BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread - Page 75 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2689Likes

post #2221 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 06:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2751 Post(s)
Liked: 2735
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyroo View Post
@sage11x you wanna take this one?

https://img.fireden.net/v/image/1491...1992337719.gif

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2222 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 07:09 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 112
I am hoping today will be the day that my replacement projector ships out so it might get here in time to use this weekend. I'm very anxious to compare the production model with the early model I received to see if its any different. I haven't heard any complaints about the iris from people that have received their production units so maybe there was already some improvements there vs what I saw on mine. I've been holding off my comments waiting to get the new one because whatever I say may not even be accurate for the production model. Apparently replacements have to come from their service center instead of their normal warehouse and they seem to be taking a long time to make that transfer. It was quicker to go from their factory in China to the US than it is to get across town to the service center from their normal warehouse. Oh well, at least I got to use the first one a few extra weeks before most folks lol.
Samfield, sage11x and subacabra like this.
post #2223 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 07:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 153 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by DunMunro View Post
OK, having said that, there is another way... but it will depend on your screen height and location.

You can increase the height of your shelf unit, by adding another shelf (say an 18in high bookcase or similar) and then hang the HT3550 inverted under the top shelf via a ceiling mount.

As an aside, when I do ceiling mounts on drywalled ceilings, I start by finding the joists with a stud finder, then I attach a piece of 1/2in, or thicker, pine shelving (or plywood) across the joists and then hang my ceiling mount from that via 1/2in wood screws. This is allows for flexible placement of the ceiling mount and creates the fewest actual holes in the drywall. The pine shelving or plywood strip can be painted to match the ceiling.

The ceiling mount will tilt and swivel to level the PJ regardless of ceiling slope.
Yeah, unfortunately, that's way too much work. We might be moving this year as well, which may change the placement dynamic. Need easy & flexible placement, like I had with my Epson 5010. We must have changed 5 places with that Projector. I just need something I can plop where the Epson is right now. I didn't realize the placement restrictions.

HT3550 looks like a great projector at an awesome price, but I just don't think it's the right fit for me with the placement restrictions.

I'm getting a good deal on JVC X790r (RS540U). It's not 8.3m pixels like BenQ, but it's a good fit for me, especially with motorized lens functions.

Thanks for your help!
CallingMrBenzo likes this.

7.1.4: Polk RTi12 Fronts, RTi8 Surrounds, Monitor70 Surround Backs, CSi A6 Center, Klipsch R-14M Front Height & Rear Height + Outlaw LFM-1 EX Subwoofer.
JVC NX5 True 4K HDR Projector / Denon X6300H AVR
Intel Broadwell-E 6 Core (H2O) / EVGA RTX 2080Ti FTW3 Ultra Hybrid (H2O) HTPC
LG UBK80 UHD Blu-ray / XBOX One X
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2224 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 07:24 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 635 Post(s)
Liked: 1393
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey79 View Post
Yeah, unfortunately, that's way too much work. We might be moving this year as well, which may change the placement dynamic. Need easy & flexible placement, like I had with my Epson 5010. We must have changed 5 places with that Projector. I just need something I can plop where the Epson is right now. I didn't realize the placement restrictions.

HT3550 looks like a great projector at an awesome price, but I just don't think it's the right fit for me with the placement restrictions.

I'm getting a good deal on JVC X790r (RS540U). It's not 8.3m pixels like BenQ, but it's a good fit for me, especially with motorized lens functions.

Thanks for your help!

Where are you getting that projector from? I’m interested in one of those as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #2225 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 07:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2751 Post(s)
Liked: 2735
BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
What are your thoughts about black levels and contrast? I read on the internet that DLPs have "abysmal" black levels. I'm hoping the black levels are at least the equal and hopefully better than my Epson 8350. I would love to see a good pic that realistically displays the letterbox bars on a 2:35/1 movie.

So I actually did some research.

Your 8350 was measured at 786:1 peak contrast by S&V. I feel confident in saying that the HT3550 would represent a significant improvement.

As for the comments you’ve been reading— they’re hyperbole and, further, I would argue that the member that made those comments has failed to lend any context. Just an FYI, that same member would likely deride your 8350 as well.

In the projector market, contrast costs money. The more you spend the better you can reasonably expect that contrast performance to be. If you’re looking at the whole of the projector market as sort of a line from the most affordable right up to ungodly expensive, you’ll see that contrast more or less improves as you move up the price scale. If we then populate that line with the types of projector tech being used you’ll generally see LCOS technologies (Sony and JVC) at the top with high contrast and high prices while DLP (BenQ, Optima, Viewsonic, etc.) and 3LCD (Epson) will generally be at the other end with lower prices and lower contrast.

