Epson Home Cinema LS100 UST HD Laser Projector at CEDIA 2017 - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 54Likes

post #121 of 233 Old 11-13-2017, 02:04 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 30
The main question is how do this compare with the 3100/3700..(black level, color, lag input, etc...)

Yes, it's a UST projector, just curious on where they (Epson) are going with this...

One again, Yes, it's UST projector, but just curious about nighttime performance, as that it my primary usage...not to interested in daytime use, just wanting to know how this thing performs at night in a best cinema most , with a standard screen

I'm not looking for magical/ambient light rejecting properties during the day time, just a projector replacement candidate.

It looks like an Amazon tryout/replacement/refund would be an option, I just hate buying and returning things for the sakek og doing it.

Last edited by cbaseuser; 11-13-2017 at 02:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 233 Old 11-13-2017, 01:07 PM
Aja

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaseuser View Post
The main question is how do this compare with the 3100/3700..(black level, color, lag input, etc...)

Yes, it's a UST projector, just curious on where they (Epson) are going with this...

One again, Yes, it's UST projector, but just curious about nighttime performance, as that it my primary usage...not to interested in daytime use, just wanting to know how this thing performs at night in a best cinema most , with a standard screen

I'm not looking for magical/ambient light rejecting properties during the day time, just a projector replacement candidate.

It looks like an Amazon tryout/replacement/refund would be an option, I just hate buying and returning things for the sakek og doing it.
Magnolia (Best Buy) is supposed to sell these but the one near me is still waiting to receive them. Possibly you could view one of these. Unfortunately I do not have a frame of reference to share with you regarding how it compares to other projectors.
post #123 of 233 Old 11-13-2017, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aja View Post
Magnolia (Best Buy) is supposed to sell these but the one near me is still waiting to receive them. Possibly you could view one of these. Unfortunately I do not have a frame of reference to share with you regarding how it compares to other projectors.

True..I've gotten so lazy with amazon coming to my door with things lol.

I should wait and go in to see what's happening with these projectors. It's not like the 'lamp' is going to be dimmed from too much usage. Hopefully I can get a decent frame of reference there.

thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 233 Old 11-14-2017, 09:51 PM
fas

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Has anyone been able to compare Viewsonic ls820 to the new epson ls100? I want to order in the next week but torn between the two based on reviews. Will also get the bcp120 screen.
post #125 of 233 Old 11-22-2017, 01:45 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by javanpohl View Post
i feel like every piece of projector news i read these days is a few moments of elation followed by profound disappointment.
So true. LOL
post #126 of 233 Old 11-22-2017, 04:32 PM

User Reviews?

Guess I'm surprised there are so few User Reviews of this LS100 model since its release. I was very looking forward to a UST that could replace my 65 inch Panasonic VT plasma. If it really can hold up to moderate ambient light and keep a crisp picture, I would pull the trigger to get 100 inch screen. I only get 720p with my Panasonic VT version. Although it was rated as one of the best TV's post-pioneer's plasma, I got mine before the Panasonic 1080p VT versions were released. I've been holding off an upgrade until larger (75+) LCD/LED/OLED becomes affordable or UST projector can fit the bill. Waiting to see additional customer feedback to see if its worth the plunge.

Anyone out there that can weigh in, or updates from current owners now that they've used it for a period of time?
post #127 of 233 Old 11-22-2017, 06:43 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by HammerDE View Post
Guess I'm surprised there are so few User Reviews of this LS100 model since its release. I was very looking forward to a UST that could replace my 65 inch Panasonic VT plasma. If it really can hold up to moderate ambient light and keep a crisp picture, I would pull the trigger to get 100 inch screen. I only get 720p with my Panasonic VT version. Although it was rated as one of the best TV's post-pioneer's plasma, I got mine before the Panasonic 1080p VT versions were released. I've been holding off an upgrade until larger (75+) LCD/LED/OLED becomes affordable or UST projector can fit the bill. Waiting to see additional customer feedback to see if its worth the plunge.

