Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 20 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 334Likes

post #571 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 05:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Hey Everyone my Xiaomi 4k projector automatically updated it's system software and I went looking to play a 3d movie but I have noticed they have removed the 3D setting on my projector since updating the system can't find it in display settings, now I can't play 3d movies, does anyone have experienced this or know how to solve the issue? Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #572 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 05:53 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Do anyone connect media box / any player to avr, and avr hdmi out to the projector?

I keep noticing a slight slowness in video and sound sync, like it's not fully synchronise. Is this also the high ms you guys talking abt for gaming?

The video just seem slowed by a 10millisec!

I'm testing with himedia q10 Pro, the problem seems to be mx player. But I never notice issue with my TV previously.

With the player native player and Sony bluray Netflix app, its working well, video and audio are sync almost perfectly.

No idea why some player works well.

Last edited by deadrick; 05-24-2019 at 07:32 PM.
post #573 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 08:00 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 562 Post(s)
Liked: 286
Quote:
Originally Posted by teejay4k View Post
Hey Everyone my Xiaomi 4k projector automatically updated it's system software and I went looking to play a 3d movie but I have noticed they have removed the 3D setting on my projector since updating the system can't find it in display settings, now I can't play 3d movies, does anyone have experienced this or know how to solve the issue? Thanks
This is concerning... hope it was unintentional & they resolve it.

Hi-deft Media Keen Videosaurus
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #574 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 11:28 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Two questions:

1) For those using this with a TV box i.e Shield: Does the machine allow you to boot to a single HDMI? I have the original white Xiaomi that always boots to the built-in AndroidTV and does not allow you to book to a Shield behind an HDMI. When using a Harmony remote, I can't set up a boot up sequence and still have to use the original remote to select HDMI 3.

2) I see that people have changed the language from the native Chinese to English via the APK, but is this APK just change the language of the built in AndroidTV Oreo 8? I assume since Oreo 8 has full english menu, why it wouldn't just be loaded instead of loading an APK to change Oreo's language.

Thank you!
post #575 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 02:34 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
went for 100 inch PET crystal (lenticular / sawtooth / horizontal or whatever we are calling it) from Wendy over at XY.

Hoping to have it sometime next week with my Projector arriving shortly after with a bit of luck.
how much did you pay for both (screen and projector)?
post #576 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by ursnirmalt View Post
how much did you pay for both (screen and projector)?
You might be as well dropping me a pm with that question as mods on here get the hump when you try and help another member out by giving some help with prices as i received a warning for mentioning something remotely price related !!!
post #577 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 05:43 PM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post
This is concerning... hope it was unintentional & they resolve it.
This is very disappointing, 3d features is one of the reasons I bought this projector and now they have removed it, if I restore the operating system to its manufacturing setting that could possibly a solution but I don't want to do it yet as the language itself are still in Chinese and some in English, don't know where to go from here, I wish there is an easy contact hotline for Xiaomi.
post #578 of 1205 Old 05-24-2019, 07:33 PM

BTW do you guys off the HDR output if you playing from another player? I remember some review mentioning to off the HDR so the picture quality is better.
post #579 of 1205 Old 05-25-2019, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Try pressing and holding the 3 bar menu button on the remote, you'll then get a pop up menu and can set the 3D options.
teejay4k likes this.
post #580 of 1205 Old 05-25-2019, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just went down to view a display unit of the Xiaomi UST 2019.. Everything thing is good expect the keystone.. I don't understand how the f it works.. My projector is mounted on the ceiling, not sure if it is going to work for me man after I upgrade.. 🤣
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190525_221059_1558793639539.jpg
Views:	416
Size:	3.24 MB
ID:	2571486  
post #581 of 1205 Old 05-25-2019, 08:58 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raúl Rico View Post
Thanks for the suggestions. As far as I know, play atmos or DTSX local files shouldn't be a problem because I always can use the xiaomi 4k projector. And also because my audio system is a Sonos 5.1 (playbar, sub and 2xplay1) that doesn't accept Atmos and DTS

Finally I got a secondhand 4k apple tv for a great price, and I disconnected my previous setup (appletv hd, kodi in raspberry pi, fire stick and Nintendo Switch, all of them connected to a HDMI switch with a toslink/spdif output. This switch was connected to my previous plasma TV (now xiaomi projector) via HDMI, and to my Sonos system through spdif. This switch allowed me to avoid passthrough problems with my old pana tv)

I supposed I could remove the HDMI switch and use the toslink output of the Xiaomi 4k projector to connect the sonos system. Error. Whenever I play a video (4k or HD) or use streaming apps with the 4k apple tv, I have a huge audio delay in sonos. But when I use the proyector as player, everything works great. Obviously I bought the appletv because xiaomi miui tv software doesn't include any streaming app.

