Official BenQ HT2550 4K HDR Projector Review and Owners Thread - Page 6 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 216Likes

post #151 of 669 Old 03-15-2018, 12:45 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2754 Post(s)
Liked: 2741
Official BenQ HT2550 4K HDR Projector Review and Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAxeVR View Post
Two words: contrast ratio.

The closest one can get to a "perfect" 1080p image is likely an older used JVC. Which would still look much better, let's not kid ourselves here.

I'd also much rather a 1080p OLED TV than an edge-lit UHD LCD TV.

Actually I'd be fine with a mediocre contrast 4K DLP if it cost under a grand. I think by black friday these projectors will be available at that price.

120hz support is also tempting but going from 1800:1 on my current DLP down to 600:1 while paying double the price I paid six years later is not what I consider a smart upgrade.

The possibility of 4K 240hz is only thing remotely interesting about these projectors to me. I'm working on a driver to make that happen (when I have time), but no way to test it yet since I'm not buying one of these myself and Amazon is giving people a hard time with returns now.

Can I submit a counter argument?

That’s my VT60. It’s now over 5 years old and yet there isn’t a projector on the face of the planet that can even come close to matching it for contrast, black levels, or color saturation. In terms of 1080p compatibility it is perfect. Compared to this flat panel a Sony looks like a Chinese brand LCD. The blacks on a JVC look gray by comparison.

I’m mentioning the VT60 because I think it explains why I’m a little more forgiving of the Ht2550’s limited contrast. While I agree that taking a hit in contrast is a tough pill to swallow as an upgrade from where I’m sitting the difference in contrast between 1200:1 and 400:1 is peanuts compared to the enormous gulf between 1200:1 and the 29,000:1 this old plasma is capable of. (Btw I’m going by native numbers. The only way 1080p DLPs hit 1800+:1 is with lamp dimming and if we’re going to quote lamp dimming numbers the HT2550 is a 1200:1 projector)

Now I’m not trying to change your mind. I’m a big advocate for being happy with what you have. More projectors will continue to be released and performance will continue to improve but for anyone looking to enjoy 4K NOW— here it is and it’s pretty amazing.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Last edited by sage11x; 03-15-2018 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #152 of 669 Old 03-16-2018, 09:47 AM
Kid

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 13
[quote=sage11x;55838560]So here’s something fun to do. While my poang chair isn’t quite as comfortable as the Eames chair it does have the advantage of being really lightweight and easy to drag around. So I figured why not drag it up and create my own personal Imax. For anyone who has bought or is considering buying one of these HT2550s (or, really, any of the new 4K displays) you owe it to yourself to invest in the UHD Blu-ray release of Planet Earth II. This two disc package is a middle finger in the face of streaming’s newfound dominance. The pictures I’m taking here are about 6.5 nose to 100” screen. The detail is breathtaking.

Greetings, sage11x;
I don't see the light border (around the projected image) on your photos. My room has the walls painted a very dark shade of blue. Do you think I'll se the light border?
Thanx a lot!
sage11x, levy07 and DunMunro like this.

KID
Colorado Doente

Last edited by Kid; 03-19-2018 at 04:34 PM.
post #153 of 669 Old 03-16-2018, 08:19 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kid View Post
Greetings, sage11x;

I don't see the light border (around the projected image) on your photos. My room has the walls painted a very dark shade of blue. Do you think I'll se the light border?

Thanx a lot!

Hard to see isn’t it?

Honestly it’s just not that bright. The only time I really see it is when I first turn on the projector and then sometimes during content if there’s a particularly dark scene. Not to say it isn’t there the rest of the time it’s just my brain kind of tunes it out.

Yes, I think if you have a dark painted wall behind your screen that will help to mitigate the border.

Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #154 of 669 Old 03-17-2018, 01:08 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 818
Official BenQ HT2550 4K HDR Projector Review and Owners Thread

SETTINGS UPDATE.

I continue to love Cinema Mode more and more. At first I thought it was too dark for my big 160” screen but with some settings tweaks (ie: Brilliant Color on, brightness 52, contrast 57) I have been able to get the same brightness as the other modes but with accurate non saturated color. It’s amazing. Just like the content creators and directors meant it to be.

