BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread - Page 135 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2511Likes

post #4021 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 12:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by jankometka View Post
Hello!

I would like to share my experience with Benq w2700. I am from Europe.

I bought projector at alzashop.com. When I get projector it look like it was opened before and packed again with Benq tape. This was first signal there is something going on. Yes, it was faulty unit. Barrel distortion and very bad focus was reasons that I decided that I will return unit.

Alzashop replace first unit with the new one. Again this unit looked like it was opened and packed again with Benq tape. This unit had again barrel distortion, xpr problems, second day it didn't detect my computer source. So I decided I will return it and request my money back.

Both units had bad CA which is a small problem. Fan noise on both units was bearable.

Both units were produced in APRIL 2019, Rev.: 01-101, produced for Benq Europe.

I am including picture of suspicious Benq tape seal. This tape is over opened original rounded tape.

My theory is that Benq is repairing bad units or selling again bad units in hope that less experienced users won't notice those problems.

I am sure this is great projector if all problems will be sorted out. I am little sad that I didn't get good unit. But for now I think will be best way to wait at least 6 months to see what will happened. Even then it will be great risk that you will get refurbished bad unit.

I hope my experience will help someone to answer their questions.

Did you contact BenQ Europe Office?Can you PM me your serial number and I will see how I can help? Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4022 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 12:26 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffrey Chiafu Hsieh View Post
Did you contact BenQ Europe Office?Can you PM me your serial number and I will see how I can help? Thanks

No. I din't contact them. Why? Alzashop replace me bad unit with bad one and now they will give me refund.

I don't understand how can you help me if I tell you serial numbers? Both projectors have technical problems.
post #4023 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 12:32 AM

Quote:
No. I din't contact them. Why? Alzashop replace me bad unit with bad one and now they will give me refund.

I don't understand how can you help me if I tell you serial numbers? Both projectors have technical problems.

I will pass the info to my contact at BenQ Europe Office to see if those units were loaded with the correct and latest firmware. Sorry I should have mentioned that in my previous message.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4024 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 12:42 AM

Quote:
I will pass the info to my contact at BenQ Europe Office to see if those units were loaded with the correct and latest firmware. Sorry I should have mentioned that in my previous message.

I made latest firmware update 1.02. I don't get it how firmware update can correct barrel distortion, problem with bad focus. I am so confused with this projector. I would like to have it. But it has so many technical problems it makes me mad.
post #4025 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:
I made latest firmware update 1.02. I don't get it how firmware update can correct barrel distortion, problem with bad focus. I am so confused with this projector. I would like to have it. But it has so many technical problems it makes me mad.

Yes I totally understood your frustration so I wanted to help by getting someone from BenQ Europe Office to assist you directly. Please PM me if you’d like to give it another try.

post #4026 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 12:53 AM

Quote:

Jeffrey, did you get my PM. Because I am not able to post PM message if I am not having 15 posts on this forum.
post #4027 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 01:01 AM

Quote:
Yes I totally understood your frustration so I wanted to help by getting someone from BenQ Europe Office to assist you directly. Please PM me if you’d like to give it another try.

Jeffrey, I am also not able to answer your PM. Send me your email on PM.
post #4028 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 01:50 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Someone in France just get notified that he will have a replacement unit rev 02-102, produced since June, from benq HQ in Holland.
post #4029 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 02:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-nc View Post
Someone in France just get notified that he will have a replacement unit rev 02-102, produced since June, from benq HQ in Holland.
Alex, keep us informed if unit with rev 02-102 will be any good.
jfjer likes this.
post #4030 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 02:47 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex-nc View Post
Hello,

I'm the one will receive this unit.
I'm waiting. In the RMA status it's "En attente de stock régulateur Nous attendons que votre produit d ". "In waiting for regulator stock".
I don't know what is regulator stock. But in the mail I received it said that I'll get the unit between 6 and 10 open days. So between the 9th and 13rd.

I hope this one is the good because I'm enough with this bad unit. How can they repaired a bad unit and change the S/N with a new one to sell it as new...
post #4031 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 04:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tipitch59 View Post
Hello,

I'm the one will receive this unit.
I'm waiting. In the RMA status it's "En attente de stock régulateur Nous attendons que votre produit d ". "In waiting for regulator stock".
I don't know what is regulator stock. But in the mail I received it said that I'll get the unit between 6 and 10 open days. So between the 9th and 13rd.

I hope this one is the good because I'm enough with this bad unit. How can they repaired a bad unit and change the S/N with a new one to sell it as new...
Hello!

I totally understand your frustrations. After 2 bad units I am also frustrated. I think for Bneq would be better to accept problem and not playing with users with bad units.
tipitch59 and jfjer like this.
post #4032 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 09:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Finally got around to checking out 3D on my HT3550. While not a priority for me I figured I’d check it out. My previous 3D experiences have been very mediocre (Samsung Plasma) to amazing (LG Oled). I was actually pleasantly surprised with how good this projector does 3D. Nice depth and the picture wasn’t as dark as I was expecting. Watched Avatar and skimmed through a couple other discs via Panny UB820.
sage11x likes this.

