New Optoma 1080p HDR10 0.65 projector: HD27HDR - Page 7 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 76Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 471 Old 12-30-2018, 04:24 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Well I finally picked up this pj also and you’re pretty much bang on Defiance.
I’m not blown away by the image, but I’m getting closer the more that I play with it.. Where it shines is the gaming; Battlefield V on my pc running at 1080 120hz is pretty much amazing! Had a lot of weirdness also with hdr in windows, but hdr in game is fantastic! Weird also that I can’t put it in ‘game’ mode when it’s running at 120hz (it’s grayed out) But the input lag feels low anyway..?
The whining is there on mine, but doesn’t bother me- it’s louder for the first minute then subsides a bit. Hope your new one is better Defiance!
Can’t do hdr Netflix in windows, found out that you need a 1050gtx or newer if running nvidia, guess my 980 doesn’t cut it.. But hdr works really nicely on my shield, I wanted to run everything through my pc, but looks like no luck.. Now I have to figure out how to run my pc and the shield to the pj. I have an old amp - no hdmi’s at all.. don’t want to go topic but does anybody have any recommendations for a decent amp that has HDMI 2.0 passthrough for around 200$?
All in all I’m pretty happy with this, you can’t beat how awesome it is for gaming - but it does require fiddling to make it shine.
Ptolmy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 471 Old 12-31-2018, 09:28 AM
Member
 
madermat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 189
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 30
onkyo 373 is at amazon and a denon s730h accessories4less looks like the denon is maybe better has dolby atmos
Ptolmy likes this.
madermat is offline  
post #183 of 471 Old 12-31-2018, 01:34 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp View Post
*sigh* - guess I need to make a revision. My wife came home today and immediately started looking around, asking, "what the hell is that noise? It's driving me insane!" Within a few minutes she determined it was the projector. I can hear the whine, but it's low and I'm able to tune it out... but she's apparently able to hear it much more clearly, and can't stand being in the same room with it

Guess I'll get in touch with Optoma to see if I can just treat it as warranty. Hopefully it's just a faulty unit...
Sorry to hear that, I must be deaf because I can't hear a whine at all and I thought I was sensitive to such noises.

One thing that is driving me nuts is the delay on the resolution change. I think a few people have already mentioned it. Channel surfing is a big no no. It takes 5-10 seconds between channel changes on direct-tv. I mostly use the guide so not a big deal. But today I was playing around with display settings and ended up locking myself in at 24 hz. Windows would time out before the projector would display the image. After the 10th try, I caught it with 3 seconds to spare. I was just about to hit the registry and change it from there. This needs to be fixed badly. Other than that I'm very happy with this projector.

Not sure if it was my setup but HDR wasn't working for me on my PC, figured my card was too old (R9 380). I had my HDMI cable plugged into HDMI2 on the projector, I moved it to one since "direct source power on" defaults to HDMI One. The next time I looked at my display settings HDR was ready and waiting. Just an FYI.
swimbikerun13 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #184 of 471 Old 12-31-2018, 05:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
defiancecp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Looks like it's a no go - the new one makes the same noise. As others have said, I personally can tune it out, as it's pretty quiet and so high pitched that it's almost imperceptible to me. But different people have different sensitivities, and my wife cannot bear to be in the room with it. I thought maybe it was a placebo, but she can seriously be in the next room and tell just by the whining noise, with perfect accuracy, when I turn it on or off.
*sigh*
I love this pj otherwise, but it looks like I just can't keep it; a family room my wife can't bear to be in isn't OK SO frustrating, because 1080p 120hz with sub-10ms lag is a damn dream come true for me

One quick note on the AVRs -- Obvious thing to look for is HDMI 2.0 & hdcp 2.2 compatibility, and be sure it supports 4k & HDR of course. Beyond that, the 1080p 120hz mode will likely be a problem, but not an insurmountable one if you tinker a bit. My own AVR is a Sony STR-DH590. Out of the box behavior - when I plug the PC into the PJ directly, 120hz is listed as available, but when I use the AVR, 120hz is no longer an option. Frankly I expect that to be the case with a lot of AVRs, they're likely to strip any uncommon modes from the EDID "just to be safe"