DLP does not have abysmal contrast/blacks. In fact, at the lower price points DLP traditionally outperforms competing 3LCD (Epson) projectors. However, Epson’s 3LCD does scale more with each stop as you move up their lineup producing better contrast than the last. At the top you’ll find their UB or “Ultra Black” projectors like the 5040UB and soon-to-be-released 5050UB. These models will have much better contrast and blacks than your typical DLP. But again, to be FAIR, these models also retail at prices where you start to see the number of DLP options get significantly thinner. Typically the DLPs that you find above $2000 are the lower volume pro models like the UHD65 and upcoming HT5550 as well as laser and ColorSpark models that are themselves high value projectors due to their light sources.

So when you talk about DLP contrast and black levels you really need to have some context of where it fits within the greater projector market and what it competes with. To complicate matters a bit is the fact that the move to 4K has not helped matters in this area. The first generation of affordable 4K DLPs had visibly lower contrast than their 1080p predecessors. The HT3550 is very exciting because it’s the first 4K DLP at this price that doesn’t and, in fact, offers better dynamic contrast than any DLP I’ve seen below $2000. Again, to be FAIR, this isn’t a problem that is limited to DLP. The recent release of native 4K projectors from Sony and JVC have seen them take a step back in contrast/blacks as well. Currently, Epson fields no 4K projectors but only 4K ‘enhanced’ models so we’ll have to wait and see how their tech responds.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.

Last edited by sage11x; 04-04-2019 at 07:40 AM.
post #2226 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 07:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Well Amazon just moved me from the 5th to the 21st... Just wanted to whine.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
post #2227 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 08:07 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
So I actually did some research.

Your 8350 was measured at 786:1 peak contrast by S&V. I feel confident in saying that the HT3550 would represent a significant improvement.

As for the comments you’ve been reading— they’re hyperbole and, further, I would argue that the member that made those comments has failed to lend any context. Just an FYI, that same member would likely deride your 8350 as well.

In the projector market, contrast costs money. The more you spend the better you can reasonably expect that contrast performance to be. If you’re looking at the whole of the projector market as sort of a line from the most affordable right up to ungodly expensive, you’ll see that contrast more or less improves as you move up the price scale. If we then populate that line with the types of projector tech being used you’ll generally see LCOS technologies (Sony and JVC) at the top with high contrast and high prices while DLP (BenQ, Optima, Viewsonic, etc.) and 3LCD (Epson) will generally be at the other end with lower prices and lower contrast.

DLP does not have abysmal contrast/blacks. In fact, at the lower price points DLP traditionally outperforms competing 3LCD (Epson) projectors. However, Epson’s 3LCD does scale more with each stop as you move up their lineup producing better contrast than the last. At the top you’ll find their UB or “Ultra Black” projectors like the 5040UB and soon-to-be-released 5050UB. These models will have much better contrast and blacks than your typical DLP. But again, to be FAIR, these models also retail at prices where you start to see the number of DLP options get significantly thinner. Typically the DLPs that you find above $2000 are the lower volume pro models like the UHD65 and upcoming HT5550 as well as laser and ColorSpark models that are themselves high value projectors due to their light sources.

So when you talk about DLP contrast and black levels you really need to have some context of where it fits within the greater projector market and what it competes with. To complicate matters a bit is the fact that the move to 4K has not helped matters in this area. The first generation of affordable 4K DLPs had visibly lower contrast than their 1080p predecessors. The HT3550 is very exciting because it’s the first 4K DLP at this price that doesn’t and, in fact, offers better dynamic contrast than any DLP I’ve seen below $2000. Again, to be FAIR, this isn’t a problem that is limited to DLP. The recent release of native 4K projectors from Sony and JVC have seen them take a step back in contrast/blacks as well. Currently, Epson fields no 4K projectors but only 4K ‘enhanced’ models so we’ll have to wait and see how their tech responds.
Thanks Sage, for the thorough and great response. Your first line regarding the contrast makes me feel confident I'll be happy with the HT3550. I had compared contrast specs between the two projectors with what's available on Projector Central, and they seemed to be a pretty close match, taken with a huge grain of salt knowing that manufacturers contrast specs are all over the place.