Anyone out there that can weigh in, or updates from current owners now that they've used it for a period of time?

I wish I could tell you I’ve put a few dozen hours on mine but the truth is I haven’t told my wife I bought it so it’s still sitting in the basement. I had it up for a couple of hours and it was spectacular. But take that for what it’s worth, I only have an Optoma gt1080 to compare to.

Stop Dfast DVI, and all that ****
post #128 of 233 Old 11-22-2017, 08:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaholibop View Post
I wish I could tell you I’ve put a few dozen hours on mine but the truth is I haven’t told my wife I bought it so it’s still sitting in the basement. I had it up for a couple of hours and it was spectacular. But take that for what it’s worth, I only have an Optoma gt1080 to compare to.
Can you elaborate that its spectacular if you seem to be keeping it "under cover"? Do you think its a tv replacement as its advertised?
post #129 of 233 Old 11-22-2017, 10:57 PM
fas

Quote:
Can you elaborate that its spectacular if you seem to be keeping it "under cover"? Do you think its a tv replacement as its advertised?
What kind of screen?
post #130 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 12:41 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by fas View Post
What kind of screen?

Spectacular playing XBox on a blue wall. I have a silver ticket 120” screen for it destined for the living room. I made my basement ridiculously bright and it still looked great. Obviously as the lighting went down the picture continued to get better. Definitely a TV replacement.

Stop Dfast DVI, and all that ****
post #131 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 04:43 AM

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 801 Post(s)
Liked: 465
Quote:
Same story here. Every time someone gets a bleeding edge new technology unit here they can never set it up and tell us what it looks like. It always has to sit somewhere and wait to be set up three or four weeks later before anyone gets a decent impression of what said unit can do.
post #132 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 06:58 AM
fas

Quote:
Spectacular playing XBox on a blue wall. I have a silver ticket 120” screen for it destined for the living room. I made my basement ridiculously bright and it still looked great. Obviously as the lighting went down the picture continued to get better. Definitely a TV replacement.
So this is without the recommended ALR screen. And it still looks bright? I'm willing to buy the Viewsonic BCP120 ALR screen, even though my room can be made totally dark. It's a bonus room over the garage, with no windows. Just finished the room and have six dimmable led can lights (paired on 3 switches). Room is 17x12, but the steps cut into the room on one end, so I'm effectively using about 13x12 to furnish. I'll be sitting 12 feet away (eyes about 11 feet away) from a full 8 ft. height wall. I have 2 knee walls, so its's difficult furnishing any other way.
Did you consider the Viewsonic LS820. Looks, size, throw distance, etc, similar to Epson LS100. I'm favoring the Viewsonic because of DLP, 3D, etc., but Epson has 3 hdmi inputs vs 1, and a few more lumens (4000 vs 3500) which I don't thing will make that much difference. I'm having a hard time finding anyone who can weigh in on the Viewsonic vs Epson. I've posted on numerous forums, including the Viewsonic LS820 thread on AVSFORUM and Projector Central's. Getting a lot of views, but no responses. My room is finished, I have it furnished, and have the speakers and AV equipment ready to install. I want this done before Christmas, but can't get first hand info or see these in action anywhere is Northeast Ohio or Western Pa.
One other thing, I've been looking for 2 months for a suitable TV stand. Even trying to figure a DIY with Ikea stuff. My wife wants something that will look nice. The LS100 is advertised with a perfect stand in their advertising, maybe from Asia??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. And please, ANYONE, weigh in on the Viewsonic vs Epson. I need to make a decision soon. Thanks in advance.
post #133 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 09:18 AM
Aja

Quote:
Originally Posted by LumensLover View Post
Same story here. Every time someone gets a bleeding edge new technology unit here they can never set it up and tell us what it looks like. It always has to sit somewhere and wait to be set up three or four weeks later before anyone gets a decent impression of what said unit can do.
I previously provided feedback in this thread shortly after purchasing an LS100. Hope this helps.

