Optoma UHD i5 4k (0.47) LED projector - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 13Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1 of 126 Old 05-16-2018, 05:54 AM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Optoma UHD i5 4k (0.47) LED projector

Hey guys, just want to share a information I got from local Optoma reseller (Taiwan). Besides what I have shown in the pictures I really don't have other information of pricing, release date and etc.

Specs I believe most of you able to figure it out even tho it's in Chinese and it's rated 30,000 hours. It does have built in OS/android, support Alexa, and auto focus.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	32650673_10157899161589848_3432053472256589824_n.jpg
Views:	735
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	2403416   Click image for larger version

Name:	32681736_10157899161584848_8088467709601251328_n.jpg
Views:	521
Size:	79.2 KB
ID:	2403418   Click image for larger version

Name:	32665305_10157899161599848_3346636399624323072_o.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	74.3 KB
ID:	2403420   Click image for larger version

Name:	32454704_10157899162099848_327468153690914816_n.jpg
Views:	762
Size:	35.3 KB
ID:	2403422  
roni44 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 02:49 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dongguan, CH
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 86
FYI
http://www.optoma.com.cn/product/i5/

• TI DMD 0.47 "chip for Texas instruments
• use Texas instrument BrilliantColorTM technology
• LED light source, more bright color, energy saving and environmental protection
• iso 1500 ISO21118 lumen high brightness output
•PureMotion makes the picture more fluent and smooth, and makes the main body of the moving film more vivid and three-dimensional
•HDR High Dynamic Range brings better contrast between light and dark to the picture, presenting a more natural, real and bright picture, allowing users to see more details of the picture
• 1080P blue-ray 3D support
• support Video/Audio/Photo/office
• support dolby 5.1 vocal track
• built-in 8W*2 speakers to meet the audio-visual needs of the living room
• built-in WIFI and bluetooth to meet wireless needs. Standby status can serve as bluetooth speaker
• electric/automatic focusing makes debugging more convenient
• built in Android, pre-installed at the factory, you can choose popular movies, TV dramas and movies according to your own preferences. There are all kinds of applications and new experiences every time
• support vertical trapezoid correction function to adjust the image distortion caused by the tilt of the projector


XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
wheelee is online now  
post #3 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 04:09 AM
Member
 
travis_bickle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 196
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 17
i wonder how 3d works, because the manual states 60hz max at 1080p
travis_bickle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 10:54 AM
 
Join Date: Dec 2017
Posts: 868
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 519 Post(s)
Liked: 293
Though I'm not particularly hopeful about the input lag on these, 1500 LED lumens (if accurate) is a definite buy for getting rid of lamps. Hopefully get P3 gamut too but the site doesn't mention gamut, at least not the words "DCI P3".

Things are heating up (metaphorically) for lasers and LEDs now, finally.

It looks like this model has no lens shift and they are using keystone in their pics to elevate the image.

What's the point of 4K with electronic keystone?

It does appear to have other good features, MEMC, and 3D + 0.47 4K probably means 1080p 120hz 2D support as well. Input lag will be something to watch. The throw ratio doesn't seem particularly short, so I might be interested in this one, if it's cheap enough. Of course the contrast is likely poor, but maybe with dynamic LED dimming it would have decent dynamic contrast.
BattleAxeVR is offline  
post #5 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 05:42 PM
Member
 
tony_tc_lau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
According to this online shop: $8,999 RMB which is roughly $1,400 US

https://item.jd.com/7617983.html
tony_tc_lau is offline  
post #6 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 06:50 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
FYI
http://www.optoma.com.cn/product/i5/

• TI DMD 0.47 "chip for Texas instruments
• use Texas instrument BrilliantColorTM technology
• LED light source, more bright color, energy saving and environmental protection
• iso 1500 ISO21118 lumen high brightness output
•PureMotion makes the picture more fluent and smooth, and makes the main body of the moving film more vivid and three-dimensional
•HDR High Dynamic Range brings better contrast between light and dark to the picture, presenting a more natural, real and bright picture, allowing users to see more details of the picture
• 1080P blue-ray 3D support
• support Video/Audio/Photo/office
• support dolby 5.1 vocal track
• built-in 8W*2 speakers to meet the audio-visual needs of the living room
• built-in WIFI and bluetooth to meet wireless needs. Standby status can serve as bluetooth speaker
• electric/automatic focusing makes debugging more convenient
• built in Android, pre-installed at the factory, you can choose popular movies, TV dramas and movies according to your own preferences. There are all kinds of applications and new experiences every time
• support vertical trapezoid correction function to adjust the image distortion caused by the tilt of the projector

Hi @wheelee , thanks for the translation. This is the model I'm hoping to replace my W2000/HT3050 if the images are very close to UHD50/51a. One other nice thing is Optoma Headquarter TW is right across street from where I live, I can just drop it off for any servicing and updates.
roni44 is offline  
post #7 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 08:07 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dongguan, CH
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 86
It's nice that big names are starting to go LED/ Laser & with android OS which makes their pj's an allinone media center BUT it seems that this model is only destined for the china market? It's also strange that those big name brands can't make their pj's multimedia friendly with a simple playback from a USB stick.

anyways we can hope that there is an international version of this model, when are you going to demo the i5?

