LG PF1500 Hidden Service Menus - Hack time? - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes

post #31 of 38 Old 10-31-2017, 11:38 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyun View Post
This is totally my hypothesis, but given that the hardware is identical across the regions, you may be able to get 3D feature by changing country code (US) to other country (i.e. Korea) where 3D support is enabled. This is how people in Korea get their TV cheap from US and make its tuner to work with Korean channels. It is usually done by changing the code (i.e. 22282 to 18077 for US to Korea in some LG models) in the service menu (EZ-ADJUST). Be careful though there are some horror stories heard that their TV got bricked after following this method. One tip often shared is you should make sure language setting changed to Korean first before touching country code, otherwise you may stuck in infinite boot. IT'S ALL AT YOUR OWN RISK
You have this projector, you have changed the region code? The projector 1500 Netcat the firmware and I could not make changes in the service menu. But in 80 LG models firmware Webos 3 and you can change the region, I was able to set up digital cable DVB-C. If you understand, then tell me how to aktivirovat in the service menu section change the region?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 38 Old 11-01-2017, 08:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by esegan View Post
You have this projector, you have changed the region code? The projector 1500 Netcat the firmware and I could not make changes in the service menu. But in 80 LG models firmware Webos 3 and you can change the region, I was able to set up digital cable DVB-C. If you understand, then tell me how to aktivirovat in the service menu section change the region?
My projector is PF1500W and its corresponding Korean model HF60FA has no 3D support either. So there’d be no point changing country code for getting 3D support in these models.
post #33 of 38 Old 11-01-2017, 11:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomyun View Post
My projector is PF1500W and its corresponding Korean model HF60FA has no 3D support either. So there’d be no point changing country code for getting 3D support in these models.
Change region even in 1500 are unlikely to affect the activation of 3D, you will be able it is possible to switch to your language and (partially) change the settings of the TV tuner. Some firmware need to change the code 2 times, the first region code and the second code (0-512) changes modes
tuner, and so on. For 3D I can assume that you want to change the control of the numeric values of certain mode settings in the service menu, unless of course they are available for mutations both. At least the desired values of the European version of Largo and trying to aktivirovat. Is the Korean version of the 1500 is 3D?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 38 Old 11-02-2017, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Change region even in 1500 are unlikely to affect the activation of 3D, you will be able it is possible to switch to your language and (partially) change the settings of the TV tuner. Some firmware need to change the code 2 times, the first region code and the second code (0-512) changes modes
tuner, and so on. For 3D I can assume that you want to change the control of the numeric values of certain mode settings in the service menu, unless of course they are available for mutations both. At least the desired values of the European version of Largo and trying to aktivirovat. Is the Korean version of the 1500 is 3D?
Yes, Korean version of PF1500 has 3D support. It became a reason many people hold off their interest in recent models like HF60FA (PF1500W), HF65FA (PF1000UW) and HF80JA where LG removed 3D support entirely.
post #35 of 38 Old 06-10-2018, 09:30 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi,
Do you happen to know how to access the Service menu for the EU LG PF1000u? (or even the USA one, as that might be the same).

I have looked at your PF1500 instructions, and that doesnt seem to work for the PF1000u.

Thanks!
post #36 of 38 Old 02-22-2020, 04:30 PM

Did you find a solution? I have exactly the same problem. I can figure out good values, but the are not written, .ie. lost after reboot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hasenbein View Post
I have a problem in the service menu. It would be great if someone had a tip.

I have reduced the fan speed via the service menu so that the projector runs much quieter. (Of course the temperatures are a bit higher, but the projector never feels really hot or so.)
Menu: "IN START" -> Fan Table -> Fan 1 Duty / Fan 2 Duty.

When I start the projector, the fans first run full speed, then after a few seconds go to a lower speed (the factory preset speed for the respective Eco level), and then after a while finally go to "my" lowered speed.

Now I wanted to make the projector go immediately after the short "full speed" phase to the real low RPM. So I thought the right thing would be to alter - in the above menu - the "Fan 1/2 Duty Init." values.
Unfortunately, while I can edit the values, they don't stick!
When I leave the service menu and return to it, they're reset to the factory values!

Any ideas??

Thanks in advance,
Hasenbein
post #37 of 38 Old 06-29-2020, 08:03 AM

Hello my friend, I'm having trouble accessing the service menu on my PF1500W, has anyone been able to access it? I tried the above method, but the keys do not appear (instart and ez-adjust)
post #38 of 38 Old 07-09-2020, 11:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 30 Post(s)
Quoted: 1768 Post(s)
Liked: 421
Quote:
I was really hoping that they will do some improvement with the projector, such as deeper black and 3D. But 3 months have passed, but all remained in theory, very sorry.

ps. I already wrote that did wireless motorized focus, although in principle pretty well through the home page of YouTube you to adjust the sharpness in the center with the assessment of sharpness at the edges.
So I decided to check so the deviation distance of the edges, took a white sheet attached to the Paradise of the screen and began to move the sheet. And then I was puzzled after seeing what that grid on the sheet and immediately realize that it's pixels. They are very small 1-1.5 mm and fine tuning the focus pixels have a dramatic. Hence I concluded that for fine tuning better focusing on the pixels and hence no wonder I hooked up a wireless motorized focus, maybe at a distance they are not set.
The photo was not very sharp, maybe, in one hand holding the sheet, and in another camera and in the dark shutter is not fast, and I do not have the stability of a tripod, but to see the ribs.
I can assume if I used a LG DLP matrix larger than 0.47, the brightness would be even greater.
Esegan,

In the image 5061 there are grey pixels both above and below the letters. I have that on all my dip projectors. Can you tell me what causes that and is there a way to eliminate it?

Jack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
3d mode , hack , PF1500 , service menu

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page