Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #1 of 31 Old 07-20-2018, 05:15 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Xiaomi wemax one

Just saw that Xiaomi updated their laser projector with a new one with 7000 source lumens. Anyone using one of these?

Does it work with 110v like the older one?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 31 Old 07-21-2018, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 13
interested...
post #3 of 31 Old 07-22-2018, 08:14 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 252 Post(s)
Liked: 85
wemax one, looks nice but actual ANSI Lumens is only 1688 according to the specs posted in the store
pics are probably simulated

https://www.gizmochina.com/2018/06/3...9-on-********/

gaming

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 31 Old 09-13-2018, 08:46 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
wemax one, looks nice but actual ANSI Lumens is only 1688 according to the specs posted in the store
I've been using one of these projectors for a little over a week now. I also own a Canon WUX450, which is touted to have 4500 lumens. If the WEMAX is only 1688, which it may well be, the UST aspects make that spec a bit misleading. You see, I have a 16' diagonal screen, so the WUX450 needs to be over 20' away to fill that space, whereas the WEMAX can get pretty close to doing it at less than 2'. From what I have been seeing in actual use, this equates to a brighter image.

In comparison to my 4500 rated projector, the WEMAX is downright stunning. Brighter, sharper, more saturated colors and better contrast. I would put it up against projectors costing twice it's retail price, with no hesitation. The only use scenario I would not recommend it for is gaming. The lag is too large for anything but casual games.

I'll still keep the WUX450 for my my 16' screen, as I already have it. But if I didn't, I would have chose the WEMAX, given the opportunity to view both for comparison purposes. If I had an extra 2K laying around, I'd purchase a second unit. The one I purchased was slated to replace a 65" plasma in my living room, and I suspect that after the 96" PET Crystal screen arrives (on order), the plasma won't be missed.

And while less important for most of us, the audio output on the WEMAX is nothing short of astounding for its size.

While there are some shortcomings, mostly due to the incomplete translation from Chinese for some of the advanced features, you can get past them easily enough. The unit can be set up to bypass the chinese video marketplace fluff screens, and go directly to the active video source. You can also sideload apps without too much fuss. Youtube seems to work very well, but the only workable Netflix app is not as good in the quality department, as it would be on something like a PS4 or higher-end Roku. I suspect this situation will evolve eventually, as the adoption rate grows.

Also of note is that the unit seems to run very happily on 110v AC. Just ditch the cable which comes with the unit in favor of a $4 "mickey mouse" style laptop power supply cable. It plugs right into the unit, and requires no adapters or converters.

I'm really surprised that this unit hasn't garnered more attention than it has. Maybe I'm less picky than most here, but my expectations have been beyond exceeded with this unit.
wheelee likes this.

Last edited by RandyT2; 09-13-2018 at 08:51 AM.
post #5 of 31 Old 09-29-2018, 02:54 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyT2 View Post
I've been using one of these projectors for a little over a week now. I also own a Canon WUX450, which is touted to have 4500 lumens. If the WEMAX is only 1688, which it may well be, the UST aspects make that spec a bit misleading. You see, I have a 16' diagonal screen, so the WUX450 needs to be over 20' away to fill that space, whereas the WEMAX can get pretty close to doing it at less than 2'. From what I have been seeing in actual use, this equates to a brighter image.

In comparison to my 4500 rated projector, the WEMAX is downright stunning. Brighter, sharper, more saturated colors and better contrast. I would put it up against projectors costing twice it's retail price, with no hesitation. The only use scenario I would not recommend it for is gaming. The lag is too large for anything but casual games.

I'll still keep the WUX450 for my my 16' screen, as I already have it. But if I didn't, I would have chose the WEMAX, given the opportunity to view both for comparison purposes. If I had an extra 2K laying around, I'd purchase a second unit. The one I purchased was slated to replace a 65" plasma in my living room, and I suspect that after the 96" PET Crystal screen arrives (on order), the plasma won't be missed.

And while less important for most of us, the audio output on the WEMAX is nothing short of astounding for its size.

While there are some shortcomings, mostly due to the incomplete translation from Chinese for some of the advanced features, you can get past them easily enough. The unit can be set up to bypass the chinese video marketplace fluff screens, and go directly to the active video source. You can also sideload apps without too much fuss. Youtube seems to work very well, but the only workable Netflix app is not as good in the quality department, as it would be on something like a PS4 or higher-end Roku. I suspect this situation will evolve eventually, as the adoption rate grows.

