Official XGIMI H2 Review and xgimi h2 aurora User Club - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 27Likes

post #31 of 271 Old 07-18-2018, 11:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I wanted to buy the H1 but with the H2 right around the corner, I literally can't now. How much does the H2 chinese version costs with a delivery in Europe? Any recommendation for a website where to order it? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 271 Old 07-19-2018, 12:29 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakatana View Post
I wanted to buy the H1 but with the H2 right around the corner, I literally can't now. How much does the H2 chinese version costs with a delivery in Europe? Any recommendation for a website where to order it? Thanks
i used both H1 and H1s, H2 is much better. You will see and feel the difference.
if you watch the videos in the first post, you will see that chinese interface not a big problem.

Sent you detail by PM.
post #33 of 271 Old 07-19-2018, 04:01 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 86
some russian guy can change the firmware of those chinese units to english/ international but i guess we need to pay.
BUT after that i'm not sure if you can update the firmware anymore as xgimi periodically releases new firmwares.

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 271 Old 07-19-2018, 07:27 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
some russian guy can change the firmware of those chinese units to english/ international but i guess we need to pay.
BUT after that i'm not sure if you can update the firmware anymore as xgimi periodically releases new firmwares.
Yes i read a topic "russification" but did not see anyone who makes English translation. Can you share if possible. Maybe some users wants to do that.
post #35 of 271 Old 07-19-2018, 08:41 AM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by bedrikan View Post
Yes i read a topic "russification" but did not see anyone who makes English translation. Can you share if possible. Maybe some users wants to do that.
check this out, maybe you can get info from him

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #36 of 271 Old 07-19-2018, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Thank you
post #37 of 271 Old 07-19-2018, 06:49 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
This is interesting. I am curious how he did it. It didn't seem like just a new launcher. It looks like he actually changed the firmware by using his own interface.
Let us know what you find out!
Still no official words from Xgimi about the international H2 release. I did learn from them that it will be more expensive than the US version. The reasons I got were the typical support, shipping, firmware development. One thing interesting was that it is also for paying for the certifications needed. I am curious what certifications that they are paying for.
post #38 of 271 Old 07-19-2018, 10:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by springroll2000 View Post
This is interesting. I am curious how he did it. It didn't seem like just a new launcher. It looks like he actually changed the firmware by using his own interface.
Still no official words from Xgimi about the international H2 release. I did learn from them that it will be more expensive than the US version. The reasons I got were the typical support, shipping, firmware development. One thing interesting was that it is also for paying for the certifications needed. I am curious what certifications that they are paying for.
All sellers on Aliexpress told me that H2 international will be released in the begining of 2019 (my opinion: it is too late)
i heard that xgimi is talking with Google and Netflix for certifications. Thats why it could be expensive.
post #39 of 271 Old 07-20-2018, 03:54 AM

If they can actually get the proper Android TV OS on it, it'd be worth waiting and the extra few bucks, in my opinion.

Quote:
Quote:
All sellers on Aliexpress told me that H2 international will be released in the begining of 2019 (my opinion: it is too late)
i heard that xgimi is talking with Google and Netflix for certifications. Thats why it could be expensive.
post #40 of 271 Old 07-20-2018, 04:17 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
If they can actually get the proper Android TV OS on it, it'd be worth waiting and the extra few bucks, in my opinion.
agree
post #41 of 271 Old 07-20-2018, 05:01 AM

Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 45
How about the Aurora version? Looks like the H2 Aurora is already out with 1500 lumens?
post #42 of 271 Old 07-20-2018, 05:47 AM

But who knows if that's what they are trying to accomplish. Too bad they aren't shedding any lights on this. I think a little spoilers here and there would keep the fans and would be fans engaged. Very little was said in the official channels other than "soon".

Quote:
Quote:
agree
post #43 of 271 Old 07-20-2018, 06:39 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
But who knows if that's what they are trying to accomplish. Too bad they aren't shedding any lights on this. I think a little spoilers here and there would keep the fans and would be fans engaged. Very little was said in the official channels other than "soon".
I think they dont want to shadow the sale of H1. But people alreadry heard H2 and waiting for that.
After i use H2 (even it is china version), i definitely recommend it.
i will record a video to show daylight performance. it is really good enough for daily use.
post #44 of 271 Old 07-22-2018, 01:00 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by zakatana View Post
Did you find a good place to order it? I've read all the threads but not really found any good answer. I'm also located in the EU (Nordic Region) and since the tolls and duties are quite substantial I'm preferably looking for a shop that can send it via another EU-country or simply the cheapest H2 (or even H1) and pay the fees.

Very happy I found this forum. I had almost decided to buy a Anker Nebula Mars 2 for a whole lot of money since it's not available in my country when finding that I would get so much better specs and bang for my buck with a XGIMI. Mostly interested in the H2, H1 and Z6 (in that order). Any help with this matter will be greatly appreciated.
post #45 of 271 Old 07-22-2018, 04:14 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
I think they dont want to shadow the sale of H1. But people alreadry heard H2 and waiting for that.
After i use H2 (even it is china version), i definitely recommend it.
i will record a video to show daylight performance. it is really good enough for daily use.
I don't think that is the case, the H1 replaced their popular Z4 models, and as you know they released the H1S which also sold quite well.

You're right that the H2 is a significant upgrade of the H1, but they are all at different price points for different people. So if people want 1080p, wifi, speakers and the ability to play 4K (downscaled) at a budget then the H1 would make sense for $500 (The 1080p Z6 would be even cheaper). If you want the middle of the road model then the H1S would be fine.

If you want the latest and best, then go for the H2.

In fact, this thread is making me want to get one too
post #46 of 271 Old 07-26-2018, 04:50 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 1269 Post(s)
Liked: 2074
Posts removed

Quote:
No street price talk or retail links please.

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #47 of 271 Old 07-28-2018, 01:19 PM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 30
H2 lens 9 lenses, 6 glass and 3 plastic, H2 Aurora all lenses are glass and is made by the lens enlightenment treatment in pairs of metals.
post #48 of 271 Old 07-29-2018, 10:15 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by esegan View Post
H2 lens 9 lenses, 6 glass and 3 plastic, H2 Aurora all lenses are glass and is made by the lens enlightenment treatment in pairs of metals.
What is the disadvantage of plastic lens?
As i read picture quality is same with glass
post #49 of 271 Old 07-30-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
What is the disadvantage of plastic lens?
As i read picture quality is same with glass
For projectors in this price range? Nothing.

Plastic lenses in general are less scratch resistant, which is not an issue with projectors since they're not made to be portable or work against the elements like camera lenses do.

They are less heat resistant compared to glass which would be a big concern for projectors running at high temperatures (ie. high lumens lamp based projectors). For LED/laser it's not a problem at all as they run a lot cooler than bulb.

Other than that, there aren't any differences between plastic and glass lens. There are many good camera lenses that are made of plastic, likewise with reading glasses.

The only advantage to having glass is if you need to project further away or heavy use during the day time, thus requiring a projector with higher lumens which will naturally run hotter.
bedrikan likes this.
post #50 of 271 Old 08-02-2018, 10:26 PM - Thread Starter

i am having problem with Bluetooth connection to my soundbar (Samsung). There is about 100ms lag between audio and video.
Anyone has this problem? What could be the solution?

PS: i am manually syncing sound and video on VLC player or Kodi everytime.

PS2: When i use Mi TV Box, there is no such problem like this. Everything ok.
post #51 of 271 Old 08-04-2018, 12:06 AM

Quote:
i am having problem with Bluetooth connection to my soundbar (Samsung). There is about 100ms lag between audio and video.
Anyone has this problem? What could be the solution?

PS: i am manually syncing sound and video on VLC player or Kodi everytime.

PS2: When i use Mi TV Box, there is no such problem like this. Everything ok.

I just got back to Japan and am very tired

About your question, usually bluetooth latency relates to the source rather than the receiver, if they're not running the latest versions of bluetooth or aptX then there will be some delays. If that's not the case then report it to XGIMI for their next software update.
post #52 of 271 Old 08-05-2018, 12:09 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocklee View Post
About your question, usually bluetooth latency relates to the source rather than the receiver, if they're not running the latest versions of bluetooth or aptX then there will be some delays. If that's not the case then report it to XGIMI for their next software update.
I also have a sound delay of 1-2 seconds and intermittent sound loss and hoarsely and users also complain about it. I don't think that's a source problem. I have a console Klll pro (processor 812, video mali 820) I think can not be called a very old and weak iron. LG 1500 and 80 projectors are well transmitted sound by Bluetooth on my new DAC / Bluetooth and TV console Klll pro is also well transmits sound by Bluetooth, the only problem is H2. I think either is a weak iron, but rather a problem with the curve firmware.
post #53 of 271 Old 08-05-2018, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by esegan View Post
I also have a sound delay of 1-2 seconds and intermittent sound loss and hoarsely and users also complain about it. I don't think that's a source problem. I have a console Klll pro (processor 812, video mali 820) I think can not be called a very old and weak iron. LG 1500 and 80 projectors are well transmitted sound by Bluetooth on my new DAC / Bluetooth and TV console Klll pro is also well transmits sound by Bluetooth, the only problem is H2. I think either is a weak iron, but rather a problem with the curve firmware.
This certainly hasn't been my experience since I use bluetooth headphones/earphones with my H1 and now Lune, I would have noticed 1-2 seconds of delay which would have been very annoying...and I haven't.
post #54 of 271 Old 08-05-2018, 06:36 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
What a great forum, so happy to have found you guys.

The only thing holding me back from ordering the Chinese version would be the image settings menu, which seems to be in Chinese only. I would use a FireTV for the rest anyway.

Since my Turkish is also not very good, @bedrikan , is there any chance of doing an English walkthrough of the menu? Thank you!
post #55 of 271 Old 08-05-2018, 09:56 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magnushu View Post
What a great forum, so happy to have found you guys.

The only thing holding me back from ordering the Chinese version would be the image settings menu, which seems to be in Chinese only. I would use a FireTV for the rest anyway.

Since my Turkish is also not very good, @bedrikan , is there any chance of doing an English walkthrough of the menu? Thank you!
for the settings i use google translate application in camera mode (chinese to English). it works very well for me.
After a while you will not need that anymore too.
Magnushu likes this.
post #56 of 271 Old 08-05-2018, 10:02 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
This certainly hasn't been my experience since I use bluetooth headphones/earphones with my H1 and now Lune, I would have noticed 1-2 seconds of delay which would have been very annoying...and I haven't.
really weird situation guys. and you are right it is very annoying. i dont want to sync audio/video everytime.
i reported this issue but nothing replied.

Do you guys have any contact or email to report there issues? @rocklee @ esegan
post #57 of 271 Old 08-05-2018, 05:55 PM

Quote:
really weird situation guys. and you are right it is very annoying. i dont want to sync audio/video everytime.
i reported this issue but nothing replied.

Do you guys have any contact or email to report there issues? @rocklee @ esegan
A couple of solutions:

1. Create a script just for bluetooth audio usage in Kodi or your media player to synce audio/video. Visit the Kodi forums and ask around on how to do this. It may be a matter of creating a shortcut with parameters just like what we did on Windows. Try other media players if they can do this. I'm pretty sure this would solve your issue since it's all about timing configuration which the software can handle.

2. Wire the speakers until XGIMI gets back. I believe you are already a user on the Chinese forum right? That would be your best start for inquiries. I'm not sure if anybody else has gone as far as trying to sync their bluetooth speakers to their projectors for movies, as most use their amp/speaker systems via ARC or they use their projectors as speakers.

Last edited by rocklee; 08-05-2018 at 05:59 PM.
post #58 of 271 Old 08-06-2018, 10:38 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
A couple of solutions:

1. Create a script just for bluetooth audio usage in Kodi or your media player to synce audio/video. Visit the Kodi forums and ask around on how to do this. It may be a matter of creating a shortcut with parameters just like what we did on Windows. Try other media players if they can do this. I'm pretty sure this would solve your issue since it's all about timing configuration which the software can handle.

2. Wire the speakers until XGIMI gets back. I believe you are already a user on the Chinese forum right? That would be your best start for inquiries. I'm not sure if anybody else has gone as far as trying to sync their bluetooth speakers to their projectors for movies, as most use their amp/speaker systems via ARC or they use their projectors as speakers.
Thanks for the advices @rocklee.
i already opened a thread on xgimi forum. Yes there are some also having these problems. one of admin wrote H2 has built-in speakers and no need external speaker. sounds not logical to me, funny

But there is something wrong about this situation. maybe it is about my speaker or it is about xgimi bluetooth module. Because i also had this isssu on my H1 and H1s. i also recorded a video about that, here it is:

post #59 of 271 Old 08-07-2018, 09:08 PM

Quote:
Thanks for the advices @rocklee.
i already opened a thread on xgimi forum. Yes there are some also having these problems. one of admin wrote H2 has built-in speakers and no need external speaker. sounds not logical to me, funny

But there is something wrong about this situation. maybe it is about my speaker or it is about xgimi bluetooth module. Because i also had this isssu on my H1 and H1s. i also recorded a video about that, here it is:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4SjKVsf_Fqc
The admin is right. Streaming audio from the XGIMI to bluetooth devices during video playback isn't a typical way to enjoy movies, it is primarily set up to stream music from smartphones or connect mouse, gamepads etc. To take advantage of multi-channel audio you use the 3.5mm sound jack or HDMI ARC to connect to your stereo amp and then your 3.1/5.1 speaker setup.

I haven't noticed the kind of 1 to 2 second latency (a seriously long time to be honest) that you've described when I used my bluetooth headphones (Bluedio), maybe I'm using the latest version of bluetooth which certainly helps. Anything delayed longer than 0.25 seconds would certainly be annoying to me! Thankfully I haven't noticed that.

Streaming AV over bluetooth isn't quite there yet compared to wifi as the speed isn't there (25Mbps vs 250Mbps). Would the situation improve if you use a wifi/audio adapter in this case? Since you're not going for portability in your HT setup, there are really no advantages for using bluetooth for what you're trying to do when wifi would do a better job. Look into this as well.

Otherwise a shortcut to Kodi with pre-settings would be the first solution I would go for.

The XGIMIs are amazingly capable smart devices, but they're not replacements for high end desktop PCs with dedicated audio and graphics

Last edited by rocklee; 08-07-2018 at 10:35 PM.
post #60 of 271 Old 08-09-2018, 11:27 AM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Guys, what do you think about the color accuracy and black level on the h2?

Enviado de meu MI 6 usando o Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page