure how it compares to led.
Xiaomi is one of the world's largest smartphone manufacturers so the brand is fairly known but they have not ventured that much outside China yet on other electronics.
I understand your doubts and it is a gamble but sometimes it pays off and personally I am very happy with my combination of screen and projector. The screen is perhaps the biggest find of the two.
hey inquisito, which Snowhite ALR did you buy? thanks
h t t ps ://alib aba .co m/product/60563865832/SNOWHITE-120-16-9-Format-SM120LFH.html?spm=a2706.7843299.1998817009.12.udzf zl
inquisito is offline  
post #270 of 549 Old 02-06-2018, 11:06 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by inquisito View Post
h t t ps ://alib aba .co m/product/60563865832/SNOWHITE-120-16-9-Format-SM120LFH.html?spm=a2706.7843299.1998817009.12.udzf zl
Thanks a lot!!!
sama is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off