• 1 Post By LongMongDong

post #1 of 28 Old 08-30-2018, 01:27 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 246 Post(s)
Liked: 81
Jmgo X3 affordable 4K

translated
The nut projector X3 USES 4K resolution, HDR high dynamic range and dynamic compensation technology, as well as automatic focusing and trapezoidal correction. According to hu zhenyu, founder and chairman of the nut group, the nut X3 is unprecedented in space utilization, with all the other Spaces contributing to the sound. Currently, the nut projector X3 is priced at xxxx yuan! Since is this price, I guess memory is at least 2GB+16GB, please look forward to it!

https://www.znds.com/tv-1115762-1-1.html

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4

Last edited by wheelee; 08-30-2018 at 02:22 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 Old 08-30-2018, 05:34 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1647 Post(s)
Liked: 477
Isn’t this just the international version of the pj that already has a thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 28 Old 08-30-2018, 06:41 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
translated
The nut projector X3 USES 4K resolution, HDR high dynamic range and dynamic compensation technology, as well as automatic focusing and trapezoidal correction. According to hu zhenyu, founder and chairman of the nut group, the nut X3 is unprecedented in space utilization, with all the other Spaces contributing to the sound. Currently, the nut projector X3 is priced at xxxx yuan! Since is this price, I guess memory is at least 2GB+16GB, please look forward to it!

https://www.znds.com/tv-1115762-1-1.html

At that price, I would go with Optima i55/ULH55.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 28 Old 12-05-2018, 02:06 AM - Thread Starter

Review, could this be a Lune killer?

http://www.myfirstprojector.com/jmgo...r-review/6098/

Quote:
Not just this, X3 also supports DTS sound, and Dolby Atmos surround sound and HDR 10 technology features. Now let me share with you every single aspect of the device unveiled till now regarding the X3 projection machine. Please read this post entirely if you are excited to know what JMGO has to offer with their newly launched products.

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #5 of 28 Old 12-05-2018, 10:27 PM - Thread Starter

on youtube but chinese

roni44 likes this.

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #6 of 28 Old 12-22-2018, 10:52 AM - Thread Starter

more detailed review (use chrome)

http://bbs.jmgo.com/forum.php?mod=vi...rby%3Dlastpost

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #7 of 28 Old 01-07-2019, 01:42 AM - Thread Starter

compared to the H2
https://www.touying.com/t-32267-1.html

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #8 of 28 Old 01-08-2019, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Any news about this projector? I´d like to buy it, comparing to Xgimi H2, it seems better.

will be if Xgimi will launch a new one?
post #9 of 28 Old 01-08-2019, 06:00 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanojose View Post
Any news about this projector? I´d like to buy it, comparing to Xgimi H2, it seems better.

will be if Xgimi will launch a new one?

I think it's only on sale here in china & it only has Chinese menu BUT that has not stop us from getting one

another model to watch out for is the new Dangbei F1 0.47dmd @1080p @1400 ANSI @HDC P2.2
https://www.touying.com/t-32922-1.html

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #10 of 28 Old 01-09-2019, 04:13 AM

But the X3 is 4K - DLP Shift, which gains in quality of image.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=936296
post #11 of 28 Old 01-09-2019, 05:37 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanojose View Post
But the X3 is 4K - DLP Shift, which gains in quality of image.

http://4pda.ru/forum/index.php?showtopic=936296

I bet those guys hacked the OS to make it Russian or international.
I guess the X3 is a good 4K alternative while waiting for the true one to arrive - 3~5years from now?

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #12 of 28 Old 01-16-2019, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 4
This is my first projector, I've had it for a few days. For a quick setup I had it projecting onto a green wall (lol) until I get my 120" screen set up. As such I consider my first attempt a worst case scenario. My initial thoughts;

OUT OF THE BOX EXPERIENCE

-The unit is small and very light to handle, doesn't feel flimsy or brittle, just nicely finished.

- Out of the box the image is exceptional, there's no rainbow effect, no flickering, no gaps between pixels, it just looks great with stock settings. That being said, when running the default OS and playing media off a HD, there are lip sync issues and it's very frustrating to watch.

- The menu is all in Chinese except with english keyboards. Using google translate with a camera made me feel like a tourist at first, but it didn't take long to get acquainted with the setting menu. I could not get it to connect reliably to my Wireless 5g network, however the 2.4g had no difficulty. Streaming to any of the stock apps in the projector was irritating and I gave up after a while.

-Focus is very good, it doesn't take much to get it sharp and readable.

-Colour reproduction on a green wall is ridiculously good. Being a temp setup I was expecting a lot of problems, but to my surprise it's very tolerable and I've watched a movie or two with relative comfort.