I was planning on using both my Panasonic plasma and LS100 for different types of viewing but I am using the LS100 full time. My plasma has a sharper image but the 125" diagonal image from the LS100 draws me so much more into what I am watching that the slightly less sharp image isn't a factor. This includes both day and night viewing.

I am using a Cinewhite screen from Elite Screens. It is designed for use with USTs, is stretched on an aluminum frame, and cost a few hundred dollars or so. Based on my experience purchasing one of the much more expensive UST screens is not necessary. However, others may conclude differently. It was a cost benefit decision for me.

The LS100 is installed in my living room, which has plenty of windows. My experience has been that it is capable of daytime viewing as long as the sun does not directly shine on the screen. It was so bright when I first started using it that I soon changed it to Cinema mode. An unexpected benefit is that the fan no longer runs (or is so quiet that I have not noticed it).

If possible I suggest viewing the image of the LS100 with lights on and window blinds open (and different settings) to verify if it meets your requirements. Some of articles I read from CEDIA said that the LS100 would be sold at Magnolia in Best Buy stores. My local Magnolia has not yet received the LS100 but expect to get them soon.
post #134 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 09:43 AM

Thanks Aja for the update. Based on what I've been able to read on reviews, youtube videos, etc., I'm proceeding with the Epson LS100. It was not an insignificant decision since I needed to buy a ust screen (Viewsonic BCP100), new front channel and matching center channel speakers to replace my floor standing speakers (Energy Veritas 6.3) and upgraded entertainment cabinet (to better conceal wiring and cables).

My floor standing speakers were too tall and would block part of the screen once I blew it out to 100inch. I didn't want to mount the screen too high to compensate. I decided on 3 KEF LS50's across the front to match the sound.
post #135 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 10:05 AM
Aja

Quote:
Originally Posted by fas View Post
So this is without the recommended ALR screen. And it still looks bright? I'm willing to buy the Viewsonic BCP120 ALR screen, even though my room can be made totally dark. It's a bonus room over the garage, with no windows. Just finished the room and have six dimmable led can lights (paired on 3 switches). Room is 17x12, but the steps cut into the room on one end, so I'm effectively using about 13x12 to furnish. I'll be sitting 12 feet away (eyes about 11 feet away) from a full 8 ft. height wall. I have 2 knee walls, so its's difficult furnishing any other way.
Did you consider the Viewsonic LS820. Looks, size, throw distance, etc, similar to Epson LS100. I'm favoring the Viewsonic because of DLP, 3D, etc., but Epson has 3 hdmi inputs vs 1, and a few more lumens (4000 vs 3500) which I don't thing will make that much difference. I'm having a hard time finding anyone who can weigh in on the Viewsonic vs Epson. I've posted on numerous forums, including the Viewsonic LS820 thread on AVSFORUM and Projector Central's. Getting a lot of views, but no responses. My room is finished, I have it furnished, and have the speakers and AV equipment ready to install. I want this done before Christmas, but can't get first hand info or see these in action anywhere is Northeast Ohio or Western Pa.
One other thing, I've been looking for 2 months for a suitable TV stand. Even trying to figure a DIY with Ikea stuff. My wife wants something that will look nice. The LS100 is advertised with a perfect stand in their advertising, maybe from Asia??? Any suggestions would be appreciated. And please, ANYONE, weigh in on the Viewsonic vs Epson. I need to make a decision soon. Thanks in advance.
The Epson LS100 is my first projector. I was not willing to purchase a DLP based projector so the Viewsonic was not an option, even though I have had good experience with Viewsonic monitors in the past. Note that many of others feel differently than me regarding DLP.

In one of the reviews I seem to remember that the LS100 actually was measured at 5,000 lumens, which is well above the advertised level. Also, I ended up having to back down the brightness of mine, which is installed in my living room, because it was too bright for my eyes.

I was planning on using both my Panasonic Plasma and the LS100, but have not used my plasma ever since I first turned on the Epson. I did not intend for it to replace my plasma TV, but it has. I am sure others may have different experiences, but that is what has happened to me.

Since you are located midway between Cleveland and Pittsburgh possibly you can find a vendor in either city with these set up for customer viewing.

