BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread - Page 102 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2155Likes

post #3031 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 02:42 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
Probably not. But to use myself as an example, I just bought a refurbed Sony UBP-X700 4K BD player. At one stroke this will upscale my existing BD library, play new 4K BDs and has apps for streaming 4K content from my 4K capable online streaming services.

So maybe demo a 4K BD player at the same time.
Although I'm content with my 3D bluray player, it is a few years old. That will likely be my next upgrade. Good suggestion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
Do you have a PC or console gaming system that can output 4k?
With a PC, you can download some test videos and see...

Otherwise, you can buy a 4k Roku Premier for $30 on Amazon:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I've been considering buying a new roku, but given my old Denon A/V receiver lacks HDMI, I need a roku with audio out. This version lacks it. I'll search for a 4k roku with audio out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by glebonator View Post
I just bought an NVidia Shield, in addition to playing backed up blu rays it does Youtube and Netflix and Amazon etc, all of which have 4K content. Also games, though not sure how many would actually be in 4K. I used an old PC as my media center before, pleasantly surprised by how much an android-based system improved. No problem at all with 4K playback over lan, would recommend.
Never heard of Nvidia, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3032 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 03:08 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by awest74 View Post
Any change in input lag with new firmware? Im 9 days from my return date and would love to be able to keep it if it had under 30ms input lag.

thanks,
Adam
Lmao, not gonna happen man. Might as well stick to a 1080p projector or get a really good 4K monitor if input lag is that important to you.

7.2.4 BenQ/Marantz/HTD/Micca/SVS/Dayton
post #3033 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 176 Post(s)
Quoted: 2573 Post(s)
Liked: 2521
BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Apparently yes, sent you a pm too

EDIT: updated info below.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Last edited by sage11x; 05-09-2019 at 09:08 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3034 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 03:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 126 Post(s)
Liked: 128
For those looking for a hdmi 4k 60p cable may want to consider one from sewell direct. They are also available on Amazon. I'm using some with no issues. Scottyroo also has them in his setup. This is a budget cable compared to the fiber ones.

https://sewelldirect.com/premium-4k-hdmi-cable-30-ft-

Remember to get some shorter ones for components to receiver.

I did end up returning the HT3550 for the HT5550. One thing the HT3550 does better is no light bleed in front of the projector. I'm getting a bit of splash of light on the ceiling still not as bad as the 2050.
rontalley likes this.
post #3035 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 03:28 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddoggin View Post
Although I'm content with my 3D bluray player, it is a few years old. That will likely be my next upgrade. Good suggestion.

I've been considering buying a new roku, but given my old Denon A/V receiver lacks HDMI, I need a roku with audio out. This version lacks it. I'll search for a 4k roku with audio out.

Never heard of Nvidia, but thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out.
My amp is an 8 year old Phillips HTS3051BV (combined BD player and 5.1 amp) but it has lots of aux audio inputs (HTPC, HD TV tuner, 3D BD player , region free DVD player currently connected) so I will be using the 5.1 coax aux out on the UBP-X700 and connecting it to my amp's 5.1 aux input. I actually don't have a 4K PJ yet, but intend to get one soon and when I do I will continue to use my existing PJ with the current setup (HDMI shared via 4-1 switch) and use the UBP-X700 to replace my 3D BD player to exclusively feed 4K content to whatever 4K PJ I get.

Converting my HTPC to 4K capability would be more expensive while a 4K RoKu or similar device won't upscale my BDs, without lots of jumping through hoops and hassle via output from the HTPC.
sage11x likes this.
post #3036 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 03:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
My amp is an 8 year old Phillips HTS3051BV (combined BD player and 5.1 amp) but it has lots of aux audio inputs (HTPC, HD TV tuner, 3D BD player , region free DVD player currently connected) so I will be using the 5.1 coax aux out on the UBP-X700 and connecting it to my amp's 5.1 aux input. I actually don't have a 4K PJ yet, but intend to get one soon and when I do I will continue to use my existing PJ with the current setup (HDMI shared via 4-1 switch) and use the UBP-X700 to replace my 3D BD player to exclusively feed 4K content to whatever 4K PJ I get.

Converting my HTPC to 4K capability would be more expensive while a 4K RoKu or similar device won't upscale my BDs, without lots of jumping through hoops and hassle via output from the HTPC.

Same.

