Originally Posted by soyhakan
- Can this projector show Netflix 4k and hdr with it's internal app?
- Can this projector show Youtube 4k and hdr with it's internal app?
- Can we install third party apps from google play?
- When will europe version out?
I've owned one for a week, and I'll give you some feedback; but I'm not a pj aficionado.
1. Internal Netflix? Not 4K in my experience. Honestly, I think it looked worse than my old chromecast dongle (1080p). Maybe it was displaying content at only 720p. I ordered a 4K Roku stick+ because I thought I'd need it to see 4K content.
2. Internal Youtube? A couple processes seem to be available here, not clear what the projector software is actually doing. First, The original software available was not the official Google Youtube app. I didn't even try that fake app. But second, related to this, there was a recent software update from Optoma for the whole pj, and since then I have the option to use my smartphone to cast directly to the projector. Using that feature last night, I used my smartphone Youtube app to direct the projector to 4K Youtube content. Some astronomy content cast to the pj through my phone looked incredible, but I'm not sure sure how to quickly verify if something on Youtube is displaying at 4K or not. Also, I'm not sure what pj software was being used to stream that--it seems like it might be different than the fake Youtube app.
3. Google Play: Maybe you could sideload from a USB stick, but I haven't tried that yet.
4. Europe: No idea, sorry.