Epson 5050\6050 Rumors? - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 345Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #121 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 05:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JewDaddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Lawrenceville, GA
Posts: 1,296
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 394 Post(s)
Liked: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by proddan View Post
Guys and girls take it easy... Epson will have a stand at ISE 2019 (world's largest AV and systems integration trade show) in Amsterdam 5-8 Feb



Both Optoma and Epson will reveal there latest projectors for Q2-Q4 releases for 2019



https://www.epson.eu/ISE2019



https://www.optoma.co.uk/press-brand...-releases/1125


Finally!!!!!! :-)


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JewDaddy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 05:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tweakophyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 3,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by proddan View Post
Guys and girls take it easy... Epson will have a stand at ISE 2019 (world's largest AV and systems integration trade show) in Amsterdam 5-8 Feb

Both Optoma and Epson will reveal there latest projectors for Q2-Q4 releases for 2019

https://www.epson.eu/ISE2019

https://www.optoma.co.uk/press-brand...-releases/1125
Well... at least Optoma seems to have new PJs coming. Epson's comments are a little more benign.

"Now you’ve found us, it’s time to lose yourself. We’ve created a stunning visitor experience using Epson’s latest AV technologies. We will take you on an incredible 360 degree adventure that will showcase perfectly the power of Epson’s projectors to transport you to the heart of the action."

Panny UB820, Denon X6300H in 6.1.4 mode, Epson 5040UB, SVS PCUltra paired with a MiniDSP HD and BEQ (of course!)
Working on making things blacker...
Tweakophyte is offline  
post #123 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 06:15 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Epson is offering a free 2nd lamp rebate on the 5040ub until Jan 31. Maybe they are flushing out the last of the 5040 inventory with the lamp carrot??

Maybe the 5050 will shortly follow the free lamp expiration???



Home Cinema 5040UB or 5040UBe
Mail-in Rebate

Purchase a Home Cinema 5040UB (V11H713020) or 5040UBe (V11H714020) projector and receive one projector lamp (V13H010L89) back by mail.

Product must be purchased between 12/1/18 and 1/31/19.
[email protected] is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #124 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 08:24 AM
Member
 
WildThing's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2003
Location: Quebec, Canada
Posts: 26
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
So CES 2019 happened, did Epson seriously still not announce a successor to the 5040UB...?
No word about it. Very dispointed
WildThing is offline  
post #125 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,853
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 2731
No reason to keep starting new threads to repeat this question that's answered almost daily in other threads.
theaterofpain likes this.
Dave in Green is online now  
post #126 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 08:30 AM
Senior Member
 
theaterofpain's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 257
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 138
Did Epson even show up for CES? Might have to start a new thread on that, too.
theaterofpain is offline  
post #127 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 03:00 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Well the first European EH-TW9400 projectors are starting to get reviewed. Initial observations point towards minor changes in picture quality ala HC4000 vs HC4010. Make sure and turn on your translator....

http://cine4home.de/epson-eh-tw9400-...te-ergebnisse/
Robert Crewse is offline  
post #128 of 866 Old 01-15-2019, 03:14 PM
Senior Member
 
DavidinGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 475
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 188 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Crewse View Post
Well the first European EH-TW9400 projectors are starting to get reviewed. Initial observations point towards minor changes in picture quality ala HC4000 vs HC4010. Make sure and turn on your translator....

http://cine4home.de/epson-eh-tw9400-...te-ergebnisse/
So, ya...they're like this seems the same as the 5040...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------------------
Source: HTPC w/madVR, Video: Epson 4000, 150" 16:9, Audio: Onkyo RZ 830 avr, 5 speaker Energy C Series: L/R C300's, C C-C100, SR/SL C50's. Subwoofer: MiniMarty um18 w/NX3000D, .4 Atmos coming soon...
DavidinGA is offline  
post #129 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 06:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tweakophyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 3,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Epson is offering a free 2nd lamp rebate on the 5040ub until Jan 31. Maybe they are flushing out the last of the 5040 inventory with the lamp carrot??