I’m still using an Onkyo 6 series from several years back. Technically it’s 4K passthru but it lacks the latest HDCP so it is, in effect, useless for 4K passthru.

Which is why I bought the X800 a year or two ago. Two HDMI outputs, one for video and one for audio, means I can skip the AVR entirely while still getting lossless audio.

Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

post #3037 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 04:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
For those looking for a hdmi 4k 60p cable may want to consider one from sewell direct. They are also available on Amazon. I'm using some with no issues. Scottyroo also has them in his setup. This is a budget cable compared to the fiber ones.

https://sewelldirect.com/premium-4k-hdmi-cable-30-ft-

Remember to get some shorter ones for components to receiver.

I did end up returning the HT3550 for the HT5550. One thing the HT3550 does better is no light bleed in front of the projector. I'm getting a bit of splash of light on the ceiling still not as bad as the 2050.
I have to say, other than the obvious stuff like 4K/hdr/improved contrast... the reduced light leakage of the 3550 vs the 2050 is probably my favorite “bonus” benefit. Although this projector is a bit louder when watching quieter movies, so win some lose some I guess. At least I already watched “A Quiet Place” before upgrading haha.
Wesley Hester and sage11x like this.

11ft x 13ft Theater Room w/ 2x rows of 2x Seatcraft Rialto Leather Powered Recliners
BenQ HT3550 4K XPR DLP projector w/ Silver Ticket 100" 16:9 Aspect Ratio Screen
Yamaha RX-V683BL AVR w/ Klipsch 5.2.2 Atmos Surround System
PS4 Slim, Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch, AppleTV 4K
post #3038 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 05:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdupuis77 View Post
I have to say, other than the obvious stuff like 4K/hdr/improved contrast... the reduced light leakage of the 3550 vs the 2050 is probably my favorite “bonus” benefit. Although this projector is a bit louder when watching quieter movies, so win some lose some I guess. At least I already watched “A Quiet Place” before upgrading haha.

Most notably around the lens. I actually wonder how much better the HT2050A’s contrast might be if they could plug that...

post #3039 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 06:08 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Quote:

Most notably around the lens. I actually wonder how much better the HT2050A’s contrast might be if they could plug that...
Oh absolutely, not only the lens but the vents up front too! It’s so nice to look up and see nothing glowing above me lol.

11ft x 13ft Theater Room w/ 2x rows of 2x Seatcraft Rialto Leather Powered Recliners
BenQ HT3550 4K XPR DLP projector w/ Silver Ticket 100" 16:9 Aspect Ratio Screen
Yamaha RX-V683BL AVR w/ Klipsch 5.2.2 Atmos Surround System
PS4 Slim, Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch, AppleTV 4K
post #3040 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 08:06 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 134 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Oh absolutely, not only the lens but the vents up front too! It’s so nice to look up and see nothing glowing above me lol.
That square slider on the 2050a gets me every time.

On a side note, I'm surprised there isn't a market for vinyl skins for projectors since so many are done in some shade of white. A nice matte black vinyl skin would probably sell well.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
post #3041 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 09:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@subacabra

I stand corrected. Looks like the iris will be able to be upgraded via USB. They found a way! And it sounds like we’re getting strength settings for the iris as well— something I mentioned in my review but really honestly didn’t think would happen.

Say what you will but this company really takes customer feedback to heart. Happy to see this on the horizon and looking forward to testing it out!

post #3042 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 09:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 45 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1561 Post(s)
Liked: 4580
Quote:
@subacabra

I stand corrected. Looks like the iris will be able to be upgraded via USB. They found a way! And it sounds like we’re getting strength settings for the iris as well— something I mentioned in my review but really honestly didn’t think would happen.

Say what you will but this company really takes customer feedback to heart. Happy to see this on the horizon and looking forward to testing it out!
Sage, great news!! I'll also give props to Benq as they have been very responsive to all our issues and concerns. Big shout out to Jeffrey!
Exciting stuff, really looking forward to what this upcoming firmware will do.
On a side note, watching The Maze Runner The Death Cure 4k now and wow, phenomenal picture!
post #3043 of 3891 Old 05-09-2019, 11:16 PM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Got lucky this end! - my original in wall cable was no good for the 2700 and as I have a relatively short run I was looking for another HDMI cable (non fibre)
After 1 false start I managed to get a 6 metre HDMI that worked perfectly for £11 …. bit better than having to drop £80 on a longer than needed fibre! - now just have to do the fun job of getting it back through the wall conduit
post #3044 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 04:26 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
@subacabra

