Refurbished Optoma Technology UHD60 or UHD65 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 

post #1 of 9 Old 03-25-2018, 05:36 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Refurbished Optoma Technology UHD60 or UHD65

Woot has the Optoma Technology UHD60 or UHD65 on sale for $1299/$1499. I am still running an old Epson 8350 on its second bulb (which has loggged an amazing 3k+ hours, after the first died at 1300). I have a long run in the ceiling to a Yahama Receiver and run a Directv and roku using the Yammy as a switcher. Not sure what the cable is rated at (installed about 4-5 years ago).

Am I better sticking with a 1080p projector (was leaning towards the Epson 4000) or should I just get the Optoma?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 Old 03-25-2018, 06:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 64
That's a pretty good price on the UHD65, depending on what the warranty is for a refurb. I've been holding out for a 4K projector but I've got to admit that price on the 65 is tempting.

post #3 of 9 Old 03-25-2018, 09:20 AM - Thread Starter

Warranty: Optoma; 90 days on projector, 30 days on lamp
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 Old 03-25-2018, 10:10 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 122
I just ordered one. I'll post back once it arrives. Comes with the standard 90 day warranty.
post #5 of 9 Old 03-25-2018, 11:53 AM - Thread Starter

Did you order the 60 or 65?
post #6 of 9 Old 03-25-2018, 02:22 PM
Advanced Member

The 65
post #7 of 9 Old 12-15-2018, 12:33 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffChap View Post
The 65

I know this is old but how did the refurbished 65 come out? I am looking at one now for $1600...I was going to get a much much expensive one...but this deal on a refurbished 65 seems like a good deal just to add 4K to my already 4K everything...just missing the projector...you happy with it? did the refurbished have any issues? I heard it has some trouble doing from black dark to white light on movies...
post #8 of 9 Old 12-15-2018, 10:06 AM
Advanced Member

It has been flawless. It came in a plain box with no labelling on it, but once I opened it, it was indistinguishable from brand new. It had all the protective plastic on it and everything was packaged and wrapped as if it had never been opened.

I've had zero problems with it. Everyone that sees the picture exclaims that it's better than going to the theater. I have a 110" Silver Ticket 1.1 gain screen. I spent a great deal of time playing with all of the settings, and I've finally got it where I want it and I never change them any more. I have no complaints with the picture quality, but it certainly does help to be able to completely black out the room. I can, so I keep Dynamic Black turned off and use ECO mode exclusively. This dims the bulb to extend bulb life and also runs the fan at low speed, meaning quieter. I never hear it unless there is no other sound.

I can hear the fan a little bit when not in ECO mode, but it's not obnoxious. It's just barely noticeable during quiet passages.

Bottom line, I would happily purchase this again.

12 y/o boy added for scale. Any pics with the lights on are naturally going to wash out the screen, and it doesn't look nearly as bad in real life as it does in these photos. The last pic gives you an idea of the black level with the lights off as with normal viewing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
post #9 of 9 Old 12-15-2018, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffChap View Post
It has been flawless. It came in a plain box with no labelling on it, but once I opened it, it was indistinguishable from brand new. It had all the protective plastic on it and everything was packaged and wrapped as if it had never been opened.

I've had zero problems with it. Everyone that sees the picture exclaims that it's better than going to the theater. I have a 110" Silver Ticket 1.1 gain screen. I spent a great deal of time playing with all of the settings, and I've finally got it where I want it and I never change them any more. I have no complaints with the picture quality, but it certainly does help to be able to completely black out the room. I can, so I keep Dynamic Black turned off and use ECO mode exclusively. This dims the bulb to extend bulb life and also runs the fan at low speed, meaning quieter. I never hear it unless there is no other sound.

I can hear the fan a little bit when not in ECO mode, but it's not obnoxious. It's just barely noticeable during quiet passages.

Bottom line, I would happily purchase this again.

12 y/o boy added for scale. Any pics with the lights on are naturally going to wash out the screen, and it doesn't look nearly as bad in real life as it does in these photos. The last pic gives you an idea of the black level with the lights off as with normal viewing.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

thats awesome...great setup...I wish I had my own theater room...but I don't and used my living room...I do have a 1.4 ALR screen so it helps and blackout curtains...before there wasn't many options now there is a lot of options and more on the way for projectors...I kinda been looking at the Optoma UHZ65 now...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page