BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread - Page 106 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2356Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3151 of 4216 Old 05-15-2019, 09:49 PM
Senior Member
 
home4sale2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAnonymous View Post
Yea, we are thinking similarly. But got to say it's already been a long wait (2+ yrs) for affordable non-faux 4k projector with wcg, dynamic iris... I wonder how long of a wait for a $1750 and below refurb laser/led 4k UST with good contrast, wcg, dci-p3 coverage. The LG HU85LA refurb dropped to $1,650. The upcoming Optoma p1 looks most promising at $3000 and only one with 3D! Not sure if I can tell the difference between 90% dci-p3 vs 95% dci-p3 of the ht3550. However, it doesn't have dynamic iris for better black.



Buying a benq ht3550 today at $1500 most likely means being committed to it for 3 years at least or taking a big loss when upgrading to the next projector. It is true that if a person is always waiting for the next big thing, they will always be waiting and not enjoying. But major leaps in projector tech doesn't come that often. I don't really need laser/led UST but that is a major leap for the future of projectors. If 4k laser/led ust gets better black levels it could cause ht3550 buyer remorse at $1500 when 4k laser/led ust becomes more affordable and closes the price gap (closer to $1500 launch price of ht3550). And a yr from now ppl might be asking whether to get the refurb laser/led UST or get the cheaper refurb ht3550 (continue to be best bang for the buck). But that is even more waiting instead of enjoying now...Sorry, kind of went on a rant.


Unless you’re 2-3 generations behind, you’ll always pay more no matter what. Live a little, why not.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
home4sale2 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3152 of 4216 Old 05-15-2019, 10:02 PM
Member
 
jbnpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAnonymous View Post
affordable non-faux 4k projector with wcg, dynamic iris... I wonder how long of a wait for a $1750 and below refurb laser/led 4k UST with good contrast, wcg, dci-p3 coverage.

Ah.. I don't think such a projector exists today even in the 10k range.

Yes but It would be great to have one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jbnpaul is offline  
post #3153 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 12:50 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello

I have a question about the projector ans hdmi range.

What hdmi range between 0-235 and 0-255 ?

And better to use rgb or yuv ?

Thanks
Boomer749 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3154 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 02:37 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2018
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Does the BenQ W2700 really have the exact same Vertical Lens Shift as the old BenQ W1070? I'm looking for an replacement Projector but i'd could use a little more Lens Shift if possible
Nyrad2k is offline  
post #3155 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 02:43 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Same as the w1070
Boomer749 is offline  
post #3156 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 04:28 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/benq-ci...?skuId=6337423


BestBuy is finally up.... at $2,000?


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Amazon also up, 4 left in stock!

Last edited by Delumine; 05-16-2019 at 04:33 AM.
Delumine is offline  
post #3157 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 04:49 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Wesley Hester's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Selma, Alabama, USA
Posts: 2,419
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 143
Yes, I've been keeping up with the inventories. Don't forget Projector People has had some too.

I'm more interested in hearing about a firmware update release date.

Display: Optoma UHD51A Projector > Elite Screens R135WH1 ezFrame | 7.2.4 Audio: Onkyo TX-RZ920 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver, M-5010 2ch Amplifier; Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 1000(x10), SuperCube I & 4000 | Sources: PC, DirecTV, Apple 4K, Fire Stick 4K, Oppo UDP-203, Chromecast & Roku Ultras, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro & Nintendo Switch | Remote: Harmony Elite | HDMI: 40' Monoprice DynamicView+4x1 Switch
Wesley Hester is offline  
post #3158 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 04:52 AM
Senior Member
 
andy4theherd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Lexington, KY
Posts: 349
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L84U View Post

Most of the time it's the colors (for the whole picture) rapidly shift from one color to another, like a rainbow. I tried toggling every setting I could find and none of them did anything. The only thing that ever worked was to reboot
This is the same problem I posted about earlier. I also tried every setting with no luck. What is your input source when having the issue? I'm seeing it from a Fire 4k stick.
andy4theherd is offline  
post #3159 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 05:26 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delumine View Post
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/benq-ci...?skuId=6337423


BestBuy is finally up.... at $2,000?


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1


Amazon also up, 4 left in stock!
I bought mine last night from Best Buy. Just contact them via chat to price match Amazon like I did.

