BenQ TK800 Announced. - Page 24 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 281Likes

post #691 of 753 Old 01-25-2019, 01:27 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does anyone have recommendations for 3d glasses to use with this projector. I bought a pair of ExquizOn Ultra-Clear HD glasses and I'm not happy with them as they rest uncomfortably on the nose.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #692 of 753 Old 01-26-2019, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by owizard View Post
Have you tried any other 4K sources directly. I use a Roku Streaming Stick Plus and the Tk800 I just got with the same firmware always auto detects Roku.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by joani View Post
Hi all,

I'm new on this forum and I have problems with my tk800.

I had exactly the same problem as described above with a 4k source (NVidia Shield) and a Focal soundbar with HDMI ARC.

So I decided to bypass the soundbar and plug the Shield directly on the TK800 and I still have the problem: the source is not detected.

I found how to solve it: just reboot the tk800, and then the source is correctly detected. So that's just boring because each time I have to boot twice.

I don't have this problem with the non-4k source I use on hdmi 2 (nintendo switch).

My firmware is 1.0.0.0 and I tried to reset all settings but it didn't solve the problem.

Do you have any ideas? thank you very much.

Are you sure your cable is sufficient to pass 4K/60? The fact that it works after a reset could be an indication that your source is connecting at a lower resolution. Keep in mind that the TK800 displays 4K by default so even if it is receiving HD it will up scale the image and list 2160p on it’s info screen.

I had a similar issue between the HT2550 and my x800 when I first upgraded to 4K. If I forced the x800 into 4K I would get a ‘no source’ on my projector. But once I power cycled the two the x800 would detect the HT2550 as a 1080p device and reduce the resolution to 1080p. An upgrade to my cable fixed this.
Hi and thanks for answers,
I finaly found out how to get my Shield displayed without booting my tk800 twice: Just wait the tk800 has finished to boot, and then awake the Shield From sleep.
I'm pretty sure the hdmi cable is OK (video quality is just awesome), but I don't know how to check because the cable is inside the roof and wall...
post #693 of 753 Old 01-26-2019, 03:01 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Damon Atkinson View Post
Does anyone have recommendations for 3d glasses to use with this projector. I bought a pair of ExquizOn Ultra-Clear HD glasses and I'm not happy with them as they rest uncomfortably on the nose.
I bought a two-pair of cocar glasses from amazon UK and have found them quite comfortable. They have a removable bridge so you can have the glasses slightly nearer to your eyes or sit on a slightly wider nose. I'm not allowed to post a link to them with me being a newbie but if you copy and paste this description into a search engine or amazon's page you should be able to see them:
3D Glasses, Active Shutter Rechargeable Eyewear for 3D DLP-Link Projectors Acer BenQ Optoma Viewsonic Philips LG Infocus NEC Jmgo Vivitek Cocar Toumei - Pack of 2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #694 of 753 Old 02-01-2019, 12:31 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Hey folks,

I've recently purchased a refurbed TK800 for $900 directly from BenQ - it arrived yesterday and I fired it up very quickly just to check the lamp usage (Only 3 hours, yay!) and the firmware version. The firmware version is 1.0.1. I know the latest firmware is 1.0.3.

I know the main issues that the firmware updates were solving were 3d sync issues - I will be using this projector for 3D content (I have a bunch of 3D blu-rays I've collected over the years). What was changed between firmware version 1.0.1 and 1.0.3? Does firmware 1.0.1 have any known issues? The reason I ask is because the TK800 seems like a great fit for my living room setup (I control the ambient light as best I can, but my current HT2050 struggles with it sometimes regardless), but if I need to send it back for a firmware upgrade, I'm probably just going to outright return it and wait for the HT3550's brighter cousin to get released at some point later this year.