-The sound is very surprising, the audio is very clear and strong enough to enjoy on it's own. It will not outclass a soundbar, however it is nice enough to run it on it's own without sacrificing your enjoyment.

-1080p movies (non hdr) look very sharp and the colours are tremendous. It turns out that the image setting I had was at 50% brightness, 80% saturation (I'll have to double check) and 30% sharpness. You can have the lights on and it looks somewhat legible, however at that 50% brightness you're still better off using a tv. However, my situation is about as ghetto as it can be and I consider it a worst case scenario.

-Running 4k from a laptop (still with default picture settings) is outrageously crisp, I was blown away at how much sharper the image was, but frustrated with the lag. I knew the settings weren't right, but initial impression of picture quality was outstanding. Very much looking forward to playing with this further.

-The keystone is easy to use and the vertical alignment is very straight forward, I put the projector in a very sloppy position (angled both horizontal and vertical) and while it was deliberately messy, I could still get a good enough picture for a movie. Like any projector setup, it's not really advisable.

-No zoom is really the only thing this unit doesn't do, but it's a different class of projector, the ratio seems good however.

GAMING

-Changing the unit to load straight to HDMI 1, disabling motion compensation helped with lag, however it still isn't perfect. Testing gaming with a PS4 and Wii U at this stage is a bit sluggish, but ok for some less demanding games. Current setup is running from a 1080p compatible AV receiver, it performs ok.

-Initializing game mode however is a must, it performs the same as my Sony KDL800A which has been immensely great for gaming (<I think it's in the 1<6ms response time). There is no lag whatsoever, everything feels responsive and running my PC felt like running on a monitor. I'm a CAD professional and I would be happy to run this for presentations, or even general use haha.

-If you are a gamer, there is a lot to love here.

FINAL THOUGHTS

-I need to get this thing set up properly, a darker room, proper screen, enough space to shoot with. I need to replace my R9 Nano with something that does HDMI 2 and HDR (awaiting navi at the moment for price/performance) to see what 4k can really do, go through the picture settings and do something more permanent, but I need time that I don't have to accomplish that.

-The features, easy of use, initial performance is very promising and for something that is significantly cheaper than the other 4k units on the market with more traditional bulbs, having an LED that shoots a version of 4k for this class of projector is something else. I'm blown away and look forward to getting the most out of it.

I'll post some photos after I get 5 posts or more.
wheelee likes this.
post #13 of 28 Old 01-16-2019, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

thanks for your initial preview LMD! Hopefully more Chinese vendors will follow suit for more cheaper 4K pj @ XPR.
the Dangbei F1 @1080p now is selling hot here in china with nice specs & lower price, hopefully they release a 4K version of the F1.

do you know if it's HDCP2.2 compatible, any noticeable screen flickering in dark scenes?
hopefully someone can compare this with the Lune 4K or other 4K pj's using the same tech
BTW how's the contrast, thanks.

Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #14 of 28 Old 03-27-2019, 01:48 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by LongMongDong View Post
-Running 4k from a laptop (still with default picture settings) is outrageously crisp, I was blown away at how much sharper the image was, but frustrated with the lag. I knew the settings weren't right, but initial impression of picture quality was outstanding. Very much looking forward to playing with this further.
Is the lag on the video, or on the audio sync? If it's video, does game mode work on 4K, and if so, does it fix it?
post #15 of 28 Old 03-27-2019, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaido View Post
Is the lag on the video, or on the audio sync? If it's video, does game mode work on 4K, and if so, does it fix it?

I believe it's video lag, the video presets are unusable as far as I can tell, custom mode improves things a lot but at times introduces stutter. Game mode everything is fine, I've watched some 4k HDR movies through the Shield TV, along with some HDR PC games (Assassin's Creed Origins) and they had no issues with stutter or input lag. My current usage for movies and games is to leave it on game mode to avoid these problems.
Kaido likes this.
post #16 of 28 Old 03-27-2019, 04:52 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I believe it's video lag, the video presets are unusable as far as I can tell, custom mode improves things a lot but at times introduces stutter. Game mode everything is fine, I've watched some 4k HDR movies through the Shield TV, along with some HDR PC games (Assassin's Creed Origins) and they had no issues with stutter or input lag. My current usage for movies and games is to leave it on game mode to avoid these problems.
It sounds like booting the X3 into HDMI in game mode is the way to go!

How's the fan noise?

Now that you've had it for a couple of months, what's your review? I just sold my previous projector & am looking to go 4K LED next. AAXA has the 4K1 coming out in a couple of days, but this one looks pretty viable as well!
post #17 of 28 Old 03-27-2019, 05:56 PM

Quote:
It sounds like booting the X3 into HDMI in game mode is the way to go!

