Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 26 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 361Likes

post #751 of 1345 Old 06-12-2019, 03:39 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titi_78 View Post
In your link, on the last photo, i can read:
Can’t support bluetooth projector !

I’m not sure but i think Mi projector use bluetooth for 3d active shutter

I’ve buy « APEMAN 3D Glasses Ultra-Clear HD 144 Hz DLP Link 3D »
I receive it tomorow, So i can check
I’ve receive the 3d glasses today and after a full charging i make a test with « Journey to the Center of the Earth »
I know quite well this movie in 3d with my Sony trilumino led tv 55" (active shutter)
So, the 3D glasses Apeman are compatible with this PJ
With the Xiaomi, i am not sure for the rendered colors.
Perhaps to many red
But for 3D rendering,
OMG ! I am really and very surprise
I know the 3D with my tv and in movie theater/picture pallace ( not sure for this word in english)
But with this big screen 90" at ~11 feets is just awesome
I rediscover this movie
I am very surprise with the quality of the 3d effect and the depth
Finally i have full watched the movie.
and i foresee to look Avatar tomorrow

ps: i have the green effect without the 3D glasses

Link to the 3d glasses
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #752 of 1345 Old 06-12-2019, 04:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 564 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Is the picture purple-tinted in 3D mode? Are you using 'Move up or down' or 'Fit to frame' option to engage 3D?

Hi-deft Media Keen Videosaurus
post #753 of 1345 Old 06-12-2019, 04:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
How many people here have gotten the XY model screen?

Did it all go OK?

Just a bit worried.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #754 of 1345 Old 06-12-2019, 05:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ake1920 View Post
hello, i think you are an experienced user of this pj. For 120 inch screen, what is the distance between the projector and the bottom of the image?
I'm no expert w/this PJ, not yet anyway. Just experimenting. Re: your question, answer is a few pages back.

post #755 of 1345 Old 06-12-2019, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

So, I won't be doing an extensive review... who am I kidding?! I have no time... work & family and all, ya know!

But, I just spent 3 solid hours testing 2D & 3D 1080p, and 4K HDR. And, comparing back-and-forth & side-by-side with my ceiling-mounted Optoma UHD51A. And, soliciting inputs from my wife & teenage kid (there's always an opinion there , LOL)... I now have a good sense of pros/cons to each PJ.

Testing set-up:
> Xiaomi MIJIA, temporary placement for testing (pic1, pic2)
> Optoma UHD51A ceiling-mounted & used since May 2018 (pic1, pic2)

My screen, as I posted before, is a 100" Silver Ticket 1.1 gain white screen. In a decently light-controlled room (even with some ambient light), no special/expensive screen is necessary. The Xiaomi is plently bright.

I'm torn as to which PJ is better however, which to keep. I love the concept of these ultra short-throw PJ's. PQ is really bright (almost too much, definitely needing adjustment) & vibrant, frickin' sharp, with solid contrast & decent blacks (no better, no worse than my UHD51A on that last bit). Love being able to place on a shelf less than a foot away from a 100" screen. Both full 3D and full 4K are supported, on the Xiaomi I'm evaluating at least. On the other hand, I do see minor, but noticeable, jaggies in edges of objects, notably in [email protected] content (like the Sony Camp [email protected] HDR demo clip). I thankfully don't see artifacts with 4K film (23.976) material, but I haven't watched a movie yet for more than 15 minutes, only sampled scenes.

On PQ, color accuracy is better with Optoma UHD51A, with its preset Cinema setting. I also chose Movie mode with Xiaomi. Its color palette, with this setting, is warmer, with a bit of a red/orange push. All this can be adjusted, calibrated of course in User mode (and advanced picture controls). With Optoma, when I evaluated the PQ side by side (with the Xiaomi), its color palette appeared a bit cooler, slightly blue-ish in comparison. The Xiaomi also has noticeable blown-out whites with all preset picture modes, so this should really be dialed down using HD & 4K calibration test patterns, which I do plan to do.

Some side by side comparisons using 4K HDR content; left is the Xiaomi & right is the Optoma:
- Comparison1
- Comparison2
- Comparison3
- Comparison4

Oh, you need to enable HDMI 2.0 mode w/the Xiaomi to get 4K above 30Hz, and really for 4K HDR at any framerate for 4K HDR to look right. When playing HDR material, the PJ doesn't provide any visual notification (like the Optoma UHD51A does) that you're in HDR mode, or even what resolution is being rendered. You get a brief black screen, and if the colors have pop and look vibrant, you know you're getting HDR.