Context is everything, and I like how you qualify your findings within context. Personally, I always look for that product that hits many high points and makes for a "best buy" within its competitors, and the HT3550 seems to have hit the nail on the head with performance and price. I could afford a much higher priced projector, but this hits the sweet spot for that balance that I always look for. I'm really looking forward to getting this.
post #2228 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 09:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 388
BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
What are your thoughts about black levels and contrast? I read on the internet that DLPs have "abysmal" black levels. I'm hoping the black levels are at least the equal and hopefully better than my Epson 8350. I would love to see a good pic that realistically displays the letterbox bars on a 2:35/1 movie.

I try to avoid subjective words like “abysmal”. So I’ll break it down the best I can here. There are three main types of projector technology LCD, DLP and LCoS. LCD and DLP are very close in contrast performance. Generally dollar for dollar DLP has better contrast until you get into the top tier $2,000 plus “Ultra Black” Epson projectors where Epson takes the advantage. Then when you get into LCoS, It’s another step up in both price and contrast performance. It’s hard to quantify just how much of a step up, because contrast isn’t 1:1. The higher you go up in contrast the less noticeable it becomes.

Most importantly I’ll answer your guestion regarding the Epson 8350. This has 786:1 Native contrast according to Sound & Vision.

https://www.soundandvision.com/conte...-labs-measures

The HT3550 has been measured at 827:1 native contrast according to Passion Home Cinema

http://www.passionhomecinema.fr/blog...is-de-gregory/

Not to mention the HT3550 has many advantages beyond a slight bump in contrast.

The 8350 was very well received when it came out about 10 years ago. That’s why subjective words are misleading and shouldn’t be taken seriously, especially on a science forum. Sure undisputedly DLP has relatively low contrast compared to more expensive projectors. However, Front projection has been enjoyed for over a 100 years. And pretty much any projector today has high contrast relative to projectors of the past, even only as far back as 10 years ago.
I hope that helps.
curtlots likes this.

Last edited by bix26; 04-04-2019 at 09:37 AM.
post #2229 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 09:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Just a general installation reminder addressed to any noobs hanging a projector for the first time. Since the 3550 has user upgradeable firmware via USB make sure you either, 1) leave adequate space behind the projector to insert/remove a thumb drive into the rear USB port or, 2) Choose a quick disconnect mount to lower down the projector to access the USB port. In my case my current mount is fairly tight to to a bulkhead and while not a problem for power/HDMI cables there's no room for USB access, so the mount is moving. You also don't want to be forcing a thumb drive in and out of the unit and then mis-align your projector to the screen.
curtlots and xp0z3d like this.
post #2230 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:05 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfield View Post
Just a general installation reminder addressed to any noobs hanging a projector for the first time. Since the 3550 has user upgradeable firmware via USB make sure you either, 1) leave adequate space behind the projector to insert/remove a thumb drive into the rear USB port or, 2) Choose a quick disconnect mount to lower down the projector to access the USB port. In my case my current mount is fairly tight to to a bulkhead and while not a problem for power/HDMI cables there's no room for USB access, so the mount is moving. You also don't want to be forcing a thumb drive in and out of the unit and then mis-align your projector to the screen.
Nice reminder. I have mine very close to where my ceiling drops down to get my 120" image. If I looked at the calculator correctly, I think I can get 120" image just a LITTLE closer to the screen than my HT2050a. Just not sure I want to go through the trouble of re-mounting it. HOwever, if the HT3550 isn't the same distance to the lens (horizontally) as the HT2050a, I may have to remount anyway. Right now, I have 90 degree angle connectors for my HDMI and Power. Wondering if they make something like that for USB too. Hoping that a good 18G HDMI cable will still work with HDR using the 90 degree HDMI connector. That alone may force me to move my PJ up a bit.

I guess I better check the calculator again to see
post #2231 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:09 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 140 Post(s)
Could also get an angled short usb-A male to USB-A female cable and keep it attached.

SuperSpeed USB 3.0 Male to Female Extension Data Cable Left and Right Angle 2PCS by Oxsubor(20CM,8IN) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0793P8XJK..._8QJPCbAHM9YM4

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
Samfield and DunMunro like this.
post #2232 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:11 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post
Nice reminder. I have mine very close to where my ceiling drops down to get my 120" image. If I looked at the calculator correctly, I think I can get 120" image just a LITTLE closer to the screen than my HT2050a. Just not sure I want to go through the trouble of re-mounting it. HOwever, if the HT3550 isn't the same distance to the lens (horizontally) as the HT2050a, I may have to remount anyway. Right now, I have 90 degree angle connectors for my HDMI and Power. Wondering if they make something like that for USB too. Hoping that a good 18G HDMI cable will still work with HDR using the 90 degree HDMI connector. That alone may force me to move my PJ up a bit.