This will be replacing an HT2050(not A). I see that some recent posts say that they were not impressed with the HT3550 over the 2050. Can anyone else chime in? Current setup is in a light controlled room on a 100" screen.

Last edited by xealo; 05-16-2019 at 06:16 AM.
xealo is offline  
post #3160 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 07:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tonybradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,372
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley Hester View Post
Yes, I've been keeping up with the inventories. Don't forget Projector People has had some too.

I'm more interested in hearing about a firmware update release date.
Same here. Too risky for me to pay $1500 with all these bugs right now. Although I realize many are ok with bugs at this price due to the great picture quality after working through them, that's not for me. Once the Firmware is out and folks have reported back that the issues have been resolved, I will give one a try.
Wesley Hester likes this.

Tony
tonybradley is offline  
post #3161 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 07:08 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello!
I finally got it (date of production: March)! But I have some issues:
1. Visible chromatic aberration especially on test pattern (as people mentioned above)
2. Bad color calibration (color are dull, dirty etc)


Is it possible to fix these issues by new firmware or I should return projector for replacement? Maybe someone has an idea this is software problem or hardware?
Ogiv is online now  
post #3162 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 08:00 AM
Newbie
 
htaddicted's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all,

I've been using the HT3550 for few days now. This is my first projector and wow the image it puts out is simply SUPERB!
There are couple of things that have bothered me a little:
1) Noise - It's louder than I expected. If you have the projector on mute then definitely you will hear it, even 15 ft away. I'm not sure if this is acceptable for a projector but may just have to leave with it. I really love the image it puts out and right now i'm just projecting on a wall.
2) 3D - I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have couple of 3D clips that I tried to watch (set the Side-by-side mode on the projector) but it still did not work. Do I need active 3D glasses with this projector? or is Passive 3D glasses OK? I only have passive 3D glasses. Would love to see 3D movie on a giant screen.

I also bought the Mount-It mount from Amazon but have not installed it yet. Is that a good mount for this projector should I get something else? I need mount that extends down 16" from the ceiling so that's why I went with that mount.
htaddicted is offline  
post #3163 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 08:01 AM
Member
 
2L84U's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 77
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy4theherd View Post
This is the same problem I posted about earlier. I also tried every setting with no luck. What is your input source when having the issue? I'm seeing it from a Fire 4k stick.
Usually an Nvidia Shield TV. I've followed this thread on and off and a lot of people have experienced it. I think it's just something we'll have to await a firmware fix for.
2L84U is offline  
post #3164 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 08:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post
Unless you’re 2-3 generations behind, you’ll always pay more no matter what. Live a little, why not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You definitely do no need to wait for 2-3 gen for benq price drop especially on refurbish. But it will probably be 1 yr before we see ht3550 price drop. I definitely been looking forward to this projector since it was announced. I do want to enjoy it today and it is better. However, I am not sure if it is worth 2 to 3 times more than the ht2050 (I tested the 2 side by side for a while). It is just being smart with the money ($1500). Sometimes being a little patient instead of immediately getting the newest thing is not a bad move. I am on the fence about it that is why I mentioned that we already been waiting for 2+ yr for something like the ht3550. That is why I am trying to stay informed so I can consider all factors and debate whether to wait for 1 more yr. Maybe trump's trade war will cause projector prices to go up. Retailers can set their own price. Best buy selling these for $2000 when benq set the price to $1499.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbnpaul View Post
Ah.. I don't think such a projector exists today even in the 10k range.

Yes but It would be great to have one.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As mentioned, the optoma p1 3,000 lumen, 8.3 million pixel image (TI 0.47 DMD with XPR technology just like ht3550) on screen q2 street price is $3000 And price will drop (probably refurb. just like the LG HU80KA dropping to $1650). Not sure about black level. Same XPR tech but no dynamic iris. So similar to ht2050? But 90% dci-p3 is pretty decent. Plus 3D!

https://www.optoma.com/us/optoma-unv...ated-soundbar/
Wesley Hester likes this.