More great news about this projector. Although last night I watched Guardians of The Galaxy 2 completely without issue. I also found this video on You Tube called Maldives. I believe it is just SDR and about as exciting as paint drying. But it is simply “look out your window” beautiful when it comes to tropical nature scenery. The 3550 does such a great job rendering the subtle blue green gradients of ocean water. So realistic I found myself reaching for the sun screen and a cold Modelo...
sage11x and subacabra like this.
post #3045 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 04:36 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfield View Post
More great news about this projector. Although last night I watched Guardians of The Galaxy 2 completely without issue. I also found this video on You Tube called Maldives. I believe it is just SDR and about as exciting as paint drying. But it is simply “look out your window” beautiful when it comes to tropical nature scenery. The 3550 does such a great job rendering the subtle blue green gradients of ocean water. So realistic I found myself reaching for the sun screen and a cold Modelo...
And another Corona got it's lime.
sage11x and Frank714 like this.
post #3046 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 05:42 AM

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 112
Quote:
@subacabra

This really is awesome news as the iris behavior really is my main complaint in an otherwise excellent projector. They must be ditching the TI algorithm for controlling that for one of their own which they will probably have a lot more control over. On a side note I wonder if any of these higher tariffs on goods from China will impact prices of these projectors for people that haven't bought one yet.
sage11x likes this.
post #3047 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrandonH View Post
This really is awesome news as the iris behavior really is my main complaint in an otherwise excellent projector. They must be ditching the TI algorithm for controlling that for one of their own which they will probably have a lot more control over. On a side note I wonder if any of these higher tariffs on goods from China will impact prices of these projectors for people that haven't bought one yet.

Hard to say. I should have more specifics about this soon. The ability to adjust the iris behavior is a welcome addition and BenQ is hinting at not two but three different ‘strength’ settings. That’s best case scenario in my book.

And who can say about the tariffs... the US political climate is such a train wreck I wonder if we’re going to even have a country from one week to the next.
DaGamePimp, Sonyad, NxNW and 1 others like this.

post #3048 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 09:33 AM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
I just got a new HT3550 from Amazon that is my
replacement for the HT3550 I returned to Benq. The colors and brightness are so much better on this projector. The only issue I’m having is this white/black line at the bottom of the image. Anyone else seeing this? I know some people have part of their image cut out but that’s not what I’m seeing. Picture attached.
So this issue just magically disappeared after switching from a HDR source to a SDR source and going back to a HDR source. It was either that or switching inputs real quick. Either way, I'll keep an eye on it but the issue is gone... talk about a wonky projector. Once the projector works out all the little quirks it will be a no-brainer for most people looking for a projector in this price range!

I've returned the TK800M. The 3550 is bright enough for my needs and if anyone feels they have brightness or color issues, it may be defective like my first one.
jblade44 likes this.
post #3049 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 11
For someone in a non light controlled space (basement that can get pitch black but with a white ceiling and light colored floor), would it make much of a difference getting the Epson 5050 over the BenQ 3550? I know it's a bit brighter than the BenQ, and since I was planning on trying an ALR grey screen, I thought it might help. I just don't know if the extra brightness is enough to do much. If the difference is minimal, I might as well save $1500.
post #3050 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
So this issue just magically disappeared after switching from a HDR source to a SDR source and going back to a HDR source. It was either that or switching inputs real quick. Either way, I'll keep an eye on it but the issue is gone... talk about a wonky projector. Once the projector works out all the little quirks it will be a no-brainer for most people looking for a projector in this price range!

I've returned the TK800M. The 3550 is bright enough for my needs and if anyone feels they have brightness or color issues, it may be defective like my first one.
You may be right. I've read the posts from those who are complaining about brightness and am having trouble fathoming it compared to what I'm seeing with my 3550. Heck, I'm running mine in eco mode with WGC and dynamic iris on, and brilliant color off, and feel it's perfect with those settings. I have very good light control in my theater room, but it's not a bat cave with black walls or anything like that.
post #3051 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 10:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malodium View Post
For someone in a non light controlled space (basement that can get pitch black but with a white ceiling and light colored floor), would it make much of a difference getting the Epson 5050 over the BenQ 3550? I know it's a bit brighter than the BenQ, and since I was planning on trying an ALR grey screen, I thought it might help. I just don't know if the extra brightness is enough to do much. If the difference is minimal, I might as well save $1500.
If you can afford the Epson 5050, go for it. It has better contrast, color gamut, brightness, and placement flexibility. It depends on if you believe that's worth $1500 more than the Benq 3550. They're not exactly direct competitors due to the price difference. Personally, when I tested the Epson 5040, I preferred the image that was displayed over the HT3550, but the projector is MASSIVE and didn't work in my apartment.

