BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread - Page 117 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2849Likes

post #3481 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 08:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 63 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2457 Post(s)
Liked: 1325
Quote:
Originally Posted by oztheatre View Post
At it's price point yes, but the contrast will be very low regardless. Anyone reputable got numbers? I'm guessing native 700:1, dynamic maybe 2000:1 ?
I believe Cine4 measured 1400:1, but that does sound a bit high considering some said it didn't look that high.
Dynamic will depend on DI setting, most people are probably getting around 4000:1 on the DI in medium I am guessing.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3482 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 08:22 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
Benq's were typically sharper than Epson LCD's, if this trend has reversed itself, that would be something new, but this is 4k we are talking about now. As far as sub $2000 DLP's go, there are ones sharper than LCOS and LCD...

However, this Benq has a shorter throw range which makes it harder to make without CA. The ht5550 might be a bit better in that regard.

It depends on the color of the CA just as much as the size, blue has the least effect. It depends how dark the purple (red+blue) is and this being 4k, might make it harder to see. CA doesn't generally affect movies much unless it's very severe, it will affect HTPC text much more.

You can still get a pixel perfect image with some projectors with CA issues, unless totally severe, the CA will not always bleed through on larger blocks of pixels. The CA is often caused by extreme 2-4 pixel white and black clusters next to each other, but not all colors will show it, even on a test pattern. Even if you manipulate the white pixels to for a larger square the CA outlines will sometimes disappear.

However, I don't know about this specific unit.
Well DLP doesn't suffer from panel alignment problems so they'll often look sharper. The new epson 6050 has the better optics over the 5050 so that would be why it looks cleaner and sharper.
The benqs aren't native 4k, thought they were 3k upscaled?
post #3483 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 08:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 55 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1737 Post(s)
Liked: 4991
Put about five hours on the pj today with varying content. Bunch of DtvNow through Roku Ultra, blu ray and uhd through Sony x800. No wacky issues today.
Watched some Gravity Luxe Edition in cinema mode and it looked very nice.
Preferred cinema over d cinema.
Next up was Avatar. This looked wonderful as well. Forgot just how great this movie looked.
Colors and detail were superb, blacks were definitely a notch(or three lol) above my ht2050.
Finished with some Avengers uhd with wcg off, bc on and it too was top notch.
Experimented with iris and found the middle setting produced the best results.
I could not see any noticeable difference between medium and high, and did not see any flickering or hear any ticking noises in any mode.
Also, I played some Mortal Combat 11 on Xbox one x earlier and though it lacked the depth of my Sony 900e it still looked terrific. Even my 5 year old commented on how bright the hdr was and how nice it looked lol
On a side note, I'm well aware this is a budget 4k projector, and yes it has its bugs etc but overall I'm still very happy with it.
Would I like a JVC or Sony 4k pj..of course! But like most I'm not made of money so I will make the most of what I have
Here are a couple of shots of Avatar and Avengers.
curtlots and Samfield like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3484 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 08:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Back from vacation and after some quick finagling and some mount Frankensteining have it up and running.

Picture is great, brightness is better than expected and while it is loud i really don't mind it all that much .... two HUGE fingerprints on the lens, luck my wife is photographer and she keeps a ton of lens tissue in stock.

But the loudness did clue me in on something, I kept hearing the Pixel Shifting randomly turning on and off. It will run fine, chugging along with it drull hum, then I just randomly hear it kick off and on at random intervals. Anyone else experiencing this?

Settings are essentially out of the box settings, it is updated to the newest firmware that has been floating around here

Check the video of the issue here:

Beer Massif/ve Beers :: U.S. based windbag who won't shut up about beer :: Lord Commander of the Beer Massif Podcast ::youtube.com/massivebeers
BenQ W1070 | 100" Dalite Fixed Screen
Onkyo NR-676 | BIC America: DV64 Towers : DV62CLR-S Center : DV62si Surrounds : V1020 Sub
Intel 2600k at 4.6GHZ w/ Asus GTX1070 | Playstation 4 | Playstation 3

Last edited by futurecode; 06-04-2019 at 07:50 AM.
post #3485 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 09:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurecode View Post
Back from vacation and after some quick finagling and some mount Frankensteining in have it up and running.

Picture is great, brightness is better than expected and while it is loud i really don't mind it all that much .... two HUGE fingerprints on the lens, luck my wife is photographer and she keeps a ton of lens tissue in stock.