If firmware version 1.0.1 doesn't have any big issues (especially with 3D) I'll probably keep the TK800 for a year or two and see what projectors are doing at that point, as it seems like it'll be a fairly nice upgrade over my current HT2050.
post #695 of 753 Old 02-01-2019, 04:27 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 361 Post(s)
Liked: 157
FYI I never had sync issues with the TK800 ever on any firmware

I never did solve the low contrast "green" issue so returned it, but try to see if there even is a sync issue, you might not have any problems even on this firmware.
post #696 of 753 Old 02-01-2019, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by longhornsk57 View Post
FYI I never had sync issues with the TK800 ever on any firmware

I never did solve the low contrast "green" issue so returned it, but try to see if there even is a sync issue, you might not have any problems even on this firmware.
Actually, I got a bit confused, I saw several people mention firmware revision 1.0.3 for the TK800, but said firmware doesn't exist, that's an HT2550 thing. 1.0.1 is the latest firmware for the TK800, it appears. I just wanted to make sure I posted that because I found a discussion about it quite a few pages back in the thread, but I've also seen several people refer to the 1.0.3 firmware for this projector without anyone correcting them.

I think I'm just going to keep the TK800, as my primary usage will be streaming services and gaming. I do like the improvements that are allegedly coming with the 3550, but it's also going to be in a very different league price-wise than the $900 I spent on my TK800. (When I called to ask about an RMA, the BenQ rep I spoke to said the MSRP isn't being divulged yet, but it's going to be more in the $2,000 - $3,000 range, he said the price B&H is showing is wrong)

I think I'm going to be entirely happy with this projector for the next year or two, and who knows what kind of crazy laser-driven quantum nonsense projectors we'll have by then.
owizard and sage11x like this.
post #697 of 753 Old 02-02-2019, 12:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked: 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agentbolt View Post
Actually, I got a bit confused, I saw several people mention firmware revision 1.0.3 for the TK800, but said firmware doesn't exist, that's an HT2550 thing. 1.0.1 is the latest firmware for the TK800, it appears. I just wanted to make sure I posted that because I found a discussion about it quite a few pages back in the thread, but I've also seen several people refer to the 1.0.3 firmware for this projector without anyone correcting them.

I think I'm just going to keep the TK800, as my primary usage will be streaming services and gaming. I do like the improvements that are allegedly coming with the 3550, but it's also going to be in a very different league price-wise than the $900 I spent on my TK800. (When I called to ask about an RMA, the BenQ rep I spoke to said the MSRP isn't being divulged yet, but it's going to be more in the $2,000 - $3,000 range, he said the price B&H is showing is wrong)

I think I'm going to be entirely happy with this projector for the next year or two, and who knows what kind of crazy laser-driven quantum nonsense projectors we'll have by then.

You beat me too it.

There has been a lot of confusion between the TK800 and HT2550. It’s the HT2550 that you need fw 1.0.3 on as it fixes the 3D and massively improves the HDR.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #698 of 753 Old 02-12-2019, 12:12 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
In terms of continuous run time, can the TK800 be used for 8-10 hours straight like a TV ? What is the advisable run time limit for projectors ?
post #699 of 753 Old 02-12-2019, 10:33 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Star Lord View Post
In terms of continuous run time, can the TK800 be used for 8-10 hours straight like a TV ? What is the advisable run time limit for projectors ?
I have a Hitachi TX200, LG Pg65U (LED) and a Benq Tk800. I have used them all up to 6-7 hours at a stretch without any detrimental effects over the years.
Star Lord likes this.
post #700 of 753 Old 02-13-2019, 06:29 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked: 2664
Quote:

Sure— it just means more hours on the lamp. Thanks to improved lamp life, many people never even get a bulb replacement as they end up replacing the projector far sooner. If you’re running in smarteco (which I recommend) Benq estimates an 8000 hour lamp interval. At 8-10 hours per day that would mean 800 to 1000 days before your replacement— again, running everyday. So what’s that? 2/3 years?
Star Lord and Ralph11 like this.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #701 of 753 Old 02-16-2019, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I just got a new unit from frys and it seems like it producing “whistling” sound (other than fan noise) for 4 to 5 second. Currently I have connected Fire4k stick at hdmi 1 port. My observation is that for sure it is not like coming when I play UHD movies from amazon prime, but rather any time e.g changing through settings or menu on fire stick, any comments as if i have a bad unit??
post #702 of 753 Old 02-16-2019, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 31 Post(s)
Quoted: 1072 Post(s)
Liked: 569
Quote:
Originally Posted by altaf13 View Post
I just got a new unit from frys and it seems like it producing “whistling” sound (other than fan noise) for 4 to 5 second. Currently I have connected Fire4k stick at hdmi 1 port. My observation is that for sure it is not like coming when I play UHD movies from amazon prime, but rather any time e.g changing through settings or menu on fire stick, any comments as if i have a bad unit??
Sounds like the 4K actuator is activating and deactivating from a 4K image to silent mode for a 1080p image. That usually happens when you are navigating through a 3D bluray, where some of the images upfront are in 2D and some in 3D. The other issue could be a signal sync issue with the Fire4K stick. Make sure you have the latest hdmi cord that can handle 4kx60p signals, and isn't too long. It sounds like a sync issue to me. That will cause the 4K actuator to stop and start as it's trying to figure out what kind of signal your are sending the projector.
altaf13 likes this.
post #703 of 753 Old 02-16-2019, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DBob View Post
Sounds like the 4K actuator is activating and deactivating from a 4K image to silent mode for a 1080p image. That usually happens when you are navigating through a 3D bluray, where some of the images upfront are in 2D and some in 3D. The other issue could be a signal sync issue with the Fire4K stick. Make sure you have the latest hdmi cord that can handle 4kx60p signals, and isn't too long. It sounds like a sync issue to me. That will cause the 4K actuator to stop and start as it's trying to figure out what kind of signal your are sending the projector.
Thanks for the quick reply, I have posted video on youtube for the noise "BenQ TK800 Noise issue" , please go to youtube and search for it, my posted would come onto, forum is not letting me post links.

I have 4kx60p HDMI cable but yes cable is long i.e. 20ft (Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI Cable - Black - 20 Feet | [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 24AWG, YUV 4:4:4)

I am not using 3D Blu-ray player, another source that I have tried was Xbox. One more point I have Denon AVR710 connected and HDMI passed through it but before when Firestick was directly connected to projector, the noise was still coming. I am pretty positive the noise also came when I connected via Denon/ Xbox one S also........any remedy for this noise, should I be worried or MUST return and exchange?
post #704 of 753 Old 02-16-2019, 09:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 596
Quote:
I regularly run my projectors 12 hrs per day.
Star Lord likes this.

Kirk Ellis
BenQ TK800 VuTec 122" Screen, Harmon Kardon AVR 247
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center, Energy Take 5 Surrounds
post #705 of 753 Old 02-17-2019, 08:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by altaf13 View Post
Thanks for the quick reply, I have posted video on youtube for the noise "BenQ TK800 Noise issue" , please go to youtube and search for it, my posted would come onto, forum is not letting me post links.

I have 4kx60p HDMI cable but yes cable is long i.e. 20ft (Monoprice Certified Premium HDMI Cable - Black - 20 Feet | [email protected], HDR, 18Gbps, 24AWG, YUV 4:4:4)

I am not using 3D Blu-ray player, another source that I have tried was Xbox. One more point I have Denon AVR710 connected and HDMI passed through it but before when Firestick was directly connected to projector, the noise was still coming. I am pretty positive the noise also came when I connected via Denon/ Xbox one S also........any remedy for this noise, should I be worried or MUST return and exchange?
Interesting, I had tried the same Monoprice cable and had issues with my TK800 syncing for 3D. I finally purchased this one and it worked fine. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008U7SL4C/. There are lots of variables though.