Maybe the 5050 will shortly follow the free lamp expiration???



Home Cinema 5040UB or 5040UBe
Mail-in Rebate

Purchase a Home Cinema 5040UB (V11H713020) or 5040UBe (V11H714020) projector and receive one projector lamp (V13H010L89) back by mail.

Product must be purchased between 12/1/18 and 1/31/19.
With the pricing and the bulb (plus an extended warranty that is transferable and includes a bulb replacement) I pulled the trigger... and you know what that means....

The 5050 will be announced here in the states any day now.

Panny UB820, Denon X6300H in 6.1.4 mode, Epson 5040UB, SVS PCUltra paired with a MiniDSP HD and BEQ (of course!)
Working on making things blacker...
Tweakophyte is offline  
post #130 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Tweakophyte's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2001
Location: Boulder, CO, USA
Posts: 3,472
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 88 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
No reason to keep starting new threads to repeat this question that's answered almost daily in other threads.
This is a fairly old thread. Which threads, and which answers are you referring to?

Panny UB820, Denon X6300H in 6.1.4 mode, Epson 5040UB, SVS PCUltra paired with a MiniDSP HD and BEQ (of course!)
Working on making things blacker...
Tweakophyte is offline  
post #131 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 06:30 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 37
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post
With the pricing and the bulb (plus an extended warranty that is transferable and includes a bulb replacement) I pulled the trigger... and you know what that means....

The 5050 will be announced here in the states any day now.
Even when announced, it could be 9 months before shipping. And for incremental improvements and big price hikes, makes sense to buy now.

What extended warranty did you purchase and how long? And cost?

Thanks
[email protected] is offline  
post #132 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 07:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,853
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 2731
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post
This is a fairly old thread. Which threads, and which answers are you referring to?
After I made that comment in the new thread the moderators apparently merged the few posts from the new thread into this old thread, which makes it easier for everyone to follow.
Dave in Green is online now  
post #133 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 07:29 AM
Member
 
pete ramberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: montana
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
So, am I just stupid? How do you see page 2, etc., of the German review link??
pete ramberg is offline  
post #134 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 09:36 AM
Advanced Member
 
mhutchins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 920
Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 223
I’m having the same problem, Pete.
mhutchins is offline  
post #135 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 12:56 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Dave in Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: USA
Posts: 7,853
Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3543 Post(s)
Liked: 2731
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete ramberg View Post
So, am I just stupid? How do you see page 2, etc., of the German review link??
There is no page 2 because that's not the full review. That's just a brief report on initial test results with more coming as further testing and evaluation is conducted.
Dave in Green is online now  
post #136 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 12:58 PM
Member
 
pete ramberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: montana
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Thanks!! So, how can anybody say, after reading the short German review, that it's nearly the same as the 5040UB??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
There is no page 2 because that's not the full review. That's just a brief report on initial test results with more coming as further testing and evaluation is conducted.

Last edited by pete ramberg; 01-16-2019 at 01:04 PM. Reason: additional comment
pete ramberg is offline  
post #137 of 866 Old 01-16-2019, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
ckronengold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston Strong / Jersey Strong
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post
With the pricing and the bulb (plus an extended warranty that is transferable and includes a bulb replacement) I pulled the trigger... and you know what that means....
:
I am 'this' close to the same decision. Birthday coming up in a couple of weeks.

Movies: Epson 5050 / Marantz 7010 / OPPO-103
Streaming: nVidia Shield / Roku Ultra / Chromecast Ultra
Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 40 (LR), Motion 50XT (center), Motion 2 (surrounds)
Server: Ubuntu 18.04, i7-8700 CPU
HTPC: Win10 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
ckronengold is offline  
post #138 of 866 Old 01-17-2019, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
Anderslober's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 294
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Great news...I guess. I can wait until the ISE show is finished......THEN....!!
Anderslober is offline  
post #139 of 866 Old 01-18-2019, 07:22 AM
Senior Member
 
ckronengold's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston Strong / Jersey Strong
Posts: 356
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tweakophyte View Post
Well... at least Optoma seems to have new PJs coming. Epson's comments are a little more benign.