But the loudness did clue me in on something, I kept hearing the Pixel Shifting randomly turning on and off. It will run fine, chugging along with it druill hum, then I just randomly hear ity kick off and on at random intervals. Anyone else experiencing this?

Settings are essentially out of the box settings, it is updated to the newest firmware that has been flaoting around here

Check the video of the issue here:

https://youtu.be/_wEabUfF9F0

Funny, mine also had a huge thumbprint on the lens, but also some sticky gunk on the back. But my lens also kind of looked scuffed, so it's being replaced.
post #3486 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 09:02 PM

Quote:
Well DLP doesn't suffer from panel alignment problems so they'll often look sharper. The new epson 6050 has the better optics over the 5050 so that would be why it looks cleaner and sharper.
The benqs aren't native 4k, thought they were 3k upscaled?
Yah, but Epson's pseudo 4k is reliant on a wider pixel fill which has it's own issues with noise and other artifacts.
The Pseudo 4k DLP's have superior e-shift compared to the Epsons.

When Epson makes a Native 4k LCD panel, then that might be an amazing projector even competing wtih the more expensive JVC's, especially if Epson continues to tweak their DI algorithm.

I would love for Epson to make a Native 4k projector with a 4k LCD panel.

One of the reasons it is hard to make projector native 4k cheaply is because the pixels have to be much smaller than a TV, as they are magnified from the panel, in contrast to a TV has a larger width and size to make a larger panel.
sage11x likes this.

post #3487 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 10:33 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by theagent View Post
For those of you who ordered directly from Benq, did yours ship in just the product box itself?

I need to ship mine out and just want to be sure it's protected enough with just that box.

Just the product box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
theagent likes this.
post #3488 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post
Just the product box.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cool, thanks.
post #3489 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 11:13 PM

Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Quote:
Yah, but Epson's pseudo 4k is reliant on a wider pixel fill which has it's own issues with noise and other artifacts.
The Pseudo 4k DLP's have superior e-shift compared to the Epsons.

When Epson makes a Native 4k LCD panel, then that might be an amazing projector even competing wtih the more expensive JVC's, especially if Epson continues to tweak their DI algorithm.

I would love for Epson to make a Native 4k projector with a 4k LCD panel.

One of the reasons it is hard to make projector native 4k cheaply is because the pixels have to be much smaller than a TV, as they are magnified from the panel, in contrast to a TV has a larger width and size to make a larger panel.
Well I can tell you right now, none of that is an issue unless you're sitting 3ft from your screen.
Compared them all side by side, the Epson wins period.
post #3490 of 5047 Old 06-02-2019, 11:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 140
Here's a pic of the CA on my HT5550 to compare. The HT3550 i had was worse. I've been really happy with the HT5550 other than the rattling iris that hopefully will be fixed soon. You guys are lucky to get the updates first.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190602_235124_1559541317546.jpg
Views:	310
Size:	2.33 MB
ID:	2575184  
coderguy and Frank714 like this.
post #3491 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 02:58 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by rontalley View Post
I am not sure if I see a difference with Dynamic Iris On/Off including the new FW. I also don’t here any “clicking”. Have these units been reported that DI is not working? Is the effect subtle or should I be “seeing” a dramatic difference?
I was the same as you, but I was trying to see a difference during the day when I still had a lot of light in the room and I could not see any difference. I thought it might have been broken also, but when I tried it at night when it was completely dark, I could see a subtle difference. It's definitely not a dramatic change, but it is noticeable.
post #3492 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 03:37 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Well I can tell you right now, none of that is an issue unless you're sitting 3ft from your screen.
Compared them all side by side, the Epson wins period.
Hi I am up north of you and can not get down there to see, but how does the Epson compare on motion resolution to the DLPs
post #3493 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 05:55 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Seriously off topic..
post #3494 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 08:00 AM

Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Officially 3 weeks till we move into the house and I can use my theater room. They are finishing up this week they said. I have collected 45 3D movies to my collection thanks to a friend. I saw the reviews on here that included 3D and said it was good, never had home 3D before, anybody else tested it out and can confirm that it is good? Most of my 3D are Side by Side files, excited to give it a spin and I am planning on getting a number of the active 3D glasses that work with BenQ in the coming weeks.
post #3495 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 08:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 459 Post(s)
Liked: 493
How is 3D on the 3550? I've yet to try it. Need to pick up some glasses.