The HT3550 works fine in my living room with blackout curtains, and I have white walls/light tile flooring. I had brightness issues with the first projector I received, but the replacement has been better in every way.
post #3052 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 10:45 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
If you can afford the Epson 5050, go for it. It has better contrast, color gamut, brightness, and placement flexibility. It depends on if you believe that's worth $1500 more than the Benq 3550. They're not exactly direct competitors due to the price difference. Personally, when I tested the Epson 5040, I preferred the image that was displayed over the HT3550, but the projector is MASSIVE and didn't work in my apartment.

The HT3550 works fine in my living room with blackout curtains, and I have white walls/light tile flooring. I had brightness issues with the first projector I received, but the replacement has been better in every way.
Can you provide specifics on why you feel the 5040 was better than the 3550? I'm currently with the 3550, but I'm mildly suffering from the RBE, and considering the 5040 (refurbs are a great deal).

I had an LCD projector before, and the dust / convergence issues steered me towards the DLP. Also the size is another thing to consider (but arguably, the 5040 has much better placement controls with lens shift).
post #3053 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 10:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 142
I've been watching and following this projector and many others recently. Most of the UST models have been eyeballing have not panned out for my needs (center channel speaker location) and their pricing has actually increased too much for me. I've followed the HT5550 and new EPSON's as well. I feel my viewing environment is not ideal for the HT5550 and the new EPSON tech (even with its strong points) isn't as appealing to me and my needs compared to DLP at this level. I'm still a fan of this DLP tech for the price point despite the black levels and less than ideal contrast - the larger image size, colors and increased on screen resolution along with better and better color gamut coverage push it over the top value-wise for me.

With the news of a future firmware update to address issues and especially the DI -- I'm interested more. There has been a "Only 1 left in stock" at Amazon teasing me all day but I can hold off until post-firmware update to see what you owners think about it.

If I get the this projector, I will have to place it on a coffee table and will not be able to ceiling mount it for my 135" screen (11'1" to 14'5" distance required). I really like the minimized (zero?) light border of the updated DMD and reduced light leakage from the projector itself very much. I really like the lens shift too: something the Optoma projectors have got me hooked on. Of course, I have to have the 3D.

My first projector was an Optoma HD33 with 1800 advertised Lumens (1,114 measured) which was fine for my living room environment (heavily curtained - not blacked out - windows). I'm using a UHD51A (2,400 Lumens) and have used a UHD60 (3,000 Lumens) which obviously have been fine too. None can survive when my living room's ceiling fan lights are on though (which I have off when watching a projector anyway). I state all of this to say I would think the HT3550 (2,000 advertised Lumens) in HDR with the Wide Color Gamut filter in place would also be good too most of the time and especially at night, late evening when all of the my projectors (past and present) look their best in SDR and HDR.

Anyway, back to lurking around for now. Still enjoying my Optoma UHD51A.

Display: Optoma UHD51A Projector > Elite Screens R135WH1 ezFrame | 7.2.4 Audio: Onkyo TX-RZ920 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver, M-5010 2ch Amplifier; Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 1000(x10), SuperCube I & 4000 | Sources: PC, DirecTV, Apple 4K, Fire Stick 4K, Oppo UDP-203, Chromecast & Roku Ultras, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro & Nintendo Switch | Remote: Harmony Elite | HDMI: 40' Monoprice DynamicView+4x1 Switch

Last edited by Wesley Hester; 05-10-2019 at 10:51 AM.
post #3054 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:

Would just take another few months of saving the money, and not having that $1500 to spend elsewhere (I am finishing my basement). So I was trying to get a feel for how much better it might be in my particular situation. I know, it's quite subjective so it's not a very fair question. Some people seem to overall prefer the BenQ over the Epson, so it doesn't seem to be so clear cut. Wish I could put both in my basement for a while. I hate returning stuff heh...