Last edited by IDAnonymous; 05-16-2019 at 08:20 AM.
IDAnonymous is offline  
post #3165 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 08:45 AM
Member
 
jblade44's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 80
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 40 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by htaddicted View Post
Hi all,

2) 3D - I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have couple of 3D clips that I tried to watch (set the Side-by-side mode on the projector) but it still did not work. Do I need active 3D glasses with this projector? or is Passive 3D glasses OK? I only have passive 3D glasses. Would love to see 3D movie on a giant screen.
For 3D SBS you need to make sure your source is set to 1080P.... IE.. If watching from a PC set resolution to 1080P.. if watching from Plex on set top box you need to set the box to 1080p resolution... it then will work
Spaded21 likes this.
jblade44 is offline  
post #3166 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 09:22 AM
Member
 
jbnpaul's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 158
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAnonymous View Post
You definitely do no need to wait for 2-3 gen for benq price drop especially on refurbish. But it will probably be 1 yr before we see ht3550 price drop. I definitely been looking forward to this projector since it was announced. I do want to enjoy it today and it is better. However, I am not sure if it is worth 2 to 3 times more than the ht2050 (I tested the 2 side by side for a while). It is just being smart with the money ($1500). Sometimes being a little patient instead of immediately getting the newest thing is not a bad move. I am on the fence about it that is why I mentioned that we already been waiting for 2+ yr for something like the ht3550. That is why I am trying to stay informed so I can consider all factors and debate whether to wait for 1 more yr. Maybe trump's trade war will cause projector prices to go up. Retailers can set their own price. Best buy selling these for $2000 when benq set the price to $1499.







As mentioned, the optoma p1 3,000 lumen, 8.3 million pixel image (TI 0.47 DMD with XPR technology just like ht3550) on screen q2 street price is $3000 And price will drop (probably refurb. just like the LG HU80KA dropping to $1650). Not sure about black level. Same XPR tech but no dynamic iris. So similar to ht2050? But 90% dci-p3 is pretty decent. Plus 3D!



https://www.optoma.com/us/optoma-unv...ated-soundbar/

Well then it's going to be fauxk, isn't it? So fails your first requirement.

Since we are in the 3550 thread... Realistically there is no reason for us to expect another xpr projector to offer better contrast than 3550 as long as they use the same dmd. I believe the low contrast is a dmd limitation and hence there is no working around it.





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Frank714 likes this.
jbnpaul is offline  
post #3167 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 09:27 AM
Member
 
zworykin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Posts: 140
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by htaddicted View Post
2) 3D - I don't know what I'm doing wrong but I have couple of 3D clips that I tried to watch (set the Side-by-side mode on the projector) but it still did not work. Do I need active 3D glasses with this projector? or is Passive 3D glasses OK? I only have passive 3D glasses. Would love to see 3D movie on a giant screen.
You'll need active glasses. Specifically, glasses that are "DLP Link" compatible. Easy to find and inexpensive.
Spaded21 likes this.
zworykin is offline  
post #3168 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 10:55 AM
Senior Member
 
home4sale2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDAnonymous View Post
You definitely do no need to wait for 2-3 gen for benq price drop especially on refurbish. But it will probably be 1 yr before we see ht3550 price drop. I definitely been looking forward to this projector since it was announced. I do want to enjoy it today and it is better. However, I am not sure if it is worth 2 to 3 times more than the ht2050 (I tested the 2 side by side for a while). It is just being smart with the money ($1500). Sometimes being a little patient instead of immediately getting the newest thing is not a bad move. I am on the fence about it that is why I mentioned that we already been waiting for 2+ yr for something like the ht3550. That is why I am trying to stay informed so I can consider all factors and debate whether to wait for 1 more yr. Maybe trump's trade war will cause projector prices to go up. Retailers can set their own price. Best buy selling these for $2000 when benq set the price to $1499.







As mentioned, the optoma p1 3,000 lumen, 8.3 million pixel image (TI 0.47 DMD with XPR technology just like ht3550) on screen q2 street price is $3000 And price will drop (probably refurb. just like the LG HU80KA dropping to $1650). Not sure about black level. Same XPR tech but no dynamic iris. So similar to ht2050? But 90% dci-p3 is pretty decent. Plus 3D!



https://www.optoma.com/us/optoma-unv...ated-soundbar/


I think the expectation here for some seems to be a lot more dramatic price drop than 10-20% off on refurb units. I stand by my statement earlier. It took 1080p numerous years to finally drop to half the price. Don’t expect 4K to drop to $500 anytime soon. I am willing to spend $350 per year for the next 3-4 years to enjoy what I want now. Incrementally it’s another $100 per year than if I wait a year. Like I said live a little.

