Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 16 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 361Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #451 of 1345 Old 05-08-2019, 11:08 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by DrunkMonk View Post
Hi there! Would love to know if there is noticeable lag when playing video games on the projector? I was looking at the VAVA 4k UST and have seen reviews showing lag when gaming, so was wondering about this one as well. Also, would you happen to know if I'd be able to plug this up in the US with a converter?



Thank you!


Yes 100ms is very noticable. I only play slow story-based games on my projector. For fast paced FPS and racing games, I use my LG OLED, which has an amazing response time.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
drdoom2k likes this.
Sonny2160p is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #452 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 05:32 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 11
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Looks like the only way to answer my 3D questions is to buy the bloody thing
Brajesh and oni222 like this.
MDB70 is offline  
post #453 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 05:38 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 40
That's the spirit.
But on a more serious note, there are more than a few comments about the fan noise at one popular online retailer.

Last edited by qoopy; 05-09-2019 at 05:41 AM.
qoopy is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #454 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 05:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Movie78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 1,549
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by MDB70 View Post
Looks like the only way to answer my 3D questions is to buy the bloody thing
Wondering what people are buying this projector for if they are not using 3D....


Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Movie78 is offline  
post #455 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 05:46 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Posts: 324
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Watching ripped 4k contents, perhaps?

Last edited by qoopy; 05-09-2019 at 05:52 AM.
qoopy is online now  
post #456 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 06:04 AM
Newbie
 
updike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone know where to find a throw distance calculator? For instance, I'll be using a 90" screen and I'll be placing the unit on top of an existing cabinet. Can I control the image height? How is image size adjusted?
updike is offline  
post #457 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 06:14 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Movie78's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: NY
Posts: 1,549
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:
Originally Posted by updike View Post
Does anyone know where to find a throw distance calculator? For instance, I'll be using a 90" screen and I'll be placing the unit on top of an existing cabinet. Can I control the image height? How is image size adjusted?
Projector Central

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Movie78 is offline  
post #458 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 06:38 AM
Newbie
 
updike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
Projector Central

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Thanks. The only thing I'm not sure about is the image height in relation to the projector.
updike is offline  
post #459 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 08:07 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hei Guys I just got my 3d glasses, the 4k xiaomi projector can accept 3d and its pretty easy set-up, just press the 3 horizontal lines whilst on the movie, hit the display option then the 3d settings will pop up. I've tried a spider man into the spider verse brightness is less brighter compared to an UHD movie but it's bearable and still looks good, no lag and clear so I had to turn the brightness to 100 but everything work perfectly now. When I watched some 3d sbs videos on youtube 3d videos looks amazing in 1080p resolution and clear, but still nothing beats the 4k resolution take note I have projected this on the white wall as I will be ordering a projector screen soon.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3d glass.jpg
Views:	158
Size:	44.8 KB
ID:	2564568  
Brajesh, oni222, Johnny nz and 1 others like this.

Last edited by teejay4k; 05-09-2019 at 08:59 AM.
teejay4k is offline  
post #460 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 11:37 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 21
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by updike View Post
Does anyone know where to find a throw distance calculator? For instance, I'll be using a 90" screen and I'll be placing the unit on top of an existing cabinet. Can I control the image height? How is image size adjusted?
Try this

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk
Nihar P is offline  
post #461 of 1345 Old 05-09-2019, 07:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi, is anyone using a step-up voltage regulator for this projector? In my place, we only have 110 V outlets. If anybody using this projector with a step-up voltage, please suggest which one to buy with specifications.
Chandra Prakash Epperla is offline  
post #462 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 03:28 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hello,

As I have posted previously in the thread, I cannot get [email protected] straight from my laptop on the projector. The laptop has a gtx 1080 nvidia GPU and it already does [email protected] on my 4k monitor, Wacom Cintiq 24 and also on my TV set with the same cables via HDMI 2.0. After many attempts, 2 new gold plated cables, I managed to enable HDMI 2.0 function on the projector (it was not working properly in the beginning) and SOMETIMES it gets a signal but the picture is flickering badly [email protected] (in my attached pic the image supposed to be plain blue with no lines) . The flickering also happens when I attempt [email protected] but is slightly reduced. I am completely gutted tbh, as [email protected] was the main reason I purchased the projector and used all my economies to purchase it.

I contacted the Chinese re-seller and I got replies like.. I`m trying to use the projector "out of the parameters" set for it and this leads to "unavailability"... more like "trying to use Android 7.0 on a phone designed to use Android 6.0". He concluded the the hardware is fine and good to go! Isn`t this projector advertised as having HDMI 2.0 by Xiaomi? Obviously he won`t accept returns and at this point I have to at lest try everything to make it work. Can somebody help me with some advice?

