New Optoma 1080p HDR10 0.65 projector: HD27HDR - Page 12 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 75Likes

post #331 of 469 Old 04-14-2019, 07:04 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Didn't update the firmware yet.

I did notice that 3D AUTO mode doesn't work as I expected. When starting a SBS 3D movie, I have to go into the projector menu and manually choose 3D and SBS mode. The source is a laptop PC with HDMI output, connected to Marantz 7012, which connects to the projector. The laptop is set to external screen only, playing a downloaded movie in VLC. After manually selecting 3D SBS in the projector, the DLP-Link goggles sync up and the 3D works great. At the same time, the Atmos detection works flawlessly in my Marantz 7012 in a 7.2.4 (4 speakers in ceiling) configuration. It would be a lot smoother if the projector would just do the 3D detection in AUTO.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #332 of 469 Old 04-15-2019, 02:30 PM

Liked: 0
Is anyone else unable to turn on enhanced gaming mode with Nintendo Switch? When using my PC at 120Hz HDR, I can turn it on. When I switch the receiver to my Nintendo Switch, enhanced gaming mode is grayed out? I bough this projector to play Smash Bros. with low input lag, so could really use some help.

Also, does it take a ridiculously long time for anyone else when switching inputs. When going from Nintendo to PC it can take over a minute for the picture to come up. It goes on and off a few times before there is a stable image...This doesn't seem like normal behavior and is really annoying.
post #333 of 469 Old 04-15-2019, 03:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Send a message via Skype™ to Tuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egin Tollkuci View Post
Is anyone else unable to turn on enhanced gaming mode with Nintendo Switch? When using my PC at 120Hz HDR, I can turn it on. When I switch the receiver to my Nintendo Switch, enhanced gaming mode is grayed out? I bough this projector to play Smash Bros. with low input lag, so could really use some help.

Also, does it take a ridiculously long time for anyone else when switching inputs. When going from Nintendo to PC it can take over a minute for the picture to come up. It goes on and off a few times before there is a stable image...This doesn't seem like normal behavior and is really annoying.
Is the Switch set to output 1080p?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #334 of 469 Old 04-15-2019, 04:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I really like the pic and features of this pj, but the sync time after this update is killing me as well. It used to sync no problem. This update made the sync times way longer. Very unfortunate. It's like a step back.
post #335 of 469 Old 04-15-2019, 04:48 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Hey Egin,

The insane switching times you're experiencing could be related to your receiver. I had to bypass my receiver and go straight to the projector for video. I then routed another separate HDMI from my PC to the receiver for ATMOS, etc. And now the switching times is within a bearable 3-5 seconds. If you don't have another HDMI out on your PC, you could use an HDMI splitter.
post #336 of 469 Old 04-15-2019, 06:53 PM

Tuan,

Any chance a new firmware will tackle the syncing issues the others are experiencing? I have not updated my firmware because of dagameballa's new syncing issues. I want to get 120hz with 8ms times, but not at the expense of really slow HDMI sync issues. Worth noting my previous HDMI handshake and sync issues were present only when connecting from the PC to AVR to projector. Nvidia Shield to AVR to projector works perfect. PC to AVR to projector a no go even with Monster Fiber Optic HDMI cables used. PC (using said Monster cables) directly to projector no handshake/sync issues. Hoping the new firmware doesn't screw up my current set up.
post #337 of 469 Old 04-15-2019, 09:05 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mflora45 View Post
Tuan,

Any chance a new firmware will tackle the syncing issues the others are experiencing? I have not updated my firmware because of dagameballa's new syncing issues. I want to get 120hz with 8ms times, but not at the expense of really slow HDMI sync issues. Worth noting my previous HDMI handshake and sync issues were present only when connecting from the PC to AVR to projector. Nvidia Shield to AVR to projector works perfect. PC to AVR to projector a no go even with Monster Fiber Optic HDMI cables used. PC (using said Monster cables) directly to projector no handshake/sync issues. Hoping the new firmware doesn't screw up my current set up.
Have you ever tried shield to projector? I have shield to projector setup and if I use CES then it will send projector into a mode where power indicator blinks violet and I have to hard reset power to projector. This is getting annoying. I am also not seeing hdr mode getting activated while playing HDR videos on prime video. Any idea why? Currently images setting is on game and hdr set to auto.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
post #338 of 469 Old 04-16-2019, 06:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuan View Post
I will confirm again tonight but that is the default output of the dock generally.
post #339 of 469 Old 04-16-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Hey Egin,