If you don’t have a screen as big as mine you will not have to tweak setting as much to get the most out of it, by the way.

HDR - I have really enjoyed HDR on this projector. A fairly punchy picture but in a few scenes it seemed reds were saturated.

BUT...

I mentioned this about a month ago that while watching War of the Planet of the Apes in HDR, the red in the flames were hot-spotting. I figured out why...

COLOR GAMUT...

When watching HDR content, Color Gamut is set to the default ‘Auto’. This means it will usually select BT-2020... a rich color space that the color wheel in this projector DOES NOT (nor any projector) fully cover. The result is a punchy saturated picture that hot spots red in some scenes. Still a beautiful image as I mentioned several times but I have always had to set the color temperature to ‘Cool’ to compensate for the deep reds.

GIDDY UP 709!!

When I manually selected BT-709 in Color Gamut, the color space that this projector ROCKS at (96% coverage), the resulting HDR image is as color accurate as I have seen in an HDR projector.

The HDR image still isn’t quite as punchy as I saw in the Epson 4000 but much more color accurate and even brighter. I continue to be blown away by this PJ more and more every time I watch a movie on it.
Brajesh and sage11x like this.

"The Bunker" | Dedicated Theater Build Under Suspended Slab Garage
Testing: BenQ HT5550 | Epson 5050UB | 160" Dragonfly™ Fixed AT Screen
Denon X6300H | 9.4.4 (7.2.4 Discrete) | 9x Episode 900 Series LCR/Surrounds | 4x Episode 1700 Series ATMOS Heights | 4x Episode 12" Evo Subs
Sony X700 | Xbox One X | NVIDIA Shield TV

Last edited by scottyroo; 03-17-2018 at 06:43 PM.
post #155 of 669 Old 03-17-2018, 03:11 PM
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Hard to see isn’t it?

Honestly it’s just not that bright. The only time I really see it is when I first turn on the projector and then sometimes during content if there’s a particularly dark scene. Not to say it isn’t there the rest of the time it’s just my brain kind of tunes it out.

Yes, I think if you have a dark painted wall behind your screen that will help to mitigate the border.
Hi, sage11x, thank you very much for the feedback! :-)
I actually have my eye on the ViewSonic PX727-4K for quite some time. My two only concerns are the dreadful border, but not so much, and mostly the poor contrast/black level performance of the .47 chip you guys have been talking about. Aside that, I believe it must have very good color (Viewsonic usually has) and definition. What exactly would be your statement on the black level situation? Sorry to ask you, but we hardly have info here in Brazil.
Thank you very much for your attention!
Best,
KID

KID
Colorado Doente
post #156 of 669 Old 03-17-2018, 06:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 245
Looks like the ht 2550 is sold out everywhere! I think I do too much research because last year when I decided to purchase my Fuji XT2 camera it took me two months to get one because they were so popular lol
post #157 of 669 Old 03-17-2018, 09:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi, sage11x, thank you very much for the feedback! :-)

I actually have my eye on the ViewSonic PX727-4K for quite some time. My two only concerns are the dreadful border, but not so much, and mostly the poor contrast/black level performance of the .47 chip you guys have been talking about. Aside that, I believe it must have very good color (Viewsonic usually has) and definition. What exactly would be your statement on the black level situation? Sorry to ask you, but we hardly have info here in Brazil.

Thank you very much for your attention!

Best,

KID

Blacks/contrast are more akin to what you’d see on an entry level DLP or 3LCD. Content with a lot of mid/bright tones, especially HDR content with bright highlights, looks absolutely amazing. When the scene goes dark, however, things start to look pretty gray. There is a clear tradeoff being made here for affordable 4K resolution. Personally, I think a lot of people will gladly make that trade when they see what this projector is cable of with quality 4K material.

post #158 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 05:26 AM
Kid

Quote:
Blacks/contrast are more akin to what you’d see on an entry level DLP or 3LCD. Content with a lot of mid/bright tones, especially HDR content with bright highlights, looks absolutely amazing. When the scene goes dark, however, things start to look pretty gray. There is a clear tradeoff being made here for affordable 4K resolution. Personally, I think a lot of people will gladly make that trade when they see what this projector is cable of with quality 4K material.
Hi, sage11x, thanks again! ;-)
I'm not sure anymore if this is for me. I only watch 1080p content (we don't even have 4K in Brazil - although it would be nice to be ready for "the future"), so no HDR and lots of definition. I don't know how much upgraded 1080p is when upconverted to "faux" 4K in these .47 DLP DMDs, so, is it worthy, or should I look elsewhere?
Thanx a lot!

