BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread - Page 84 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2709Likes

post #2491 of 4747 Old 04-12-2019, 07:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 24
So I removed the Marantz AVR from the mix. Still was present. I then disconnected HDMI and did test pattern so all was within BenQ. Still was present. I shut the projector down and allowed to cycle off. I then restarted and it went away.

So definately an internal anomoly. Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2492 of 4747 Old 04-12-2019, 07:28 PM - Thread Starter
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 80 Post(s)
Quoted: 616 Post(s)
Liked: 819
BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by thadius65 View Post
So I removed the Marantz AVR from the mix. Still was present. I then disconnected HDMI and did test pattern so all was within BenQ. Still was present. I shut the projector down and allowed to cycle off. I then restarted and it went away.

https://tenor.com/zOiz.gif
Dehrig Richard likes this.

"The Bunker" | Dedicated Theater Build Under Suspended Slab Garage
Testing: BenQ HT5550 | Epson 5050UB | 160" Dragonfly™ Fixed AT Screen
Denon X6300H | 9.4.4 (7.2.4 Discrete) | 9x Episode 900 Series LCR/Surrounds | 4x Episode 1700 Series ATMOS Heights | 4x Episode 12" Evo Subs
Sony X700 | Xbox One X | NVIDIA Shield TV
post #2493 of 4747 Old 04-12-2019, 07:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 532 Post(s)
Liked: 220
Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddUGA View Post
Think I'm gonna hold on to my 1070 a little while longer until the bugs are shaken out.
Same here, except I have the 2050a.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2494 of 4747 Old 04-12-2019, 09:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
I am really having a hard time keeping dynamic iris on for even 4k content. The flickering drives me nuts. I have lamp in normal mode. Anyone else?

I've pointed that out a few times as well. The flickering is still driving me nuts as well! I'm used to no flicker whatsoever having had none with my old Epson 3500. Other than the flickering, the HT3550 is really a great PJ!
post #2495 of 4747 Old 04-12-2019, 11:31 PM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
In general, no complaints. I don’t see the flicker with iris on or off. Majority of my content is 1080 but wow, what an upgrade from my acer.

I played halo and the lag didn’t bother me at all.

Expanse season 3 via prime hd is just superb, the colors, contrast just perfect. I haven’t changed any settings, just cinema, ok, brightness down a couple of notches maybe.

Watching Bourne with supereco mode produced some darker scenes than I like and motion was a bit too much but my projection size has gone up from 120” to 135”, a lot more immersive I guess.

So far I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #2496 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 04:42 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Please delete
post #2497 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 05:14 AM

Quoted: 55 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyroo View Post
Scottyroo, what did you send, I cannotnsee or open? Thanks.

post #2498 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 05:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 198 Post(s)
Quoted: 2762 Post(s)
Liked: 2753
Quote:

Warranty it.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
post #2499 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 08:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post
It seems there are more complaints for standard HDMI cables (from any vendor) when they start to exceed 10 feet (4k/60/4:4:4). From 10' to 25', at least based on the reviews, you begin to see more complaints, I guess the cables are being stretched to their upper limits. I just ordered a 15' monoprice (rated, certified, whatever). Let's see how it goes. This will replace my 25' mediabridge which seems to be working fine up to 4:2:2 but I am hoping to take the cheaper way out to minimize the length if I don't need it for $14 versus $140 for a fiber cable. I'll do that once 8K comes out
Yes, I'm having HDMI issues with 35' cables I'm running. I have one HDMI cable coming from my receiver which is not 4K compatible going to HDMI 1 input of the projector and a separate HDMI cable direct from my Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player going to HDMI 2 input of the projector. I was having all kinds of problems with sparklies, screen flashes, and horizontal interference lines. On the projector, I swapped the cables going to HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 around and this seems to have taken care of most of the issues for now. I don't know why it would matter, but it has. Today I'm going to pull the receiver out so I can access the back of it and do an actual cable swap between the receiver and the Blu-ray player and see if I can isolate the issues to one of the cables. For what it's worth, both cables are 35' KabelDirekt from Amazon. The maker claims the cables are compatible with [email protected], but that doesn't seem to be the case, unless there's something with the HDMI inputs of the 3550 which are flakey with the current firmware. Considering the issues many are having, it wouldn't surprise me at all.
post #2500 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 09:30 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtlots View Post
Yes, I'm having HDMI issues with 35' cables I'm running. I have one HDMI cable coming from my receiver which is not 4K compatible going to HDMI 1 input of the projector and a separate HDMI cable direct from my Sony UBP-X800 Blu-ray player going to HDMI 2 input of the projector. I was having all kinds of problems with sparklies, screen flashes, and horizontal interference lines. On the projector, I swapped the cables going to HDMI 1 and HDMI 2 around and this seems to have taken care of most of the issues for now. I don't know why it would matter, but it has. Today I'm going to pull the receiver out so I can access the back of it and do an actual cable swap between the receiver and the Blu-ray player and see if I can isolate the issues to one of the cables. For what it's worth, both cables are 35' KabelDirekt from Amazon. The maker claims the cables are compatible with [email protected], but that doesn't seem to be the case, unless there's something with the HDMI inputs of the 3550 which are flakey with the current firmware. Considering the issues many are having, it wouldn't surprise me at all.