The insane switching times you're experiencing could be related to your receiver. I had to bypass my receiver and go straight to the projector for video. I then routed another separate HDMI from my PC to the receiver for ATMOS, etc. And now the switching times is within a bearable 3-5 seconds. If you don't have another HDMI out on your PC, you could use an HDMI splitter.
That doesn't really seem like a reasonable solution...I have more than just my PC connected to the AVR, I don't want to pull cables to switch inputs everytime and bypass it. I'm having the same issue as you by the way. PC -> AVR-> Projector is what takes waaay too long. Which AVR are you using? I have an Onkyo TX-NR676.
post #340 of 469 Old 04-16-2019, 10:05 AM

Egin,

I completely understand. I have a NR555 and a three other devices attached to it. All other devices switch flawlessly, except for the damn PC. Since this one item was my weak link, I figured I'd go direct to projector, which worked. Unfortunately, yes I have to do some fiddling with HDMI cables and inputs to make this workaround work. Beats pulling my hair out for half an hour trying to get the PC and AVR to send a working signal to the projector. That makes it more than reasonable to me...

Regarding the Shield, I have it going straight to AVR. Sorry I don't know what you can do with the CEC issue.
post #341 of 469 Old 04-16-2019, 10:17 AM

Quote:
Egin,

I completely understand. I have a NR555 and a three other devices attached to it. All other devices switch flawlessly, except for the damn PC. Since this one item was my weak link, I figured I'd go direct to projector, which worked. Unfortunately, yes I have to do some fiddling with HDMI cables and inputs to make this workaround work. Beats pulling my hair out for half an hour trying to get the PC and AVR to send a working signal to the projector. That makes it more than reasonable to me...

Regarding the Shield, I have it going straight to AVR. Sorry I don't know what you can do with the CEC issue.
So this seems like an Onkyo issue then...I guess I will be selling it and buying a new one. I'm going to try the latest firmware for the AVR tonight and see if that helps anything.
post #342 of 469 Old 04-16-2019, 01:58 PM

I have an onkyo nr676 also. Already all the way updated. Issues got worse alot with syncing when I got new fw on pj. Everything else seems to work fine like my tv when symcing through avr.
post #343 of 469 Old 04-18-2019, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Hate to complain after getting the new firmware.. But the syncing issues are getting really annoying for me also. Sometimes when starting the pc I get in a sync / search loop and have to restart. Also in games, it’s not detecting the hdr signal and I have to do different types of tricks to get it to kick in. Also now when going back to windows from a hdr game, sometimes it sticks in hdr mode even though I have that turned off in Windows.. I have to manually switch to hdr mode in display properties and then off again, to make the projector detect the signal properly.. If it’s unfixable, adding a button to the menu to force hdr on/off would be pretty helpful at least for that aspect.. The only other thing that changed besides the firmware was a new nvidia driver, could that have done anything?
post #344 of 469 Old 04-18-2019, 07:44 PM

You can go in and manually turn hdr on and off in the menu.
post #345 of 469 Old 04-19-2019, 05:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagameballa View Post
You can go in and manually turn hdr on and off in the menu.
Yes you can set hdr to auto or off, but not ‘on’. It would help a lot to have that capability since the ‘auto’ is not so auto anymore.. maybe I’ll try downgrading the nvidia driver to see if it helps
post #346 of 469 Old 04-20-2019, 10:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been a 3D gamer for over eight years. I started out with an Acer H5360 and for the past two years I have been using an Epson Home Cinema 3700, awaiting the day when a projector with low input lag would enable 1080p 3D gaming at 60 fps. That day is finally here! After reading Gregory's critical review of the Acer V6520 on the PHC Blog, I decided to order an Optoma HD27HDR. It arrived last Thursday. I connected an HDMI cable from my Intel i7-6700K + Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti equipped PC to HDMI 1 on the projector and plugged in a HiShock 3DRF Pro emitter to the 3d sync port. My projector came with the C03 firmware. In Windows 10 device manager, I installed the Optoma UHD40 EDID which Pauldusler posted a link to in the “Optoma UHD 40 / 50 3D Vision Projector (1920x1080 @120 Hz)” thread on the GeForce Forums. I changed the resolution to 1920 x 1080 @ 120Hz in the Nvidia Control Panel and changed the stereoscopic display type to “Generic CRT display” (you need a 3D Vision emitter to be able to do this). In the projector menu, I set 3D mode to “IR,” and 3D Format to “Frame Sequential.” I put the projector in Eco+ mode and changed the color and contrast settings to Gregory's recommendations in his review of the Optoma HD29H. I was able to play Dragon Quest XI, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit, Super Street Fighter IV, The Witcher 3, and Trine 2 with max settings in 1080p 3D at 60 fps! I had to lower the quality settings in Ys VIII to achieve an acceptable frame rate. All of these games look so much better in 1080p 3D using the Optoma HD27HDR than in 720p 3D using the Epson Home Cinema 3700. I tested the Epson ELPGS03, Panasonic TY-ER3D4MA, and HiShock RF Pro Black Heaven glasses. These glasses all work well with the HiShock emitter. I didn't notice any ghosting in any of the games I played. The HiShock glasses are the quickest to set up, you just press the power button. You need to hold down a button to sync the other glasses to the emitter. The Epson glasses are the best choice for people who wear corrective glasses.
post #347 of 469 Old 04-20-2019, 11:40 PM