Also of note is that the unit seems to run very happily on 110v AC. Just ditch the cable which comes with the unit in favor of a $4 "mickey mouse" style laptop power supply cable. It plugs right into the unit, and requires no adapters or converters.

I'm really surprised that this unit hasn't garnered more attention than it has. Maybe I'm less picky than most here, but my expectations have been beyond exceeded with this unit.
I maybe purchasing one of these. What kind of screen are you using while waiting for the PET to come in?
post #6 of 31 Old 09-29-2018, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjones8103 View Post
I maybe purchasing one of these. What kind of screen are you using while waiting for the PET to come in?
At the time I posted that, I was doing my testing on a stretched screen made from black-out cloth. In a reasonably dark room, it looked better than my WUX450 on the same screen.

The next day, the XYSCREENS Pet Crystal screen arrived. The assembly was pretty straightforward, once I found the correct YT video. The instructions were in english, but the pictures were so small, it was impossible to use them. The screen is delicate, so handling something that large can be a bit hair-raising. But after a few hours of re-arranging and trying to get everything lined up, I managed to get it, and the projector, perfectly positioned.

The PET Crystal screen is a bit costly, but it's very impressive. In reasonable room lighting conditions, the result looks like a 96" flat panel television, which is much larger than could have been achieved at anywhere near the same cost. I never feel like I am watching a projected image, so in my mind, that speaks volumes as to the quality of the pairing of these two technologies.
post #7 of 31 Old 09-29-2018, 10:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked: 341
Quote:
At the time I posted that, I was doing my testing on a stretched screen made from black-out cloth. In a reasonably dark room, it looked better than my WUX450 on the same screen.

The next day, the XYSCREENS Pet Crystal screen arrived. The assembly was pretty straightforward, once I found the correct YT video. The instructions were in english, but the pictures were so small, it was impossible to use them. The screen is delicate, so handling something that large can be a bit hair-raising. But after a few hours of re-arranging and trying to get everything lined up, I managed to get it, and the projector, perfectly positioned.

The PET Crystal screen is a bit costly, but it's very impressive. In reasonable room lighting conditions, the result looks like a 96" flat panel television, which is much larger than could have been achieved at anywhere near the same cost. I never feel like I am watching a projected image, so in my mind, that speaks volumes as to the quality of the pairing of these two technologies.

Hi RandyT2,
I’m strongly considering this screen anyway you can post some close up shots of the material? I’m curious to see how it compares to some of the similar UST screens out there.
post #8 of 31 Old 10-01-2018, 02:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
Hi RandyT2,
I’m strongly considering this screen anyway you can post some close up shots of the material? I’m curious to see how it compares to some of the similar UST screens out there.
I would post a photo, but there is literally no difference from my photo and the images which show the screen material on the company's site. There's also not much to be learned from looking at the screen close up.

I can say, however, the screen surface structure is so small that it disappears, even up very close, when the projector is on. The pixel structure from the projector is much more apparent than the structure of the screen surface.
post #9 of 31 Old 10-01-2018, 03:57 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I would post a photo, but there is literally no difference from my photo and the images which show the screen material on the company's site. There's also not much to be learned from looking at the screen close up.

I can say, however, the screen surface structure is so small that it disappears, even up very close, when the projector is on. The pixel structure from the projector is much more apparent than the structure of the screen surface.

Thanks, that helps. I did look at the photos from their website, and the sawtooth structure seemed rather large. Then again it’s hard to get a good scale from a photo. I think their pictures are just more zoomed in than some of the other pictures I’ve seen from other manufacturers. I was going to buy the ViewSonic BCP120 but then found a picture that showed what I believe is not a true lenticular/sawtooth material

Where as the Snowhite, Elite Screens CLR, and XY Screens look more like this
post #10 of 31 Old 10-01-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
I was going to buy the ViewSonic BCP120 but then found a picture that showed what I believe is not a true lenticular/sawtooth material
That photo looks to be the result of a poor camera+moire pattern+JPEG compression. To be honest, given the specialized nature of the material, there's probably only a couple of sources for it out there. XYScreens makes the claim that their material has a cleaner profile than the competition, whoever that is.