I experienced a funny accident when installing the projector. When I set the projector on top of the box that it came in it was at the required elevation for my screen. When I moved the projector back the recommended distance from the screen, there was just enough room for my center speaker to fit between the projector and screen. The top of the center speaker just touches the bottom of the screen (it is also sitting atop a box that I had). The bottom of the center speaker is above the top of the projector, which is just able to project an image on the screen (it barely misses the speaker as it projects the image upward). There was a previous request in this thread for a picture of my setup but my cell phone has been broken. As soon as I either get it repaired or replaced I will post a photo. Now that I have pinned down the required dimensions for furniture in a way that allows my center speaker to fit between the screen and projector, I need to visit Ikea/other stores for a solution.
post #136 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 10:19 AM
Aja

Quote:
Thanks Aja for the update. Based on what I've been able to read on reviews, youtube videos, etc., I'm proceeding with the Epson LS100. It was not an insignificant decision since I needed to buy a ust screen (Viewsonic BCP100), new front channel and matching center channel speakers to replace my floor standing speakers (Energy Veritas 6.3) and upgraded entertainment cabinet (to better conceal wiring and cables).

My floor standing speakers were too tall and would block part of the screen once I blew it out to 100inch. I didn't want to mount the screen too high to compensate. I decided on 3 KEF LS50's across the front to match the sound.
I simply moved my front tower speakers further apart. They are now located at the outside of the left and right screen edges. This may not be perfect, especially in a home theater, but seems to be working well enough for me in my living room. I considered moving the screen slightly higher so that the tower speakers would fit below it, but I did not want the screen image to be too high. I have gotten a stiff neck in the past when watching TVs that were wall mounted too high.
post #137 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 10:34 AM

Quote:
I simply moved my front tower speakers further apart. They are now located at the outside of the left and right screen edges. This may not be perfect, especially in a home theater, but seems to be working well enough for me in my living room. I considered moving the screen slightly higher so that the tower speakers would fit below it, but I did not want the screen image to be too high. I have gotten a stiff neck in the past when watching TVs that were wall mounted too high.
Moving further apart was not an option. The new entertainment stand is 87inches wide and I have other obstacles (furniture) to deal with outside of the cabinet. The good thing is its only 21 inches high so I should get a good height for eye-level viewing on the lower third of the screen.
post #138 of 233 Old 11-23-2017, 01:29 PM
Aja

Quote:
Moving further apart was not an option. The new entertainment stand is 87inches wide and I have other obstacles (furniture) to deal with outside of the cabinet. The good thing is its only 21 inches high so I should get a good height for eye-level viewing on the lower third of the screen.
My sitting eye level is also at about the lower third point of the projection screen. My plasma screen eye level was at about 2/3 from the bottom of the screen and I was worried that the higher projection screen image would cause neck problems, but it has not.
post #139 of 233 Old 11-25-2017, 03:41 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
My sitting eye level is also at about the lower third point of the projection screen. My plasma screen eye level was at about 2/3 from the bottom of the screen and I was worried that the higher projection screen image would cause neck problems, but it has not.
Definitely looking forward to pictures of your setup once you get the phone fixed (bummer about the phone btw).

When you say you 'turned down the brightness' because it was too bright, are you referring to the 'brightness' setting in the projector? Contrast and brightness settings are usually optimal at specific values. If you adjusted the brightness value down, you would be loosing a lot of black/dark detail.

Turning down the contrast might be a better (not optimal though) solution for taming brightness.

Sorry, not trying to get techie, just wondering which adjustment you made, and if you're still happy with the results...
post #140 of 233 Old 11-29-2017, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I set up my LS100 last night first on the wall for about 20 minutes (looked great in a "dim" room). The "bright cinema" mode was very bright!

I then hung my Elite Screens Aeon CLR screen in 120." The blacks and colors etc did get better (not that is was poor before). Watched a movie and some tv and went to bed. I decided to fire it up this morning before work (brightest time of day for my very bright room!), and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was watchable in "cinema" mode, and looked great in "bright cinema."