To fix it, I used the radeon control panel to add a custom resolution, used the basic 1080p settings and just changed the refresh to 120 (leaving everything else as is), and afterward it worked fine. I'm sure Nvidia has a custom res option too, but have no idea how to use it.
Ptolmy likes this.
defiancecp is offline  
post #185 of 471 Old 01-02-2019, 10:23 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Sorry to hear that Defiance! Seems you have no choice.. easier to replace a projector than a wife
Thanks for the resolution tips and for the recommendations madermat!
I think I will hold out for a receiver that has 2 HDMI outs, I need to run a tv also occasionally and want to minimize the manual switching of HDMI wires. The Yamaha rxv685 looks very nice - but the price is twice my budget. So I think that I’m going to use my old amp wired from my pc and not use the shield at all. Only downside is no 4K from Netflix through the pc (I don’t like 4K on windows, everything is too small!). This projector is turning out to be a big project - changed my room setup 3 times, remounted projector 4 times, moved a 100” pull down screen many times (and aired it for days in the garage with a fan - stinky!) and also built a 120” custom frame. Now working on the audio.. I think it all will be worth it though in the end!
Ptolmy is offline  
post #186 of 471 Old 01-02-2019, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
derek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2000
Location: northern va, usa
Posts: 653
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by defiancecp View Post
Looks like it's a no go - the new one makes the same noise. As others have said, I personally can tune it out, as it's pretty quiet and so high pitched that it's almost imperceptible to me. But different people have different sensitivities, and my wife cannot bear to be in the room with it. I thought maybe it was a placebo, but she can seriously be in the next room and tell just by the whining noise, with perfect accuracy, when I turn it on or off.
*sigh*
I love this pj otherwise, but it looks like I just can't keep it; a family room my wife can't bear to be in isn't OK SO frustrating, because 1080p 120hz with sub-10ms lag is a damn dream come true for me

One quick note on the AVRs -- Obvious thing to look for is HDMI 2.0 & hdcp 2.2 compatibility, and be sure it supports 4k & HDR of course. Beyond that, the 1080p 120hz mode will likely be a problem, but not an insurmountable one if you tinker a bit. My own AVR is a Sony STR-DH590. Out of the box behavior - when I plug the PC into the PJ directly, 120hz is listed as available, but when I use the AVR, 120hz is no longer an option. Frankly I expect that to be the case with a lot of AVRs, they're likely to strip any uncommon modes from the EDID "just to be safe"

To fix it, I used the radeon control panel to add a custom resolution, used the basic 1080p settings and just changed the refresh to 120 (leaving everything else as is), and afterward it worked fine. I'm sure Nvidia has a custom res option too, but have no idea how to use it.
Build a basic hush-box?

Derek
derek is offline  
post #187 of 471 Old 01-02-2019, 11:08 AM
Advanced Member
 
defiancecp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 912
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek View Post
Build a basic hush-box?
Im lucky enough to have found an apartment that already has in wall hdmi and a projector mount, but a hush box isn't really doable without attaching to the ceiling, which isnt ok with the lease. Also, they probably wouldnt enforce it, but optomas warranty as written is void if the projector is place in an enclosure.
Quote:
This Limited Warranty is not enforceable if the projection Product that has been ceiling mounted in an improper fashion (for instance, ceiling mount with incompatible screws or installed in an enclosure).

Last edited by defiancecp; 01-02-2019 at 11:12 AM.
defiancecp is offline  
post #188 of 471 Old 01-04-2019, 02:41 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Long time lurker on these forums, been an installer in the past, dabbled in a little calibration, but never took it to a serious level.

I'm in the market to upgrade my new theater room, don't have a big budget, and am seriously considering this projector for my new setup. It will be used for movies and gaming, streaming and blue ray. Because of the need for more upgrades to comply with the hdmi2.0, and hdcp 2.2. A 4k projector (or pixel shifter) isn't a huge deal breaker at this time.