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
wheelee is online now  
post #8 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 08:30 PM
Newbie
 
ErinLu's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
It's nice that big names are starting to go LED/ Laser & with android OS which makes their pj's an allinone media center BUT it seems that this model is only destined for the china market? It's also strange that those big name brands can't make their pj's multimedia friendly with a simple playback from a USB stick.

anyways we can hope that there is an international version of this model, when are you going to demo the i5?
As I know UHD51A can simple playback from a USB stick.
ErinLu is offline  
post #9 of 126 Old 05-31-2018, 08:41 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
It's nice that big names are starting to go LED/ Laser & with android OS which makes their pj's an allinone media center BUT it seems that this model is only destined for the china market? It's also strange that those big name brands can't make their pj's multimedia friendly with a simple playback from a USB stick.

anyways we can hope that there is an international version of this model, when are you going to demo the i5?
I'm not even sure if TW will get i5, but I will look hard to demo locally.
roni44 is offline  
post #10 of 126 Old 06-01-2018, 02:36 PM
Senior Member
 
jjsaustin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Posts: 218
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Here are the rest of the specs

Display technology
TI” DMD 0.47” TRP S410 4K UHD

Resolution
3840 * 2160

Output brightness
1500 ISO21118 lumens

Displayable color
1073.4 million colors (10 bit)

Projection lens
F:1.7,f: 12.615

Projection distance
1.2m~8.1m (optimized wide 80"@2.2m)

Projection size (diagonal)
30" to 300"

Projection ratio / Offset
1.2/103%

Keystone correction
V: ±30°

Image format
16:9 compatibility 4:3

scanning frequency
H: 31.000~135.000KHz, V:24Hz ~ 120Hz

Computer compatible format
VGA, SVGA XGA, HDTV(720P), WXGA, WXGA+, SXGA, UXGA, HDTV(1080p), WUXGA, UHD

Video compatible format
SDTV 480i/p, 576i/p, HDTV 720p(50/60Hz), 1080i(50/60Hz), 1080p(24/50/60Hz)
UHD 2160p(24/50/60Hz)

I/O interface
HDMI 2.0 x2, USB-A 2.0 (FW Upgrade) x1, USB-A 3.0 x1 (5V/1.5A), Headphone x1, SPDIF out x1, RJ45 x1,

Built-in speaker
8W *2

Evenness
85%

Lamp size/life
LED light source/20000h

Noise value/power consumption
28dB(ECO)/145W Max. 165W @ 220VAC, < 0.5 W (Standby)

Rated voltage
100V ~ 240V ± 10%, 50-60Hz

Volume (width x depth x height) / weight
220(W) x 220(D) x 125mm(H) (with foot) /< 4.2Kg±0.5 (Net weight)

Lifting screws
M4 x 10mm x4
jjsaustin is offline  
post #11 of 126 Old 06-01-2018, 05:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Robert Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2000
Location: The OC
Posts: 4,351
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I wonder why it's so fat?

Robert Clark
Robert Clark is offline  
post #12 of 126 Old 06-01-2018, 07:59 PM
 
rocklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
FYI
http://www.optoma.com.cn/product/i5/

• TI DMD 0.47 "chip for Texas instruments
• use Texas instrument BrilliantColorTM technology
• LED light source, more bright color, energy saving and environmental protection
• iso 1500 ISO21118 lumen high brightness output
•PureMotion makes the picture more fluent and smooth, and makes the main body of the moving film more vivid and three-dimensional
•HDR High Dynamic Range brings better contrast between light and dark to the picture, presenting a more natural, real and bright picture, allowing users to see more details of the picture
• 1080P blue-ray 3D support
• support Video/Audio/Photo/office
• support dolby 5.1 vocal track
• built-in 8W*2 speakers to meet the audio-visual needs of the living room
• built-in WIFI and bluetooth to meet wireless needs. Standby status can serve as bluetooth speaker
• electric/automatic focusing makes debugging more convenient
• built in Android, pre-installed at the factory, you can choose popular movies, TV dramas and movies according to your own preferences. There are all kinds of applications and new experiences every time
• support vertical trapezoid correction function to adjust the image distortion caused by the tilt of the projector

It's 9000rmb, about the same price as the other faux 4K projectors. Some other details that I found:

- 1500 lumens
- auto-closing lens
- built-in android system was limited compared to other system
- difficult to find system details like memory usage
- sound quality was lacking (need equaliser)
- build quality was lacking (paint peeling and scratches found)


The issue with this one is:

- built-in Android won't go well on this sub since everybody hates the idea
- long throw while most brands in China are going with UST
- too many competition

Optoma seems to be trying to create something for the Chinese market while trying to sell their other stuff. Will be interesting to see how it will play out but it might be too late for them.