KID
Colorado Doente
post #159 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 06:59 AM

So, I snagged the HT2550 a few days ago on sale for $1799 CA. Also picked up a PS4 Pro to go along with it. After reading reviews I decided to go with the HT2550 and $200 so shortly after it coming out plus knowing worst case scenario is if it doesn't work for me I have 30 days to return back to BB.

First I'll explain my usage ... 50% Ps4 gaming and Netflix. 50% 1080p sports. Rarely do anything other then these. I like watching my Bruins (never miss a game), Netflix and gaming (would not consider myself a hardcore gamer though).

Unboxing , I loved the style and look of the project and remote is nice too!

First issue I had with setup was that the screen size when maxed out and at the same distance as my current Epson 2040 was considerably smaller. My Epson is right up to a beam, meaning that if I go back further to get the HT2550 to the size of my liking, I would be below the beam at head level, having to walk around it and a higher chance of walking in front of screen. I could have calculated this prior so I put most of this on me and my particular setup as it wouldn't be an issue for most others.

4k on the Ps4 looks great , not mind blowing but really good. I noticed some improvement on standard 1080p games, and really enjoyed Netflix (with some tweaking). When I enabled HDR it look beyond horrible.. Even with messing with the settings I could not get it to look good. Absolutely awful, has anyone been able to make HDR look good ?

I ran into an issue when I connected my Shaw Direct 1080p receiver... I watch a lot of HD NHL sports, and noticed terrible frame rate during fast motion sequences... which my 2040 handles perfectly. I made sure upscaling was not on , and checked settings to see if there was anyway to correct this with no avail. Personally this might be a deal breaker for me. I do want and love the benefits of 4k but can't take a step backwords with 1080p. I'd be perfectly happy with all the features of my current projector combined with the 4k of the HT2550. Would be more then happy to pay an extra $1000 for this, unfortunately I believe the HT2550 is the closest on the market to this. Also I can't see Shaw Direct NHL games being in 4k anytime soon and where I am in a remote location, satellite for TV is my only option unless my Internet speeds increase and I can stream the games in 4k which would be nice if that ever happened.

Conclusion .. Great projector but I may opt to return the HT2550 and revisit 4k when distance to mount vs screen size is shorter and frame rate is better on 1080p. Not my final decision yet as I plan to continue testing and welcome any recommendations from the AVS group (ie. Settings) before making my final decision to return. FYI I do not consider myself a pro with understanding all the features of a projector as I'm sure you can tell, but I am learning.

Last edited by Chizzler; 03-18-2018 at 07:19 AM.
post #160 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 08:43 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chizzler View Post
So, I snagged the HT2550 a few days ago on sale for $1799 CA. Also picked up a PS4 Pro to go along with it. After reading reviews I decided to go with the HT2550 and $200 so shortly after it coming out plus knowing worst case scenario is if it doesn't work for me I have 30 days to return back to BB.

First I'll explain my usage ... 50% Ps4 gaming and Netflix. 50% 1080p sports. Rarely do anything other then these. I like watching my Bruins (never miss a game), Netflix and gaming (would not consider myself a hardcore gamer though).

First issue I had with setup was that the screen size when maxed out and at the same distance as my current Epson 2040 was considerably smaller. My Epson is right up to a beam, meaning that if I go back further to get the HT2550 to the size of my liking, I would be below the beam at head level, having to walk around it and a higher chance of walking in front of screen. I could have calculated this prior so I put most of this on me and my particular setup as it wouldn't be an issue for most others.