I doubt the ViewSonic is all that much different, but the gain on that one is specified at .6 as opposed to the .8 of the Pet Crystal. Whether that's a material difference or just one of measurement methodology is anyone's guess.
post #11 of 31 Old 10-01-2018, 10:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Xiaomi wemax one

Quote:
That photo looks to be the result of a poor camera+moire pattern+JPEG compression. To be honest, given the specialized nature of the material, there's probably only a couple of sources for it out there. XYScreens makes the claim that their material has a cleaner profile than the competition, whoever that is.

I doubt the ViewSonic is all that much different, but the gain on that one is specified at .6 as opposed to the .8 of the Pet Crystal. Whether that's a material difference or just one of measurement methodology is anyone's guess.

Yeah, I have a feeling there’s something of about that picture. Either a counterfeit or like you said a weird camera issue. I might just take a chance on the XY screen, it’s about $400 less than the ViewSonic. I have a feeling it’s just as good. Just weighing out in my head if the $400 difference is worth the piece of mind buying from Amazon. Also someone else mentioned they saw a lot of speckle with their XY Screen(I have feeling they were affiliated with Snowhite but obviously don’t know for sure). Have you noticed any speckle?
post #12 of 31 Old 10-02-2018, 07:05 AM

Quote:
I might just take a chance on the XY screen, it’s about $400 less than the ViewSonic. I have a feeling it’s just as good. Just weighing out in my head if the $400 difference is worth the piece of mind buying from Amazon. Also someone else mentioned they saw a lot of speckle with their XY Screen(I have feeling they were affiliated with Snowhite but obviously don’t know for sure). Have you noticed any speckle?
I haven't seen even a hint of "speckle". Not even sure how it would be possible with this material, unless it was physically damaged. The material is delicate, as one might expect, so any lack of care whatsoever during assembly and installation, can result in damage to the surface. If the comments in question were based on small sample testing, the sample could have been a "cut-off" which wasn't well cared for.

As for whether the $400 difference is worth piece of mind, I guess that depends on how deep your pockets are. I can only tell you that "Wendy" at XYScreens was very responsive, courteous, accommodating and professional in her communications. Mine took a little longer, as it had to be custom made to the size I had available (96" diagonal) but the screen arrived literally on the day I thought I should probably ask for a tracking number

For me, the price, ability to get a custom sized screen, speed of delivery and the quality of the end result makes purchasing the XYScreens PET Crystal a no brainer. I couldn't be happier with my choice to go the route I did.

Last edited by RandyT2; 10-04-2018 at 05:29 AM.
post #13 of 31 Old 10-02-2018, 07:23 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
I haven't seen even a hint of "speckle". Not even sure how it would be possible with this material, unless it was physically damaged. The material is delicate, as one might expect, so any lack of care whatsoever during assembly and installation, can result in damage to the surface. If the comments in question were based on small sample testing, the sample could have been a "cut-off" which wasn't well cared for.

As for whether the $400 difference is worth piece piece of mind, I guess that depends on how deep your pockets are. I can only tell you that "Wendy" at XYScreens was very responsive, courteous, accommodating and professional in her communications. Mine took a little longer, as it had to be custom made to the size I had available (96" diagonal) but the screen arrived literally on the day I thought I should probably ask for a tracking number

For me, the price, ability to get a custom sized screen, speed of delivery and the quality of the end result makes purchasing the XYScreens PET Crystal a no brainer. I couldn't be happier with my choice to go the route I did.

Thanks, that’s really cool they made a special order for you. I got my quote from Wendy as well she was very responsive, courteous and professional for me as well. Thanks for all the info it’s a big help.
post #14 of 31 Old 11-21-2018, 10:00 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Do you mind to share what type of projector screen should I buy?

There are a couple colors, white, grey? or any specific type which will work better for this Xiomi Wemax?

Thanks
post #15 of 31 Old 11-21-2018, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkurni View Post
Do you mind to share what type of projector screen should I buy?
You really need a special screen for this type of projector. XY Screen Pet Crystal is my recommendation. I probably have a couple hundred hours using it now, and my opinion of it hasn't changed.

But if the cost is an issue, and you are using it with good light control, plain white blackout material works well. It will need to be stretched flat to avoid geometry issues.
post #16 of 31 Old 11-21-2018, 09:31 PM

Grey projector screen

For budget issue, can I use Grey projector screen instead of PET Clear?
post #17 of 31 Old 11-21-2018, 09:32 PM

Quote:
You really need a special screen for this type of projector. XY Screen Pet Crystal is my recommendation. I probably have a couple hundred hours using it now, and my opinion of it hasn't changed.

