Jmgo U1 4K UST @ $1300 - Page 3 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 30Likes

post #61 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 01:23 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
We do not have information on the U1 in terms of ceiling mount. It will not be sold outside of China.
The S3 International 4K version cannot be ceiling mounted as we are told however this needs to be confirmed. The S3 will be released for sales soon.

That seems like an extremely odd omission. Why would anyone want to have this near floor level, or on a bench/stand when it could be mounted at the top edge of the screen and out of the way.

We agree with you. Maybe when we confirm we will have a different answer.
curtlots likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 02:54 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by JmGOUS View Post
We do not have information on the U1 in terms of ceiling mount. It will not be sold outside of China.

The S3 International 4K version cannot be ceiling mounted as we are told however this needs to be confirmed. The S3 will be released for sales soon.
Do you have any pictures, videos or other information of it and the other models that I've mentioned since you're representing the brand. It seems strange that I've posted updates on the U1 before you did.
post #63 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 03:01 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 2457 Post(s)
Liked: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
That seems like an extremely odd omission. Why would anyone want to have this near floor level, or on a bench/stand when it could be mounted at the top edge of the screen and out of the way.
Most UST projectors cannot be ceiling mounted, not unless you do it very awkwardly with a long mount or have a very low ceiling with a giant screen.
The whole point of UST is the convenience of being able to place the projector right in front of the screen, for people that don't have room behind them.
UST projectors have tiny throw ratios that are not flexible, the projector has to remain close to the screen.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #64 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 03:18 PM

Do you have any pictures, videos or other information of it and the other models that I've mentioned since you're representing the brand. It seems strange that I've posted updates on the U1 before you did.

We are not a part of JmGO however we are their official reseller in the US. Since we cannot sell the Chinese versions we really don’t have much interest in them. Plus what you read from unofficial JmGO sources does not contain correct information a lot of times.

As soon as we have the final specs for the International versions we will publish them.

Anything other than an official press release from JmGO or something posted on their website is unreliable. We don’t want to spread fake news!
post #65 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 04:23 PM

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 494 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:

We are not a part of JmGO however we are their official reseller in the US. Since we cannot sell the Chinese versions we really don’t have much interest in them. Plus what you read from unofficial JmGO sources does not contain correct information a lot of times.

As soon as we have the final specs for the International versions we will publish them.

Anything other than an official press release from JmGO or something posted on their website is unreliable. We don’t want to spread fake news!
But you said that you would have information by Thursday,

Quote:
Not today but in the next week or so it should be. Wait to see the official announcement on Thursday.
Can you point out what information on JMGO's press release or their website of the U1 that has been unreliable or fake? Chinese review sites all get their sources from one place, JMGO.

Even though this is a U1 thread, do you actually have anything on the S3 then?
post #66 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 04:51 PM

Can you point out what information on JMGO's press release or their website of the U1 that has been unreliable or fake? Chinese review sites all get their sources from one place, JMGO.
Even though this is a U1 thread, do you actually have anything on the S3 then?

That information about the Chinese version isn’t available (ceiling mount). It really doesn’t matter since they won’t be selling it out of China. We will not be selling it at JmGOUS unless they decide to make a U1 International and as far as we know there are no plans for that.

There are several sellers that claim to be the official JmGO online store that are all false. They are buying stock from other official sellers and offer no customer support.

If you find something posted on the JmGO website blog it is correct.

There is a least one review source that does not necessarily have the right information or adds to it what they think. For example they claim all JmGOs convert 2D to 3D, none do that.

We just recently learned of the S3. We have some information. We will post that on our website when it becomes available.

FYI - JmGOUS is not a part of JmGO. We are their only authorized reseller in the US.
post #67 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 17
.47" XPR DMD ?

post #68 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 09:12 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 49
There appears to be a 50% price hike.
post #69 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 10:45 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoopy View Post
There appears to be a 50% price hike.
Yes, I am very perplexed... Price in Taobao has been increased from 8999 rmb (and 7999 for the first 300 buyers) to 14999rmb... What is JMGO thinking???
post #70 of 210 Old 08-29-2018, 10:53 PM

I remember FED reminding everyone inflation is under control at less than 2%, as long as we run huge trade deficit buying cheap mic products....

Last edited by qoopy; 08-30-2018 at 03:53 AM.
post #71 of 210 Old 08-30-2018, 02:03 AM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 268 Post(s)
Liked: 86
so the X3 is 4K XPR also @ LED?

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #72 of 210 Old 08-30-2018, 03:55 AM

Price back down again, apparently after FED warning.
post #73 of 210 Old 08-30-2018, 06:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1861 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Jmgo U1 4K UST @ $1300

I guess I don’t understand the argument against ceiling mount. All you have to do is flip the picture and add mounting screw holes.

There’s just no way i am putting a $1000+ device where someone could touch it or bump it.