"Now you’ve found us, it’s time to lose yourself. We’ve created a stunning visitor experience using Epson’s latest AV technologies. We will take you on an incredible 360 degree adventure that will showcase perfectly the power of Epson’s projectors to transport you to the heart of the action."
Actually, if you click on the Application types ( Rentals & Staging / Visitor Attractions / Corporate / etc) it shows you what projectors and other hardware they'll have on display. Probably not a complete list, but here's a few they mention....

EB-L1750U
Powerful laser projector
Extremely bright 15,000-lumen WUXGA 3LCD laser projector, offering outstanding fit and forget reliability with 4K enhancement technology.

EB-L25000U
OUR BRIGHTEST EVER PROJECTOR
Versatile, powerful and durable installation projector, and at 25,000 lumens, the brightest 3LCD laser projector on the market1.
Magnus_CA likes this.

Movies: Epson 5050 / Marantz 7010 / OPPO-103
Streaming: nVidia Shield / Roku Ultra / Chromecast Ultra
Speakers: MartinLogan Motion 40 (LR), Motion 50XT (center), Motion 2 (surrounds)
Server: Ubuntu 18.04, i7-8700 CPU
HTPC: Win10 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
ckronengold is offline  
post #140 of 866 Old 01-18-2019, 08:41 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by proddan View Post
Guys and girls take it easy... Epson will have a stand at ISE 2019 (world's largest AV and systems integration trade show) in Amsterdam 5-8 Feb

Both Optoma and Epson will reveal there latest projectors for Q2-Q4 releases for 2019

https://www.epson.eu/ISE2019

https://www.optoma.co.uk/press-brand...-releases/1125

Thanks for the links, but I don't see any guarantee that the 5050 (or any other new tech) will be revealed. Hope they don't try to roll out tech that is at a significantly higher price point. And, really, if they introduce a 5050 based on the current tech for release in Q4, that is kinda late no?


Edit:
The free bulb offer is good news as it points to a new projector announcement coming soon.


Also I see from the post above that some new projectors will be shown. Maybe they are hiding the 5050 pre-announcement to help flush the 5040s. Seriouly hope a reasonably priced 5050 is coming.

Last edited by Viche; 01-18-2019 at 08:46 AM.
Viche is offline  
post #141 of 866 Old 01-18-2019, 08:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,912
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete ramberg View Post
Thanks!! So, how can anybody say, after reading the short German review, that it's nearly the same as the 5040UB??

What are you seeing that's significantly better about the new projector?
Viche is offline  
post #142 of 866 Old 01-18-2019, 08:55 AM
Member
 
pete ramberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: montana
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
That's pretty much my point. How can anything positive - or negative - be said about a forthcoming 5050 before it has been thoroughly tested and reviewed???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viche View Post
What are you seeing that's significantly better about the new projector?
WynsWrld98 likes this.
pete ramberg is offline  
post #143 of 866 Old 01-18-2019, 09:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2018
Posts: 30
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viche View Post
Thanks for the links, but I don't see any guarantee that the 5050 (or any other new tech) will be revealed. Hope they don't try to roll out tech that is at a significantly higher price point. And, really, if they introduce a 5050 based on the current tech for release in Q4, that is kinda late no?


Edit:
The free bulb offer is good news as it points to a new projector announcement coming soon.


Also I see from the post above that some new projectors will be shown. Maybe they are hiding the 5050 pre-announcement to help flush the 5040s. Seriouly hope a reasonably priced 5050 is coming.

It looks like resellers are starting reduce 5040 inventory. 5050 can't be far off from announcement.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Epson Sale.JPG
Views:	108
Size:	33.4 KB
ID:	2512578  
Dferguso is offline  
post #144 of 866 Old 01-18-2019, 10:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Magnus_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckronengold View Post
Actually, if you click on the Application types ( Rentals & Staging / Visitor Attractions / Corporate / etc) it shows you what projectors and other hardware they'll have on display. Probably not a complete list, but here's a few they mention....