I had TONS of issues last year getting consistent signal to my HT2550. I eventually relented and moved my equipment closer to my projector so that I could run a shorter length of cable.

Manufacturers are getting better with this stuff but it’s good to make recommendations so, thanks for that. When I was sorting this out last year there wasn’t a lot of experience out there and that made it difficult to find a good cable. For the record, I use a 15’ MediaBridge ultra HDMI. They don’t spring for the certification but apparently they test each one hat comes off the line.

I almost feel like this subject deserves it’s own thread...

Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

post #2501 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 10:14 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
I had TONS of issues last year getting consistent signal to my HT2550. I eventually relented and moved my equipment closer to my projector so that I could run a shorter length of cable.

Manufacturers are getting better with this stuff but it’s good to make recommendations so, thanks for that. When I was sorting this out last year there wasn’t a lot of experience out there and that made it difficult to find a good cable. For the record, I use a 15’ MediaBridge ultra HDMI. They don’t spring for the certification but apparently they test each one hat comes off the line.

I almost feel like this subject deserves it’s own thread...
Thanks for the response Sage. I sent an email to the cable manufacturer. They do mention that a small percentage of users of cables 25' and longer may experience issues, and that an HDMI repeater may be required. I would have no problem buying a repeater if it would help. I really, really don't want to have to go through the task of feeding another set of cables through my walls and ceiling again. I was reluctant to do this when I decided to buy this projector, without testing first, but with the delays in releasing the projector, I took the chance and ran the cables. Lesson learned. Unfortunately all my equipment is built into a corner rack, so nothing can be moved closer.

I'm going to try swapping around the two cables I have in a little bit. Perhaps one will carry the signal better than the other. Not holding my breath on that though!

Edit / update. I just got done swapping the cables around and the other cable was worse. Much worse. In short time, it wouldn't even pass the video through and the projector went blank. Swapped them back, used HDMI 1 input on the projector, and all is good for now. I never knew there would be this much varience in cables from the same manufacturer, at the same length. I can see why reviews can be all over the place. The luck of the draw.
sage11x likes this.

Last edited by curtlots; 04-13-2019 at 12:07 PM.
post #2502 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Amazon will not honor their current price on pre-orders...

So, Amazon said mine shipped and will be here on Monday. They won't honor the current price of $1499. When I pre-ordered in Feb, they had it priced at $1,902.74. They said to get that price I need to refuse the shipment and reorder (and wait 1-3 months) to get it. Has anyone had this problem? Anyone succeed in getting them to honor their price?

Super disappointed....

Thanks!
post #2503 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcreff View Post
So, Amazon said mine shipped and will be here on Monday. They won't honor the current price of $1499. When I pre-ordered in Feb, they had it priced at $1,902.74. They said to get that price I need to refuse the shipment and reorder (and wait 1-3 months) to get it. Has anyone had this problem? Anyone succeed in getting them to honor their price?

Super disappointed....

Thanks!
Thats deeply disappointing and unacceptable IMHO on the part of Amazon. In the past I've had other items on preorder, and the price dropped between preorder and order fullfillment. They always notified me via email that the price had changed, and that I would be charged the new lower price. Granted, this was on lower ticket items, but where's the consistency?
post #2504 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 03:58 PM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:

Super disappointed....

Thanks!
I cancelled mine after they said they would refund the price difference after charging me. That seemed an odd way to do it and I couldn't tell if I'd be out the extra $30 or so in taxes, so I bailed.