I found and listened to your youtube video, but the sound was so low, I couldn't hear much, just what sounded like normal fan airflow. Try going into the menu and switching to Silence mode (page 29 of the manual). That will deactivate the 4K actuator. The noise should change to a lower level, and that would be normal. Switch it back on and you should hear a high-pitched whine as the actuator kicks in. That noise should reduce over time. Check to see if you accidentally are in High Altitude Mode(page 30 of the manual)--useful when living above 1,500 meters. This increases the fan speed and fan noise. Many users have had issues with the noise, and it just might be how the projector is mounted and the characteristics of your ceiling and your sitting location. What I could hear in your youtube video sounded normal to me. I see you have it mounted close to the back of the room near the wall. That could easily bounce the noise back to you.

Check the light indicators (see page 39), to make sure the actuator is working properly and the Thermal Events indicators for fan operation. If you are used to having a 1080p projector, then the TK800 is going to sound differently because of the 4K actuator. Oh, and also make sure the speaker on the TK800 is turned off. I didn't realize this for several days when I first had mine operating. But that gives you more of a reverb sound.
post #706 of 753 Old 02-17-2019, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Interesting, I had tried the same Monoprice cable and had issues with my TK800 syncing for 3D. I finally purchased this one and it worked fine. There are lots of variables though.

I found and listened to your youtube video, but the sound was so low, I couldn't hear much, just what sounded like normal fan airflow. Try going into the menu and switching to Silence mode (page 29 of the manual). That will deactivate the 4K actuator. The noise should change to a lower level, and that would be normal. Switch it back on and you should hear a high-pitched whine as the actuator kicks in. That noise should reduce over time. Check to see if you accidentally are in High Altitude Mode(page 30 of the manual)--useful when living above 1,500 meters. This increases the fan speed and fan noise. Many users have had issues with the noise, and it just might be how the projector is mounted and the characteristics of your ceiling and your sitting location. What I could hear in your youtube video sounded normal to me. I see you have it mounted close to the back of the room near the wall. That could easily bounce the noise back to you.

Check the light indicators (see page 39), to make sure the actuator is working properly and the Thermal Events indicators for fan operation. If you are used to having a 1080p projector, then the TK800 is going to sound differently because of the 4K actuator. Oh, and also make sure the speaker on the TK800 is turned off. I didn't realize this for several days when I first had mine operating. But that gives you more of a reverb sound.
I tried Silence mode and it seems like that whistling sound was gone with Fire4K stick as it just stick to 1080p. I enabled Silence ON again and noise came back. High Altitude was already off. Thanks for your advice. I would appreciate if you can suggest quick overall settings , mainly for movies in dark dedicated theater room. Currently have Briliant ON, Lmap Smart eco, have tried vivid, it was ok......need more help with right or preferred settings for sub menu for PICTURE i.e. mode and advanced settings and also should keep HDR to auto ? thanks much for your help.
post #707 of 753 Old 02-18-2019, 09:40 PM

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Benq DLP Link 3d Glasses??

Hi, I have just purchased the TK800 mounted etc. and just got my screen up, speakers tomorrow.

I just don't have time to read through the post - are there any recommendations for 3D glasses. I see BOBLOV and Ultra Clear with great Amazon review numbers.

Thanks in advance.

Partying my new XBR75-X940D, soon new Denon X4200 AVR
post #708 of 753 Old 02-19-2019, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevekaden View Post
Hi, I have just purchased the TK800 mounted etc. and just got my screen up, speakers tomorrow.

I just don't have time to read through the post - are there any recommendations for 3D glasses. I see BOBLOV and Ultra Clear with great Amazon review numbers.

Thanks in advance.
As many of us discovered, you "must" use HDMI input 2 (1.4a compliant) for 3D if you want to use any brand of 3D DLP glasses. If you use HDMI input 1 (2.0 compliant), you can still use it for 3D, but it is problematic (causes flicker) and using Benq 3D glasses appears to be the only solution for that input. I use brands like those you mentioned without issue when using input 2.