EB-L1750U

Powerful laser projector

Extremely bright 15,000-lumen WUXGA 3LCD laser projector, offering outstanding fit and forget reliability with 4K enhancement technology.



EB-L25000U

OUR BRIGHTEST EVER PROJECTOR

Versatile, powerful and durable installation projector, and at 25,000 lumens, the brightest 3LCD laser projector on the market1.
Laser Projector? Wouldn't it be awesome if they released a laser powered PJ for under $5k!

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
Magnus_CA is offline  
post #145 of 866 Old 01-20-2019, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blipszyc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 2,811
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dferguso View Post
It looks like resellers are starting reduce 5040 inventory. 5050 can't be far off from announcement.
A couple places I've looked at show sale pricing until March 31st. Free Bulb ends Jan. 31st. Is it likely that price will drop again after March 31st to really clear inventory?

Visit the Lipszyc Home Theater! 1.0
2.0 done and finally posted! - Theater 2.0

And now...The Queen City Theater (3.0)
4.0 - TBD
blipszyc is offline  
post #146 of 866 Old 01-21-2019, 08:21 AM
Senior Member
 
dimi123's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 227
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete ramberg View Post
Thanks!! So, how can anybody say, after reading the short German review, that it's nearly the same as the 5040UB??

Epson TW9300 (5040/6040): 4500-6700:1 native contrast, 412:1 ANSI contrast, measured by cine4home

Epson TW9400 (5050/6050): 4500-7000:1 native contrast, 455:1 ANSI contrast, measured by cine4home

PJ: Epson EH-TW9300W | Screen: 135" 2.40 Stewart StudioTek 100 | Anamorphic lens: Prismasonic Cinomorph P-100M | AVR: Denon AVR-X7200WA | Amp: 3x Naim Nait 5si Stereo Amplifier| HTPC: Intel Core i7, GTX1080Ti | BR Player: Oppo BDP-103D, Oppo BDP-95, Samsung UBD-K8500 | Speakers: JBL Studio L Series, 7.2.4 | Mains Filter: BlackNoise 1000 V2, BlackNoise 2500, ISOL-8 VMC1080 | Cables: Chord Cadenza Reference, Chord Epic Twin, Audioquest NRG-4
dimi123 is offline  
post #147 of 866 Old 01-21-2019, 11:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
blake18's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 2,066
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 626 Post(s)
Liked: 350
Just spoke with Epson, they told me the Epson 5050UB and 6050UB will release this spring in the US! They also said they have addressed the power supply failures in the 5040UB and said that the new models will not have this issue.
WynsWrld98 and jpolachak like this.

Lumenlab "Community driven video lab".
blake18 is offline  
post #148 of 866 Old 01-21-2019, 01:58 PM
Member
 
jpolachak's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 161
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
Just spoke with Epson, they told me the Epson 5050UB and 6050UB will release this spring in the US! They also said they have addressed the power supply failures in the 5040UB and said that the new models will not have this issue.
Damn spring is a long time. I need a projector in like 2 weeks.....
jpolachak is offline  
post #149 of 866 Old 01-21-2019, 02:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Magnus_CA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Posts: 1,354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by blake18 View Post
Just spoke with Epson, they told me the Epson 5050UB and 6050UB will release this spring in the US! They also said they have addressed the power supply failures in the 5040UB and said that the new models will not have this issue.
Who did you speak to?

It seems odd they would really still be producing new 5040's at this point if the release of the 5050 is imminent. It would be nice if they qualified their answer with a specific manufacture date or said something like all serial numbers starting with X have the new power supplies installed.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk
MJ DOOM likes this.
Magnus_CA is offline  
post #150 of 866 Old 01-21-2019, 02:22 PM
Member
 
pete ramberg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: montana
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 22
And??
Quote:
Originally Posted by dimi123 View Post
Epson TW9300 (5040/6040): 4500-6700:1 native contrast, 412:1 ANSI contrast, measured by cine4home

Epson TW9400 (5050/6050): 4500-7000:1 native contrast, 455:1 ANSI contrast, measured by cine4home
pete ramberg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off