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
post #3496 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 10:08 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian18 View Post
Let me try again

That looks like the lens flare JJ crams into all his movies. You’re probably just now noticing it.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #3497 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bachelor View Post
Here's a pic of the CA on my HT5550 to compare. The HT3550 i had was worse. I've been really happy with the HT5550 other than the rattling iris that hopefully will be fixed soon. You guys are lucky to get the updates first.
Since you've had both the HT3550 and the HT5550 how do they compare ? Is the HT5550 a significantly better picture warranting the extra money.
post #3498 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 10:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 206 Post(s)
Quoted: 2811 Post(s)
Liked: 2833
Quote:
At it's price point yes, but the contrast will be very low regardless. Anyone reputable got numbers? I'm guessing native 700:1, dynamic maybe 2000:1 ?

As for sophisticated glass optics... I can tell you now, the plastic lenses on a 10 year old jvc are far better than this, it's not even close. Touting 'all glass optics' doesn't mean anything if the glass elements are made on the cheap and arranged the same way. They, like all the others, are just on the same bandwagon, trying wow you with fancy terms. Those small bk7 elements can be produced for a couple of bucks each and coated for the same!

I think it's a good projector for the money I really do, but it doesn't compete with anything more expensive, like the 5700, or step up again to the Epson 6050. I've had all 3 side by side. It's not meant to anyway hence the pricing. I don't know what other $1500 dlp machines are there to compete with it anyway? optoma?

With regards to test patterns, yes obviously we don't watch them. I look at test patters as like a doctor for the projector, it will show what's wrong with it in some areas. They should always be used. But you can see the CA during movies, it's not hard to miss at most times.

The problem is though, if those CA problems were not there, you don't realise how much BETTER the image would be. That's why people buy projectors with good optics, like the LK models and the more expensive Sony's and now this new Epson 6050.

Let's just keep this within the realms of reality eh

So you’re saying that a projector that costs $1000 more (BenQ W5700/HT5550), a projector that costs twice as much (the Epson 6050) and a projector that costs more than 5 times as much (BenQ LK990) all have better optics and look better than this $1500 BenQ HT3550.... you don’t say.

I’m sorry but I’m not seeing your point. Is your point that people should just spend more? You agree with me in your first sentence and then go on to list projectors WAY outside the Ht3550’s price point as supposed competition. Those models are not competitors for the Ht3550. I would expect projectors costing thousands more to have better performance. If someone is the means to purchase a more expensive projector they should expect higher levels of picture quality. But, not everyone has the money or the desire to spend more.

Also, what exactly is the “realm of reality” and when did we wander out of it?

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #3499 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
However, this Benq has a shorter throw range which makes it harder to make without CA.
Dumb question,

does setting the zoom range have any bearing in increasing or decreasing CA? Is it best to keep it close to center?
post #3500 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 11:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brusteraider View Post
Since you've had both the HT3550 and the HT5550 how do they compare ? Is the HT5550 a significantly better picture warranting the extra money.
The difference and reasons may not be for everyone since we are talking about $1k between the two. There is truth to the law of diminishing returns. Some of us can understand this too coming from a HT2050 to the HT3550 which many here including myself have done.

The HT5550 takes what the HT3550 has and refines it.

I had to move the HT5550 one foot back to accommodate the same 120" screen.
Sharper (tighter focus) focus ring easier to dial in and not as stiff
Brighter in regards to contrast ratio which to me makes it more dynamic from dark to light.
Fan is much quieter
horizontal and more vertical lens shift
No internal speaker

100% DI-P3 which is amazing with WCG on and is watchable. I didn't like the HT3550 WCG which is the number one reason i returned it. There was a turquoise/cyan hue to the image with the filter. Also brilliant color added a greenish tint. This does not happen on the HT5550. People here have reported good results but my unit didn't exhibit that. To add a bit more the unit I had had poor focusing in the top left corner, CA was poor in the corners, I had to adjust the keystone every time I turned it on, the half and half issue which I believe has been resolved. The iris issue but now has been resolved. I had the HT3550 in March when the firmware talk was new. All of those annoyances I am not having with the HT5550. It just works.

3d is a better image. Not sure if the depths/popouts were significantly improved. Didn't spend too much time with 3d yet but what I have watched has been enjoyable.