And, you must use HDMI input 1 for 4K input as it is designed for that.
post #709 of 753 Old 02-19-2019, 09:20 AM

Quote:
As many of us discovered, you "must" use HDMI input 2 (1.4a compliant) for 3D if you want to use any brand of 3D DLP glasses. If you use HDMI input 1 (2.0 compliant), you can still use it for 3D, but it is problematic (causes flicker) and using Benq 3D glasses appears to be the only solution for that input. I use brands like those you mentioned without issue when using input 2.

And, you must use HDMI input 1 for 4K input as it is designed for that.
Thanks for that input, I am sure you saved me a ton of frustration. Since I probably will only get one or two glasses - and want simple I might just go with the Benq.

I guess I also could add a second cable and just do some quick setup switching to work that later if I expand the use of 3D. In my past I got four glasses for my Living Room system and almost NO ONE wanted to watch more than a demo. I do not get any negative from 3D, but a lot of people just can't seem to handle it.

post #710 of 753 Old 02-19-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for that input, I am sure you saved me a ton of frustration. Since I probably will only get one or two glasses - and want simple I might just go with the Benq.

I guess I also could add a second cable and just do some quick setup switching to work that later if I expand the use of 3D. In my past I got four glasses for my Living Room system and almost NO ONE wanted to watch more than a demo. I do not get any negative from 3D, but a lot of people just can't seem to handle it.
I have two cables, one for 3D and one for 4k. I have to manually switch cables out of my bluray player depending on what I'm watching. A pain, but I'm used it now.

You are not alone. My wife and daughter hate 3D. Makes them sick. Both my neighbor and a good friend have 3D TVs and have never used them for 3D, even after I showed them how. When the family gets together for holidays, only one of my nephews will watch 3D movies with me out of 12 people.
post #711 of 753 Old 02-19-2019, 01:23 PM

Quote:
I have two cables, one for 3D and one for 4k. I have to manually switch cables out of my bluray player depending on what I'm watching. A pain, but I'm used it now.

You are not alone. My wife and daughter hate 3D. Makes them sick. Both my neighbor and a good friend have 3D TVs and have never used them for 3D, even after I showed them how. When the family gets together for holidays, only one of my nephews will watch 3D movies with me out of 12 people.
I am running through a receiver with two HDMI output, I could put two cables in from there to the projector and switch the outputs/inputs. I will play around and see what works better. I'll bet I should go direct from the BR to the Projector - but I have a Fire box, DISH, UHD BR player all dog piled. Hopefully it all works.

post #712 of 753 Old 02-19-2019, 01:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I am running through a receiver with two HDMI output, I could put two cables in from there to the projector and switch the outputs/inputs. I will play around and see what works better. I'll bet I should go direct from the BR to the Projector - but I have a Fire box, DISH, UHD BR player all dog piled. Hopefully it all works.
For 4K, you must make sure your receiver supports 4kx60fps. If you see that you are only getting 4Kx30fps, then you need to go in and change it if you can. You also need to see if you can change the receiver to 4k 4:4:4 pass through for best color and HDR. Cables are important too. Sometimes the cables can't handle what the receiver handles and vice versa.
post #713 of 753 Old 02-20-2019, 05:53 AM

Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Liked: 208
quick question - does the tk800 indicate in any way when it is outputting hdr? i searched, but didnt find anything on the subject.

on a similar note - if one cannot tell if a feature is on or off, maybe that feature is largely a placebo? just a random thought
post #714 of 753 Old 02-20-2019, 06:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by partcrash View Post
quick question - does the tk800 indicate in any way when it is outputting hdr? i searched, but didnt find anything on the subject.