With 3D, I've already posted my impressions, but in a nutshell, it's a chore with this PJ. The better brightness (over Optoma UHD51A) helps with 3D, but enabling 3D isn't intuitive and takes a couple of steps, manually, to engage it. And, you have to manually disengage it. And, waiting about 15 seconds between mode changes to/from. But, the 3D quality is excellent. It's now apparent however that only certain 3D DLP-Link glasses work with this Xiaomi. These, which I bought, and likely these, which @dvduser8 posted about, work. These DLP-Link glasses I've owned for a couple of years, which do work perfectly w/Optoma UHD51A (and also worked with my previous BenQ HT2550 & 107x PJ's) do not work w/Xiaomi for some reason. So, we don't know the exact specs for which 3D DLP glasses do work w/the Xiaomi. My guess is they need to support the full range 96~144Hz synch.

So, I'm still unsure which PJ I'm keeping. I'm leaning toward the Xiaomi MIJIA, but the Optoma UHD51A remains an excellent 4K+3D PJ, and it's turning out to be a tough decision. The Xiaomi doesn't have the dark grey border issue that early TI .47 chip DLP's like it have. The main reason to keep the Optoma is color accuracy w/o any adjustments & seamless HD/3D/4K/HDR operation. The Xiaomi boasts better brightness, contrast, sharpness & short-throw placement ease.

Last edited by Brajesh; 06-12-2019 at 07:35 PM.
post #756 of 1345 Old 06-12-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post
Is the picture purple-tinted in 3D mode? Are you using 'Move up or down' or 'Fit to frame' option to engage 3D?
I have used Move up and down

Envoyé de mon LG-H930 en utilisant Tapatalk
post #757 of 1345 Old 06-12-2019, 11:50 PM

Quote:
So, I won't be doing an extensive review... who am I kidding?! I have no time... work & family and all, ya know!

But, I just spent 3 solid hours testing 2D & 3D 1080p, and 4K HDR. And, comparing back-and-forth & side-by-side with my ceiling-mounted Optoma UHD51A. And, soliciting inputs from my wife & teenage kid (there's always an opinion there , LOL)... I now have a good sense of pros/cons to each PJ.

Testing set-up:

My screen, as I posted before, is a 100" Silver Ticket 1.1 gain white screen. In a decently light-controlled room (even with some ambient light), no special/expensive screen is necessary. The Xiaomi is plently bright.

I'm torn as to which PJ is better however, which to keep. I love the concept of these ultra short-throw PJ's. PQ is really bright (almost too much, definitely needing adjustment) & vibrant, frickin' sharp, with solid contrast & decent blacks (no better, no worse than my UHD51A on that last bit). Love being able to place on a shelf less than a foot away from a 100" screen. Both full 3D and full 4K are supported, on the Xiaomi I'm evaluating at least. On the other hand, I do see minor, but noticeable, jaggies in edges of objects, notably in [email protected] content (like the Sony Camp [email protected] HDR demo clip). I thankfully don't see artifacts with 4K film (23.976) material, but I haven't watched a movie yet for more than 15 minutes, only sampled scenes.

On PQ, color accuracy is better with Optoma UHD51A, with its preset Cinema setting. I also chose Movie mode with Xiaomi. Its color palette, with this setting, is warmer, with a bit of a red/orange push. All this can be adjusted, calibrated of course in User mode (and advanced picture controls). With Optoma, when I evaluated the PQ side by side (with the Xiaomi), its color palette appeared a bit cooler, slightly blue-ish in comparison. The Xiaomi also has noticeable blown-out whites with all preset picture modes, so this should really be dialed down using HD & 4K calibration test patterns, which I do plan to do.

Some side by side comparisons using 4K HDR content; left is the Xiaomi & right is the Optoma:

- Comparison1

- Comparison2

- Comparison3

- Comparison4

Oh, you need to enable HDMI 2.0 mode w/the Xiaomi to get 4K above 30Hz, and really for 4K HDR at any framerate for 4K HDR to look right. When playing HDR material, the PJ doesn't provide any visual notification (like the Optoma UHD51A does) that you're in HDR mode, or even what resolution is being rendered. You get a brief black screen, and if the colors have pop and look vibrant, you know you're getting HDR.