Dynamic iris makes the blacks darker than the HT3550 this was before the firmware upgrade for it and can't compare now. The one negative is I'm getting a rattling sound with the iris on. The HT5550 is due for a firmware upgrade as well but still waiting.

The HT5550 is harder to find to purchase which the HT3550 already was a challenge. I do think the HT5550 produced a better image than the Epson 5050UB. I won't go into detail on that topic but think I'm just a DLP fan. We can take that over to the HT5550 thread.

My situation is mostly 4k UHD playback with blus mixed in and then some 3d content. I don't game or watch everyday tv on it.

I was lucky to meet up with Scottyroo who had the HT3550, HT5550 and the Epson 5050UB all at the same time which provided perspective.

The HT3550 is a great option at its price point and what it offers. I don't want to discredit that at all. There are some added benefits with spending more and that's your decision.

I do enjoy the more activity over here than the HT5550 thread....
diablo900t, coderguy and Frank714 like this.
post #3501 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 11:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 191 Post(s)
Liked: 146
"I didn't like the HT3550 WCG which is the number one reason i returned it. There was a turquoise/cyan hue to the image with the filter. Also brilliant color added a greenish tint."

That's one of my concerns with the HT3550. Not sure if the new firmware addresses both or either of them for everyone.

Display: Optoma UHD51A Projector > Elite Screens R135WH1 ezFrame | 7.2.4 Audio: Onkyo TX-RZ920 9.2ch Network A/V Receiver, M-5010 2ch Amplifier; Definitive Technology ProCenter 2000, ProMonitor 1000(x10), SuperCube I & 4000 | Sources: PC, DirecTV, Apple 4K, Fire Stick 4K, Oppo UDP-203, Chromecast & Roku Ultras, Xbox One X, PlayStation 4 Pro & Nintendo Switch | Remote: Harmony Elite | HDMI: 40' Monoprice DynamicView+4x1 Switch

Last edited by Wesley Hester; 06-03-2019 at 12:32 PM. Reason: Added quotation marks.
post #3502 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 11:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mR_Mo View Post
Thanks for the suggestion but that is off. But when I tried “play hdr games and apps” I get the same green picture. Attached an example. I’m using the NVIDIA 385.28 driver, old but should be stable for both hdr and 3D according to this https://forum.doom9.org/showthread.php?t=176013
I’ll have to google it.
I think I remember saying you can't send an RGB signal and and needs to be YUV instead. Can you try that?
post #3503 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 11:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post
How is 3D on the 3550? I've yet to try it. Need to pick up some glasses.
From my perspective coming form the BenQ W1070 and then the 3050 the 3D performance on the 3550 is the equivalent of those projectors. That's all I was looking for from the 3550. Generally 3D was made for DLP tech. I use those 3D Heaven brand glasses; $26.95 on Amazon. They work fine. I have been meaning to pick up an import copy of Spider Verse which is reportedly a nice 3D presentation to an already great animated film.
post #3504 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 12:42 PM

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Istarth View Post
Hi !!

I think 4K + HDR + 60Hz with 444 is not supported for hdmi 2.0 try changing refresh to 30Hz, or move to 420 (not recomended) or setting a lower resolution....
I got no green picture with YcBCr 444 set in the NVIDIA Control Panel. So something is wrong when I use RGB which is the recommended setting to get the best picture. But I guess it can be either the driver, windows, madvr or the filters the player uses. I’ve tested with mpc-be by the way.
post #3505 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 12:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrCoolface View Post
OK- I forgot I changed to 444 color space in NVIDIA panel. Do that and it should work. If not, then you probably need a new cable.
Thanks, but according to what I’ve read, you’re not getting the best picture with ycbcr, madvr has to convert to it among other things. So I hope to get it to work. I’ve had some progress in that direct Blu-ray 4K rips is working with hdr and RGB, but not other more compressed files I guess. I’ll see if I can find a configuration that works with RGB.
post #3506 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 01:33 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 792 Post(s)
Liked: 403
My WCG must be broke because when I turn it on, the screen is darker, dull, greenish washed out image and just looks like poo poo. I don’t have anything to compare to though. Just can’t see how this is usable.

Watched some native 1080p material from my PC and this was the first time I “Saw” the DI really working. I could clearly see the aperture doing its thing. I could also here the clicking. Now that I knew what I was looking for, I switched back to the Fire Stick 4K and did notice a little movement in the DI but hardly see any change in black levels...