Onkyo just released a new firmware for the 6x6 model avr's. Says it adds a 4k enhanced mode.
post #348 of 469 Old 04-23-2019, 01:50 PM

Quote:
Hi Tuan, I'm still having issues turning Enhanced Gamin Mode on with Nintendo Switch. I confirmed that it is outputting 1920x1080 @ 60Hz. I tried resetting the image setting on the projector but Enhanced Gaming Mode is always grayed out. When I switch to my PC after 5 minutes of handshaking....I am able to turn it on. The PC is in HDR mode and at 120Hz though. Any ideas on how I can enable Enhanced Gaming Mode for the switch?
post #349 of 469 Old 04-23-2019, 01:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 71 Post(s)
Quoted: 289 Post(s)
Liked: 259
Send a message via Skype™ to Tuan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Egin Tollkuci View Post
Hi Tuan, I'm still having issues turning Enhanced Gamin Mode on with Nintendo Switch. I confirmed that it is outputting 1920x1080 @ 60Hz. I tried resetting the image setting on the projector but Enhanced Gaming Mode is always grayed out. When I switch to my PC after 5 minutes of handshaking....I am able to turn it on. The PC is in HDR mode and at 120Hz though. Any ideas on how I can enable Enhanced Gaming Mode for the switch?
Is your receiver trying to upscale it to 4K or is it passing a 1080p signal?
post #350 of 469 Old 04-23-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Is your receiver trying to upscale it to 4K or is it passing a 1080p signal?
PC and Switch are on the same receiver. I will go through the settings to see if there are any upscaling options. I certainly didn't configure it to do that. I will have to get back to you when I get home.
post #351 of 469 Old 04-23-2019, 06:24 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i just ordered a refurb HD27HDR. it's replacing a 720P runco CL-420 that i've had forever. it should arrive tomorrow! think i should upgrade the FW immediately or wait and see?
post #352 of 469 Old 04-25-2019, 08:45 PM

What do you think of the projector so far?
post #353 of 469 Old 04-26-2019, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Syncing Issues

I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has experienced syncing issues on the new firmware. I always thought it had to do with the length of the HDMI cable and the amount of "interference" or loss of HDMI signal. The projector seems incredibly sensitive to dropped frames to the point where it loses sync.
post #354 of 469 Old 04-26-2019, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by txlzone View Post
I'm glad to see that I'm not the only one that has experienced syncing issues on the new firmware. I always thought it had to do with the length of the HDMI cable and the amount of "interference" or loss of HDMI signal. The projector seems incredibly sensitive to dropped frames to the point where it loses sync.
In my case, I don’t lose the sync. It’s only that the projector isn’t detecting the hdr signal like it used to. I thought that it possibly had something to do with the nvidia drivers, but I tried a couple of versions and it didn’t help.. So I guess it is the new firmware, or maybe running at 120 hz with enhanced gaming mode affects the hdr signal detection. Hopefully fixable?
post #355 of 469 Old 05-01-2019, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
I just bought this projector and been using it for about a week, everything seems fine, except this morning both my pc and xbox one games started looking like they were running at 24hz or something. All I have changed in the projector settings was turning 3d on. Anything else I can check that would cause this weird problem?
post #356 of 469 Old 05-01-2019, 06:39 PM

Setting 3d sometimes will default to 1080p 24hz.
post #357 of 469 Old 05-02-2019, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 82 Post(s)
Quoted: 1281 Post(s)
Liked: 2113
Price talk/where to buy posts removed. Please read the sticky.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...als-forum.html

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
post #358 of 469 Old 05-03-2019, 06:35 PM

Keeping my fingers crossed, but looks like I figured out the hdr-detection issue I was having running from my pc. I upgraded to the latest nvidia drivers and also made a change in nvidia settings. I unselected the ‘let nvidia control the desktop colour settings’ option. It’s been a couple of days now and so far the projector is picking up the hdr signal properly! It seems to spend less time trying to sync as well when changing in and out of hdr. So far so good!
post #359 of 469 Old 05-04-2019, 02:40 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Question, does full HD looks blurry in a super big screen? Or projector is a bit different from a monitor?
post #360 of 469 Old 05-04-2019, 08:43 AM

I sit 9 feet away from a 100” screen and I find it surprisingly sharp. It’s even clear enough for me to to work on ( text and graphics). The nice thing I find about a projector is that I don’t seem to get any eye strain from it compared to a monitor.
The downside I find is the black levels, Last episode of GOT was pretty dark and muddy..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page