4k on the Ps4 looks great , not mind blowing but really good. I noticed some improvement on standard 1080p games, and really enjoyed Netflix (with some tweaking). When I enabled HDR it look beyond horrible.. Even with messing with the settings I could not get it to look good. Absolutely awful, has anyone been able to make HDR look good ?

I ran into an issue when I connected my Shaw Direct 1080p receiver... I watch a lot of HD NHL sports, and noticed terrible frame rate during fast motion sequences... which my 2040 handles perfectly. I made sure upscaling was not on , and checked settings to see if there was anyway to correct this with no avail. Personally this might be a deal breaker for me. I do want and love the benefits of 4k but can't take a step backwords with 1080p. I'd be perfectly happy with all the features of my current projector combined with the 4k of the HT2550. Would be more then happy to pay an extra $1000 for this, unfortunately I believe the HT2550 is the closest on the market to this. Also I can't see Shaw Direct NHL games being in 4k anytime soon and where I am in a remote location, satellite for TV is my only option unless my Internet speeds increase and I can stream the games in 4k which would be nice if that ever happened.

Conclusion .. Great projector but I may opt to return the HT2550 and revisit 4k when distance to mount vs screen size is shorter and frame rate is better on 1080p. Not my final decision yet as I plan to continue testing and welcome any recommendations from the AVS group (ie. Settings) before making my final decision to return. FYI I do not consider myself a pro with understanding all the features of a projector as I'm sure you can tell, but I am learning.

The issue is shorter throw lens tend to have more trouble with color fringing / chromatic aberration. Being that the detail of 4K needs to be very fine any loss of detail could be seen as a detriment.

I'm sure shorter throw 4k models will come out in the future and I believe the newest Optoma that is on it's way may offer a throw closer to you 2040.
Chizzler likes this.

post #161 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 7
The Optoma UHD50 is the one you need if you want a shorter throw like your Epson
Chizzler likes this.
post #162 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 08:55 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hi, sage11x, thanks again! ;-)
I'm not sure anymore if this is for me. I only watch 1080p content (we don't even have 4K in Brazil - although it would be nice to be ready for "the future"), so no HDR and lots of definition. I don't know how much upgraded 1080p is when upconverted to "faux" 4K in these .47 DLP DMDs, so, is it worthy, or should I look elsewhere?
Thanx a lot!
Honestly, without quality 4K content to feed it I would strongly recommend saving your money and going with a top rated 1080p model like the HT2050A. For 1080p content the HT2050A will give you a substantial bump in contrast and includes features the HT2550 lacks like vertical lens shift and a snappy 16ms of input lag-- and all at half the price. I have a sample of the TH2050A pointed at my screen now and for 1080p I don't think there is a better deal on the planet.

I tend to be very enthusiastic about these new XPR projectors but I want to stress that you really want 4K content to go along with your new 4K projector. While there is nothing wrong with wanting to future proof, the current premium for a 4K projector like the HT2550 is harder to justify unless you're actually going to be viewing 4K content.
megametaman likes this.

post #163 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:

Chizzler if you look about 5 posts up you’ll see a discovery I made about HDR settings that improved my experience. What specifically makes you not enjoy the HDR picture? I never didn’t like it but as stated in my previous post I found that with the Color Gamut setting set to ‘Auto’ it would default to BT-2020 and produce a bit saturated image especially hot spotting the color red. When I manually selected Color Gamut to BT709 that improved drastically.

I’ve had this projector since early days. Feel free to DM me and I can give you my digits to get more feedback over the phone.
sage11x likes this.

Denon X6300H | 9.4.4 (7.2.4 Discrete) | 9x Episode 900 Series LCR/Surrounds | 4x Episode 1700 Series ATMOS Heights | 4x Episode 12" Evo Subs
post #164 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 02:24 PM
Kid

Quote:
Honestly, without quality 4K content to feed it I would strongly recommend saving your money and going with a top rated 1080p model like the HT2050A. For 1080p content the HT2050A will give you a substantial bump in contrast and includes features the HT2550 lacks like vertical lens shift and a snappy 16ms of input lag-- and all at half the price. I have a sample of the TH2050A pointed at my screen now and for 1080p I don't think there is a better deal on the planet.

