BenQ W1700 : 4K HDR 3D DLP projector - Page 32 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 498Likes

post #931 of 946 Old 12-26-2018, 03:42 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I have a question about HDR. I use my projector as a computerscreen with windows 10. But I dont know how to get HDR to work. I watched Escape from New York yesterday with HDR10. But the picture quality didn't look so good. I got the best picture quality when I switched to HDR in windows 10 and SDR on the Benq. When I just used HDR on the Benq and did not activate HDR in windows 10 the picture was terrible, kinda hazy.
And the last on HDR ON windows and HDR ON Benq the picture became brown and colorless. What am I doing Wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #932 of 946 Old 01-21-2019, 03:00 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Have had this projector for 4 months now, and am finding it somewhat frustrating with 4K viewing, can anyone advise?

So basically, I've left it with default settings and 'normal' lamp brightness, but out of the few 4K discs I've sampled (standard blu rays look fantastic, btw) I seem to be getting mixed results with image quality. Blade Runner sees massive spikes in grain and what could be called noise in certain shots, and I popped in Labyrinth last week and was greeted with massive, overly processed looking grain on certain shots. I've figured out that it's the sharpening that seems to be causing the worst of this - I've turned sharpness and the pixel enhancer down to zero which seems to fix it for Blade Runner, but Labyrinth still had what I felt was excessive grain pop going on (and no, I'm not a grainphobe, but it just didn't look right to me).

So, basically, is it the tone mapping causing these issues?
post #933 of 946 Old 03-11-2019, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I'm also getting really bad issues with grain or image noise. I have sharpness set to 0. I also have the new 1.0.3 firmware.

Is there a setting I should turn off? Anyone else having this issue?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #934 of 946 Old 03-17-2019, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
UHD Bluray drive

Any PC users on here use a UHD Bluray drive? I am looking to purchase one, but the only model I can find is the Pioneer BDR-211EBK which costs about £120! Anyone know of any other options?
post #935 of 946 Old 03-28-2019, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hi,

Just got mine W1700 (European) back from firmware update 1.0.3 -> 9.0.6 (yes 9.0.6) anyone else here with this firmware ?

The W1700 now supports HLG (and HDR10)
3D menu now has manual control, so now I can get 3D to work from my Minix U9-H.

But one thing that is annoying is it now takes very very long time If I change video from SDR to HDR, or even change resolution. The projector will blank the screen for many seconds before the picture shows up again.

Best Regards
Flemming Bach
Denmark
post #936 of 946 Old 03-29-2019, 07:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BachAudioDK View Post
Hi,

Just got mine W1700 (European) back from firmware update 1.0.3 -> 9.0.6 (yes 9.0.6) anyone else here with this firmware ?

But one thing that is annoying is it now takes very very long time If I change video from SDR to HDR, or even change resolution. The projector will blank the screen for many seconds before the picture shows up again.

Best Regards
Flemming Bach
Denmark

Same here.. It takes so long that the windows setting confirmation box times out before I've had chance to confirm the change. Anyone know how to make the confirmation box stay on for longer?
post #937 of 946 Old 04-02-2019, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy goodall View Post
Same here.. It takes so long that the windows setting confirmation box times out before I've had chance to confirm the change. Anyone know how to make the confirmation box stay on for longer?

I had/have the same problem on my Minix U9-H, but I use my remote, at press left and Enter, to accept. But on Windows, you might be able to use keyboard and the tabulator key ?

Im waiting on a reply from BenQ support, about this behaviour. I also asked for a FW release note, on what has been fixed since 1.0.3.

If you manually set the SDR or HDR10 i have notice that it works better when changing resolutions. It seems to be the Auto mode that takes forever to detect if the HDMI content is SDR or HDR.

Regards
Flemming
post #938 of 946 Old 04-03-2019, 02:35 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hi!
My w1700 has started to make a noise at startup. It sounds like something is grinding against something else. This only happens for a few seconds at startup and never during a movie. Should I be worried?

Regards
Chris
post #939 of 946 Old 06-25-2019, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi,

Best Regards
Flemming Bach
Denmark
How I can update my W1700 firmware? Thanks...
post #940 of 946 Old 07-16-2019, 08:30 PM

Help

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos_bianchi View Post
How I can update my W1700 firmware? Thanks...
Please, anyone can help me? In my city dont have a assitant.
post #941 of 946 Old 08-09-2019, 05:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlos_bianchi View Post
Please, anyone can help me? In my city dont have a assitant.

Raise a support case on their website and if still under warranty, they pick it up from your house, update and post it back. Thats what they did for me.
post #942 of 946 Old 10-14-2019, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Hi,

Best Regards
Flemming Bach
Denmark
I have just bought this projector and it has the 1.0.3 version. I cannot activate 3d with my nvidia shield. i tried videos in "SBS" and "OU" and it dows not recognize the 3d.

1 - What player do you use with your Minix U9-H, i'm using kodi. it worked ok with my samsung tv (3D)

2 - How can i ask to do a firmware update.
post #943 of 946 Old 10-30-2019, 05:08 AM

Liked: 3
I did a support ticket with BENQ asking if I could have a firmware update (I'm on 1.0.3). They have replied asking what problems I am having. Well technically I am not. What problems could I be having with 1.0.3 to justify them collecting it? Or is there something else I should respond with to get them to agree?
post #944 of 946 Old 11-09-2019, 07:08 AM

Hi guys. I'm owner of this beamer. Can anyone know how to enter to a service menu? I'd want to know real hours of lamp work.

Отправлено с моего MI 8 через Tapatalk
post #945 of 946 Old 11-09-2019, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 798 Post(s)
Liked: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by stick_ro View Post
Hi guys. I'm owner of this beamer. Can anyone know how to enter to a service menu? I'd want to know real hours of lamp work.

Does this help:

https://factory-reset.com/wiki/BenQ_Service_Menu
stick_ro likes this.
post #946 of 946 Old 11-09-2019, 11:56 AM

Thank you man!!!!!!
I have 2nd trouble - when i turn on the projector, I don't see Benq logo, only blackscreen. My firmware version is 9.0.6. TP Benq says on their benq w1700 ver 9.0.8 don't have this promlem with startup logo. Enyone upgrade? I have mstar board, TP says this board upgrade only in service with special board. This is true?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page