Originally Posted by en0203
I side loaded Youtube for Android TV and KODI it is able to deliver 4k resolution, confirmed through the image quality icon in youtube setting while the video is playing. When i turn on HDR in youtube TV app settings the black goes darker so I assumed it works. I don't have external box so everything plays directly from the app sideloaded within.
I recommend anyone wanted to sideload app to install Aptoide TV (instead of just aptoide) as the "TV" version will filter the suitable app for Android TV instead of just normal mobile android. With aptoide u just search and install apk from within like u normally do with play store. U don't even need to rename it to .apk1 but of course you will need to do it once when u first install aptoide.
Greetings en0203. Thanks for the post and hope you're having fun with the Lune4K.
Have a few questions here and wonder if you may be kind enough to help:
1. I installed youtube tv from apkmirror, but it failed to run. Any links to to a working version?
2. Installed apatoid, but many menu options not accessible. Is keyboard/mouse required here? Any working link?
3. Netflix TV from apkmirror also failed to work. Link?
4. Did you have any lick with the free 4K shows provided by the built in app? I got an a00111error message.
5. Any idea which version of iqiyi/iqiyi vip would work on Lune4K?
6. How to access CCTV 4K?
7. The advance menu option in picture setting is not accessible. How to turn it on?
8. Which kodi version are did you install?
Many thanks and best regards,