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
post #4033 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 11:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 193 Post(s)
Quoted: 2689 Post(s)
Liked: 2657
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post
Finally got around to checking out 3D on my HT3550. While not a priority for me I figured I’d check it out. My previous 3D experiences have been very mediocre (Samsung Plasma) to amazing (LG Oled). I was actually pleasantly surprised with how good this projector does 3D. Nice depth and the picture wasn’t as dark as I was expecting. Watched Avatar and skimmed through a couple other discs via Panny UB820.

DLP is particularly good at 3D and the HT3550 is no exception.

If you don’t mind me asking what glasses do you own?

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #4034 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 11:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 457 Post(s)
Liked: 490
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
DLP is particularly good at 3D and the HT3550 is no exception.

If you don’t mind me asking what glasses do you own?

Bought a pair of these. Cheap enough so worth the chance.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
post #4035 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 89
I called BenQ directly to place my order on the telephone. The customer service rep asked if I wanted refurb or new. (So this seems to confirm they've received a few returns over the last few months and are turning them around as refurbs. Presumably they are labeled as such and priced as such. I can't quite imagine this company trying to fob off refurbished units as brand new as some seem to be implying in this forum.) I said 'new' for sure and even went as far as requesting, only partly in jest, that the box have its original shipping tape intact Anyway they said they have 11 in stock. Which may not be "limited stock" like we saw in April but certainly doesn't sound like a huge number of unsold units. They seem to be making them as fast as they can ship them, or shipping them as fast as they make them, or whatever.

A lot of people are spreading a lot of FUD around here. Here's my prediction: I get a perfectly good unit and have no problems with it.

Who wants to bet against me?
sage11x and subacabra like this.
post #4036 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 01:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW View Post
I called BenQ directly to place my order on the telephone. The customer service rep asked if I wanted refurb or new. (So this seems to confirm they've received a few returns over the last few months and are turning them around as refurbs. Presumably they are labeled as such and priced as such. I can't quite imagine this company trying to fob off refurbished units as brand new as some seem to be implying in this forum.) I said 'new' for sure and even went as far as requesting, only partly in jest, that the box have its original shipping tape intact Anyway they said they have 11 in stock. Which may not be "limited stock" like we saw in April but certainly doesn't sound like a huge number of unsold units. They seem to be making them as fast as they can ship them, or shipping them as fast as they make them, or whatever.

A lot of people are spreading a lot of FUD around here. Here's my prediction: I get a perfectly good unit and have no problems with it.

I hope you do get a perfect unit. But I think it's clear there are tons of issues with this PJ and to call folks out over it isn't too cool. Again, I hope you get a perfect unit, but if you do, please don't comment that those with issues aren't really having issues. That's just complete ignorance.
NxNW, theagent and jfjer like this.
post #4037 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 01:07 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 2432 Post(s)
Liked: 1319
As someone that has owned many many different projectors (over 15), the issues with projectors are real, people are not making this stuff up. The quality control pales in comparison to TV's or other electronics because with projectors there are so many things that can be wrong.

It even happens with $5000+ projectors unfortunately, sometimes they have lens issues, white uniformity problems, white flaring, DI issues, noise or mechanical issues, and on and on.

Projectors are unfortunately quite complicated beasts, and it's only become worse because of the 4k stuff and Benq trying to cram so many features into a budget unit.
sage11x, NxNW, theagent and 2 others like this.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
post #4038 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 02:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW View Post

With how many people have complained about receiving used looking units, the number of problems reported (all with similar issues), the fact that there are already refurbs available for sale on a projector that's barely just released and in such limited quantity, and BenQ support themselves admitting there are issues that need to be worked out, you'd rather believe people are spreading "FUD" and all is a-okay?

I mean, good luck, hopefully you get one that's problem free. I wouldn't bet against you though. Maybe you're the kind of person who won't even care or notice the issues.
NxNW and jfjer like this.
post #4039 of 4418 Old 07-03-2019, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by theagent View Post
With how many people have complained about receiving used looking units, the number of problems reported (all with similar issues), the fact that there are already refurbs available for sale on a projector that's barely just released and in such limited quantity, and BenQ support themselves admitting there are issues that need to be worked out, you'd rather believe people are spreading "FUD" and all is a-okay?

I mean, good luck, hopefully you get one that's problem free. I wouldn't bet against you though. Maybe you're the kind of person who won't even care or notice the issues.
Obviously some sellers like Alzashop.com are selling refurbished units like new ones. When I bought projector Alzashop.com was only shop in Europe which had projector on stock. Probably they got refurbished units from Benq and sold them like new ones.
post #4040 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 06:41 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 15
i am certainly sorry for the problems people have, but I am playing Dumbo in 1080p with other people, using all settings from HomeTeatherhifi.com in SDR and looks fantastic (full dark room, 100", 2m distance from screen), a pity currently seems to be a lottery but the one I have is far beyond my previous 3 PJ (all 1080p sure), btw; using an Odroid N2 with Coreelec, HDR, resolution and framerate switching working perfectly.

