ID:	2484460  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 Old 12-05-2018, 11:37 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 5
The S3 is not yet available for shipment in China or as an International version. We are accepting preorders on our website.
post #3 of 43 Old 12-05-2018, 06:26 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 Old 12-06-2018, 09:44 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 205 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by roni44 View Post

Thanks for the post, roni.
HD Club has been relatively quiet on the chinese 4k UST. Good to see them back.
post #5 of 43 Old 12-06-2018, 06:23 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by qoopy View Post
Thanks for the post, roni.
HD Club has been relatively quiet on the chinese 4k UST. Good to see them back.
Yeah, I think they are too busy with all this 8k stuff. So far they have say good things about S3, I am waiting on their full report, since I am good friend with some of them, I will get the low down.
post #6 of 43 Old 12-20-2018, 04:55 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Is there any mention of input lag? My room is primarily used for gaming. Love the idea of 4K UST, but hardly anyone marketing to the US is tackling this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #7 of 43 Old 12-21-2018, 06:54 PM

The input lag on the S3 & S3 International is 8ms.
post #8 of 43 Old 03-06-2019, 04:56 AM - Thread Starter

post #9 of 43 Old 05-30-2019, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hello guys, Im very new to the projector world. I was wondering if anyone has compared this to the Xgimi Lune 4k pro? Im more particular to the lumens brightness as I have no way to fully darken my room. Thanks in advance.
post #10 of 43 Old 05-30-2019, 11:22 PM - Thread Starter

The S3 and Lune 曜4kPro have similar specs, probably made in the same facility. It is not clear apart from the slight increase in the lumens rating, what else justifies the big jump in price from the 1st generation 4k UST. I would put the brightness figure at somewhere between 1500-2000.
If brightness is your main concern, the Changhong C7UT's [email protected]" rating may be a more reliable figure:
http://laser.changhong.com/product/38.html
post #11 of 43 Old 05-31-2019, 11:44 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 574 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Glad to see it supports 3D, but at $4,500, this belongs in the $3K+ forum.

Hi-deft Media Keen Videosaurus
post #12 of 43 Old 05-31-2019, 09:06 PM

Still deciding on which one to get between the JmGO S3 and the Xgimi Lune 4K Pro. I'm in Taiwan and I can get either of them for the same price of about 2755 US dollars. Cannot find any comparisons between the 2 regarding actual brightness, color, etc. The specs says 3000 ANSI for the S3 and 2600 for the Lune 4k Pro. Not sure how it really is in actual use. Lots of reviews for the Xiaomi 4K but only about 1500 ANSI lumens.

Anyone here have seen either of these 2 UST 4K chinese projectors? Thanks.
post #13 of 43 Old 05-31-2019, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JmGOUS View Post
Can you guys comment on the actual lumens rating? Is the 3000 ANSI on the projected surface, or just the light source. I've read somewhere in the forums that the Lune is a lot brighter that the Xiaomi so I crossed that off my list. So now considering between S3 and Lune 4K Pro.
post #14 of 43 Old 05-31-2019, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the response. Almost nothing to be researched on the ChangHong C7UT. So I'm a bit hesitant on the brand. Or maybe I am the only one not that familiar with it and you guys are. Cuz like I said before, I am really a newbie on projectors. I just want to experience the "big picture" to replace my 47 inch Samsung LCD TV. Thanks again.
post #15 of 43 Old 06-01-2019, 12:31 AM - Thread Starter

1. The Changhong C7UT uses a 3-laser engine and .66 XPRx2 chip, giving you good DCI-P3 coverage and brightness. It's a unique design.

2. All the others (except Hisense) are .47 XPRx4 devices using single laser engine with colour wheel. They are essentially limited to BT709 coverage despite WCG claims.
3. The Xiaomi/Fengmi are rated at 1500 lumens, and could be using the pico version of the TI chip.
4. The JMGO/Xgimi are rated at 2000 lumens. JMGO seems to have more QC issues.
5. The Changhong D5UR is another 2000 lumens model to consider.
Hope this helps.
Nick Laslett likes this.

Last edited by qoopy; 06-01-2019 at 12:36 AM.
post #16 of 43 Old 06-01-2019, 01:52 AM

Quote:
1. The Changhong C7UT uses a 3-laser engine and .66 XPRx2 chip, giving you good DCI-P3 coverage and brightness. It's a unique design.

2. All the others (except Hisense) are .47 XPRx4 devices using single laser engine with colour wheel. They are essentially limited to BT709 coverage despite WCG claims.
3. The Xiaomi/Fengmi are rated at 1500 lumens, and could be using the pico version of the TI chip.
4. The JMGO/Xgimi are rated at 2000 lumens. JMGO seems to have more QC issues.
5. The Changhong D5UR is another 2000 lumens model to consider.
Hope this helps.
Thanks for the additional info. Do you have an idea regarding the price?
post #17 of 43 Old 06-01-2019, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjao View Post
Quote:
Can you guys comment on the actual lumens rating? Is the 3000 ANSI on the projected surface, or just the light source. I've read somewhere in the forums that the Lune is a lot brighter that the Xiaomi so I crossed that off my list. So now considering between S3 and Lune 4K Pro.
The S3 Chinese version is 2000 lumen at the light source. The S3 International version is 3000 lumen at the light source.
post #18 of 43 Old 06-03-2019, 08:22 PM

Quote:
So it is really 8 ms and not a typo for 80 ms? Thanks
post #19 of 43 Old 06-04-2019, 01:40 AM - Thread Starter

Price appears to be a sensitive topic here on this forum.

You should be able to get the Chinese online retailers to ship to Taiwan in the upcoming June sales.
post #20 of 43 Old 06-05-2019, 03:47 AM

Quote:
Price appears to be a sensitive topic here on this forum.

You should be able to get the Chinese online retailers to ship to Taiwan in the upcoming June sales.
Yeah, I think so too. Anyways, thanks for the info. Really considering pulling the trigger on the JMGO S3. Cuz if the Changhong is a 3-laser engine, it will be beyond my current budget.
post #21 of 43 Old 06-05-2019, 04:45 AM

Hey everyone, do you guys know the average time these chinese companies make a new model? Like cellphones wherein it an annual event. Thanks
post #22 of 43 Old 06-07-2019, 07:11 PM - Thread Starter

Made up your mind on the S3? Here's a short clip of the 1700 lumens 峰米4K Cinema that should gave you some indication of whether these chinese made UST are bright enough for you.

https://f.us.sinaimg.cn/0013QaEDlx07...unistore,video

https://m.weibo.cn/search?containeri...ecode=hbshare1

Meanwhile you can also check out the upcoming 卡萨帝 KJQ100A.

Last edited by qoopy; 06-07-2019 at 10:05 PM.
post #23 of 43 Old 06-10-2019, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Made up your mind on the S3? Here's a short clip of the 1700 lumens 峰米4K Cinema that should gave you some indication of whether these chinese made UST are bright enough for you.

Hello there.

Thanks for giving me information on these UST projectors. I ended up buying the JMGO S3 as I found a local distributor which would help a lot for any problems that might arise later on. Support for direct online shops in China will make it a challenge if the unit has any problem. I don't have 4K content at the moment so I can't comment on the real picture quality of the S3. Im planning on getting Netflix later on.

But with 1080p content, the quality is good. Brightness is adequate with minimal ambient light, but really bright when the room is darkened or during the night. It says 3000 ANSI lumens but I cannot verify that spec as I don't have any previous unit to compare. And more importantly, I only project on a white wall. No ALR screen at the moment. I just bought a blackout curtain which helps a lot during daytime viewing.

I tried playing on the Xbox and did not note significant input lag. It has lag, just minimal to a point that it does not affect gameplay. Sound is loud but a bit muddled with some bass. Its enough for daily TV watching. But for movies, I would still recommend separate speakers for it.

卡萨帝 KJQ100A is dual laser so it would be better than the S3 but I cant find any distributor here in Taiwan. And Im a bit hesitant to directly buy on a Chinese website because of the support after purchase. And price might be beyond what I can afford for now. I could wait for more news on the better upcoming models, but as with all gadgets, waiting for a better model means a never ending wait for the next updated unit. So I pulled the trigger and bought the S3.
post #24 of 43 Old 06-10-2019, 07:03 PM

Quote:

I did ask the distributor to compare the JMGO S3 (3000 ANSI lumens) and Xgimi 4k Lune Pro (2600 ANSI lumens) and he did say that the S3 looked brighter. So there's that as a reference for people who have the Lune 4k (2200 ANSI), or Lune 4K Pro. I think is the specs are similar, performance will be similar as these chinese projector use the same parts anyway.
post #25 of 43 Old 06-10-2019, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

Glad to know that your S3 is doing well. My first chinese made UST was a U1 that won't power up and had to be repatriated.
A few things you may like to find out from your distributor:
1. Does it use a RGB colour wheel, or one with am additional white/yellow segment to boost lumen output?
2. Any significant improvement over the U1 apart from being brighter?
3. Is it noisy?
The current price is quite tempting. Thinking of getting one as a backup to the Lune.
post #26 of 43 Old 06-11-2019, 07:58 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Docjao View Post
Hello there.

Thanks for giving me information on these UST projectors. I ended up buying the JMGO S3 as I found a local distributor which would help a lot for any problems that might arise later on. Support for direct online shops in China will make it a challenge if the unit has any problem. I don't have 4K content at the moment so I can't comment on the real picture quality of the S3. Im planning on getting Netflix later on.

But with 1080p content, the quality is good. Brightness is adequate with minimal ambient light, but really bright when the room is darkened or during the night. It says 3000 ANSI lumens but I cannot verify that spec as I don't have any previous unit to compare. And more importantly, I only project on a white wall. No ALR screen at the moment. I just bought a blackout curtain which helps a lot during daytime viewing.

I tried playing on the Xbox and did not note significant input lag. It has lag, just minimal to a point that it does not affect gameplay. Sound is loud but a bit muddled with some bass. Its enough for daily TV watching. But for movies, I would still recommend separate speakers for it.

卡萨帝 KJQ100A is dual laser so it would be better than the S3 but I cant find any distributor here in Taiwan. And Im a bit hesitant to directly buy on a Chinese website because of the support after purchase. And price might be beyond what I can afford for now. I could wait for more news on the better upcoming models, but as with all gadgets, waiting for a better model means a never ending wait for the next updated unit. So I pulled the trigger and bought the S3.
Hi, have you received the until (JMGO S3) yet? How is it? Its below 2.5K now, I am tempted to pull the trigger. Any info would be awesome

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

always around...
post #27 of 43 Old 06-11-2019, 07:59 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo Correa View Post
Hi, have you received the until (JMGO S3) yet? How is it? Its below 2.5K now, I am tempted to pull the trigger. Any info would be awesome

Unit*

always around...
post #28 of 43 Old 06-11-2019, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Glad to know that your S3 is doing well. My first chinese made UST was a U1 that won't power up and had to be repatriated.
1. Does it use a RGB colour wheel, or one with am additional white/yellow segment to boost lumen output?
3. Is it noisy?
The current price is quite tempting. Thinking of getting one as a backup to the Lune.
I specifically asked the distributor to test the unit for me prior to shipping. I warned him that if the S3 is defective in any way, it will just be a lot of hassle to ship back and forth, albeit he is in Taiwan anyway.

*** the distributor is literally just that, a distributor. I asked him this and he is also just surfing the net for the info. So in short, he doesn't know. But I rather liked him being up front on what he knows and doesn't. Lots of others out there lay out all these facts that are just guesswork to make a sale.

*** he also has the U1 and did state the difference in brightness between U1 and S3 is noticeable but not dramatic. But all these are subjective. To us it may be dramatic already. I don't know.

3. Is it noisy?
*** my s3 is in the living room. so it is relatively noisy compared to a dedicated media room. you can hear the fan noise on start up. but once it gets going, I don't hear it anymore. I have my Monitor Audios silver edition as my sound system so any noise from the s3 is drowned out.

Maybe you should buy one and compare it to the Lune. Which was what I was choosing between the s3. Since all the info that I based my decision to buy this was just forums, reviews, and on what the distributor said. Maybe your actual comparison can make my doubt go away on which I should have bought. Or if the Lune turns out to be better, you can help me go into a sea of regret.
post #29 of 43 Old 06-11-2019, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo Correa View Post

I got it about a week ago. I am not that reliable to base your decision to buy the S3 as I am really as green as it can get on projectors. This is my first foray into the big screen world. I don't have previous units to compare what is better. I am in Taiwan and my options differ a bit on yours in the US.

But I will share my experience on this from a newbie's point of view. You can ask me details later on and I will try to answer as best as I can.

First of all, I don't have a screen. I project on a not so white wall, with imperfections, so the projector can definitely look better with the proper screen and with better control of the light. Living room setup definitely not ideal for projector use. But I cant justify buying a very expensive OLED TV at the moment to enjoy a big screen experience.

The OS is chinese but I can read it with some help from Google translate. The menu is relatively simple and adjustments for picture quality is very simplified. Contrast, brightness, saturation, sharpness, light brightness level. So may not be enough for people who wants more control. I just don't have enough experience on the higher end models of UST projectors to say how it compares. But from what I was expecting going into this, it was okay and the picture is nice and bright. But lots of you guys will invest on a screen with controlled light in your rooms, so I am sure your experience with the S3 will be a lot better than mine.

Noise is just noticeable during startup. It gets a bit hot when running but I guess at a normal level, as all projectors do. Brightness is enough wherein the picture is watchable during daytime viewing, but I did change the curtains to blackout ones which helps. During night viewing, it gets bright. I even adjusted the brightness down a bit as it gets a bit uncomfortable to the eyes. Voltage is 110 to 224 volts so we are all covered on this one.

Source material really matters so I really haven't tested the real capabilities of the S3 as I watch 720p or 1080p downloaded movies most of the time. I tried several blu-ray movies on my playstation and it looked nice. Haven't tried 4K yet. Considering Netflix at the moment.

Sound is okay with some bass but not the punchy, crisp bass. More on a slightly muddled bass but acceptable for a built in speaker in a relatively small box. You need to invest on a speaker system for movies. Like I said in the previous post, input lag is very minimal from what I played. Very playable, but I need to try FPS games first to further comment of this.

Hope this helps.
post #30 of 43 Old 06-11-2019, 08:13 PM

Quote:
3. Is it noisy?
Your Lune is 1080p or 4K? are you considering the Lune 4K Pro? the remote control for the Lune is bluetooth right? that gets me a bit since the s3 is just an infrared remote. The Lune's speakers are probably a lot better since its Harman Kardon, 60 watts total compared to the S3's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page