I guess I better check the calculator again to see
You can buy 90 degree adapters as an option.
Samfield likes this.
post #2233 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:14 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
The HT3550 has been measured at 827:1 native contrast according to Passion Home Cinema

http://www.passionhomecinema.fr/blog...is-de-gregory/
Searched for 827 on that page but not finding anything?

Rob
PT-AE8000U | LG 55C7P | Oppo UDP-203 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | JBL 5.1
post #2234 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

BTW, Benq Direct has the 3550 back in stock with the same 4/12 ship date if you missed ordering yesterday.
post #2235 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:20 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Does anyone know what the cancellation policy is a the BenQ store. Can you just cancel anytime before shipment like at Amazon?
post #2236 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:34 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 102 Post(s)
Liked: 122
Quote:
Originally Posted by robl2 View Post
Searched for 827 on that page but not finding anything?
It’s embedded in a jpeg graphic, not text. Scroll down to the section on luminosite / contraste. In the chart, the value for D Cinema is 827:1

Here’s a direct link to the jpeg

http://www.passionhomecinema.fr/blog...BenQ-W2700.jpg
post #2237 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:56 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
Holy s*** that looks like an actual photograph

7.2.4 BenQ/Marantz/HTD/Micca/SVS/Dayton
post #2238 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by xp0z3d View Post
I ordered too but got tax on it. How did you not pay tax on it?
I'm in Illinois so I am not sure, we pay tax on everything lol.
xp0z3d likes this.

7.2.4 BenQ/Marantz/HTD/Micca/SVS/Dayton
post #2239 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 11:18 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Here's a couple shots of Forza Horizon 4 and Far Cry 5 on the Xbox one x. Unreal. Loving this pj
(Yes that's why my name on here, love my Subies[IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG])[IMG]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190404/78d6366d7db47935
6ad25833d762cdbd.jpg[/IMG]
Little video
Hi!

Thank you for the pictures! Did you notice any input lag while playing those games?

Regards
Christofer
post #2240 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 11:46 AM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by NxNW View Post
It’s embedded in a jpeg graphic, not text. Scroll down to the section on luminosite / contraste. In the chart, the value for D Cinema is 827:1
Thanks, thought I was going crazy

Rob
PT-AE8000U | LG 55C7P | Oppo UDP-203 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | JBL 5.1
post #2241 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 49 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1679 Post(s)
Liked: 4897
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogge99 View Post
Hi!

Thank you for the pictures! Did you notice any input lag while playing those games?

Regards
Christofer
Not really maybe a touch on Black Ops 4. Still did ok despite that and having a few brewskies
post #2242 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 12:28 PM

Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Hi! I'm thinking of ordering the HT3550.

I'll be using an AT screen (not sure which). The room will be used for movies (pretty much 90%), and some TV.

I'll be painting dark walls/ceiling, but not velvet or anything like that.

What are you thoughts on AT screens for this PJ? I don't want any moire... or hot spotting.

Just all around a decent experience with the PJ.

I checked out Semour AV (UF) and Dragon Fly Ultra Acoustic, but they're around 2/3 the price of the PJ.

I'm currently looking at a Silver Ticket WAB (100"). Trying to keep costs down, but I like the idea of a 4K PJ w/ some good color.
post #2243 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stogge99 View Post
Hi!

Regards
Christofer
Not really maybe a touch on Black Ops 4. Still did ok despite that and having a few brewskies [IMG
class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]
Sounds good 🙂 I appreciate that you added beer to the measurement since that's the way most people will play. I know I will. Can't wait!
Btw, which settings do you use for gaming?
subacabra likes this.

Last edited by Stogge99; 04-04-2019 at 12:54 PM.
post #2244 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
BTW, Benq Direct has the 3550 back in stock with the same 4/12 ship date if you missed ordering yesterday.
They have changed the order page, all new orders actually show an estimate on shipping, mine is so old, it doesn't do that. Anyway, 4/12 appears to be the new guidance from BenQ.
neotide likes this.
post #2245 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 05:35 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post
They have changed the order page, all new orders actually show an estimate on shipping, mine is so old, it doesn't do that. Anyway, 4/12 appears to be the new guidance from BenQ.