Last edited by rocklee; 06-01-2018 at 08:06 PM.
rocklee is offline  
post #13 of 126 Old 06-04-2018, 06:58 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dongguan, CH
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Clark View Post
I wonder why it's so fat?
Better cooling system?

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
wheelee is online now  
post #14 of 126 Old 06-07-2018, 01:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
dreamer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2000
Location: Walnut, CA, USA
Posts: 4,065
Mentioned: 56 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjsaustin View Post
Projection ratio / Offset
1.2/103%

No zoom lens, looks like. Must be mounted 1.2x screen width, period ?

*********************
Kirk Ellis
BenQ TK800 VuTec 122" Screen, Harmon Kardon AVR 247
Psycoustic Mark III L&R Towers, Boston Center, Energy Take 5 Surrounds
dreamer is offline  
post #15 of 126 Old 06-07-2018, 09:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Ruined's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Posts: 6,843
Mentioned: 35 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2632 Post(s)
Liked: 1265
I dont have much info on this but i am guessing this unit does 500-700 lumens calibrated based on past optoma LEDs. Note this does not appear to use more powerful HLD LEDs.

Likely designed to be a entry level family led projector.

Last edited by Ruined; 06-07-2018 at 09:36 AM.
Ruined is online now  
post #16 of 126 Old 06-07-2018, 10:51 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Dongguan, CH
Posts: 488
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 86
check out the comments & pictures (chinese, use translate)

scroll all the way down
https://item.jd.com/7617983.html#none

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
wheelee is online now  
post #17 of 126 Old 06-08-2018, 02:04 PM
Member
 
tony_tc_lau's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
check out the comments & pictures (chinese, use translate)

scroll all the way down
https://item.jd.com/7617983.html#none
Comments seems to be overall very positive, regarding color, brightness and even sound. However, not sure if this is intended to be sold outside of China (Chinese streaming service app pre-installed) ...
tony_tc_lau is offline  
post #18 of 126 Old 08-09-2018, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
I had chance to see i55/UHL55(Taiwan) in person yesterday. Screen was 92in and distance to projector 2.5 meter. Overall, the image was great and price is fair. Retail @ 43000NT (1400USD). And the Taiwan sales team confirm it will be in North America shortly. For others that looking into Xgimi, Jmgo and etc, I really think Optoma is better choice since they have strong distribution network and after service. Also, just like 50/51/51a, i55/UHL55 comes with proper calibration mode which current Chinese LED based projector don't.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5229.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	700.4 KB
ID:	2439830   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5228.jpg
Views:	259
Size:	850.4 KB
ID:	2439832   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5226.jpg
Views:	343
Size:	790.0 KB
ID:	2439834   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5222.jpg
Views:	267
Size:	963.8 KB
ID:	2439836  
Sonyad likes this.
roni44 is offline  
post #19 of 126 Old 08-09-2018, 08:49 PM
 
rocklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni44 View Post
I had chance to see i55/UHL55(Taiwan) in person yesterday. Screen was 92in and distance to projector 2.5 meter. Overall, the image was great and price is fair. Retail @ 43000NT (1400USD). And the Taiwan sales team confirm it will be in North America shortly. For others that looking into Xgimi, Jmgo and etc, I really think Optoma is better choice since they have strong distribution network and after service. Also, just like 50/51/51a, i55/UHL55 comes with proper calibration mode which current Chinese LED based projector don't.
For the price it is so-so. The design is very similar to the H1/H2 but significantly more expensive. This should have been a UST from the start.

Also you are wrong again, many of the projectors from Chinese brands have no problems getting calibration.
rocklee is offline  
post #20 of 126 Old 08-09-2018, 09:37 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
For the price it is so-so. The design is very similar to the H1/H2 but significantly more expensive. This should have been a UST from the start.
Well, besides Jmgo UST, I have not seen faux 4K LED around this price, agreed on the outlook design, I much prefer H1/H2. And agree on UST, that's why I'm waiting on @Wheelee to see Jmgo faux 4k UST in action before I pull the trigger.

Also you are wrong again, many of the projectors from Chinese brands have no problems getting calibration.
Based on my previous experience with mine H1S, Xigmi only offers minimal on calibration, even in service mode, Xgimi locked which can't do anything about it. If Xgimi's newer model comes with more in-depth calibration option, awesome. And you are correct, besides Xgimi, I have not really played with other Chinese projectors, and I will take that back.
roni44 is offline  
post #21 of 126 Old 08-09-2018, 10:13 PM
 
rocklee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 1,032
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni44 View Post
Based on my previous experience with mine H1S, Xigmi only offers minimal on calibration, even in service mode, Xgimi locked which can't do anything about it. If Xgimi's newer model comes with more in-depth calibration option, awesome. And you are correct, besides Xgimi, I have not really played with other Chinese projectors, and I will take that back.
The XGIMI can be configured in 2 ways depending on whether the source is via HDMI or digitally, it is after all an LED projector. Everything from contrast to hue to color temperature can be configured. Most modern projectors do not suffer from the same lighting/coloring issues of past projectors and are brighter and more accurate than before. Furthermore, the H1 supports 27 certified picture and color enhancement technologies and follows the color standard DCI-P3 to "customize each frame with optimal color tone, recreating the true color tone from every original source". This is good news for all of us because it means less tinkering with picture settings.
rocklee is offline  
post #22 of 126 Old 08-09-2018, 10:19 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
The XGIMI can be configured in 2 ways depending on whether the source is via HDMI or digitally, it is after all an LED projector. Everything from contrast to hue to color temperature can be configured. Most modern projectors do not suffer from the same lighting/coloring issues of past projectors and are brighter and more accurate than before. Furthermore, the H1 supports 27 certified picture and color enhancement technologies and follows the color standard DCI-P3 to "customize each frame with optimal color tone, recreating the true color tone from every original source". This is good news for all of us because it means less tinkering with picture settings.
Good for you guys, glad you guys don't have tinkering with setting and satisfy with quality. Unfortunately, H1S just wasn't mean to be for me, and thank you for your time.
roni44 is offline  
post #23 of 126 Old 08-10-2018, 07:58 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 514
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Send a message via Skype™ to Tuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni44 View Post
And the Taiwan sales team confirm it will be in North America shortly.
JRock3x8 likes this.
Tuan is offline  
post #24 of 126 Old 08-12-2018, 06:42 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
Hi @Tuan , do you know the suggested retail price for i55/UHL55 in the US?
roni44 is offline  
post #25 of 126 Old 08-13-2018, 11:50 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 514
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Send a message via Skype™ to Tuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni44 View Post
Hi @Tuan , do you know the suggested retail price for i55/UHL55 in the US?
I know nothing, I hear nothing, I see nothing. But stay tuned for a couple weeks .
JRock3x8 likes this.
Tuan is offline  
post #26 of 126 Old 08-13-2018, 06:59 PM - Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
roni44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Seattle WA
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
I know nothing, I hear nothing, I see nothing. But stay tuned for a couple weeks .
Alright, we just have to wait and see.
roni44 is offline  
post #27 of 126 Old 08-24-2018, 08:51 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 47
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Taiwanese specs are out: https://www.optoma.com/tw/product/uhl55/
A few articles also state Alexa and Google Assistant support; along with apps like Netflix, NBA, Spotify...etc. This is getting more exciting. (reference: http://www.stufftaiwan.com/2018/08/1...C%83%E5%A5%BD/ )

It does seem that it's not using the official Android TV system, and instead it's a modified for TV version of Android 6.0. The apps seem to be the one you can get through Aptoid marketplace (therefore, whether the Netflix app may not be the one supporting 1080p and above).

That said, we won't know for certain until it's officially released and also ported for international release. I won't be surprised that it is in the middle of getting certifications for the international release.

If it does have official Alexa and Android TV support (along with Netflix, Hulu...etc), this may just sell like hot cakes.
springroll2000 is offline  
post #28 of 126 Old 08-24-2018, 10:24 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JRock3x8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 3,980
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1853 Post(s)
Liked: 618
Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleAxeVR View Post
Things are heating up (metaphorically) for lasers and LEDs
BOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Bad pun! (Ok I actually kinda liked it)

Unrelated : @Tuan - you're so coy!

also have to agree that if the screen ratio is fixed I don't follow why this is not a UST.

Last edited by JRock3x8; 08-24-2018 at 10:29 AM.
JRock3x8 is offline  
post #29 of 126 Old 08-24-2018, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Tuan's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: Tacoma, WA
Posts: 514
Mentioned: 68 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 254
Send a message via Skype™ to Tuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post

Unrelated : @Tuan - you're so coy!

also have to agree that if the screen ratio is fixed I don't follow why this is not a UST.
*sigh*
Tuan is offline  
post #30 of 126 Old 08-25-2018, 06:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,810
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1453 Post(s)
Liked: 357
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
I know nothing, I hear nothing, I see nothing. But stay tuned for a couple weeks .
Tuan,

Any chance we might see this at Cedia? Will Optoma be exhibiting there?

Jack
JackB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off