But if the cost is an issue, and you are using it with good light control, plain white blackout material works well. It will need to be stretched flat to avoid geometry issues.
How about silver or grey projector screen?

Is it better than normal white?

My budget is $200-300 Projector screen (Hopefully included with the frame)

Thanks
post #18 of 31 Old 11-21-2018, 11:55 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Can you post some images ?

Quote:

Hey Randy,
Can you post some photos of the Pet Crystal in action with scenes from Dark Knight, Avengers or Transformers?

I am also interested in this screen & it's only available in 96 inch or any larger options available & also how much difference compared to normal Grey screens or Matte white screens?

How Good are the ALR properties & if you can do a shootout between any other available screen you have, then it will be great for future buyers too.

Thanks & Regards
Jerry James
post #19 of 31 Old 11-23-2018, 12:48 PM

Mijia vs Xiomi in LightInTheBox deal

LightInTheBox has Wemax deal.

But I am not sure whether this is the same product?

Original Mijia WEMAX ONE FM20 DLP Home Theater LED Projector 1688 ANSI DTS +DOLBY MIUI TV Support 1080P (1920x1080) 50-150 inch Screen / ±30°

It is called Mijia Wemax and the Ansi Lumens is less?

Does anyone know about Xiomi vs Mijia? is that the same company?
post #20 of 31 Old 12-12-2018, 12:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 20
I notice Wemax One and Wemax One Pro in one of the Chinese etailer web site have different specs. Not sure if it's going to make any difference on the screen.

Attention: The different of wemax one and wemax one pro projector
1. Wexon one Pro higher lumens (higher brightness): pro is 180nit (equivalent to 3000 lumens), while wemax one is only 2000 lumens
2.Wexon one Pro contrast is higher: pro is 4000, wemax one is 2000
3. Wexon one Pro red light proportion (more vivid colors): pro is 19%, wemax one is 16%
4. After-sales: wemax one pro projector is 3 years, the wemax is 1 year.
post #21 of 31 Old 12-12-2018, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkurni View Post
How about silver or grey projector screen?

Is it better than normal white?

My budget is $200-300 Projector screen (Hopefully included with the frame)

Thanks

The reason I recommended white with a non-UST screen was to keep the brightness up. A white screen with a small amount of texture seems to do well in a dark room. The light from a UST projector strikes the screen surface at an extreme angle, so a lot of that light doesn't get reflected back to your eyes. A UST screen fixes this, so it can get away with more.

I think a standard darker screen might reduce brightness too much, but I haven't tried it. Silver may be even worse, as a little "scatter" at the screen surface would be better than higher reflectivity, unless the light is reflected in the correct direction.
post #22 of 31 Old 12-19-2018, 02:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
I have the wemax one for three weeks and I have the following comments:

The goods
(1) while this is the first laser UST projector I own, I have to say that the picture quality is very impressive when there is sufficient light control (ie curtains closed). My wife said that the experience is similar to watching a UHD TV but definitely not as good as the latest OLED/4K TV.
(2) A flat projector screen is a must. I am using the elitescreen cinewhite screen, and I found that the contrast/colour/brightness are very nice in most lighting conditions. Having said that, I’m living in the UK, so a bright living room is not common!
(3) the build-in speaker is perfectly acceptable, definitely better than the TV speakers.
(4) the hdmi CEC works very well. I can use only the wemax one remote to control my Apple TV and fire stick tv.

The bads
(1) there is no zoom control, so the projector needs to be placed at a specific distance/position for a specific screen size. But it’s just an one off exercise.
(2) now, the biggest problem is lip sync. I tried to improve the audio quality by connecting the projector to a Sonos Beam via the wemax’s hdmi arc port. My Apple TV and fire strike tv are connected to the projector directly (there is no 4K pass-through on Sonos). There are lip sync problem under this configuration, and the issue couldn’t be resolved by adjusting the audio delay in Sonos App. The reason is that the audio is actually slower, not faster, than that the video. It seems that wemax needs some time to process/pass the raw audio signal to Sonos Beam. The issue can be resolved by choosing the “PCM’ option instead of “raw data” under the wemax sound output setting, but I’ll only get stereo from the Sonos Beam. The lip sync issue were occurring in both hdmi and optical connection configurations as long as I chose “raw data" as the sound output setting.