Edit. Also all educational use UST PJs are overhead mount. So there is most definitely precedent.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
curtlots likes this.

Last edited by JRock3x8; 08-30-2018 at 07:26 AM.
post #74 of 210 Old 08-30-2018, 06:50 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 121
@JmGOUS

Any partners in Europe?

Love to order it, but the customs fees would be half of the projector price (at least in my country).
post #75 of 210 Old 08-30-2018, 02:36 PM

Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
I guess I don’t understand the argument against ceiling mount. ...
The Xiaomi Mi UST (2017) Chinese only version had four screw holes for a ceiling mount and had various screen display modes including flipped/reverse image for any mount position or screen placement. So it does seem strange assuming the U1 (as seen in pictures) does not have the SA's retracting lens cover but even that shouldn't make a difference.
JRock3x8 likes this.
post #76 of 210 Old 08-30-2018, 03:59 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Quoted: 2457 Post(s)
Liked: 1325
Quote:
I guess I don’t understand the argument against ceiling mount. All you have to do is flip the picture and add mounting screw holes.

There’s just no way i am putting a $1000+ device where someone could touch it or bump it.

Edit. Also all educational use UST PJs are overhead mount. So there is most definitely precedent.
Most education use short throw projectors, not UST.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
post #77 of 210 Old 08-30-2018, 04:35 PM

@rocklee just curious but are you a professional UST laser projector tester?

I've been following your Wemax thread with great interest and would love to read your impressions of the U1 vs the Wemax if you end up getting a U1. In fact it was your post on keeping an eye out for the JMGO U1 that had me searching and reading about this alternative UST.

Over the last month or so I feel like a kid being distracted by a new shiny bobble every few days as new, better spec-ed, reasonable priced, laser UST's seem to pop-up. These developments seem to scream out that the US is quickly loosing the technology/innovation race but it may just be that its hitting home in an area that I was interested in paying attention to.

I really like your review thread on the Wemax so thanks.
post #78 of 210 Old 08-31-2018, 11:56 AM

Quote:
...JmGOUS is the official store for the US and Canada. We ship globally.....
I tried to send this message by PM but my post count isn't high enough yet.

JmGOUS,
I saw your post stating "JmGOUS is the official store for the US and Canada. We ship globally."
I checked your US web site but couldn't find any information about shipping to Canada. I specifically ask as courier services (UPS, FedEx ... etc) regularly gouge Canadian's by charging exorbitant brokerage fees. I have no issue paying my government's duty fees but will not let myself get ripped off by couriers.

So my questions are:
1. Can I choose a delivery service? USPS is best as the Canadian post office just charges the legal duty fees.
2. Can I add delivery insurance and tracking as a projector such as the JMGO U1 (International version) is expensive and heavy? I already know the international version isn't available until late 2018 or so.
3. What email address should I use to communicate with your sales department when the time comes to make the purchase and delivery go as smooth as possible?

Thanks for your time.
post #79 of 210 Old 08-31-2018, 12:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 317 Post(s)
Liked: 127
[quote=mikey26;56709844]
Quote:
No it’s pixel shifted. You aren’t going to see native 4k at this price for years.

Hi i understand its pixelshifted, but i just found the resolution will be 3840x2160dpi which is what I was asking. Sometimes, the chinese say 4k resolution but the projector is actually native full hd 1080p and only 4k compatible.

This one will actually show 8 million+ pixels, so its native resolution is 4k even though its pixelshifted. Great price, even for pixelshifting.

Anyone know if this can be shipped to australia? I know its chinese version only, but maybe we can still get it shipped. Tmall shows a listing with shipping to Australia, but im not sure if its legit. Anyone had experience shipping from Tmall or Taobao?
This is not correct. "Native" implies that, when looking at the imaging chips (under a microscope) you can physically count 8 million little squares...each one is mapped to a discrete pixel on screen when powered up showing a 4K signal. Everything else is not native 4K...I'm not arguing the native vs. non-native sharpness, crispness, ability to resolve a one pixel vertical line, etc. Manufacturers are to blame for all of this misinformation.
post #80 of 210 Old 08-31-2018, 12:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 133 Post(s)
Liked: 21
JmGOUS,

How loud is the U1 ? What is the decibel level when the fan is at maxed speed?

I now have the DELL UST projector S718QL but I plan to replace it with another good UST laser projector because of the loud fan noise of the Dell projector.
post #81 of 210 Old 08-31-2018, 12:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanDiegoGuy View Post
JmGOUS,

How loud is the U1 ? What is the decibel level when the fan is at maxed speed?