With 3D, I've already posted my impressions, but in a nutshell, it's a chore with this PJ. The better brightness (over Optoma UHD51A) helps with 3D, but enabling 3D isn't intuitive and takes a couple of steps, manually, to engage it. And, you have to manually disengage it. And, waiting about 15 seconds between mode changes to/from. But, the 3D quality is excellent. It's now apparent however that only certain 3D DLP-Link glasses work with this Xiaomi. These, which I bought, and likely these, which @dvduser8 posted about, work. These DLP-Link glasses I've owned for a couple of years, which do work perfectly w/Optoma UHD51A (and also worked with my previous BenQ HT2550 & 107x PJ's) do not work w/Xiaomi for some reason. So, we don't know the exact specs for which 3D DLP glasses do work w/the Xiaomi. My guess is they need to support the full range 96~144Hz synch.

So, I'm still unsure which PJ I'm keeping. I'm leaning toward the Xiaomi MIJIA, but the Optoma UHD51A remains an excellent 4K+3D PJ, and it's turning out to be a tough decision. The Xiaomi doesn't have the dark grey border issue that early TI .47 chip DLP's like it have. The main reason to keep the Optoma is color accuracy w/o any adjustments & seamless HD/3D/4K/HDR operation. The Xiaomi boasts better brightness, contrast, sharpness & short-throw placement ease.
Strange, i just launched the 3d movie, enable 3d mode (up and down) on the xiaomi and power on the glass by simple pressure on the button.
No other operation needed for me.

Envoyé de mon LG-H930 en utilisant Tapatalk
post #758 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 12:55 AM

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 86
nice screen & this pj is on sale now here in the middle kingdom
Ricoflashback likes this.

XGimi CC, XGimi Z6, UKCSIS, Vmai M200 Pico
Xbox One S, LG SH4
post #759 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 02:19 AM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:

Very interesting review, thanks. From your experience, sounds as if HDR is actually usable on the Xiaomi, which almost all other reviews say it should simply be turned of as it doesn't have the colour capacity of BT2020 (?).
post #760 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 02:38 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
post #761 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 03:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 970 Post(s)
Liked: 296
Quote:

Testing set-up:

- Comparison1

- Comparison2

- Comparison3

- Comparison4

Great review,

One quick question, let imagine you were going out to buy a new projector today and based on your current settings which one these projectors will you buy?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
post #762 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 03:07 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
@Brajesh : The review from HDTVTest points out some critical flaws:

• 24/50hz judder from fixed 60hz framerate
  • forced noise reduction for non 4k input signals resulting in blurring/smearing
  • HDR problems (settings shared between SDR/HDR, etc.)

Seem to be a deal breaker for me . Do you also have observed those problems?
post #763 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 06:27 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 486 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by oni222 View Post
1. I know there is a page from the manual that states distances depending on size etc. Honestly the information regarding height for the 150" that I use feel wrong but I never actually measured it. This is how I use my first gen Xiaomi and this newer model should work the same (I will verify once mine arrives in 4 weeks).
https://imgur.com/gallery/RnRc98a

2.a) In a completely dark room a silver ticket screen wont be an issue. Where you would have issues is if you had a screen that rejects light from the the side/below/above. Mainly because your projector will project the image/light from the bottom of the screen and you don't want that to be rejected.

b) After using a laser projector I refuse to go back to a normal one. No having to deal with heat up/cool down periods and replacing lamps is huge and I personally will never go back to that. As for the colors I never owned the BenQ 3550 so I cannot answer that question.
if you get a chance, and it's not too much of an imposition, do you think you might be able to do the following, it would be greatly appreciated:

1. take a short video of your projector starting up, i.e. from off to fully on?