I probably will try purchasing a different sound bar with pass-through HDMI and avoid the lip sync issue by connecting the Apple TV and fire stick directly to the sound bar. But this method probably means that I’ll need to use two remotes.

Hope my feedback will be useful to the potential buyers of wemax one.
post #23 of 31 Old 01-06-2019, 06:49 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
wemax screen options

i'm about to buy this wemax seems like the best bang for buck in this new ust smart tv catagory - I wish I could afford the hisense dual color laser but for now it's still out of my range.. my big question is between the elite screens CLR and the XY PET brand.. the XY is very difficult to order from the USA and also quite expensive.. I'm leaning toward the elite screens CLR because it seems comparable to the XY and much easier to get here in the US.. any ideas? any direct comparisons between these 2 screens?

found this thread late lol: avsforum com/forum/23-screens/2963838-help-me-chose-screen.html

The Aeon CLR® is an EDGE FREE CLR® fixed frame screen that uses Elite’s innovative StarBright CLR® (Ceiling Light Rejecting®) material. Its serriform optical surface lens microstructure negates the washout effect of ambient light especially from overhead sources. This also enables the material to provide contrast levels that are 100 times greater than that of standard matte white projection screens.

StarBright CLR® is specifically designed for ultra-short-throw projectors to provide a large-screen performance in the close quarters of most residential or even training environments. Aeon CLR® with StarBright CLR® offers a wide viewing angle, neutral color temperature, and enhanced picture contrast in a theater-grade image.

EDGE FREE CLR® means there is an internal framework with wraparound material bordered with an ultra-thin bezel. The screen uses a Ceiling Light Rejection® technology. An LED back-lighting Kit is included for added aesthetics.

Screen Material

StarBright CLR® Ceiling Light Rejecting® material absorbs up to 95% of overhead lighting100x contrast enhancement over standard matte white screensMulti-layer optical structure filters out ambient light for superior picture qualityUltra wide viewing angle allows viewers to spread out while maintaining uniform picture qualityActive 3D, 4K Ultra HD, and HDR ReadyProduces lifelike images with superb color fidelityBlack-backing eliminates light penetrationAvailable in the following diagonal sizes:
90", 100" and 120" in 16:9 format

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gngan View Post
I have the wemax one for three weeks and I have the following comments:

The goods
(1) while this is the first laser UST projector I own, I have to say that the picture quality is very impressive when there is sufficient light control (ie curtains closed). My wife said that the experience is similar to watching a UHD TV but definitely not as good as the latest OLED/4K TV.
(2) A flat projector screen is a must. I am using the elitescreen cinewhite screen, and I found that the contrast/colour/brightness are very nice in most lighting conditions. Having said that, I’m living in the UK, so a bright living room is not common!
(3) the build-in speaker is perfectly acceptable, definitely better than the TV speakers.
(4) the hdmi CEC works very well. I can use only the wemax one remote to control my Apple TV and fire stick tv.

The bads
(1) there is no zoom control, so the projector needs to be placed at a specific distance/position for a specific screen size. But it’s just an one off exercise.
(2) now, the biggest problem is lip sync. I tried to improve the audio quality by connecting the projector to a Sonos Beam via the wemax’s hdmi arc port. My Apple TV and fire strike tv are connected to the projector directly (there is no 4K pass-through on Sonos). There are lip sync problem under this configuration, and the issue couldn’t be resolved by adjusting the audio delay in Sonos App. The reason is that the audio is actually slower, not faster, than that the video. It seems that wemax needs some time to process/pass the raw audio signal to Sonos Beam. The issue can be resolved by choosing the “PCM’ option instead of “raw data” under the wemax sound output setting, but I’ll only get stereo from the Sonos Beam. The lip sync issue were occurring in both hdmi and optical connection configurations as long as I chose “raw data" as the sound output setting.

I probably will try purchasing a different sound bar with pass-through HDMI and avoid the lip sync issue by connecting the Apple TV and fire stick directly to the sound bar. But this method probably means that I’ll need to use two remotes.