I am happy with it. I never had much desire for 3d and while 4k would have been nice... I don't see a massive difference between my brothers new 65" 4k and this, even at 120"

I attached a couple pics. The first one is a bright room in "cinema" mode. The other two are in "bright cinema" mode. One is at an angle. And a pic of the room so you can see what my challenges are.

Oh and the source is just an old DVD of a tv show...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171129_092314243.jpg
Views:	409
Size:	448.7 KB
ID:	2323010   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171129_091607942.jpg
Views:	403
Size:	563.9 KB
ID:	2323014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171119_095918725.jpg
Views:	370
Size:	962.1 KB
ID:	2323016   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20171129_092006971.jpg
Views:	376
Size:	441.8 KB
ID:	2323018  
Aja, vinyfiny and MoviePerson like this.

"We base all our experiments on the capacity of mankind for self-government." James Madison
post #141 of 233 Old 11-29-2017, 01:23 PM
Aja

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnmacdyn View Post
I set up my LS100 last night first on the wall for about 20 minutes (looked great in a "dim" room). The "bright cinema" mode was very bright!

I then hung my Elite Screens Aeon CLR screen in 120." The blacks and colors etc did get better (not that is was poor before). Watched a movie and some tv and went to bed. I decided to fire it up this morning before work (brightest time of day for my very bright room!), and was pleasantly surprised to see that it was watchable in "cinema" mode, and looked great in "bright cinema."

I am happy with it. I never had much desire for 3d and while 4k would have been nice... I don't see a massive difference between my brothers new 65" 4k and this, even at 120"

I attached a couple pics. The first one is a bright room in "cinema" mode. The other two are in "bright cinema" mode. One is at an angle. And a pic of the room so you can see what my challenges are.

My experience was similar. I found the Bright Cinema mode to be too bright and am now using Cinema mode. Thanks for posting.
post #142 of 233 Old 11-29-2017, 01:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

thanks for the pics! would love to see the action at night...i'm not looking for a daytime tv replacement per se, just curious about home theater/movie viewing in a dark environment.

i plan on using my carada white 1.3 permanent mounted screen ( "non UST" )

i don't need light rejection properties given the way i plan on using it, so hopefully my screen will be fine if i go with this projector
post #143 of 233 Old 11-29-2017, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I took a couple pics with my cell phone last night... they aren't really useful...

For what its worth, I think its picture is likely better than my Mitsubishi HC4000 I have in my theater... Though, as I have just moved, I haven't watched that one in a few months and when I did it was on a painted wall (just normal white paint). I hope to have that up and running this weekend and on a screen shortly after that.

"We base all our experiments on the capacity of mankind for self-government." James Madison
post #144 of 233 Old 11-30-2017, 08:20 AM
Aja

Quote:
I took a couple pics with my cell phone last night... they aren't really useful...

For what its worth, I think its picture is likely better than my Mitsubishi HC4000 I have in my theater... Though, as I have just moved, I haven't watched that one in a few months and when I did it was on a painted wall (just normal white paint). I hope to have that up and running this weekend and on a screen shortly after that.
I am using one from Elite Screens. It is based on their CineWhite material. It is rated for UST but is not one of the special UST screens that can cost well over $1,000. My screen cost roughly a few hundred dollars or so and I think it works well enough for me. I suspect that there are screens from other manufacturers that are just as good.

While researching UST screens I learned that one of the most important things is that the screen be stretched flat. Mine is mounted on a light weight aluminum frame.

I am very glad that I purchased the LS100. I seem to remember that Epson will even send me a temporary replacement in case mine needs to be repaired so there is no need to keep my plasma for this purpose. I originally intended to split time between my plasma and the LS100. However, I have not used the plasma at all since the day I first turned on the LS100. If I don't place the plasma in another room I may end up selling it. If I had a dedicated home theater room I would still keep the Epson in the living room.