So now I probably would have to buy a new 4k hdmi switch... 😔
You got it all installed now? I wonder if the projector starts, when you turn on your appletv?
post #582 of 1205 Old 05-25-2019, 09:12 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deakin Wilson View Post
Try pressing and holding the 3 bar menu button on the remote, you'll then get a pop up menu and can set the 3D options.
Posted by the YouTube reviewer whose video is linked above...

Seriously considering ordering this PJ.
Movie78 and teejay4k like this.

post #583 of 1205 Old 05-25-2019, 09:46 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjzsakae View Post
Just went down to view a display unit of the Xiaomi UST 2019.. Everything thing is good expect the keystone.. I don't understand how the f it works.. My projector is mounted on the ceiling, not sure if it is going to work for me man after I upgrade.. 🤣
Umm... I dont think this projector should be ceiling mounted.
post #584 of 1205 Old 05-25-2019, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 140 Post(s)
Quoted: 3577 Post(s)
Liked: 2764
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
You might be as well dropping me a pm with that question as mods on here get the hump when you try and help another member out by giving some help with prices as i received a warning for mentioning something remotely price related !!!
Easy solution: When answering any questions about specific vendors and pricing simply start a new thread in the Front Projectors Great Found Deals! section and direct the person asking the question to that thread. The site owners specifically created that section of the forum for best projector pricing/sourcing discussion.
post #585 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 03:10 AM

hello everyone!
could you tell me what's about inputlag on this projector? i've only found that on previous version it was 65+...
post #586 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 05:15 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Turbin View Post
hello everyone!
could you tell me what's about inputlag on this projector? i've only found that on previous version it was 65+...
Small lag is noticeable when playing games, at least with the Nintendo Switch. It's still nice, but I don't think FPS would play well with it.
post #587 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_103 View Post
It's amazing, might be moving soon so hopefully, I can find a better place for the screen that's not right in front of a window.

For the power adapter picked up the UMI step-up voltage converter from Amazon, and it's been running without issue for a few weeks.
So what power did you choose for the voltage converter? is 500 W sufficient for this product or should go higher like up to 1000 W? Can we use 500 W voltage converter continuously for this projector?
post #588 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yovel View Post
Small lag is noticeable when playing games, at least with the Nintendo Switch. It's still nice, but I don't think FPS would play well with it.
did you try it with Game Mode? And without all digital enchantments? Like 4k upscale or some sort of "smooth" frame filters?
i've got a TV with input lag over 85ms ) so i hope that it will be smaller on this projector
post #589 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 06:07 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Ordered from China yesterday; hope to receive in 2-3 weeks. Will compare with Optoma UHD51A 4K & 3D quality.
hobbs47 and Movie78 like this.
post #590 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post
Ordered from China yesterday; hope to receive in 2-3 weeks. Will compare with Optoma UHD51A 4K & 3D quality.
Look forward to read your review.
Was considering the uhd51a before I got xiaomi 4k projector. So far I'm enjoying it. Just getting the right projection on the screen is not as easy because it's not flexible in placement if you have a screen.
post #591 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 09:36 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Placement should be easier than any ceiling-mounted PJ like UHD51A, which only has 15% vertical lens shift capability, and zero horizontal. Tabletop is easier w/UHD51A, but few of us want a PJ sitting on a table right in front of their seating area. For Xiaomi PJ, thinking of buying a simple TV stand like this to place below screen. Took quite a bit of effort to align my UHD51A w/screen in my condo given the limited space. After set-up though, I've been very happy with the PQ... sharper 4K than the Epson 5040UB & BenQ HT2550 I tried before it, and certainly much better 3D than both those PJ's (no crosstalk/ghosting, bright).
tigermask76 likes this.

post #592 of 1205 Old 05-27-2019, 06:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pavel Turbin View Post
did you try it with Game Mode? And without all digital enchantments? Like 4k upscale or some sort of "smooth" frame filters?
i've got a TV with input lag over 85ms ) so i hope that it will be smaller on this projector
So far, none of the DLP projectors using pixel shift to achieve 4k resolution have shown fast input lag times. I'm pretty sure that is the nature of the tech. Fastest model tested is the Benq TK800 at 44ms. If you want sub-40ms at 4k resolution, you'll have to go native, Sony or Epson. DLP, forget about it.