2. post the distance from the wall to the back of your projector?

post #764 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 06:40 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihar P View Post
Which ceiling mount/stand did you go for? Am looking for one that can swivel left-right, up-down & forward-backwards (planning to view on smaller 120" during day giving higher brightness & move backwards to view 150" at night).
i purchased this mount for my last pj and will probably use it from the xiaomi 4k i just ordered... what i really like about it, other than it being built like an absolute tank, are the three dials which allow you to easily and accurately zero the projector in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #765 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 06:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by quail duk View Post
3. Use "Electric focus" mode (the newest firmware switches it back to Chinese but it's at the same location) to adjust the two upper corners if they're blur by using left and right buttons.
the dell sql718 4k ust that i owned (and returned), had an electric focus as well but it would not function if the projector was placed beyond the point where the image was greater than 120" or so, in other words you had to be within a certain distance from the screen for the ef to work, is this the case with the xiaomi 4k? thanks!
post #766 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 07:10 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Am I correct that the video is locked to 60fps? What is everyone doing for 4k content since almost all of it is 24fps? Just watching it with judder?
It seems this could be fixed with a firmware update since the 3D mode runs at 48fps. Perhaps this is a limitation of the software built in and when I hook my shield up to it, it will work at 24fps?
Thanks,
Ben

Last edited by BenPlace; 06-13-2019 at 08:24 AM.
post #767 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 08:07 AM

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by aeneas01 View Post
i purchased this mount for my last pj and will probably use it from the xiaomi 4k i just ordered... what i really like about it, other than it being built like an absolute tank, are the three dials which allow you to easily and accurately zero the projector in.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Does the Xiaomi PJ even have holes for the mount at the bottom? I haven't seen them. Apparently they are not meant to be ceiling mounted.

And.... If they can be, then do you just turn the ALR screen upside down... Or what? How would that work?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
post #768 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 12:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Strange, i just launched the 3d movie, enable 3d mode (up and down) on the xiaomi and power on the glass by simple pressure on the button.
No other operation needed for me
Yep, I wrote that’s what I’m doing as well. Was just pointing out that it’s a manual process and disengaging 3D is required after.

Quote:
Very interesting review, thanks. From your experience, sounds as if HDR is actually usable on the Xiaomi, which almost all other reviews say it should simply be turned of as it doesn't have the colour capacity of BT2020 (?).
HDR is indeed usable and the color range is there. Like other pixel-shift DLP’s, nowhere near OLED’s or even decent LCD TV’s. As I mentioned, color depth, quality is better on Optoma UHD51A than Xiaomi, but not significantly so. Bright whites, with default modes, are noticeably clipped on Xiaomi, causing reduction in detail in things like skies with clouds. Hoping this can be addressed with picture controls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
Great review,

One quick question, let imagine you were going out to buy a new projector today and based on your current settings which one these projectors will you buy?
I’d wait & and see how the Vava & Optoma P1 turn out to be.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan77 View Post
@Brajesh : The review from HDTVTest points out some critical flaws:
  • 24/50hz judder from fixed 60hz framerate
  • forced noise reduction for non 4k input signals resulting in blurring/smearing
  • HDR problems (settings shared between SDR/HDR, etc.)

Seem to be a deal breaker for me . Do you also have observed those problems?
Right, watched & rewatched Vincent’s excellent review. For 2D, I’m using my source player to upscale everything to 4K, which avoids DNR. The HDR and SDR settings being shared is annoying, so need to find a way to use the user mode for HDR, and if it looks right, the movie mode for non. Need to experiment with this. And this is another ding on this PJ, the lack of adequate, separate and advanced picture controls for SD, HD, 3D, 4K HDR and 4K SDR.

The judder with 23.976 and 24 content I’m not seeing so far, but as noted earlier, I haven’t yet watched a movie for long enough to fully assess.

The thing with the Xiaomi Mijia is that it isn’t one unmanageable critical flaw to me, but a significant number of annoyances & missed opportunities (maybe it’s rushed, immature firmware). I’m still undecided on whether to keep this PJ. When I get excited about aspects with it, including uniqueness, the issues nag me.