On another note, I was advised that my replacement unit will arrive in a week and will have the latest firmware. It will only enhance my existing experience, that’s my hope. Happy to provide feedback.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
home4sale2 is offline  
post #3169 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogiv View Post
Hello!
I finally got it (date of production: March)! But I have some issues:
1. Visible chromatic aberration especially on test pattern (as people mentioned above)
2. Bad color calibration (color are dull, dirty etc)


Is it possible to fix these issues by new firmware or I should return projector for replacement? Maybe someone has an idea this is software problem or hardware?
Return it. It sounds like the issue that I had with 2 of the 3 that I received. Exchange it until you get one with accurate colors. You will be able to tell. It’s a big difference. Biggest indicator is that the whites will actually look white.
Keltron is offline  
post #3170 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 11:40 AM
Member
 
satipo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Black screen and projector freeze playing 4K discs

Hi all,

I received my HT3550 last weekend and have had it hooked to my NVIDIA Shield TV, as well as PS4, and HD Blu-Ray player.
Everything has been working well for the most part. Mostly testing non-4K while running through an older Yamaha AVR, but I've also tried 4K HDR material from VUDU when directly hooked from the Shield to the Projector, and it worked well.

Today, I tried hooking up a 4K blu-ray player ( Sony UBP-X700 ) and ran into some issues. I ran a 4K HDR Premium certified 25ft HDMI cable from the X700 to the projector. I ran a 2nd HDMI out from the X700 to the Yamaha for audio.

I then tried the 4K disc for Spiderverse. The trailer played OK, but when I tried to go to the menu, I got left half of the screen blank, the right half had the menu. When I tried to pull up the projector settings, they were only visible on the right half, so I couldn't see what I was selecting. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI, and the screen was completely blank ( Audio was playing OK ). The projector also would not respond to the power off commands, and I had to reboot by unplugging and plugging back in.

When it came back up, I was able to play the disc, and it looked and sounded great.
I then tried switching the disc, and put in 4K Mad Max: Fury Road, and the Warners Brothers logo came up, but when it went to the main menu, I had the same problem. I could hear the audio, but the screen was blank. I could not see any projector menu settings, and the projector did not respond to the power off button press.

Has any one had a problem like this? Is this possibly related to the HDMI cable, i.e., do I need a fiber cable? Or is there something I need to disable or change on the blu-ray player that could be causing handshake issues. Whatever is happening seems to lock up the projector.

Thanks for any help

Last edited by satipo; 05-16-2019 at 11:49 AM.
satipo is offline  
post #3171 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 11:41 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
Return it. It sounds like the issue that I had with 2 of the 3 that I received. Exchange it until you get one with accurate colors. You will be able to tell. It’s a big difference. Biggest indicator is that the whites will actually look white.
Thank you! What about chromatic aberration? Do you have it in new unit or this defect also gone?
Ogiv is online now  
post #3172 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 11:43 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 71
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ogiv View Post
Thank you! What about chromatic aberration? Do you have it in new unit or this defect also gone?
I still have a little chromatic aberration... I think it's just part of this projector. I only see it with white subtitles, the test pattern, or any other high contrast image. It's not something I see frequently with normal viewing. I'm also viewing a little closer than most people... roughly 9-10 feet from 100" screen.
Keltron is offline  
post #3173 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 12:59 PM
Super Moderator
 
teachsac's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 14,042
Mentioned: 77 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1242 Post(s)
Liked: 2052
Posts removed. Please read the sticky:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...als-forum.html

Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.

Panasonic DP-UB820 -> Yamaha CX-A5100 -> Sony XBR-75X940C; Mediabridge 6' and 15' HDMI cables.
teachsac is offline  
post #3174 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 01:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
tonybradley's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: Charleston, WV
Posts: 4,372
Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 213
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post

On another note, I was advised that my replacement unit will arrive in a week and will have the latest firmware. It will only enhance my existing experience, that’s my hope. Happy to provide feedback.
Can you elaborate on "latest firmware"? Is this the firmware that someone else was told by BenQ that would correct a lot of these bugs?
msankadi likes this.