BenQ HT3050 (Previously BenQ W1070, Epson 8350, Mits HD1000u)
Elite 100" Spectrum Electric 16:9 Screen
Pioneer VSX-1131
SVS SBS-01/PB12-NSD 5.1.2 system
HTPC/Pimax5k+/XboxOneX
post #2505 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 05:40 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 1
is any of these two projectors out yet? I BEEN LOOKING...
post #2506 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 05:44 PM

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by quentinnw2 View Post
is any of these two projectors out yet? I BEEN LOOKING...
yes, they are out in limited quantities. You might get more help if you let people know what region of the world you're in...

Rob
PT-AE8000U | LG 55C7P | Oppo UDP-203 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | JBL 5.1
post #2507 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 05:49 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hey guys,
Great information on this thread. From what I read caused me to buy one last week from benqdirect with delivery this coming Tuesday. Also, I bought a Sony UBP-X700 to use instead of my x box one s. Quick question did you leave all the settings on the Sony auto or did you find some better within its settings when using it. Also, I bought a year ago a 3 HDMI switch that also does audio extraction. It said it can handle 4k at 30hz and just wanted to ask will this be sufficient or dies it need an upgrade too? Thanks Mark
post #2508 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 06:32 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Quote:

Super disappointed....

Thanks!
Sorry to hear that. I reordered after the talk about the price being locked in March. It is nice to know that Amazon is starting to ship however.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6000 using Tapatalk
post #2509 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 08:20 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I'm a little perplexed tonight. The 3550 has always upconverted the 1080P content coming from my receiver to 4K, but for some unknown reason, tonight all it will do is 1080P. My second HDMI coming direct from my 4K Bluray player is still at 4K, but nothing 1080P is getting upconverted. The difference between 1080P and 1080P upconverted to 4K from my PS4 is noticeably worse. Could this be another HDMI cable issue, or am I having a brain-fart and overlooking a setting on the projector?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
post #2510 of 4747 Old 04-13-2019, 11:43 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 51 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1696 Post(s)
Liked: 4923
Prometheus 4k looking pretty darn good. No weird issues, everything worked great.
Iris on, brilliant color on, wide color off.
triathletewms likes this.
post #2511 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 12:42 AM

Quoted: 103 Post(s)
Liked: 63
BenQ W2700 / HT3550 Announcement and Owner’s Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by clotter62 View Post
I'm a little perplexed tonight. The 3550 has always upconverted the 1080P content coming from my receiver to 4K, but for some unknown reason, tonight all it will do is 1080P. My second HDMI coming direct from my 4K Bluray player is still at 4K, but nothing 1080P is getting upconverted. The difference between 1080P and 1080P upconverted to 4K from my PS4 is noticeably worse. Could this be another HDMI cable issue, or am I having a brain-fart and overlooking a setting on the projector?

3550 upconverts? I haven’t seen that on mine.
I would think it’s a function of your player or source.

Last edited by home4sale2; 04-14-2019 at 12:46 AM.
post #2512 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 04:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 53 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Got the 3550 installed late last night for a limited session, so much more testing to come. So this is my initial impression. DISCLAIMER, My set-up fits the definition of smaller screen user in a light controlled room. Sources, 4K blu-Ray from both a Sony X800 and Oppo 203, via a Marantz SR7012. (I specifically purchased the 3550 to watch 4K blu discs so that’s what I focused on, for now.) My preferred settings are WCG on, iris on and brilliant color off, HDR brightness 0. Generally I concur with the conclusions in both Sages and Scotty’s reviews. I did however get the weird split screen anomaly watching Lucy, but not on other discs. Lucy was my only Universal demo so not sure if this is unique to that studios releases? Can anybody else confirm? The split screen was dead even, almost like half with brilliant color on and half off?? It would come and go. That's too bad because that issue aside, Lucy is razor sharp and rocks in 4K. This is my first projector with an iris and I did not find it intrusive. Fan noise was a bit more noticeable than my 3050. To be fair that’s without a dB meter and not sure if that thought had been put there by other users mentioning it. Once I got into a movie, fan noise was a non issue. Much more testing to follow. My very initial impression, a worthy upgrade from my 3050, but not by orders of magnitude. Something that also matters to me is the value proposition. Back in 2006/2007 my Optoma HD70 originally listed for $999. I thought 720P for under a grand was a revelation. To be able to buy a quality 4K projector with iris for only $500 more 13 years later is pretty great. So more 4K UHD testing tonight along with 1080P blu and 3D and PS4 Pro. For now, another cup of coffee...🙂

Last edited by Samfield; 04-14-2019 at 04:53 AM.
post #2513 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 05:29 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 42
I don't mean to sound complainy in my posts -- I love this thing overall -- but some of the problems I and others have mentioned are becoming more and more noticeable and annoying as time goes on.