Viewsonic PX800HD | 100” Snowhite UST Screen | Pioneer Elite LX-503 | HDFury Diva | 7.2.4 Surround | Sony Core Series LCR + Atmos | Cambridge Min 12 Side Surrounds | Monoprice Rear Atmos Surrounds | Bic V1020 x2
post #593 of 1205 Old 05-28-2019, 05:34 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by aerodynamics View Post
So far, none of the DLP projectors using pixel shift to achieve 4k resolution have shown fast input lag times. I'm pretty sure that is the nature of the tech. Fastest model tested is the Benq TK800 at 44ms. If you want sub-40ms at 4k resolution, you'll have to go native, Sony or Epson. DLP, forget about it.
Aren`t the Sony pjs like 100ms @4k input lag? With an input lag reduction feature that only works for 1080p at around 30+ms?
post #594 of 1205 Old 05-28-2019, 08:29 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDJ View Post
No choice man.. There no space in front of the screen.. Haha.. Won't be able to walk if I place it infront of the screen hence I innovate.. 😁

BTW guys, anyone has the manual? Can take a photo of the throw distance measurement for me? Is it the same as the first gen?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190527_200935_1559057298760.jpg
Views:	320
Size:	3.17 MB
ID:	2572704  
post #595 of 1205 Old 05-28-2019, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by niveknow View Post
Two questions:

1) For those using this with a TV box i.e Shield: Does the machine allow you to boot to a single HDMI? I have the original white Xiaomi that always boots to the built-in AndroidTV and does not allow you to book to a Shield behind an HDMI. When using a Harmony remote, I can't set up a boot up sequence and still have to use the original remote to select HDMI 3.

2) I see that people have changed the language from the native Chinese to English via the APK, but is this APK just change the language of the built in AndroidTV Oreo 8? I assume since Oreo 8 has full english menu, why it wouldn't just be loaded instead of loading an APK to change Oreo's language.

Thank you!

Help anyone with either of those questions? Thanks! =)
post #596 of 1205 Old 05-28-2019, 02:27 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
High Frequency beeping

hey people,
I received my 4k video projector today. The picture is great! The projector is already relatively loud, the fan can be heard permanently.
Unfortunately, a high-frequency beeping can be heard. Is this normal or do you have it?
post #597 of 1205 Old 05-28-2019, 08:22 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
No choice man.. There no space in front of the screen.. Haha.. Won't be able to walk if I place it infront of the screen hence I innovate.. 😁

BTW guys, anyone has the manual? Can take a photo of the throw distance measurement for me? Is it the same as the first gen?
Ah.. Me too gonna do the same.. My small kid just won't let me watch it if I keep the PJ down, within his hand's reach.
Which ceiling mount/stand did you go for?
Am looking for one that can swivel left-right, up-down & forward-backwards (planning to view on smaller 120" during day giving higher brightness & move backwards to view 150" at night).

Throw distance will be :

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk
Brajesh likes this.
post #598 of 1205 Old 05-28-2019, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDJ View Post

Don't see anything wrong with ceiling mount. But maybe don't mount in the ceiling but the front wall. There's so many USt mount available in amazon., just mount it on the front wall above the screen.they are quite adjustable too, angle, and distance from front wall.

But if you are using the alr screen, then it wouldn't work well as it no longer cancel the ceiling light.
post #599 of 1205 Old 05-28-2019, 10:45 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrick View Post
Don't see anything wrong with ceiling mount. But maybe don't mount in the ceiling but the front wall. There's so many USt mount available in amazon., just mount it on the front wall above the screen.they are quite adjustable too, angle, and distance from front wall.

But if you are using the alr screen, then it wouldn't work well as it no longer cancel the ceiling light.
The ALR screen needs to be mounted upside down if the projector is being ceiling mounted, so that it reflects only the light coming from top & deflects/rejects the light coming in from other angles.

Ceiling lights need to be taken care of then. They need to kept off when you will be operating the projector.

Sent from my vivo 1805 using Tapatalk
post #600 of 1205 Old 05-29-2019, 04:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 1715 Post(s)
Liked: 524
Are AT screens a no go with these PJs?

My room has perfect light control

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement