Official XGIMI Lune thread and review (No Price Talk) - Page 10 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #271 of 341 Old 01-07-2019, 09:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrift View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
it's in the "about" menu then press the Left Key a few times & this will come out, just be careful as one of the menu can reset the machine to factory default
Oh wow. Huh. I'm surprised no one in this thread has said anything about it till now. I could see this being pretty useful, especially when doing calibration. Do you know what that Watch Dog feature is that I mentioned seeing?
It was shared before in other Xgimi projector threads, I think it was discovered by some Russian users hence known as "Russian secret menu". Based on my limited knowledge, the picture settings (eg colour and brightness etc) are the same as those already available in the normal menu.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #272 of 341 Old 01-07-2019, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by schumy View Post
It was shared before in other Xgimi projector threads, I think it was discovered by some Russian users hence known as "Russian secret menu". Based on my limited knowledge, the picture settings (eg colour and brightness etc) are the same as those already available in the normal menu.
Oh, well that's cool. Still, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here earlier. Would have been nice to know.

Source: Windows 10 Pro, i5-4690K CPU @ 3.50GHz, 16 GB RAM, GTX 1070
Receiver: Onkyo TX-NR676 in a 5.1.2 audio configuration
Video Output: XGIMI Lune (XJ01V), XYScreen Pet Crystal screen
post #273 of 341 Old 01-07-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Oh, well that's cool. Still, I'm surprised it wasn't mentioned here earlier. Would have been nice to know.
Right. Too many posts in some threads. And I am not sure if it is just me or not but I cant get the search function on AVS forum to limit to a single thread (ie can only search across the entire website with numerous threads), which makes searching on a specific topic of a model/machine (eg "Lune HDR") practically impossible.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #274 of 341 Old 01-07-2019, 10:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Right. Too many posts in some threads. And I am not sure if it is just me or not but I cant get the search function on AVS forum to limit to a single thread (ie can only search across the entire website with numerous threads), which makes searching on a specific topic of a model/machine (eg "Lune HDR") practically impossible.
Well I might be able to help you out with that one.

Go to the Forum you want to search, and click on "Search This Forum" which will offer a drop-down to search by thread or post.

Here are the results for Lune:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/searc...chid=162815750

post #275 of 341 Old 01-08-2019, 07:47 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Well I might be able to help you out with that one.

Go to the Forum you want to search, and click on "Search This Forum" which will offer a drop-down to search by thread or post.

Here are the results for Lune:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/searc...chid=162815750
Thanks buddy but it doesn't work on mine, forum search is greyed out on mine (see attached, same even if I use desktop), and the link of your search result says "no result" (see second attached screen cap). My guess is my member category has limited functions.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190108-224320_Chrome_1546958798723.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	336.7 KB
ID:	2507644   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20190108-224246_Chrome_1546958813894.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	529.4 KB
ID:	2507646  
post #276 of 341 Old 01-08-2019, 02:15 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello, can you tell me where is the about menu? thanks
post #277 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juan Martin de la Llosa View Post
Yeah, I'm curious too. I know there's a system information menu, but clicking on the left remote button didn't pop anything up. In fact, I tried as many menus as I could think of, and none of them produced results.

post #278 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by adra View Post
Can you explain how to do it? Thanks
post #279 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Quote:
Yeah, I'm curious too. I know there's a system information menu, but clicking on the left remote button didn't pop anything up. In fact, I tried as many menus as I could think of, and none of them produced results.
Below is from a previous post on this forum. The About (or Information) page is the second icon under the System Setting row, part of the Setting menu. If you still can't find it let me know I'll post some screen shots tomorrow.

01:41 PM 08-17-2017
germanojose
Russian forum discovered a "Secret Menu" and can enable ADB enter on Recovery Mode, and other stuff, maybe a future Root.
To see the "Secret Menu" enter on "System Settings" after enter in "About" After enter "About" menu 🆒press and hold left, and will show a menu in Chinese with options.

Last edited by schumy; 01-09-2019 at 11:10 AM.
post #280 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 11:19 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Below is from a previous post on this forum. The About (or Information) page is the second icon under the System Setting row, part of the Setting menu. If you still can't find it let me know I'll post some screen shots tomorrow.

germanojose
Russian forum discovered a "Secret Menu" and can enable ADB enter on Recovery Mode, and other stuff, maybe a future Root.
To see the "Secret Menu" enter on "System Settings" after enter in "About" After enter "About" menu 🆒press and hold left, and will show a menu in Chinese with options.
anyone out there know of any videos comparing this to the wemax? also I would love to see a comparison to the hisense and the brandy new LG that was just announced at CES 2019: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...ctor-ces-2019/
https://www.digitalstudiome.com/tech...or-at-ces-2019

thanks
post #281 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 11:25 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
this thing looks sick CES 2019 - thrice color lasers! TRICHROMA

post #282 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 01:02 PM

Quote:

germanojose
Ok thanks, will try later..thanks
post #283 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 01:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

germanojose
Ok, I had seen the "About" menu (and yeah, in Google's translator it's called something like "Information Menu"), but I was clicking the left button, not holding it down. Entering the Information Menu, and holding down the left button produces a different screen though:

I was finally able to get the original menu to appear by holding down the right button instead. I'm glad to have the ability to get to it this way, but it's sort of useless if you're attempting to alter picture color since the source can't be seen behind the Information Menu. Wish I could figure out how I was able to display it overlaying my PCs screen so I could run calibration software under it.

post #284 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defeedme View Post
anyone out there know of any videos comparing this to the wemax? also I would love to see a comparison to the hisense and the brandy new LG that was just announced at CES 2019: https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-t...ctor-ces-2019/
thanks
Yep, those definitely look nice. I wonder how much they're simply Johnny-Come-Lately's compared to the Lune 4k and the JMGO SA (or whatever their top of the line UST laser 4k projector is called). Nice to see competition though. Hope I won't have to upgrade again too soon, but it's hard to get all of the features the Lune 1080 has for its price.

As far as I know there are no Wemax One Pro vs. Lune 1080p comparison videos. People have discussed the comparison in this forum and have highlighted that the Lune is brighter and better looking, but that's about it so far. There is a comparison of the Lune 1080p vs the Xiaomi Mi, but you may have already seen that one:

defeedme likes this.

post #285 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by defeedme View Post
this thing looks sick CES 2019 - thrice color lasers! TRICHROMA
Yeah, and I even like the design of the projector itself. The Lune looks really goofy, in my opinion. Not sure what they were thinking with the rounded design. Looks like a giant Dove soap bar, but I guess it's what's on the inside that counts.
defeedme likes this.

post #286 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 05:41 PM

[QUOTE=defeedme;57406966]
Quote:
Originally Posted by
anyone out there know of any videos comparing this to the wemax? also I would love to see a comparison to the hisense and the brandy new LG that was just announced at CES 2019: [url
https://www.digitaltrends.com/home-theater/lg-cinebam-ultra-short-throw-dual-laser-projector-ces-2019/[/url]

thanks
This LG looks interesting. It should have a better and more reliable OS with more useable apps. Based on the very limited videos and photos available, picture quality seems not much better than Lune (especially the contrast, you can see the dark bar at the bottom of the demo movie appears as grey). I wonder how much it will cost and when will it be released in the market.
defeedme likes this.
post #287 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 07:08 PM

[QUOTE=adrift;57407824]
Quote:
Originally Posted by

I [I
was[/I] finally able to get the original menu to appear by holding down the right button instead. I'm glad to have the ability to get to it this way, but it's sort of useless if you're attempting to alter picture color since the source can't be seen behind the Information Menu. Wish I could figure out how I was able to display it overlaying my PCs screen so I could run calibration software under it.
Adrift, the "right button" secret menu you discovered is new to me. (The Russian secret menu that I was aware of is the "left button" menu). From a very quick look, picture adjustment available in the "right button" menu seems to be the same as those available in normal menu, if that is correct, you are not losing out anything.

More interesting to me is that this new secret menu seems to offer other new (non picture/colour related) adjustments which I have not yet figured out what they are based on the acronyms used. I hope there is a setting which can fix (darken) the light border of my machine (if anyone finds anything like that, please do let me know, many thanks! ).