Sincere hoping you all got your problems solved.
post #4041 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 07:06 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So, had some problems with my first unit (01.100 april)

Recived my second (01.101 may) and that one had hdmi problems, uneaven focus, picture movement
when adjusting focus and zoom and CA!
Needed to adjust focus everyday when i started it, cus it got out of focus by it self?

Recived my third (02.101 june) but havnt uppdated it yet. Have the second and third unit at home but havnt had the chance to compare them side by side yet!

It probably got a new lens cus its very smooth an also have a pin on the focus wheel (just like the zoom wheel)?
Almost perfect focus across the screen.

So i will compare them a bit closer later on!

Best regards mr Flux
post #4042 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 07:17 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread

I hope for those having issues, you’re able to get your issues resolved. None of us have a way to confirm if Benq is indeed pawning used as new but it appears highly unlikely and it’s probably a third party. There’s too much at risk. Anyway, I feel compelled to state that this is a great projector which has served me well so far. I say this not to make others feel bad but it’s human nature for most people not having issues to not report anything. There are many of us who are happy and impressed with this unit. New people looking at this thread ought to have this perspective as well. I could have done a lot worse in this price category. Good luck in your decisions and good luck to people having issues.

Last edited by home4sale2; 07-05-2019 at 08:14 AM.
post #4043 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 03:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HuxFlux View Post
So, had some problems with my first unit (01.100 april)

Recived my second (01.101 may) and that one had hdmi problems, uneaven focus, picture movement
when adjusting focus and zoom and CA!
Needed to adjust focus everyday when i started it, cus it got out of focus by it self?

Recived my third (02.101 june) but havnt uppdated it yet. Have the second and third unit at home but havnt had the chance to compare them side by side yet!

It probably got a new lens cus its very smooth an also have a pin on the focus wheel (just like the zoom wheel)?
Almost perfect focus across the screen.

So i will compare them a bit closer later on!

Best regards mr Flux

If you get around to doing a side by side, please see if you notice any difference in clarity and vividness with 4k content. It would be really helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post
I hope for those having issues, you’re able to get your issues resolved. None of us have a way to confirm if Benq is indeed pawning used as new but it appears highly unlikely and it’s probably a third party. There’s too much at risk. Anyway, I feel compelled to state that this is a great projector which has served me well so far. I say this not to make others feel bad but it’s human nature for most people not having issues to not report anything. There are many of us who are happy and impressed with this unit. New people looking at this thread ought to have this perspective as well. I could have done a lot worse in this price category. Good luck in your decisions and good luck to people having issues.

The two of three units I received opened and with smudges/markings were directly from Benq. I don't know if they were used per se, but definitely they were opened and handled quite a bit. I'm guessing these were units they tried to repair in-home. I'd bet if we polled the owners here you'd find that those with May mfr dates had units that came in opened/re-taped boxes.
Scizorhands and jfjer like this.
post #4044 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 03:24 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
That’s not good. My replacement appeared to be brand new for what it’s worth.

post #4045 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 08:07 PM

Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 16
My lens shift wheel is very difficult to move now am I doing it wrong or should I return it before my 30 days is up for a replacement? This is weird.
post #4046 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ng4ever View Post
My lens shift wheel is very difficult to move now am I doing it wrong or should I return it before my 30 days is up for a replacement? This is weird.

It's normal, I don't think you'd benefit from replacing it. It shouldn't be super hard, so don't force it in the wrong direction, but you just have to use your fingernail to get it going and should be easier from there.
sparky7, ng4ever and noob00224 like this.
post #4047 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 09:45 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1636 Post(s)
Liked: 4746
Watching some Stranger Things over here and the pj is performing perfectly. Here's a couple videos. (No spoilers really)
sage11x and ng4ever like this.
post #4048 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 09:51 PM

Is the Elite Screens Aeon CineGrey 3D Series a good screen for this projector (BenQ HT3550)?

Also how do I know if I have HDR or not on Netflix ?
post #4049 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 10:03 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 47 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1636 Post(s)
Liked: 4746
Quote:
Originally Posted by ng4ever View Post
Is the Elite Screens Aeon CineGrey 3D Series a good screen for this projector (BenQ HT3550)?

Also how do I know if I have HDR or not on Netflix ?
Can't answer for the screen, but the pj will switch into hdr mode. The screen will black out for a few seconds then will enter hdr10.
You can confirm by pressing the menu button and will see it on the picture mode.
post #4050 of 4418 Old 07-05-2019, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Can't answer for the screen, but the pj will switch into hdr mode. The screen will black out for a few seconds then will enter hdr10.
You can confirm by pressing the menu button and will see it on the picture mode.

Thanks I can't get HDR working

What could be wrong ?

I am using a Roku Premiere.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page