Last edited by Brajesh; 06-13-2019 at 03:03 PM.
post #769 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 12:44 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I’ve receive the 3d glasses today and after a full charging i make a test with « Journey to the Center of the Earth »
I know quite well this movie in 3d with my Sony trilumino led tv 55" (active shutter)
So, the 3D glasses Apeman are compatible with this PJ
With the Xiaomi, i am not sure for the rendered colors.
Perhaps to many red
But for 3D rendering,
OMG ! I am really and very surprise
I know the 3D with my tv and in movie theater/picture pallace ( not sure for this word in english)
But with this big screen 90" at ~11 feets is just awesome
I rediscover this movie
I am very surprise with the quality of the 3d effect and the depth
Finally i have full watched the movie.
and i foresee to look Avatar tomorrow

ps: i have the green effect without the 3D glasses

Link to the 3d glasses
https://www.amazon.fr/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I use this model, I think it's the sams as yours;

https://www.amazon.es/gp/product/B01...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

And I only get blacks in the center, all the sides are very greenish;

Is it the same on yours?
post #770 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 12:57 PM

Quote:
I'm using 'Move up or down' and I still have the purple-tinted in 3D mode. The only way to get good color in 3D is lowering the 'Red' by half in RGB custom settings, and lowering the blue a bit too, but I'm afraid i'm loosing some punch or contrast.

Could you try it with your purple-tinted on, Red at 600 and blue at 900, green 1100, and see if the picture quality is the same as in your 'Move up or down' mode?

I've tried it with Dune Pro 4k and MVC Isos, and with Blu-ray players with oficial 3d Blu-rays with the same results. And SBS directly from the projector player, all the same.

Another weird thing is that I can hear the color wheel all the time but when I activate 3D it stops, 15 seconds of black and silence and when the movie starts this frecuency is off, is it the same on yours?
post #771 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 04:47 PM

Even better, set red and blue to the half
R 612
G 1024
B 612

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
post #772 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 05:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hi @mlkconcept , are those for 3D?

post #773 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Hi @mlkconcept , are those for 3D?
Yes with this settings the pink-tinted it's gone and all colors seems ok

Enviado desde mi SM-G950F mediante Tapatalk
post #774 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 06:51 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Quote:
So, I won't be doing an extensive review... who am I kidding?! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/eek.gif[/IMG] I have no time... work & family and all, ya know! [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/smile.gif[/IMG]

But, I just spent 3 solid hours testing 2D & 3D 1080p, and 4K HDR. And, comparing back-and-forth & side-by-side with my ceiling-mounted Optoma UHD51A. And, soliciting inputs from my wife & teenage kid (there's always an opinion there [IMG class=inlineimg]/forum/images/smilies/wink.gif[/IMG], LOL)... I now have a good sense of pros/cons to each PJ.

Testing set-up:

On PQ, color accuracy is better with Optoma UHD51A, with its preset Cinema setting. I also chose Movie mode with Xiaomi. Its color palette, with this setting, is warmer, with a bit of a red/orange push. All this can be adjusted, calibrated of course in User mode (and advanced picture control&#115. With Optoma, when I evaluated the PQ side by side (with the Xiaomi), its color palette appeared a bit cooler, slightly blue-ish in comparison. The Xiaomi also has noticeable blown-out whites with all preset picture modes, so this should really be dialed down using HD & 4K calibration test patterns, which I do plan to do.

- Comparison1
- Comparison2
- Comparison3
- Comparison4

Oh, you need to enable HDMI 2.0 mode w/the Xiaomi to get 4K above 30Hz, and really for 4K HDR at any framerate for 4K HDR to look right. When playing HDR material, the PJ doesn't provide any visual notification (like the Optoma UHD51A doe&#115 that you're in HDR mode, or even what resolution is being rendered. You get a brief black screen, and if the colors have pop and look vibrant, you know you're getting HDR.

With 3D, I've already posted my impressions, but in a nutshell, it's a chore with this PJ. The better brightness (over Optoma UHD51A) helps with 3D, but enabling 3D isn't intuitive and takes a couple of steps, manually, to engage it. And, you have to manually disengage it. And, waiting about 15 seconds between mode changes to/from. But, the 3D quality is excellent. It's now apparent however that only certain 3D DLP-Link glasses work with this Xiaomi. These, which I bought, and likely these, which @dvduser8 posted about, work. These DLP-Link glasses I've owned for a couple of years, which do work perfectly w/Optoma UHD51A (and also worked with my previous BenQ HT2550 & 107x PJ'&#115 do not work w/Xiaomi for some reason. So, we don't know the exact specs for which 3D DLP glasses do work w/the Xiaomi. My guess is they need to support the full range 96~144Hz synch.

Thanks for the review! Looks like either one is fine! I went with the xiaomi due to ceiling installation trouble and running of cable, hdmi and power cord.