It does sound like my setup is similar to yours though, and if you really like your BenQ it might be worth saving the money. This will be my first so I won't be comparing it to anything else, for good or bad! Thanks for the input!
Keltron likes this.
post #3055 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfelicio View Post
Can you provide specifics on why you feel the 5040 was better than the 3550? I'm currently with the 3550, but I'm mildly suffering from the RBE, and considering the 5040 (refurbs are a great deal).

I had an LCD projector before, and the dust / convergence issues steered me towards the DLP. Also the size is another thing to consider (but arguably, the 5040 has much better placement controls with lens shift).
I generally preferred the contrast and color gamut that the 5040UB had. It just "looked" better to me but of course that's subjective. The image wasn't as sharp, but that's only part of equation for a great picture. It also has lens memory, which was awesome for watching 2.35 movies. The only downside of the 5040UB as I already stated is the size of the projector (it's a damn behemoth compared to DLP projectors). It's almost 3x the size and 2x the weight of the HT3550. The other downside of the 5040UB is lack of 18gbps HDMI which means you were limited to 4K24fps HDR instead of 4K60 HDR.
post #3056 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 11:05 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Hello!

What's your opinions on using the wcg filter for gaming? I've been tinkering with it on and off and while I think it's great for movies I'm not so sure about games. I play games where the graphics are an important part of the experience. Do games benefit from the wide color gamut the same way as movies do? Do you gamers out there have wcg on or off?
post #3057 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 11:22 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogge99 View Post
Hello!

What's your opinions on using the wcg filter for gaming? I've been tinkering with it on and off and while I think it's great for movies I'm not so sure about games. I play games where the graphics are an important part of the experience. Do games benefit from the wide color gamut the same way as movies do? Do you gamers out there have wcg on or off?
Are you plying on a console by any chance? I have been lurking and planning to buy this in a couple of months. However various reviews show the lag to be somewhere around 60 70 ms. I don't know anything about lag as I play ps4 pro on my tv now. How bad is 70 ms? Is it something which should worry a casual gamer as well or is it just stats for hardcore gamers to worry about?

Sent from my Redmi Note 7 Pro using Tapatalk
post #3058 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 01:18 PM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Something else came to mind as I continued my research into potentially buying this PJ. In doing my due diligence, the inevitable question arose: is 4k worth it?

I sit 12 feet from a 110 inch screen in a light-controlled room. (For the sake of my hearing, I can't sit much closer.) I hadn't given these facts much thought as I figured they were inconsequential.

But then I found posts from as recent as a few months ago opining that, at my screen size and distance, 4k might not be worth it. And as a watched a sampling of blu ray scenes on my Sony 45es last night, I wondered how much clearer/better could 4k be than this?

Which leaves me asking, is the 3550 -- specifically the 3550 -- high enough quality to override my screen size/viewing distance situation? Or am I better off sticking with 1080p?
post #3059 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 01:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birddoggin View Post
Something else came to mind as I continued my research into potentially buying this PJ. In doing my due diligence, the inevitable question arose: is 4k worth it?

I sit 12 feet from a 110 inch screen in a light-controlled room. (For the sake of my hearing, I can't sit much closer.) I hadn't given these facts much thought as I figured they were inconsequential.

But then I found posts from as recent as a few months ago opining that, at my screen size and distance, 4k might not be worth it. And as a watched a sampling of blu ray scenes on my Sony 45es last night, I wondered how much clearer/better could 4k be than this?

Which leaves me asking, is the 3550 -- specifically the 3550 -- high enough quality to override my screen size/viewing distance situation? Or am I better off sticking with 1080p?
You may or may not see the resolution difference, but HDR in itself is why a lot of people upgrade to 4K and watch 4K blu rays.
post #3060 of 3891 Old 05-10-2019, 02:10 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
You may or may not see the resolution difference, but HDR in itself is why a lot of people upgrade to 4K and watch 4K blu rays.
I would agree with this statement, at least for myself. I do tend to notice the biggest difference when viewing HDR content, especially in Xbox One X games like Assassin's Creed Odyssey, looks amazing! Regular 4K content and 1080P I have a hard time noticing that wow factor difference coming from my BenQ W1070. I might have to do an experiment and switch back to old projector to really know for sure, but kind of a pain... i.e. Even though W1070 was 1080p, those 4K Youtube videos I remember looked pretty darn nice on it.

Note: I sit maybe 13 feet from a 112" screen.
JPHCCFC likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page