I now have the DELL UST projector S718QL but I plan to replace it with another good UST laser projector because of the loud fan noise of the Dell projector.
We do not have a U1 at JmGOUS and never will. JmGO is not selling them outside of China. The US version will be the S3 International due to ship in November and we do not have that information available yet. Ask again in October. We may have an answer then.
post #82 of 210 Old 08-31-2018, 01:11 PM

Quote:

We agree with you. Maybe when we confirm we will have a different answer.
Yesterday we were informed that the S3 International indeed does have image switching for upside mounting, however, JmGO is saying that they do not recommend ceiling mounting due to the sliding door that is similar to the SA. The U1 does not have the sliding door. That being said, there is a sliding door shut off feature in the SA that allows to door to be open all the time. JmGO does not sell or supply ceiling mounts so if the S3 International does have this same feature (we will know soon) then our thoughts are, yes, it can be ceiling mounted. As long as you don't damage the sliding door there should not be a problem. The S3 International does not have pop up speakers.

The photo below shows the SA in the off mode with the lens cover and popup speakers open.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SALensCoverOpen.jpg
Views:	1426
Size:	852.9 KB
ID:	2449324  
Troy LaMont likes this.

Last edited by JmGOUS; 08-31-2018 at 01:16 PM.
post #83 of 210 Old 08-31-2018, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3DSammy View Post
I tried to send this message by PM but my post count isn't high enough yet.

JmGOUS,
I saw your post stating "JmGOUS is the official store for the US and Canada. We ship globally."
I checked your US web site but couldn't find any information about shipping to Canada. I specifically ask as courier services (UPS, FedEx ... etc) regularly gouge Canadian's by charging exorbitant brokerage fees. I have no issue paying my government's duty fees but will not let myself get ripped off by couriers.

So my questions are:
1. Can I choose a delivery service? USPS is best as the Canadian post office just charges the legal duty fees.
2. Can I add delivery insurance and tracking as a projector such as the JMGO U1 (International version) is expensive and heavy? I already know the international version isn't available until late 2018 or so.
3. What email address should I use to communicate with your sales department when the time comes to make the purchase and delivery go as smooth as possible?

Thanks for your time.
1. YES - we ship to Canada via USPS all the time and have had no issues.
2. YES
3. - [email protected]
4. We will be taking pre orders for the S3 International in the next few weeks.
3DSammy likes this.
post #84 of 210 Old 09-06-2018, 07:11 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So based off this latest information http://www.myfirstprojector.com/jmgo...-4k-projector/ it looks like the U1 will be China only and limited to a production of 5000 units. It says it’s a smaller version of the more expensive S3. I’ve preordered U1 from China but its not going the be as cheap as the original limited preorders. Will likely end up costing around $2k with shipping but won’t know for sure until preorder has reached my buying agent. The advertising on jmgo sales page says full payment is due on 9/9 and will ship within 45 days. So maybe it would be received stateside November timeframe. But these are my assumptions at this point.
post #85 of 210 Old 09-06-2018, 10:30 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 3
here is a new review in Chinese about jmgo u1, igao7.com/news/201808/jQOKj1zjLFYoGfEu.html
post #86 of 210 Old 09-07-2018, 03:36 AM

post #87 of 210 Old 09-07-2018, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoopy View Post
The 0.47" DMD jumps out as too small for generating a decent 4K faux image. I'm likely getting mixed up with the S3 (more expensive sibling) but that has a 0.66" DMD and used Two-phase Pixel Shifting. I really thought the U1 had the same DMD but less ANSI Lumens than the S3.
post #88 of 210 Old 09-07-2018, 06:22 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Quoted: 1861 Post(s)
Liked: 622
Quote:
The 0.47" DMD jumps out as too small for generating a decent 4K faux image.

Funny because professional reviewers say otherwise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #89 of 210 Old 09-07-2018, 06:44 AM

Quote:
Funny because professional reviewers say otherwise ...
I could have phrased it better stating that using a 0.66" DMD and Two-phase Pixel Shifting produces a better 4K image than a 0.47" DMD 1080p pixel shifting for 4K.
Here's the explanation and comparison of the two DMD chips and 4K methods that I'm basing the statement on. This link is actually in the third post of this thread. It does make sense when you read the article despite being from JMGO.
4K Projectors - A Look At Native 4K, True 4K, and 1080p Pixel Shift
http://en.jmgo.com/news/native-4k-vs...projector.html
post #90 of 210 Old 09-10-2018, 03:54 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I could have phrased it better stating that using a 0.66" DMD and Two-phase Pixel Shifting produces a better 4K image than a 0.47" DMD 1080p pixel shifting for 4K.
Here's the explanation and comparison of the two DMD chips and 4K methods that I'm basing the statement on. This link is actually in the third post of this thread. It does make sense when you read the article despite being from JMGO.
4K Projectors - A Look At Native 4K, True 4K, and 1080p Pixel Shift
http://en.jmgo.com/news/native-4k-vs...projector.html
Edited. Ignore this post, misread.

Last edited by wesleytansg; 09-10-2018 at 04:43 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page