I think (based on what limited reviews are available) what I've been reading has made this one top the list. Between the and the hd39Darbee this one looks (on paper) to be a better choice.

I'll likely place my order by the end of the month.
Joe IsCrazy is offline  
post #189 of 471 Old 01-04-2019, 03:56 PM
Member
 
Prattalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I just went through the same debate and ended up with a BenQ 2050A and Darbee 5000S. The 27HDR seems ideal for gamers though which wasn't important to me.
Prattalot is offline  
post #190 of 471 Old 01-04-2019, 04:38 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I plan on using up to date wires, and other hardware for future proofing so eventually upgrade to a 4k, but not until they get one out there under $2k with 4k hdr, low input lag, rgbrgb, and complete keystone correction. Dreaming lol
Joe IsCrazy is offline  
post #191 of 471 Old 01-07-2019, 07:51 PM
Senior Member
 
dagameballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Portland,Or
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe IsCrazy View Post
I plan on using up to date wires, and other hardware for future proofing so eventually upgrade to a 4k, but not until they get one out there under $2k with 4k hdr, low input lag, rgbrgb, and complete keystone correction. Dreaming lol
I honestly believe hdr is way more important than the 4k, yes the 4k is sharper. But it's not night and day. Night and day is the hdr. I really love this pj and I also have an hk2299. The hk2299 is a very nice pj it's self. But all the features and things this pj has. 1080p 120hz 8ms gaming lag. Accepts hdr and a 4k signal. You can't beat it for the price. You can buy 2 of these for less than half the price of most 4k pjs.
srkmish likes this.
dagameballa is offline  
post #192 of 471 Old 01-13-2019, 06:28 PM
Senior Member
 
dagameballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Portland,Or
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Anyone have any calibration settings?
dagameballa is offline  
post #193 of 471 Old 01-14-2019, 01:50 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I'm still tossing between the hd27hdr and the ht2050a. My screen is standing by to get delivered, and I'll want to pull the trigger on a pj once i get it ready to install. More reviews or at least a pro review would help.
Joe IsCrazy is offline  
post #194 of 471 Old 01-14-2019, 02:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe IsCrazy View Post
I'm still tossing between the hd27hdr and the ht2050a. My screen is standing by to get delivered, and I'll want to pull the trigger on a pj once i get it ready to install. More reviews or at least a pro review would help.
Also interested in the ht2050a or hd27hdr .
I'm just wondering which has better black/sharpness/contrast ?
even though i'll probably go 4k.
PQWil is offline  
post #195 of 471 Old 01-14-2019, 09:11 PM
Member
 
Prattalot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2017
Location: Winnipeg, MB, Canada
Posts: 23
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 4
I now own the HT2050a and Darbee 500S after debating these two as well but my take is that the HT2050 is better for movies in a light controlled room and the HD27HDR is better for gamers. The BenQ has a RGBRGB color wheel which helps colors but isn't as bright as the RGBW wheel on the 27HDR.

There is this review:
https://www.projectorcentral.com/Opt...HDR-Review.htm
Prattalot is offline  
post #196 of 471 Old 01-15-2019, 06:44 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: South Africa
Posts: 15
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
The Projector Central review states their model only have one HDR mode but that Optoma confirmed 4 will be available. Can anyone with this projector verify if they have one or four HDR modes? I can't find any info or files for a firmware upgrade.
snorbaard is offline  
post #197 of 471 Old 01-15-2019, 04:40 PM
Senior Member
 
dagameballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Portland,Or
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 28
I keep checking optomas website for firmware updates, but there's no info that I can find either.
dagameballa is offline  
post #198 of 471 Old 01-17-2019, 02:24 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Hey Guys,

I have been researching this projector. I am interested in knowing how is the netflix HDR experience using this.

