Optoma UHD i5 4k (0.47) LED projector - Page 5 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes

post #121 of 129 Old 11-03-2018, 05:38 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Seems mobile attachment not works well, try image link here again.

Ready Player One UHD BD

From youtube apps in XB1X in 4K
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #122 of 129 Old 08-01-2019, 07:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wesleytansg View Post
Roni44:

I am not concerned about the China App at all. I use a Minix Android media box and XMBC (a form of KODI) to stream my movies from my PC which acts as a server. Most of my shows are mkvs between 10GB to 20GB so no worries about qualities.

JackB: I will not be worried about the brightness if you have a light controlled room. It seems that the image will only be totally washed out when my light are on and I must clarify that my light is actually quite bright and white and directly shining down from right into the path of the projector from the screen. Once my lights are off, the i5 gives a much more brilliant performance.

Sadly I have not been able to use the projector to play any of my 3D mkvs be it SBS or TB. The 3D option just does not light up for me to select unless I switch the HDMI Eq but once I do that the image goes crazy. No idea what is HDMI Eq. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

When I am free I may upload some photos of the image. Videoing the screen causes the refresh issue similar to old school odd-even field scanning of the CRT TVs (something which I had not experience in a long time since progressive scanning was introduced). I may need to change my phone video recording shutter speed to match the frequency of the wobulation.
Hi,
Was curious on how you got the 3D working. I just the Optoma UHL55, purchased from US, which is the same projector and have been facing the same problem, expect that in my case, 3D option always shows up whenever 3D content is playing on my Nvidia Shield, but whenever I turn it off, the screen shows some lines and gradually shows black screen after that, and becomes unusable. Would be glad, if you could help me out ?
post #123 of 129 Old 08-17-2019, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy Optoma UHL55 no 3D with MKV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankit Pahuja View Post
Hi,
Was curious on how you got the 3D working. I just the Optoma UHL55, purchased from US, which is the same projector and have been facing the same problem, expect that in my case, 3D option always shows up whenever 3D content is playing on my Nvidia Shield, but whenever I turn it off, the screen shows some lines and gradually shows black screen after that, and becomes unusable. Would be glad, if you could help me out ?

Hi did you solve the problem?

I have the same problems.

With normal 3D Blu Ray i can play 3D but with my own 3D MKV files screen errors.

I have the problem with the Xbox One S and PC Windows 10.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #124 of 129 Old 08-29-2019, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by soyhakan View Post
Few questions:
  1. Can this projector show Netflix 4k and hdr with it's internal app?
  2. Can this projector show Youtube 4k and hdr with it's internal app?
  3. Can we install third party apps from google play?
  4. When will europe version out?

I've owned one for a week, and I'll give you some feedback; but I'm not a pj aficionado.

1. Internal Netflix? Not 4K in my experience. Honestly, I think it looked worse than my old chromecast dongle (1080p). Maybe it was displaying content at only 720p. I ordered a 4K Roku stick+ because I thought I'd need it to see 4K content.

2. Internal Youtube? A couple processes seem to be available here, not clear what the projector software is actually doing. First, The original software available was not the official Google Youtube app. I didn't even try that fake app. But second, related to this, there was a recent software update from Optoma for the whole pj, and since then I have the option to use my smartphone to cast directly to the projector. Using that feature last night, I used my smartphone Youtube app to direct the projector to 4K Youtube content. Some astronomy content cast to the pj through my phone looked incredible, but I'm not sure sure how to quickly verify if something on Youtube is displaying at 4K or not. Also, I'm not sure what pj software was being used to stream that--it seems like it might be different than the fake Youtube app.

3. Google Play: Maybe you could sideload from a USB stick, but I haven't tried that yet.

4. Europe: No idea, sorry.
post #125 of 129 Old 09-25-2019, 08:15 AM

Liked: 12
I bought this projector in The Netherlands, it should arrive today. Going to be a big upgrade from my acer K330 that lasted me 9 years (And is still working fine). LED beamers are great
post #126 of 129 Old 09-25-2019, 02:28 PM

Liked: 12
Installed it, and tried it out

its going back.

High pitched noise as discussed in this review is unbearable: https://www.avforums.com/review/opto...r-review.15915

Also autofocus does not work at a distance of 4 meters and the manual focus does not respond well, I have to keep pressing and then suddenly it goes in bursts, sometimes it doesn't respond at all.

A real shame because I was blown away by the picture quality and brightness compared to my Acer K330, and that was just a full HD source.

Last edited by Ryan1981; 10-03-2019 at 06:22 AM.
post #127 of 129 Old 01-18-2020, 09:00 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1981 View Post
Installed it, and tried it out

its going back.

High pitched noise as discussed in this review is unbearable: https://www.avforums.com/review/opto...r-review.15915

Also autofocus does not work at a distance of 4 meters and the manual focus does not respond well, I have to keep pressing and then suddenly it goes in bursts, sometimes it doesn't respond at all.

A real shame because I was blown away by the picture quality and brightness compared to my Acer K330, and that was just a full HD source.
You might want to exchange it for another unit. My unit has moderate fan noise but nothing high pitched. And the remote works MUCH better when you connect it with bluetooth. If you get a new one, do all the firmware updates. It takes awhile but as you can image with multiple firmware updates, it makes a big difference.

-edit-
Ok I noticed this is an old post so no return possible, but still good info.

Last edited by HTCrazy2; 01-18-2020 at 09:04 AM.
post #128 of 129 Old 01-18-2020, 08:28 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I just bought this projector from Amazon well actually the Optoma UHL55 which is same and it looks like this is the only the user's thread I can find. I will get this tomorrow and will post my thoughts on it as well. New to the projector world but I have tried both Benq HT3550 and Optoma HD143X which I was not very impress with either of them so I settled on getting the Optoma UHD51A until I took a chance on this from good reviews from couple people that had this. Hopefully I made the right decision.
post #129 of 129 Old 02-12-2020, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrilryo View Post
Just tried with a high gain silver grey screen cloth with some kind of ALR coating, which only reflects light to limited angles to light source direction, and wow, within its sweetspot its the best matched screen with this kind of projector, the contrast, brightness, clarity and color vividness all boosted to a point like looking at a giant TV, although this is a cheap screen material that have some defects like tiny winkles and defective coating spots, but the overall quality boost from the white screen did outweights the minor defects.
Total projector newbie here... just ordered this and it will be the first projector I ever owned... had done a lot of research and settled on a benq 2050a but the faux 4k, led, and low price point were too much to pass up... I’ve gone through the thread and found the calibration settings you all use (thanks for that!)....

I’m wondering about what kind of screen I should get. I’m budget minded so it will be a silver ticket... but should I get white or grey? I’ve read that grey can help improve the low contrast and black levels.... but I’m worried grey may not pair well because the overall picture might (?) be darker and this is already only 1500 lumens.... Going to place it in a completely light controlled room so I’m optimistic about the performance I will get out of it!

Vizio M75-E1 || Onkyo TX-SR393 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k || DCM TP160 TP160C
Vizio M70-D3 || Onkyo TX-NR686 || Xbox One X || Apple TV 4k || DCM TP260 TP160C
Optoma UHL55 || Pioneer SC-95 || Sanyo 4k Blu-Ray || Apple TV 4k || DCM TFE100 TFE60 TP160
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page