Hope my feedback will be useful to the potential buyers of wemax one.
post #24 of 31 Old 01-06-2019, 11:57 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Xiaomi wemax one

Quote:
Originally Posted by defeedme View Post
i'm about to buy this wemax seems like the best bang for buck in this new ust smart tv catagory - I wish I could afford the hisense dual color laser but for now it's still out of my range.. my big question is between the elite screens CLR and the XY PET brand.. the XY is very difficult to order from the USA and also quite expensive.. I'm leaning toward the elite screens CLR because it seems comparable to the XY and much easier to get here in the US.. any ideas? any direct comparisons between these 2 screens?

found this thread late lol: avsforum com/forum/23-screens/2963838-help-me-chose-screen.html

The Aeon CLR is an EDGE FREE CLR fixed frame screen that uses Elite’s innovative StarBright CLR (Ceiling Light Rejecting) material. Its serriform optical surface lens microstructure negates the washout effect of ambient light especially from overhead sources. This also enables the material to provide contrast levels that are 100 times greater than that of standard matte white projection screens.

StarBright CLR is specifically designed for ultra-short-throw projectors to provide a large-screen performance in the close quarters of most residential or even training environments. Aeon CLR with StarBright CLR offers a wide viewing angle, neutral color temperature, and enhanced picture contrast in a theater-grade image.

EDGE FREE CLR means there is an internal framework with wraparound material bordered with an ultra-thin bezel. The screen uses a Ceiling Light Rejection technology. An LED back-lighting Kit is included for added aesthetics.

Screen Material

StarBright CLR Ceiling Light Rejecting material absorbs up to 95% of overhead lighting100x contrast enhancement over standard matte white screensMulti-layer optical structure filters out ambient light for superior picture qualityUltra wide viewing angle allows viewers to spread out while maintaining uniform picture qualityActive 3D, 4K Ultra HD, and HDR ReadyProduces lifelike images with superb color fidelityBlack-backing eliminates light penetrationAvailable in the following diagonal sizes:

90", 100" and 120" in 16:9 format

I have a UST projector myself. I have been holding of on a screen because I want to make sure there is a good affordable 4k UST option before I commit to such an expensive screen. I have done a lot of research on these screen though. I personally have a few concerns about the elite screens CLR. First it has a Velcro tensioning system that can come loose over time according to one user on this forum. Also the frame consists of six pieces that can cause the top and bottom to be less then strait. Lastly the slim velvet boarder is a velvet tape that can peel off over time. I personally would try the ViewSonic BCP120 if I was ready to commit to a UST projector long term. Its construction seems a lot more robust and it’s also less expensive than the elite screen CLR. It’s slightly more expensive than the XY screens. Personally it’s worth the extra cost to buy a domestic product with a warranty and more accessible customer service.

Also I would wait to find out what UST projectors are announced between Jan 8-11 at CES.
post #25 of 31 Old 01-06-2019, 02:33 PM

After watching the assembly video for the Elite Screens CLR, I feel that the build of that unit is less substantial than that of the XY screens Pet Crystal. I wouldn't be comfortable with velcro keeping the screen flat and tight over time. Once you get one of these things on the wall without damaging the screen surface, you don't want to even think about taking it back down. The XY Screen's construction pretty much guarantees I won't need to. It also cost less. If for some reason you want LEDs around your screen (I certainly don't) you can buy a cheap kit on ebay to do that.
post #26 of 31 Old 01-14-2019, 07:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

post #27 of 31 Old 01-14-2019, 07:29 AM

Quote:
That article seems a bit "half-baked". They say it looks different, but the photos look just like the unit I am using, with a different logo.

I'm so pleased with what I have now that I won't be concerned about 4K until this one stops working. By then, 4K content might actually be commonplace. As it is right now, even to get full 1080p quality content, you have to view Blu-Rays and the only thing which comes close to that quality when streamed, are the 4K demos on YouTube...when they aren't stuttering due to bandwidth issues.
post #28 of 31 Old 01-31-2019, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Hi Guys,

I ordered the Wemax one pro a while ago (15/01) should arrive any day now, but I would like to already hang my ALR Lenticular 120" projection screen on the wall, but I have no idea how high it should hang..

So can anyone tell me from what height (measured from bottom of projector) the image begins when projecting on 120" screen?

thanks!
post #29 of 31 Old 02-04-2019, 01:56 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Deciding between the Wemax or the coming Mijia. So many decisions. =)
post #30 of 31 Old 02-26-2019, 10:13 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Friends, related but little off topic question.

What display parameters you are using for your wemax projector? What's the contrast, brightness, saturation etc.

Also, what source works best with it (fire tv, chrome or some other). Anything via HDMI should not matter i assume.

Any input is highly appreciated

Thanks
Voyager
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page