The hum from the pixel shifting component is quieter than earlier models and is usually constant, but not always. Sometimes it stops and starts every 10-15 seconds which makes it very noticeable. I've resorted to enabling Silence mode (and applying the calibrated Cinema mode settings to it) to turn it off, which I think effectively makes this thing a 1080p projector for SDR content? HDR content still engages HDR10 mode wherein Silence mode is not toggleable, but the noise seems to be constant in that mode, which is fine with me. It's like the component has a hard time staying engaged for non-4K content, resulting in the noise stopping and starting as mentioned.

The noise and flickering from the Dynamic Iris opening and closing, as first mentioned by someone else here, is similarly annoying due to its randomness and frequency. I've turned that off for SDR content and haven't decided if I want to keep it on for HDR.

The last problem I'm having happens once every 3-5 boots, where it seems like something doesn't start properly. Usually about a minute into booting, there's an audible click and the colors kind of "snap" into sync. Prior to that click, they look a bit off. But sometimes that click never happens and it results in the colors rapidly and repeatedly shifting and it affects the entire picture. Rebooting it temporarily fixes it, though I'm curious to see if it stops entirely now that I've turned off the pixel shifter.

I have an email chain with support and they've offered me an advanced RMA once they have sufficient stock, but I'm no longer sure how many of these things are isolated problems impacting only some units, or how many are problems with the product in general that simply aren't being noticed by some people. I'm admittedly very susceptible to audible and visual oddities and a lot of people aren't. I know some people aren't bothered by the hum of the HT2550, and others don't even notice it, but for me it made that model 100% unusable. But when I had that, it had none of these other problems, so I'm hopeful they can be fixed for this model.

Last edited by 2L84U; 04-14-2019 at 06:11 AM.
post #2514 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Is it better than the Optoma Uhd60?
post #2515 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 07:40 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:

Super disappointed....

Thanks!
Same situation. They absolutely refused to adjust the price without canceling and reordering so I just canceled and ordered from BenQ Direct.

7.2.4 BenQ/Marantz/HTD/Micca/SVS/Dayton
post #2516 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 07:44 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 84 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by clotter62 View Post

Did you enable silent mode? That disables 4K altogether.

Quote:
Originally Posted by home4sale2 View Post
3550 upconverts? I haven’t seen that on mine.
I would think it’s a function of your player or source.

Of course the projector will upscale if it's fed a 1080p signal, otherwise the image would only take up a quarter of the screen.

7.2.4 BenQ/Marantz/HTD/Micca/SVS/Dayton
post #2517 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 08:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L84U View Post
I don't mean to sound complainy in my posts -- I love this thing overall -- but some of the problems I and others have mentioned are becoming more and more noticeable and annoying as time goes on.

The hum from the pixel shifting component is quieter than earlier models and is usually constant, but not always. Sometimes it stops and starts every 10-15 seconds which makes it very noticeable. I've resorted to enabling Silence mode (and applying the calibrated Cinema mode settings to it) to turn it off, which I think effectively makes this thing a 1080p projector for SDR content? HDR content still engages HDR10 mode wherein Silence mode is not toggleable, but the noise seems to be constant in that mode, which is fine with me. It's like the component has a hard time staying engaged for non-4K content, resulting in the noise stopping and starting as mentioned.

The noise and flickering from the Dynamic Iris opening and closing, as first mentioned by someone else here, is similarly annoying due to its randomness and frequency. I've turned that off for SDR content and haven't decided if I want to keep it on for HDR.

The last problem I'm having happens once every 3-5 boots, where it seems like something doesn't start properly. Usually about a minute into booting, there's an audible click and the colors kind of "snap" into sync. Prior to that click, they look a bit off. But sometimes that click never happens and it results in the colors rapidly and repeatedly shifting and it affects the entire picture. Rebooting it temporarily fixes it, though I'm curious to see if it stops entirely now that I've turned off the pixel shifter.

I have an email chain with support and they've offered me an advanced RMA once they have sufficient stock, but I'm no longer sure how many of these things are isolated problems impacting only some units, or how many are problems with the product in general that simply aren't being noticed by some people. I'm admittedly very susceptible to audible and visual oddities and a lot of people aren't. I know some people aren't bothered by the hum of the HT2550, and others don't even notice it, but for me it made that model 100% unusable. But when I had that, it had none of these other problems, so I'm hopeful they can be fixed for this model.