It would be helpful if BenQ was proactive about communicating this with their client base. Hoping for the 12th or sooner I suppose. Either way, thank you for an update. :-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AVR - Denon AVR-X4300H & NAD C 375BEE
Fronts - Magnepan MG12/QR / Center - Magnepan MGCC2
Satellites - 6 Monoprice Black Back 6.5 /Sub - SVS PB-1000
PRJ - BenQ HT3550 / SCN - SilverTicket STR-16992
Sources - Switch/PS4/Sony UBP-X800/Thorens TD166 MKII/Austin Audioworks Black Swan
post #2246 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Another suggestion is to purchase a USB extension cable, plug that in and run the female end out of the way to a convenient location. I just use my Xbox One S to play media files in my theater, but this has been a godsend in my living room with the flat panel TV on a low profile mount. Instead of having shimmy my arm 2 feet behind the panel to insert a USB drive into a port I cannot see (seriously who designed that lol?), I have a USB port adhered to the very edge of the bezel that is easily accessible.
AV_Integrated and sage11x like this.

11ft x 13ft Theater Room w/ 2x rows of 2x Seatcraft Rialto Leather Powered Recliners
BenQ HT3550 4K XPR DLP projector w/ Silver Ticket 100" 16:9 Aspect Ratio Screen
Yamaha RX-V683BL AVR w/ Klipsch 5.2.2 Atmos Surround System
PS4 Slim, Xbox One S, Nintendo Switch, AppleTV 4K
post #2247 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 08:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 78
So I got my 3550 in a few hours ago. I have it all hooked up and set up and all that. But I seem to be stuck in 2160p 60hz? At least that's what it says when I hit the info button with my remote.

Reading the user manual it appears the only way to enable 4k is to make sure the silence setting is off which it is for me.

I've tried playing 4k material via my new Sony 4k player, my Amazon Fire. I went into all those devices to make sure I have them on either Auto for display resolution or set it to 4k. I also did the same for my Marantz AVR. I dont have any 4k discs to try. I'm positive my hdmi cables are all good. I bought em all a few months ago.

I am running a 40 foot long hdmi cable from my avr to the 3550, but that should be fine as it's fiber and I spent like 180 on it and the reviews for it all say they can display 4k fine etc.

Is there another setting I'm missing on the 3550?

Any help would be great thank you.
post #2248 of 4724 Old 04-04-2019, 08:06 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaded21 View Post
I did the same. And no tax with BenQ so saving about $90.
dont forget to use befrugal, 3% cashback for benq

https://www.befrugal.com/rs/RGKMFAF/
post #2249 of 4724 Old 04-05-2019, 01:50 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdupuis77 View Post
Another suggestion is to purchase a USB extension cable, plug that in and run the female end out of the way to a convenient location. I just use my Xbox One S to play media files in my theater, but this has been a godsend in my living room with the flat panel TV on a low profile mount. Instead of having shimmy my arm 2 feet behind the panel to insert a USB drive into a port I cannot see (seriously who designed that lol?), I have a USB port adhered to the very edge of the bezel that is easily accessible.
Good idea. I think this may be the optimal solution. With the extension in place inserting/removing the thumb drive shouldn’t effect the projector position. I forgot that I had used these short extensions on wall mounted 4K monitors in our conference rooms at work. I picked them up at BB and coiled them so they didn’t extend beyond the bottom of the monitor. The USB extension cable is definitely the way to go. Thanks.
post #2250 of 4724 Old 04-05-2019, 02:13 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 756 Post(s)
Liked: 362
Quote:
Originally Posted by yadfgp View Post
So I got my 3550 in a few hours ago. I have it all hooked up and set up and all that. But I seem to be stuck in 2160p 60hz? At least that's what it says when I hit the info button with my remote.

Reading the user manual it appears the only way to enable 4k is to make sure the silence setting is off which it is for me.

I've tried playing 4k material via my new Sony 4k player, my Amazon Fire. I went into all those devices to make sure I have them on either Auto for display resolution or set it to 4k. I also did the same for my Marantz AVR. I dont have any 4k discs to try. I'm positive my hdmi cables are all good. I bought em all a few months ago.

I am running a 40 foot long hdmi cable from my avr to the 3550, but that should be fine as it's fiber and I spent like 180 on it and the reviews for it all say they can display 4k fine etc.

Is there another setting I'm missing on the 3550?

Any help would be great thank you.
2160P is 4K = UHD

1080P = HD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page