Thanks!
srkmish is offline  
post #199 of 471 Old 01-17-2019, 02:45 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I´m trying to decide between this one and the Gt1080darbee.
I have no receiver that supports HDCP2.2 only 4k (vsx-s510K) so i would have to change that too....
I really don´t see much of a difference with HDR on/off on my new samsung 65inch led tv with PS4


Darbee looks more promissing then HDR.
I do not game online so 16ms is ok and i think with darbee 30ms is ok too.
Price wise the hdr one is a little bit cheaper.


Any opinions?
Alienbliep is offline  
post #200 of 471 Old 01-17-2019, 02:00 PM
Senior Member
 
dagameballa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Portland,Or
Posts: 296
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Well, I can tell you, this thing has a long throw. Idk if there's a difference in throw or not, but I thought the 1080 had a really short throw distance.
dagameballa is offline  
post #201 of 471 Old 01-17-2019, 02:32 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Yes the gt1080 does have a short throw. Not really really important for me.
I'm just looking for a good gaming projector.

I can choose between this and the GT1080Darbee or HT2150st.

The gt1080darbee:
+Lamp life 6000hours
-Rgbcyw wheel 2xspeed
+Lumens 3000
+Contrast ratio 25000:1

The ht2150st:
-Lamp life 3500hours
+Rgbrgb wheel at 4x or 6x speed
-Lumens 2200
-Contrast ratio 15000:1
-More expensive bulbs

I just cannot find an good comparison between these 2-3. Only comparisons between gt1080non darbee and the ht2150st.
Or did i just answered my own question and is the gt1080darbee better?
Any opinions?

Yours,

Stefan
Alienbliep is offline  
post #202 of 471 Old 01-18-2019, 12:19 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Edit the HT2150ST seems way better in lumens because it´s measured color 2200lumens and not white 3000lumens.


The reviews on Amazon with people having both say the HT2150ST is much better with rgbrgb at 6x speed in europe.


Problem is it´s not really available in europe
Alienbliep is offline  
post #203 of 471 Old 01-19-2019, 02:45 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 123
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by BDP33 View Post
I think gaming on an 75" OLED is about as good as it gets. While the projector can get big...it literally doesn't come close to the immersion you get with a big screen OLED. If it's just a WOW factor it's tough to beat a 120" screen but for me the immersion of a large screen infinite contrast OLED is where it's at. I sometimes will just stop and soak it in on the OLED...where I don't get that on a projector.
Would you say the same about 4k projectors from sony i.e. 295ES which have great black levels and contrast?
srkmish is offline  
post #204 of 471 Old 01-20-2019, 01:01 PM
Member
 
Kreationz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 157
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 22
What is the latest firmware update on this projector?
Kreationz is offline  
post #205 of 471 Old 01-21-2019, 06:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
I haven’t seen any firmware updates.. would be nice to have ‘game mode’ active at 1080 120hz. As well as having different hdr presets available as was mentioned in the projector central review. Some people were mentioning different 3D options as well, I haven’t tried 3D at all yet with it though (have the glasses but no idea where to start..).
Little update on my findings; been running kodi and Netflix on my pc (with hdr on in windows) and the image looks a lot better to me then when I was running on the shield. Colours are way more saturated and no washed out look at all - looks amazing! I do have to cycle between ‘hdr’ and ‘user’ mode though depending on the application to get it right.
Any news about the firmware update?
Ptolmy is offline  
post #206 of 471 Old 01-23-2019, 09:06 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alienbliep View Post
Yes the gt1080 does have a short throw. Not really really important for me.
I'm just looking for a good gaming projector.

I can choose between this and the GT1080Darbee or HT2150st.

The gt1080darbee:
+Lamp life 6000hours
-Rgbcyw wheel 2xspeed
+Lumens 3000
+Contrast ratio 25000:1

The ht2150st:
-Lamp life 3500hours
+Rgbrgb wheel at 4x or 6x speed
-Lumens 2200
-Contrast ratio 15000:1
-More expensive bulbs

I just cannot find an good comparison between these 2-3. Only comparisons between gt1080non darbee and the ht2150st.
Or did i just answered my own question and is the gt1080darbee better?
Any opinions?