One thing I found from the menu appears to be the screen of a built-in tv tuner, which implies that if the projector has a physical tv antenna jack for the signal and the right software, it may be able to display tv programs.
post #288 of 341 Old 01-09-2019, 07:19 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Adrift, the "right button" secret menu you discovered is new to me. (The Russian secret menu that I was aware of is the "left button" menu). From a very quick look, picture adjustment available in the "right button" menu seems to be the same as those available in normal menu, if that is correct, you are not losing out anything.

True, but it's still nice to have in English for quick reference

Quote:
More interesting to me is that this new secret menu seems to offer other new (non picture/colour related) adjustments which I have not yet figured out what they are based on the acronyms used. I hope there is a setting which can fix (darken) the light border of my machine (if anyone finds anything like that, please do let me know, many thanks! ).

I figured the "light border" was supposed to be a bit of a feature rather than a flaw, or maybe even just excess light bouncing off the screen. Seems a lot of folks actually put backlighting behind their screens for a more pronounced effect. I'm not a big fan of it personally, but it's not that big of a deal for me. What I'm really wondering is if there's a way to turn off the dang Chinese film/tv ads when you turn the projector on, or that appear sometimes a few minutes afterwards.

Quote:
One thing I found from the menu appears to be the screen of a built-in tv tuner, which implies that if the projector has a physical tv antenna jack for the signal and the right software, it may be able to display tv programs.

Huh. Yeah, that is interesting. Like I said up-thread, I'm really curious about what that "Watchdog" item is under Other Options. I turned it off just to see what it would do, but haven't noticed anything yet. I'm also wondering what that PEQ submenu is all about.

post #289 of 341 Old 01-11-2019, 09:06 PM

Huh. Yeah, that is interesting. Like I said up-thread, I'm really curious about what that "Watchdog" item is under Other Options. I turned it off just to see what it would do, but haven't noticed anything yet. I'm also wondering what that PEQ submenu is all about.[/QUOTE]

I have turned off the "Watchdog" too, somehow it gives me comfort with it turned off...

I tend to agree with you on the light border. Light bouncing off the screen is definitely a contributing factor. Also the projected image size is almost bigger than my field of vision so unless I intentionally turn my eyes at the light border, it won't affect normal viewing.

The best news for me recently is the installation of the YouTube app Smart YouTube, which allows account login (hence channel subscription) and 4K resolution, and no longer need to rely on my buggy bluray player to stream YouTube.
post #290 of 341 Old 01-12-2019, 01:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
The best news for me recently is the installation of the YouTube app Smart YouTube, which allows account login (hence channel subscription) and 4K resolution, and no longer need to rely on my buggy bluray player to stream YouTube.

That's cool. I haven't installed any apps yet. Guess I don't really need to as long as my PC is my source.

post #291 of 341 Old 01-12-2019, 01:27 PM
Advanced Member

Does anyone have any information on the color gamut for the 1080p Lune?

post #292 of 341 Old 01-17-2019, 11:32 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Hi all
I have a query!!!

I ve added amazon firestick 4k to the Lune and it works pretty well. I can play any content smoothly n clearly on Lune direct from firestick . but the issue is while playing the UHD content from firestick. It shows a message that " The 4K TV/ Projector is not deteced and it downscale the UHD to 1080 P and plays. But If I play Youtube from firestick , It plays UHD with 2160p or more ...Anyone have any idea to sort this ?? Thanks in advance!!
post #293 of 341 Old 01-19-2019, 08:17 AM

Hi, finally I get my Lune ( and also H2 Aurora) global ( the guy thats sells to me in Amazon ( Kaya Projectors ) send me the instruccions and the files) is very easy.
If someone was interest send me a message.
Attached some photos

JM
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190119_121418.jpg
Views:	81
Size:	1.51 MB
ID:	2512960   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190119_121426.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	1.40 MB
ID:	2512962   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190119_121434.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	1.48 MB
ID:	2512964   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190119_121438.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	1.33 MB
ID:	2512966  
post #294 of 341 Old 01-19-2019, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Hi, finally I get my Lune ( and also H2 Aurora) global ( the guy thats sells to me in Amazon ( Kaya Projectors ) send me the instruccions and the files) is very easy.
If someone was interest send me a message.
Attached some photos

JM

Just wanted to thank you for sending a link to the file. Is there any particular reason why you chose not to make it public to everyone who might be interested in it through a link to the forum?