on a similar note - if one cannot tell if a feature is on or off, maybe that feature is largely a placebo? just a random thought
There are several menu items that are greyed out when in HDR mode, some that show up only in HDR mode. The most obvious is HDR Brightness. If that is changeable in the Advanced menu, you know you are in HDR mode that switched on automatically when an HDR compatible signal was recognized by the projector. This appears to always work for HDR blurays, but not always for streaming HDR movies as many of us have discovered.
stevekaden, sage11x and partcrash like this.
post #715 of 753 Old 02-20-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
There are several menu items that are greyed out when in HDR mode, some that show up only in HDR mode. The most obvious is HDR Brightness. If that is changeable in the Advanced menu, you know you are in HDR mode that switched on automatically when an HDR compatible signal was recognized by the projector. This appears to always work for HDR blurays, but not always for streaming HDR movies as many of us have discovered.
ah... nice and simple and i didnt think of it.

thank you

edit: see my response on the subject here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post57636354

Last edited by partcrash; 02-21-2019 at 08:43 AM.
post #716 of 753 Old 02-23-2019, 01:34 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Quoted: 1487 Post(s)
Liked: 596
I know we are all focused on how 4k HDR content looks on the TK800, but I am continually amazed how good plain old 1080P bluray looks on this projector. 95% of what I watch on it is 1080P bluray or even streaming, and I don't regret the upgrade from the HT2050A at all. The upscaling to 4k resolution yields a more filmlike image IMHO.

Last night I spun up the bluray of Avatar and it was just stunning on the TK800. With all the lights out and the TK800 in ECO lamp mode, the colors popped and even the dark forest scenes were crisp and detailed. A movie like Avatar that is all CGI rendering seems like cheating, but if you want some eye candy there is just nothing to show off a projector better.
Dano2, owizard, sage11x and 1 others like this.

Kirk Ellis
BenQ TK800 VuTec 122" Screen, Harmon Kardon AVR 247
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center, Energy Take 5 Surrounds
post #717 of 753 Old 02-23-2019, 02:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by partcrash View Post
ah... nice and simple and i didnt think of it.

thank you

edit: see my response on the subject here: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/90-re...l#post57636354
Hah, that's a good idea.
post #718 of 753 Old 02-24-2019, 08:10 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamer View Post
I know we are all focused on how 4k HDR content looks on the TK800, but I am continually amazed how good plain old 1080P bluray looks on this projector. 95% of what I watch on it is 1080P bluray or even streaming, and I don't regret the upgrade from the HT2050A at all. The upscaling to 4k resolution yields a more filmlike image IMHO.

Last night I spun up the bluray of Avatar and it was just stunning on the TK800. With all the lights out and the TK800 in ECO lamp mode, the colors popped and even the dark forest scenes were crisp and detailed. A movie like Avatar that is all CGI rendering seems like cheating, but if you want some eye candy there is just nothing to show off a projector better.
I separately tested upscaling capabilities and found TK800->Sony UBP-X800->Denon TSR-5380. Some 1080P discs have looked so good they were almost indistinguishable from native 4k.

-Dano
post #719 of 753 Old 02-25-2019, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Hah, that's a good idea.
i now have what i feel is an instant indicator of hdr - when in hdr mode my projector menu color (the default violet one) turns into a deep magenta. just an observation.
post #720 of 753 Old 02-27-2019, 02:42 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 17
HDR Colors

I also use my TK800 a lot and in general i´m also very satisfied with it. I was one of the first to have the firmware version 1.0.1 on my projector and also informed about it in this thread.

What bothers me is that with a HDR signal there is no selection of image modes available.
When i´m using HDR on my both TV´s (LG, TCL), a picture mode (HDR game, HDR movie, HDR standard) can be selected.

Using the TK800 I always notice that watching a movie or game with an HDR signal, the colors are very weak, although HDR should improve the colors.
I know that HDR provides a more accurate gradations of colors and so it may seem that the colors are not so strong, but somehow I am disappointed with the HDR performance.
It does not matter if the HDR image comes from my PS4 Game, a MediaPlayer with a 4K movie, or my PC. The color representation is always identical.

The HDR Brightness setting makes the image brighter or darker, but does not improve the colors.
What are your experiences with the HDR image?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page