I tend to be very enthusiastic about these new XPR projectors but I want to stress that you really want 4K content to go along with your new 4K projector. While there is nothing wrong with wanting to future proof, the current premium for a 4K projector like the HT2550 is harder to justify unless you're actually going to be viewing 4K content.
Dear sage11x, thanx again! ;-)
Yeah, I kinda hopped the improved color wheel from the Viewsonic (according to ProjectorCentral) could somehow give a better contrast, but I'm beginning to think I'm looking at the wrong place. But I certainly want some kind of "4K enhancement" to pump up 1080p content, like eShift from JVC or Epson - I just don't have the money for that :-(
Guess I'll have to think it all over again, my old Sanyo PLV-Z3000 is showing it's age.
Thank you very much!
Best,
KID

KID
Colorado Doente
post #165 of 669 Old 03-18-2018, 04:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 451 Post(s)
Liked: 24
[email protected] i have kept the hdr on auto and when I go to advance the color gamut is greyed out ans can’t be selected. So I should turn the hdr on the projector and then go to color gamut I guess. I will have to check it out.

[email protected] I was able to put it high enough above my seating but has to tilt it a bit and use keystone correction. But I have found that kids like to walk around and their shadows get projected. I will mount it but I measured the distance and it’s coming up to about 15 or 151/2 feet to the screen and I am not sure if at that distance I can get a 135” image on my screen.

I also got a 25feet monoprice hdmi cable from amazon and was able to use 4.4.4 chroma on my atv 4K. Will need to test it further to see how it holds up.
post #166 of 669 Old 03-19-2018, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyroo View Post
Chizzler if you look about 5 posts up you’ll see a discovery I made about HDR settings that improved my experience. What specifically makes you not enjoy the HDR picture? I never didn’t like it but as stated in my previous post I found that with the Color Gamut setting set to ‘Auto’ it would default to BT-2020 and produce a bit saturated image especially hot spotting the color red. When I manually selected Color Gamut to BT709 that improved drastically.

I’ve had this projector since early days. Feel free to DM me and I can give you my digits to get more feedback over the phone.
Thank you Scottyroo! That is amazing.... thank you very much.

Last night I tried BT709 and it has improved the image, still some issues but its better.

Have you noticed any framerate issues with 1080p sports on this projector? First game I watched I seen it quite a few times but didn't notice it last night however only watched for 10 minutes. Ill be watching another full game tonight so that should be a good test for it. I will have my SAT receiver directly connected to my HT2550 as well to ensure its not a limitation or setting on my other equipment. Will respond with results.
post #167 of 669 Old 03-19-2018, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sid369 View Post
[email protected] i have kept the hdr on auto and when I go to advance the color gamut is greyed out ans can’t be selected. So I should turn the hdr on the projector and then go to color gamut I guess. I will have to check it out.
Hi Sid - when the HT2550 receives an HDR signal it will automatically switch to HDR mode. The "Color Gamut" menu selection is not available unless the projector is already in HDR mode.
Quote:
Thank you Scottyroo! That is amazing.... thank you very much.

Last night I tried BT709 and it has improved the image, still some issues but its better.

Have you noticed any framerate issues with 1080p sports on this projector? First game I watched I seen it quite a few times but didn't notice it last night however only watched for 10 minutes. Ill be watching another full game tonight so that should be a good test for it. I will have my SAT receiver directly connected to my HT2550 as well to ensure its not a limitation or setting on my other equipment. Will respond with results.
I think the consensus from the reviewer community is that HDR on projectors is not ready for primetime.... yet. The combination of brightness, contrast, and black levels (mostly brightness) does not afford the benefits of HDR on a TV yet. I personally like the HDR image my HT2550. To make sure my mind wasn't playing tricks on me for placebo's sake I switch between my HDR and non-HDR versions of Pacific Rim, The Martian, and Lego Ninjago, and I hands-down preferred the HDR image over SDR. While the blacks aren't going to punch me into oblivion, I do find more depth in the picture. Also make sure you watch a good 5-10 minutes of HDR before switching back to SDR. Your eyes need to adjust to the brightness of the image.