Interesting comparison to your Mitsubishi. I look forward to more comments after you have it up and projecting onto a screen.
post #145 of 233 Old 11-30-2017, 08:44 AM
Aja

Quote:
Originally Posted by cbaseuser View Post
Definitely looking forward to pictures of your setup once you get the phone fixed (bummer about the phone btw).

When you say you 'turned down the brightness' because it was too bright, are you referring to the 'brightness' setting in the projector? Contrast and brightness settings are usually optimal at specific values. If you adjusted the brightness value down, you would be loosing a lot of black/dark detail.

Turning down the contrast might be a better (not optimal though) solution for taming brightness.

Sorry, not trying to get techie, just wondering which adjustment you made, and if you're still happy with the results...
The LS100 was set to the Bright Cinema mode in the menu when I first used it. I found this too bright and changed to the Cinema mode. I have not yet tried any other setting changes. It is interesting to note that the fan was on with Bright Cinema mode, but not with Cinema. When on it was not loud enough that I noticed, but I don't think it has ever turned on with Cinema mode.

I noticed that sometimes with DVDs (The Closer and Major Crimes) there was a few seconds on every disc or so where some of the black breaks up slightly. I did not see this in Bright Cinema mode, but maybe did not watch long enough to see it. Possibly this can be reduced or eliminated with other settings. I have never seen this problem with Blu-Ray or while watching television shows. It is rare and not enough of a problem that it causes me anxiety or to stop watching the LS100 - I love how the big screen draws me into whatever I am watching. If anything, I would replace these DVDs with Blu-Rays but that is not an option (not available in Blu-Ray).

Thanks for the suggestion to try turning down the contrast. I will try this.

One thing that still amazes me is how well this projector does during the day, even with the drapes open and without one of the special UST screens that cost thousands.
post #146 of 233 Old 12-05-2017, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
JohnMacdyn,

What is the distance from your wall to the most front of the projector? trying to see if i could build a floating mantel for this beast but might not if it's like 2 feet
post #147 of 233 Old 12-06-2017, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceLee View Post
JohnMacdyn,

What is the distance from your wall to the most front of the projector? trying to see if i could build a floating mantel for this beast but might not if it's like 2 feet
I just got mine a few days ago and I had to move the move projector almost 28 inches away to produce a 100” image. A bit further than expected unless I’m doing something wrong. Just to clarify it’s 28” measuring from the wall to the furthest end of the projector.
post #148 of 233 Old 12-06-2017, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredog821 View Post
I just got mine a few days ago and I had to move the move projector almost 28 inches away to produce a 100” image. A bit further than expected unless I’m doing something wrong. Just to clarify it’s 28” measuring from the wall to the furthest end of the projector.
hmmmm, crud...looks like it's prob going to be mid 30's before I can get a 120" image...thx for the heads up. Yes, that was the measurement I was looking for.
post #149 of 233 Old 12-07-2017, 05:18 AM
fas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeuceLee View Post
hmmmm, crud...looks like it's prob going to be mid 30's before I can get a 120" image...thx for the heads up. Yes, that was the measurement I was looking for.
There is a projection calculator on Projector Central. For 100" diagonal, it says 2', or 24". This is to the lens, which is towards the furthest part of the projector. So it must be about 4 more inches to the furthest part. For 120 diagonal, it says 2'4", another 4 inches, the furthest part from the wall would be 32 inches (assuming 28 inches for the 100 diagonal. I think I figured 29 inches from screen on the Viewsonic LS820. Add an inch or so for the depth of the BCP120 screen. I'm leaning towards the Viewsonic right now, but its a tough call.
post #150 of 233 Old 12-07-2017, 07:13 AM
Aja

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dredog821 View Post
I have had a similar experience. I have a 125" image. The front of my projector is roughly 14" or so from the screen. The back of the project is very roughly 30" - 31" or so away from the screen. Note that I did not do the preceding measurements very accurately, but they give a general idea. One of the manuals gives provides distances from the screen for the projector to produce a given sized image. I can't remember if this manual was online or in the box.

In my case the projector is not in the way at all. However, this might not be true for others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
Epson , home cinema ls100 , laser projection , ultra short throw

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page