How's the fan noise?

Now that you've had it for a couple of months, what's your review? I just sold my previous projector & am looking to go 4K LED next. AAXA has the 4K1 coming out in a couple of days, but this one looks pretty viable as well!

Fan noise is not something I've been bothered with, sitting right next to me in a movie and I can't hear or don't notice it. Same thing with gaming, even late at night it isn't a problem.

My issues are;

-Focus issues, I don't know if it's my unit or poor set up but the top left zone is blurry, I don't know how to fix it yet.
-Poor advanced visual control, the brightness presets outside of ECO mode introduce a bit of green at the second brightness setting, and the Conference room setting is obnoxiously green and unusable, there is no way that I can find to tweak the RGB channels and it's infuriating to have functionality locked behind crap software.
-Daytime use still needs curtains to be drawn for acceptable use on ECO mode.

-No english language can be worked around, but it takes time.
-inbuilt software is garbage, better off with a dedicated device and boot straight to HDMI 1 or 2.

-Wifi does not receive 5g, only 2.4 on my network. Updates are slow.

-Fixed focal length may be an issue depending on your usage.

My pros are;
-Picture quality is fantastic, 4k looks great
-HDR is a bit weak, need to boost brightness to at least 80-85 to get the dynamic range, then reset it for regular use, but it is a very nice feature for movie use.
-Gaming mode owns, no input lag and playing 4k through my 1080ti is very good. The newer 2000 cards have better HDR handling and would be more reliable, but it works fantastically.

-Quiet operation, not silent but not noticeable.
-Excellent sound for a projector, no need for me to run a sound system yet.

-Dual DLP chips side by side (according to Russian tear down) is excellent, if it's to be believed, having 3840x1080 with vert pixel shifting is outstanding for performance and price.

-Cleaning is easy, the dust filters take low effort to keep clear.

-ECO brightness is very relaxing on the eye for night time viewing, I haven't strained or had an issue with usage.

-Short throw of 1.2:1, I'm a bit over 3m to get 120".

If I can get more advanced colour control to get around the extreme green tint this thing would be almost perfect. The software sucks, but the general performance is very very good. The aaxa 4k1 sounds interesting though!

I'm in the process of buying a new camera, I'm thinking of doing a short review series (unboxing and overview, setup and usage) but it may be a while before I can get around to it. All I can say is it's my first projector and I'm exceptionally happy with it.
Kaido likes this.
post #18 of 28 Old 03-27-2019, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelee View Post
thanks for your initial preview LMD! Hopefully more Chinese vendors will follow suit for more cheaper 4K pj @ XPR.
the Dangbei F1 now is selling hot here in china with nice specs & lower price, hopefully they release a 4K version of the F1.

do you know if it's HDCP2.2 compatible, any noticeable screen flickering in dark scenes?
hopefully someone can compare this with the Lune 4K or other 4K pj's using the same tech
BTW how's the contrast, thanks.

The only issue I have with contrast is I can't use full brightness to take advantage of it's potential. Watching Black Panther in 4k HDR I had to boost brightness to around 85 to get the HDR to perform ok, but I wasn't overly happy with the darker scenes. I'm new to projection so I don't really know all the in's and out's, but it's certainly ok for general use, just not being able to use it's full capabilities is frustrating.
post #19 of 28 Old 03-28-2019, 06:53 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Fan noise is not something I've been bothered with, sitting right next to me in a movie and I can't hear or don't notice it. Same thing with gaming, even late at night it isn't a problem.

My issues are;

-Focus issues, I don't know if it's my unit or poor set up but the top left zone is blurry, I don't know how to fix it yet.
-Poor advanced visual control, the brightness presets outside of ECO mode introduce a bit of green at the second brightness setting, and the Conference room setting is obnoxiously green and unusable, there is no way that I can find to tweak the RGB channels and it's infuriating to have functionality locked behind crap software.
-Daytime use still needs curtains to be drawn for acceptable use on ECO mode.

-No english language can be worked around, but it takes time.
-inbuilt software is garbage, better off with a dedicated device and boot straight to HDMI 1 or 2.

-Wifi does not receive 5g, only 2.4 on my network. Updates are slow.

-Fixed focal length may be an issue depending on your usage.

My pros are;
-Picture quality is fantastic, 4k looks great
-HDR is a bit weak, need to boost brightness to at least 80-85 to get the dynamic range, then reset it for regular use, but it is a very nice feature for movie use.
-Gaming mode owns, no input lag and playing 4k through my 1080ti is very good. The newer 2000 cards have better HDR handling and would be more reliable, but it works fantastically.