Can you explain more about what you mean by 1080p sports? What is your source? Pretty much all TV is still 720p. I have not watched a ton of sports on this yet... I don't have my Xfinity X1 cable box hooked up to it... I need to get my Coax terminated at my server rack. For now, I have the Xfinity Roku app that I am using to stream live and recorded TV over the internet. Broadcast TV over internet loses a lot of the fluidity of Cable straight to a box so I wouldn't say it was the most buttery of experiences but it was definitely watchable and looked good to my eye... especially since the Jazz took it to the Kings.
sage11x likes this.

post #168 of 669 Old 03-19-2018, 04:32 PM
Kid

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbgl View Post
KID.... I suspect you are proud of your projector, but does it take so many screen shots. My poor slow computer can't even scroll past the first six or seven due to the file sizes. I'm probably not alone. I can't read this page anymore unless you drop some of the shots.

This message may self destruct if I can ever read it again.
Ohps, it wasn't me who posted the photos

KID
Colorado Doente
post #169 of 669 Old 03-19-2018, 08:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 6
They are currently in stock on BenQ Direct so I jumped on it. I am super excited. I already have a UDP 203. I'm upgrading from a HT1075. I have several 3D titles and was waiting for the 3D fix. I also bought a Ruipro fiber optic HDMI cable. Now I better invest in blue planet or planet Earth 2

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
post #170 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 04:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 144
I have a BenQ 1070. Can I place the BenQ’s HT2550 in the same spot? Or do I need to move it further back?
post #171 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 11:48 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bori View Post
I have a BenQ 1070. Can I place the BenQ’s HT2550 in the same spot? Or do I need to move it further back?

Which 1070?

The W1070, HT1070 or HT1070A?

post #172 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 11:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schiltzamania View Post
They are currently in stock on BenQ Direct so I jumped on it. I am super excited. I already have a UDP 203. I'm upgrading from a HT1075. I have several 3D titles and was waiting for the 3D fix. I also bought a Ruipro fiber optic HDMI cable. Now I better invest in blue planet or planet Earth 2

Blue planet II is on sale for $40 at Amazon and Bestbuy right now. Planet Earth II is going for $33 on Amazon— a little higher than the $30 I picked it up for but still a good deal.
schiltzamania likes this.

post #173 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 11:57 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Blue planet II is on sale for $40 at Amazon and Bestbuy right now. Planet Earth II is going for $33 on Amazon— a little higher than the $30 I picked it up for but still a good deal.
Better yet blue planet 2 was $26 shipped to import from Amazon UK

sage11x likes this.
post #174 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 01:05 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Check Target for Planet Eart 2, they had it for $32.
sage11x likes this.
post #175 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 02:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Which 1070?

The W1070, HT1070 or HT1070A?
It's this one.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00A2T6X0K/ref=mp_s_a_1_6?ie=UTF8&qid=1521574166&sr=8-6&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=benq+10 70
post #176 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 03:51 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Quote:
It depends on how far away you had your W1070 mounted. If it was at its furthest possible point, the the HT2550 could work from that location. If you had it at its closest position -- the image as large as possible -- then that would be too close for the HT2550.

Kirk Ellis
BenQ TK800 VuTec 122" Screen, Harmon Kardon AVR 247
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center, Energy Take 5 Surrounds
post #177 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 04:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
How far from the screen is your W1070?
post #178 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 05:12 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

What dreamer and DunMunro said.

My guess is the answer is probably no but measure where your mount is and then check the BenQ projection calculator or the calculator on projectorcentral.com to see if the HT2550 will work.

post #179 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 05:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
How far from the screen is your W1070?
It's around 10ft on a 100 inch screen.
post #180 of 669 Old 03-20-2018, 09:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
It's around 10ft on a 100 inch screen.

The exact measurement is important. According to the BenQ calculator:

https://projectorcalculator.benq.com/

at 120in you will get a maximum 93.7in 16 x 9 diagonal from the Ht2550.

At just over 128in distance you will get a 100in image with the Ht2550.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page