Silent mode effectively neuters this projector by eliminating the XPR and returning it to a native 1080p device. I wouldn’t recommend running in silent unless you’re trying to run the projector in the background for slide shows or the like when company is over.

BenQ is still working on an adjustment to the iris. A large part of the problem here is expectation. Besides the occasional over reaction I think the implementation here is very good. The issue is no iris is going to invisible and BenQ opted for a simple on/off. I still hold that BenQ could have avoided some of this by giving us a choice over the the iris speed.

As for noise— You could build a hush box. Otherwise I would simply advise avoiding 4K DLP. The Ht3550 is much quieter (in terms of actuator noise) than any of the competing 4K DLPS near this price save maybe the UHD60. Fan noise is another thing and the HT3550 is definitely noticeable outside ECO lamp. I think this comes down more to the quality of noise versus the quantity of noise. Fan noise is easier to ignore over most movie sound tracks as it’s white noise. Still, the fan noise was present enough in normal that I sighted it as a disadvantage in my review. It’s definitely louder than the HT2050A.

post #2518 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 08:53 AM
Advanced Member

[QUOTE=Spaded21;57900026]Did you enable silent mode? That disables 4K altogether.

No, the silent mode is off. Am I reading the displays correctly?
- Picture 1 shows that silent mode is off.
- Picture 2 shows that HDMI 2 is displaying, or that the source is 1080p? Is this displaying the source resolution or the projector resolution?
- Picture 3 shows that the projectore is displaying in 1080p? Again, is this displaying source or projector resolution
- Picture 4 shows that aspect ratio is set to automatic.
- Picture 5 shows my other settings at the moment; dynamic iris on, etc...

I feel like I'm missing something, or am misinterpreting the displays. Perhaps I'm mistaken, but I could swear that previous to this, that HDMI 2 was displaying that the projector was 2160 / 4k instead of 1080p.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_103210_resized.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	269.9 KB
ID:	2552774   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_101458.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	934.4 KB
ID:	2552778   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_101124.jpg
Views:	83
Size:	999.7 KB
ID:	2552780   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_101153.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	958.7 KB
ID:	2552782   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190414_101332.jpg
Views:	79
Size:	928.7 KB
ID:	2552786  

post #2519 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
Silent mode effectively neuters this projector by eliminating the XPR and returning it to a native 1080p device. I wouldn’t recommend running in silent unless you’re trying to run the projector in the background for slide shows or the like when company is over.

BenQ is still working on an adjustment to the iris. A large part of the problem here is expectation. Besides the occasional over reaction I think the implementation here is very good. The issue is no iris is going to invisible and BenQ opted for a simple on/off. I still hold that BenQ could have avoided some of this by giving us a choice over the the iris speed.

As for noise— You could build a hush box. Otherwise I would simply advise avoiding 4K DLP. The Ht3550 is much quieter (in terms of actuator noise) than any of the competing 4K DLPS near this price save maybe the UHD60. Fan noise is another thing and the HT3550 is definitely noticeable outside ECO lamp. I think this comes down more to the quality of noise versus the quantity of noise. Fan noise is easier to ignore over most movie sound tracks as it’s white noise. Still, the fan noise was present enough in normal that I sighted it as a disadvantage in my review. It’s definitely louder than the HT2050A.
I'd be fine leaving XPR on if its hum were constant. The fact that it stops and starts every few seconds is my hangup. Does yours do the same?

DI I can do without, but the above + the frequent boot problem I'm really hoping can be fixed with either a replacement or a firmware update.
sage11x likes this.
post #2520 of 4747 Old 04-14-2019, 09:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2L84U View Post
I'd be fine leaving XPR on if its hum were constant. The fact that it stops and starts every few seconds is my hangup. Does yours do the same?

DI I can do without, but the above + the frequent boot problem I'm really hoping can be fixed with either a replacement or a firmware update.

I don’t have a production unit but, rather, a pre-production review sample. But I don’t think the noise you’re hearing is the actuator because the actuator should be running all the time outside of 3D/Silent. It’s a possibility that one of the fans is clicking on and off... Idk, I haven’t experienced that. Maybe take a video of the issue and share?

As for your boot issue. Is that something that is happening constantly or just for a few seconds? The iris does go through an activation process and when engaging or disengaging the filter (which is tied to the last mode you used before turning off the projector) you’ll often see some odd color shifts and screen tearing as the projector sorts itself out. This is 100% normal.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page