Yours,

Stefan
Hi there,

If you are looking at the GT1080Darbee, but are also interested in the HDR compatibility, I saw a video highlighting the different products presented at the latest CES in Las Vegas and it showed that Optoma will be coming out with a replacement for that item called GT1080HDR.

I do not know what the specs are nor the date they plan on making it available to the general public, but i sure will be waiting to find out because I was looking to pick up the HD27HDR, but now I might lean more towards the GT1080HDR instead.

I don't really care for 4K, but I would like to have HDR support for my PS4 and eventually PS5 so these 2 seem like good choices for that.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see
Kal011 is offline  
post #207 of 471 Old 01-24-2019, 06:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 42
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
That sounds great! I was looking at the 1080 originally also - the addition of hdr makes it that much better. I think hdr is a really important feature, the real clincher for me though is the 120hz frame rate. Once you get spoiled playing games at 120, going down to 60 hz will always feel ‘choppy’.. Right now I think the hd27hdr is the only game in town for 120hz and low input lag?
Ptolmy is offline  
post #208 of 471 Old 01-25-2019, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
 
ksbarnz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 328
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I picked up this projector yesterday. Sold my Epson 4040 while I could make a little money on it, and was really looking for the sub 20ms, 4k, HDR, laser under $3k unicorn that seems like it might be another year away. I figured this would be a good stop gap for gaming until something like that came out. First impressions compared to the Epson are that the Epson had better/brighter colors and slightly better blacks, which was to be expected since it cost 3x the Optoma.

One thing that I found interesting is that the sharpness was only a little better on the Epson with the 4k enhancement it uses compared to the Optoma at 1080. This being my first DLP (have had Sony, Epson and Panny Projectors) I am liking the sharpness a DLP provides without the convergence issues. I'll post my impressions later on gaming on my xbox one x after I get the projector tweaked to the way I like it. One thing I am noticing is that no matter what dynamic range I set for HDR, be it Film, Detail, etc., it looks the same. I see no change in the HDR image when cycling through these settings. This is when viewing 4k HDR or 1080p HDR movies from an Apple TV 4k. Does anyone else notice this on theirs? So far from what I am seeing is that SDR, be it 4k or 1080p, looks much better than HDR.
ksbarnz is offline  
post #209 of 471 Old 01-25-2019, 09:27 AM
Senior Member
 
BDP33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 389
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmish View Post
Would you say the same about 4k projectors from sony i.e. 295ES which have great black levels and contrast?
To be fair I've not ever seen the PQ in person from a Sony 295ES so I couldn't tell you.
BDP33 is offline  
post #210 of 471 Old 01-25-2019, 06:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JackB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 1999
Posts: 3,871
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1495 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by ksbarnz View Post
I picked up this projector yesterday. Sold my Epson 4040 while I could make a little money on it, and was really looking for the sub 20ms, 4k, HDR, laser under $3k unicorn that seems like it might be another year away. I figured this would be a good stop gap for gaming until something like that came out. First impressions compared to the Epson are that the Epson had better/brighter colors and slightly better blacks, which was to be expected since it cost 3x the Optoma.

One thing that I found interesting is that the sharpness was only a little better on the Epson with the 4k enhancement it uses compared to the Optoma at 1080. This being my first DLP (have had Sony, Epson and Panny Projectors) I am liking the sharpness a DLP provides without the convergence issues. I'll post my impressions later on gaming on my xbox one x after I get the projector tweaked to the way I like it. One thing I am noticing is that no matter what dynamic range I set for HDR, be it Film, Detail, etc., it looks the same. I see no change in the HDR image when cycling through these settings. This is when viewing 4k HDR or 1080p HDR movies from an Apple TV 4k. Does anyone else notice this on theirs? So far from what I am seeing is that SDR, be it 4k or 1080p, looks much better than HDR.
Probably because your tone mapping, or lack thereof, or some other setting is non -existent.

Jack
JackB is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off