Originally Posted by Curl92
I received my 4k video projector today. The picture is great! The projector is already relatively loud, the fan can be heard permanently.
Unfortunately, a high-frequency beeping can be heard. Is this normal or do you have it?
I received mine yesterday and It also has the high frequency beeping, coil whine or whatever it is called. I hopped I would get one without this problem... I will try to get used to it since I don't want to wait to get a replacement which could take another month or more to come.
Anyway, globally I am satisfied with it. Coming from an old HD ready UST (screeneo) I can only be glad!
To compare shortly with my old one:
- Noise: With the Xiaomi it can reach 40dB if we are right next to it or around 34dB at ~2m. My screeneo does around 30dB and no coil whine!
- Look: Xiaomi is heavier and less higher but the screeneo has physical buttons and the remote is more complete. This may be a big problem if we loose or break the remote to wake it up from a screensaver or the security screen if something/someone pass in front of the source for example.
- Picture: undoubtedly the xiaomi has better colors and you can adjust the RGB. The screeneo doesn't have this feature but instead has many pre-select display mode although the red color remain too flashy.
- 3D: I tried with a 3D bluray and it was a very nice experience with no name DLP glasses. The colors and brightness were way better and no discomfort at all.
- Input lag: I don't know exactly how many milliseconds but with a game on PS4 Pro it didn't bother me at all. Not far from the screeneo which I read somewhere has a good input lag for an UST projector.
The "not all" translated english menu is enough to use it.
I don't own a 4k android tv box to try it at its fullest yet.
I am projecting on a 90" screen for UST (no place for a bigger one) and I would have been happy if it has a 8 or 12 points keystone to adjust it more. But I am fine as it is
By the way, it is bright enough to use during the day. I tried this afternoon without the curtain of a window which is right in front of the screen.
Without the coil whine it would have been perfect! But maybe many of the owner don't have this problem?