Many many thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ae_1557429728089.jpg
Views:	136
Size:	1.06 MB
ID:	2564806  
danimanfx is offline  
post #463 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 05:31 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 87
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimanfx View Post
Hello,

As I have posted previously in the thread, I cannot get [email protected] straight from my laptop on the projector. The laptop has a gtx 1080 nvidia GPU and it already does [email protected] on my 4k monitor, Wacom Cintiq 24 and also on my TV set with the same cables via HDMI 2.0. After many attempts, 2 new gold plated cables, I managed to enable HDMI 2.0 function on the projector (it was not working properly in the beginning) and SOMETIMES it gets a signal but the picture is flickering badly [email protected] (in my attached pic the image supposed to be plain blue with no lines) . The flickering also happens when I attempt [email protected] but is slightly reduced. I am completely gutted tbh, as [email protected] was the main reason I purchased the projector and used all my economies to purchase it.

I contacted the Chinese re-seller and I got replies like.. I`m trying to use the projector "out of the parameters" set for it and this leads to "unavailability"... more like "trying to use Android 7.0 on a phone designed to use Android 6.0". He concluded the the hardware is fine and good to go! Isn`t this projector advertised as having HDMI 2.0 by Xiaomi? Obviously he won`t accept returns and at this point I have to at lest try everything to make it work. Can somebody help me with some advice?

Many many thanks!
Sorry to hear, nothing worse than some HDMI (HDCP) handshake issues! From my experience, this still sounds like a cable issue: [email protected] requires a lot of 'bandwidth' and even a cable that is 'too long' can't keep up with this. Some other folks like the people behind the HDFury Linker that work a lot with this sort of topic recommend the cable to be shorter than 3m in total AND to be of the highest quality. Sometimes this really is 'hit-and-miss', really.
oni222 likes this.
drdoom2k is offline  
post #464 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 05:51 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdoom2k View Post
Sorry to hear, nothing worse than some HDMI (HDCP) handshake issues! From my experience, this still sounds like a cable issue: [email protected] requires a lot of 'bandwidth' and even a cable that is 'too long' can't keep up with this. Some other folks like the people behind the HDFury Linker that work a lot with this sort of topic recommend the cable to be shorter than 3m in total AND to be of the highest quality. Sometimes this really is 'hit-and-miss', really.
At this point I`d buy the nVidia Shield if I`d knew is going to work. I have tested 1m, 2m, 3m, 5m cables so far and nothing worked. All those cable don`t have any issues with my monitor, Wacom Cintiq and TV. I have addressed Xiaomi.. but I don`t hold any hopes.

Did anybody tried this with a good laptop/pc? Did you guys managed to get [email protected]?
danimanfx is offline  
post #465 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 11:37 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
A small update. I connected my ps4 pro, launched youtube and activated "stats for nerds". [email protected] clips are working without problems. I wonder why from my laptop it cannot.
Johnny nz likes this.
danimanfx is offline  
post #466 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 02:04 PM
Member
 
10basetom's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Singapore
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimanfx View Post
A small update. I connected my ps4 pro, launched youtube and activated "stats for nerds". [email protected] clips are working without problems. I wonder why from my laptop it cannot.
Check to see if your laptop video card can output 4k/60 to any device

Sent from my 2PZC5 using Tapatalk
10basetom is offline  
post #467 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 03:24 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have 3 devices running successfully [email protected] in my room, connected to the laptop. Only the projector has a problem .
danimanfx is offline  
post #468 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 03:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hello, I have received the projector as well. Took a couple videos but needs some editing before posting here.

First of all, this beast is amazing ! Bear in mind this is my first projector so I do not have a direct point of comparison, but I'm blown away by the quality and it is projected on my white wall (no screen yet). I can confirm that FPS are not playable with the device. The lag is already noticeable on games like Mario Kart (albait it still is super nice to play the Switch on it and not a big deal for these kind of games).

Main drawbacks for me, not being able to fully translate everything into English, and not having native Netflix / Play Store, but those are minor issues.

Did not test 3D yet, if someone can point me to a pair of glasses that should work I'll order them and test on 4k blu-rays.
Yovel is offline  
post #469 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 04:25 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi - There's an APK you can download and install quite easily.

If you can't find the YouTube video drop me private message and I will send you the link.

How decent is the picture in daylight?
[email protected] is offline  
post #470 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 04:35 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi - There's an APK you can download and install quite easily.

If you can't find the YouTube video drop me private message and I will send you the link.

How decent is the picture in daylight?
Hey ! Issue is the APK I found was for the older models / I'm kinda afraid to download it. Most of the stuff work with the native translation setting so I won't risk it for now.

As for daylight - I live in a very bright place with a lot of direct sunlight. During the day there is not much the projector can do unless I dim the room by rolling down my shutters ~half way. I'll post pictures soon if you want, comparing night / day / dim room. Bear in mind I have no screen installed (yet).
Yovel is offline  
post #471 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 05:18 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Please - daylight shot would be great.

I've ordered a sample of a screen from China. Send me a PM and I'll give you details
[email protected] is offline  
post #472 of 1345 Old 05-10-2019, 06:08 PM
Advanced Member
 
aerodynamics's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Posts: 563
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 129
Quote:
Originally Posted by danimanfx View Post
A small update. I connected my ps4 pro, launched youtube and activated "stats for nerds". [email protected] clips are working without problems. I wonder why from my laptop it cannot.
Would this have anything to do with your laptop outputting 4k60 4:4:4 and your PS4 outputting 4:2:0 or 4:2:2? I’m not too familiar with chroma but I do know one uses more bandwidth than the other and not all devices can display 4:4:4.
oni222 likes this.

Viewsonic PX800HD | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | HDFury Diva | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
aerodynamics is offline  
post #473 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 10:58 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
advice on tab tension screen

We are looking to order tab-tensioned projector screen from China for UST Xiaomi 4K projector, the projector is produced by XY a Chinese manufacturer. Would like some opinion from you guys. We would given the below project screen spec where we plan to order for around $600USD for 120 inch tab tensioned motorized version.


We are placing it on a window and i know the screen needs to be in dark room. So we can have the curtain closed when watching movies.
What do you guys think of this screen when compared to other more expensive options like cinetension cinetension 2 from elitescreen? and is this a good screen or the setup ideal if i can close the curtain and the room is dark?



Thanks for your knowledge and input as i'm quite new to this
Thanawin Olanrawathana is offline  
post #474 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 11:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
JRock3x8's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Northwest Indiana
Posts: 3,871
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1796 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thanawin Olanrawathana View Post
We are looking to order tab-tensioned projector screen from China for UST Xiaomi 4K projector, the projector is produced by XY a Chinese manufacturer. Would like some opinion from you guys. We would given the below project screen spec where we plan to order for around $600USD for 120 inch tab tensioned motorized version.





We are placing it on a window and i know the screen needs to be in dark room. So we can have the curtain closed when watching movies.

What do you guys think of this screen when compared to other more expensive options like cinetension cinetension 2 from elitescreen? and is this a good screen or the setup ideal if i can close the curtain and the room is dark?







Thanks for your knowledge and input as i'm quite new to this


That looks like the worst possible room for a projector.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
JRock3x8 is offline  
post #475 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 11:50 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
That looks like the worst possible room for a projector.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I have ordered a sample from XY, see specs below.

"PET Crystal is a special fabric with sawtooth structure on surface,it can avoid 93% natural light and environment light ,to present the real image color . Unlike traditional screen,this screen can present image under bright light .it has removed foggy phenomenon,providing bright ,vivid and perfect images.
With 0.8 Gain and 160 degree Visual angle,then audience can see clearly and vivid image in all directions."

Not sure what your looking for but this appears to be one of few providers for ALR screens.
[email protected] is offline  
post #476 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 02:33 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Hi, i am new around her and from the UK but there aren't many places where people ahve bought the new 2019 laser projector so thought i'd ask here.

I'm looking at buying the new 2019 4K version and from what i am led to believe it is only avialable in chineese but seems easy enough to install the english menus.

I currently have a sonos palybase and 2 x Play 1's for surround sound and plan on using the optical output for those

My usage would be Apple tv4k, the caveat to that is it is all done via plex media server so reliant on what the uploaded files are but they are very rarely 4k and more 1080 at best.

I use IPTV streaming services and again very rare i would get the true 4k output

Xbox one S for gaming, mostly fortnite if i am honest for my son with the odd UHD movie. Would be nice to add a 3D player and make use of the 3D from time to time and buy the relevant glasses.

Other than gaming during the day mostly watch tv on an evenings but wondered if it needs to be complete darkness during the day or if closing the blinds is acceptable during the day ?

Given my use is this over kill for what i need but also is there a better option for me ? I am looking at buying it for around 1600 pounds (2079 dollars) and then import duty and vat at 550 pounds (715 dollars) so not a cheap purchase and want it to be as future proof as possible

Thanks in advance
danwel is online now  
post #477 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 02:57 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Some comparison with some lights / in near darkness, as requested here : https://photos.app.*******/VSWVb8JKdaHjpGs79

Stars are goo .gl
Yovel is offline  
post #478 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 03:00 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 39
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thanks, just tried opening in safari and it says cant find server
danwel is online now  
post #479 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 03:02 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Posts: 19
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Danwel,

Model - mjjgtyds01fm comes in Chinese that can be changed to English for the important system settings - look on the web and you will find a great video that's less than a week old.

Happy to be corrected, but if you opt for standard delivery you shouldn't have to pay the import duty.
[email protected] is offline  
post #480 of 1345 Old 05-11-2019, 03:05 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member
 
coderguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 14,049
Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2436 Post(s)
Liked: 1319
Quote:
Originally Posted by JRock3x8 View Post
That looks like the worst possible room for a projector.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
It's ok, the curtains are already there and installed, just a lot of curtain back and forth.

**Updated Projector Calculator Released NOV 2017**
-- www.webprojectorcalculator.com --
coderguy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off