Also, for some reason HDR make people too red in majority of content. Settings is stock (Cinema) Color (Normal). I played around with trying (Cool) but picture wasn’t...pleasing...

I’ve concluded that 1080p source looks BEAUTIFUL! 4K sources not as good...

Updated Firmware 1.0.1

My Media Room
AVR 1-Yamaha RX-A3050 (7.2.4), AVR 2 Pioneer VSX-815-K(Used for 4ch Amp TF+TR)
Mains-Polk Audio RTi8, Center-Polk Audio CSi5, Surrounds-Polk Audio RTi4, Ceilings-Micca M-8C, Sub 1- UM18-22 (4cu.ft DIY) - iNuke 6000DSP, Sub 2-Klipsch RW12D
Projector-BenQ 3550 4K, Screen-110" Silver Ticket STR-169110, TV-Vizio P-65 4K
post #3507 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by mR_Mo View Post
I got no green picture with YcBCr 444 set in the NVIDIA Control Panel. So something is wrong when I use RGB which is the recommended setting to get the best picture. But I guess it can be either the driver, windows, madvr or the filters the player uses. I’ve tested with mpc-be by the way.
Green tint only appears if u have all enabled --> 4K + HDR + 444 + 60Hz. As I read that is because it is needed more than 18 gbps (23 for that configuration) and HDMI 2.0 cannot get more than 18..... Seems we will not be able to use that configuration never with this projector... since is 2.0b max....
post #3508 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Just mention that the new FW also works OK in a w2700-

Only thing I found estrange is that I had to format the usb to FAT32, in nfts the PJ was able to reproduce the movies but didn't find the FW, tested with 2 usb's and formated one to FAT32 just out of frustration.

Anyway all looks OK in my w2700 unit, but, as usual, do it as your own risks

I see better colors with WGC and I can put BC on without seen it all green, it takes more time to switch but, I am happy with this evolution, no more half screen

Also do not know if my imagination but the XPR noise is lower ....

BTW: rontalley, sorry if I'm wrong, just my two cents, it seems like your source is not sending HDR, HDR10 is the mode with HDR Signals not Cinema or any other.
mR_Mo likes this.
post #3509 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 03:07 PM

So are you guys using the Panasonic UB820 or 900 to do tone mapping or are you letting the projector do it?
Does it have issues with the Panny (or MadVR) tone mapping mapping because of the Benq enforcing its own tone mapping (like how the lk990 forces it and has no bypass mode - maybe due to the LK series doing it natively without a filter, I don't know), or is there a WCG mode that allows a bypass of the tone mapping on the Benq while the filter for WCG is still in use?

Sorry if that question doesn't make sense, don't currently own any of these projectors ATM, still considering an ht3550 or a refurb something else from Benq's site.

post #3510 of 5047 Old 06-03-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Istarth View Post
Green tint only appears if u have all enabled --> 4K + HDR + 444 + 60Hz. As I read that is because it is needed more than 18 gbps (23 for that configuration) and HDMI 2.0 cannot get more than 18..... Seems we will not be able to use that configuration never with this projector... since is 2.0b max....
Yes, Rgb, 60 hz and 8bit hdr is working with Blu-ray 4K rips for me now. But I have madvr match the movie refresh rate so then the correct setting is rgb, 12bit and 23 or 24 hz usually, and that works for Blu-ray 4K rips.
Using mpc-be, madvr and standard mpc filters. See screenshots attached with madvr info.

Followed settings as https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php...438#pid2739438

But I still have green on some movies which is not Blu-ray 4K rips but still 4K hdr. They work ok with ycbcr 444 24hz. Maybe this projector has problems with RGB and hdr as JVC projectors according to the link above. “Note: Sending RGB (full or limited) to the display may not work well in some special circumstances. For example, some displays have problems receiving RGB inputs with HDR metadata (like some JVC projectors) and must operate in YCbCr instead of RGB. If you are getting strange tints to the image, this could be you.”
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	0E709400-4E15-44B7-A1B5-C3DEEDB92AC3.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	113.9 KB
ID:	2575486   Click image for larger version

Name:	26CB393D-0923-41D9-883E-B46A79A540C5.jpg
Views:	53
Size:	132.5 KB
ID:	2575488  

Last edited by mR_Mo; 06-03-2019 at 04:45 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page