As excited as I was to see that I could get Aptoide, Youtube, and Netflix on the main screen, and that I could read the settings menu in English, it's a bit disappointing that the rest of the menus are still in Chinese, specifically the menus that appear when you click the third button down on the remote when you're using a separate source. It's those settings I use regularly (particularly the picture controls, and the 3D sub-menus). I almost never use the main setting menu from the XGIMI's operating system. This seems like its mostly geared towards someone who doesn't use a separate source. Even the version of Netflix you can download to XGIMI's main menu seems extremely limited, and almost like it's passing through a VPN or something.

Oh well. Guess beggars can't be choosers. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the projector. If only there was a way to turn off the dang Chinese movie ads that pop up on start up, and again about 10 minutes later. That'd made installing the language pack really worth it. There is an .exe in there called "fastboot". I wonder if that would do it, but I'm too chicken to experiment.

post #295 of 341 Old 01-19-2019, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Just wanted to thank you for sending a link to the file. Is there any particular reason why you chose not to make it public to everyone who might be interested in it through a link to the forum?

As excited as I was to see that I could get Aptoide, Youtube, and Netflix on the main screen, and that I could read the settings menu in English, it's a bit disappointing that the rest of the menus are still in Chinese, specifically the menus that appear when you click the third button down on the remote when you're using a separate source. It's those settings I use regularly (particularly the picture controls, and the 3D sub-menus). I almost never use the main setting menu from the XGIMI's operating system. This seems like its mostly geared towards someone who doesn't use a separate source. Even the version of Netflix you can download to XGIMI's main menu seems extremely limited, and almost like it's passing through a VPN or something.

Oh well. Guess beggars can't be choosers. I knew what I was getting into when I bought the projector. If only there was a way to turn off the dang Chinese movie ads that pop up on start up, and again about 10 minutes later. That'd made installing the language pack really worth it. There is an .exe in there called "fastboot". I wonder if that would do it, but I'm too chicken to experiment.
Your welcome, I dont know how to share here in a link, thats why..
I only send what send to me, but its better something in spanish (Im from Argentina) that all in chinese as I bought.
I hope that in a few weeks perhaps appears another update.
I dont use YouTube, Netflix native of the Lune, I have a Nvidia Shield that works great
Best regards

Enviado desde mi HMA-L29 mediante Tapatalk
post #296 of 341 Old 01-20-2019, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bijocv View Post
yes .. I ll post it here soon
Hi Cooper
Really sorry that I couldnt reply to your message on time ,... I usually dont check the personal messages from time to time . attaching few images of it . Its fixed to the ceiling with the normal projector suspending system we use for long throw projectors . My size of projection is 118 inch and i didnt use any screen sofar. its projected directly to the wall as its in the living room . I didint want to add a screen to the room.

Bye n take care
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_1289.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	932.1 KB
ID:	2513464   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1299.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	496.2 KB
ID:	2513466   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1298.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	813.6 KB
ID:	2513468   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1297.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	531.9 KB
ID:	2513470   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1296.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	782.1 KB
ID:	2513472  

Name:	IMG_1295.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	848.1 KB
ID:	2513474  
post #297 of 341 Old 01-20-2019, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Hi all
I have a query!!!

I ve added amazon firestick 4k to the Lune and it works pretty well. I can play any content smoothly n clearly on Lune direct from firestick . but the issue is while playing the UHD content from firestick. It shows a message that " The 4K TV/ Projector is not deteced and it downscale the UHD to 1080 P and plays. But If I play Youtube from firestick , It plays UHD with 2160p or more ...Anyone have any idea to sort this ?? Thanks in advance!!
Hi all,
Any solutions to this ?/
post #298 of 341 Old 01-20-2019, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Hi all,

Any solutions to this ?/
Sorry, but no

post #299 of 341 Old 01-20-2019, 09:16 AM

Quote:
Sorry, but no

Hi Juan,
Could you pls share the English menu update ??
post #300 of 341 Old 01-20-2019, 09:17 AM

Quote:
Hi Juan,

Could you pls share the English menu update ??
Send me a email to [email protected]

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page