Tony
tonybradley is offline  
post #3175 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 01:32 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No chromatic aberration here


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Delumine is offline  
post #3176 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 04:02 PM
Senior Member
 
home4sale2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post
Can you elaborate on "latest firmware"? Is this the firmware that someone else was told by BenQ that would correct a lot of these bugs?
Hi Tony, I am told it's a newer release. No tracking number yet, I expect 5-7 days before I see it. I didn't see a point in paying for expedited shipping as I have a working projector.
home4sale2 is offline  
post #3177 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 04:06 PM
Senior Member
 
home4sale2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Posts: 217
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by satipo View Post
Hi all,

I received my HT3550 last weekend and have had it hooked to my NVIDIA Shield TV, as well as PS4, and HD Blu-Ray player.
Everything has been working well for the most part. Mostly testing non-4K while running through an older Yamaha AVR, but I've also tried 4K HDR material from VUDU when directly hooked from the Shield to the Projector, and it worked well.

Today, I tried hooking up a 4K blu-ray player ( Sony UBP-X700 ) and ran into some issues. I ran a 4K HDR Premium certified 25ft HDMI cable from the X700 to the projector. I ran a 2nd HDMI out from the X700 to the Yamaha for audio.

I then tried the 4K disc for Spiderverse. The trailer played OK, but when I tried to go to the menu, I got left half of the screen blank, the right half had the menu. When I tried to pull up the projector settings, they were only visible on the right half, so I couldn't see what I was selecting. I tried disconnecting and reconnecting the HDMI, and the screen was completely blank ( Audio was playing OK ). The projector also would not respond to the power off commands, and I had to reboot by unplugging and plugging back in.

When it came back up, I was able to play the disc, and it looked and sounded great.
I then tried switching the disc, and put in 4K Mad Max: Fury Road, and the Warners Brothers logo came up, but when it went to the main menu, I had the same problem. I could hear the audio, but the screen was blank. I could not see any projector menu settings, and the projector did not respond to the power off button press.

Has any one had a problem like this? Is this possibly related to the HDMI cable, i.e., do I need a fiber cable? Or is there something I need to disable or change on the blu-ray player that could be causing handshake issues. Whatever is happening seems to lock up the projector.

Thanks for any help
Do you have a shorter 4K certified cable by chance?
home4sale2 is offline  
post #3178 of 4216 Old 05-16-2019, 10:21 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: Cornwall UK
Posts: 69
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 57
Just an update from the other side of the pond - I have had my 2700 for a couple of weeks now and watched a fair few movies through it and have to say it is rock solid.
After the usual wait for boot up while the unit sorts itself out up pops the image from my selected movie - a quick miss matched colour left/right image for about a second or so then the picture flicks to normal and away we go!

I run at factory settings as so far I have not felt the image was 'off' in any way and I do have a light controlled environment... lamp in eco for 1080P and WCG on for 4K content.
My set up is 120" Grey screen in a room 14" long meaning I am sat pretty much right under the Projector.

My only complaints (niggles to be honest!) a few more lumens would be nice - but that is just me being greedy and the fan noise, noticeable in the quiet parts of the movie but not bad enough to be an issue.

I plan to rig something up at a later date to further reduce the fan noise but as previously mentioned it is not an irritant - just noticeable when no sound from the films.
Overall, a very happy movie buff
NxNW likes this.
DLPdisciple is offline  
post #3179 of 4216 Old 05-17-2019, 01:39 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by andy4theherd View Post
Most of the time it's the colors (for the whole picture) rapidly shift from one color to another, like a rainbow. I tried toggling every setting I could find and none of them did anything. The only thing that ever worked was to reboot

This is the same problem I posted about earlier. I also tried every setting with no luck. What is your input source when having the issue? I'm seeing it from a Fire 4k stick.
I have the same probleme using Nvidia shield TV
jordan A is offline  
post #3180 of 4216 Old 05-17-2019, 04:38 AM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 29
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
To the owners, perhaps we can initiate a kind of survey with the manufacturing month and rev. and the problems we face so we can find some correlation

For instance mine:

Date: April
REV: 01-100

Problems:
- Half screen (need to put BC on/off)
- Ratting noise (should be XPR as it disapears when using Silence)
- WGC and BC together produce green image


On a fina note, I am really happy with (moving from W1070) it after I change the HDMI cables, not sure where I get the best image from all the different devices but I've tested and worked well with:
- Mi BOX
- Fire stick 4k
- HTPC (madvr+mpc)
- Android box with Coreelec (S912)

All of them work well with ycbcr 422 10b or 12b (didn't check other for the moment) To my eyes the fire stick produce a slight better image, but it is quite subjective and maybe linked to a lot of things.
msankadi likes this.
pviader is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off