-Quiet operation, not silent but not noticeable.
-Excellent sound for a projector, no need for me to run a sound system yet.

-Dual DLP chips side by side (according to Russian tear down) is excellent, if it's to be believed, having 3840x1080 with vert pixel shifting is outstanding for performance and price.

-Cleaning is easy, the dust filters take low effort to keep clear.

-ECO brightness is very relaxing on the eye for night time viewing, I haven't strained or had an issue with usage.

-Short throw of 1.2:1, I'm a bit over 3m to get 120".

If I can get more advanced colour control to get around the extreme green tint this thing would be almost perfect. The software sucks, but the general performance is very very good. The aaxa 4k1 sounds interesting though!

I'm in the process of buying a new camera, I'm thinking of doing a short review series (unboxing and overview, setup and usage) but it may be a while before I can get around to it. All I can say is it's my first projector and I'm exceptionally happy with it.
Does the boot screen have advertisements? The XGIMI H1 & H2 both have ads for Chinese TV shows, which I haven't figured out how to get rid of yet (even when not connected to wifi!).

I may wait to see the reviews on the Aaxa 4K1, but the JmGO X3 is looking pretty nice right now, thanks for sharing your experience with it so far! I'm curious to know if anyone else is having the problem with the partial blurry focus as well. Is game mode like a 120hz type of thing, which makes movies look like soap operas? I'm wondering if I can just leave it in game mode 24/7 for movies & games, but I hate the soap opera effect!
post #20 of 28 Old 03-28-2019, 09:41 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Great option for a portable unit (sent this thread to my brother who's looking for a projector to use in his backyard during parties) and decently priced.
post #21 of 28 Old 03-30-2019, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Does the boot screen have advertisements? The XGIMI H1 & H2 both have ads for Chinese TV shows, which I haven't figured out how to get rid of yet (even when not connected to wifi!).
I may wait to see the reviews on the Aaxa 4K1, but the JmGO X3 is looking pretty nice right now, thanks for sharing your experience with it so far! I'm curious to know if anyone else is having the problem with the partial blurry focus as well. Is game mode like a 120hz type of thing, which makes movies look like soap operas? I'm wondering if I can just leave it in game mode 24/7 for movies & games, but I hate the soap opera effect!

When booting to the OS you'll see typical JMGO advertising on the landing page, hit left and you can access options, but yeah it's adverts all over the place.

When booting straight to either HDMI input, it's just the JMGO logo and a spinning wheel, I haven't timed it but I'd guess it takes about 15s to start projecting.

Game mode is 60hz, you have the option for normal playback, or 3 levels of interpolation. I have it disabled and movies play back at their intended hz rate.
Kaido likes this.
post #22 of 28 Old 04-02-2019, 07:18 PM

A few crummy photos from my Galaxy S8, the camera is a bit too aggressive on blurring details, so take these how you will.

Spoiler!

Last edited by LongMongDong; 04-02-2019 at 07:30 PM.
post #23 of 28 Old 04-05-2019, 12:57 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi any one find RGB contorols in jm gox3 chinese version. Without that the picture looks little yellowish
post #24 of 28 Old 04-16-2019, 04:25 AM

Person view is much different with camera smartphone.

I had a Xgimi H1, and the difference is much higher to better, the audio quality is better too, the Xgimi H1 has a opaque sound disabled or enabled "soundround" function. This Projector X3, has better bass, and the effect is much better.

I translated with Morelocale using ADB connect, the official launcher is Chinese, but the functions is on the language you want, other features is chinese, but the essential is translated.

I only use for one day, but I will make a better review from this excellent projector.

Last edited by germanojose; 04-16-2019 at 04:31 AM.
post #25 of 28 Old 04-30-2019, 03:52 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hello how did you translate the menu ?
post #26 of 28 Old 05-12-2019, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohami1966 View Post
Hello how did you translate the menu ?

Hi I translated with app Morelocal2 using ADB over network.
post #27 of 28 Old 05-13-2019, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Germanojose ; if you have time , Can you please send the morelocale2 apk that you have used ?
post #28 of 28 Old 05-15-2019, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tohami1966 View Post
Germanojose ; if you have time , Can you please send the morelocale2 apk that you have used ?

Here´s the APP - https://morelocale-2.br.uptodown.com/android/download

About Morelocale, you had to activate the adb from your projector.

For this you have to enter on status on the configuration, on the first option

adb connect your_IP:5555

After this do:

adb shell pm grant jp.co.c_lis.ccl.morelocale android.permission.CHANGE_CONFIGURATION

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page