Also sometime I use it with lights on, ALR screen definitely helps.

Happy with it so far. Just some trouble getting the screen to be at exact position due to inflexible placement of the projector.
post #775 of 1345 Old 06-13-2019, 07:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

@deadrick , hmm, something went wonky with your post; I can't quite decipher.

@mlkconcept , I tried your settings, but the color palette seems more blue & dull than it should be. Keeping the red at 1024, but lowering the blue to 800's seems better, but so does the preset 'Movie' mode. But, neither seem quite really accurate. Need to play around more... just eyeballing it, as I don't have professional calibration gear.

Now, for a kicker, which speaks to the kinda inconsistent behavior of this PJ... with full Blu-ray 3D, for whatever reason, the 'Move up or down' & 'Fit to frame' both suddenly work for me, and the effect/colors appear exactly the same. Odd how to date only former worked better in terms of non-screwed up colors.

Here's a short video for 3D fans on how engaging & disengaging 3D works w/this PJ:

post #776 of 1345 Old 06-14-2019, 07:52 AM

Quote:
@deadrick , hmm, something went wonky with your post; I can't quite decipher.

@mlkconcept , I tried your settings, but the color palette seems more blue & dull than it should be. Keeping the red at 1024, but lowering the blue to 800's seems better, but so does the preset 'Movie' mode. But, neither seem quite really accurate. Need to play around more... just eyeballing it, as I don't have professional calibration gear.

Now, for a kicker, which speaks to the kinda inconsistent behavior of this PJ... with full Blu-ray 3D, for whatever reason, the 'Move up or down' & 'Fit to frame' both suddenly work for me, and the effect/colors appear exactly the same. Odd how to date only former worked better in terms of non-screwed up colors.

Here's a short video for 3D fans on how engaging & disengaging 3D works w/this PJ:

https://youtu.be/_NNC5M_7Z2E

Yes, it's the same for me, when engaging 3D the buzzing of the color wheel seems to stop, and starts again when I disengage it.

But on your video, I see the pink-tinted effect, the text and the clouds should be white, do you see it white throw the glasses?
post #777 of 1345 Old 06-14-2019, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Meant to say earlier that Xiaomi seems to recognize full MVC 3D as full rez top/bottom, not full SBS. So, choosing ‘Move up or down' 3D option combines the two images into the correct framepacked/MVC view.

Choosing ‘Fit to frame' also works, but the picture looks washed out with purple tint.

Two other issues... my Zidoo media players sometimes complain the display isn’t 3D compatible, even though 3D works. And, the PJ’s 3D options don’t seem to be toggle-able after you’ve selected one. Appears you need to disable 3D and enable a different 3D mode.
I am curious how a legitimate Blu-ray/UHD player performs for 3D. I have one and my projector is arriving by the 28th of the month so I will keep you posted on that.
Also I understand about RIPS and I do have 18TB NAS filled with them but nothing beats the actual Disc media.

Reciever: DENON AVR-X7200WA using 7.2.4 with two center speakers (one behind the screen and one below it).
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen1
Projector: Xiaomi UST Laser Projector 4k (2019 edition).
My current setup: https://imgur.com/gallery/RnRc98a
post #778 of 1345 Old 06-14-2019, 09:25 AM

Delete please

Reciever: DENON AVR-X7200WA using 7.2.4 with two center speakers (one behind the screen and one below it).

Last edited by oni222; 06-14-2019 at 09:52 AM.
post #779 of 1345 Old 06-14-2019, 09:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

There shouldn't be any difference in 3D playback whether it's a physical disc or ripped ISO/MKV. Will try later using my XBOXOneX; just need to fetch the physical disc from storage. The steps @Titi_78 described is exactly the same as how it's in the video w/ripped I posted.

post #780 of 1345 Old 06-14-2019, 09:54 AM

Quote:
There shouldn't be any difference in 3D playback whether it's a physical disc or ripped ISO/MKV. Will try later using my XBOXOneX; just need to fetch the physical disc from storage. The steps @Titi_78 described is exactly the same as how it's in the video w/ripped I posted.
I misread what Titi said so my bad on that. As for ISO/MKV playback is dependent on more factors than a traditional player. I am not a fan of the xbox one X (I have it too and it sucks in comparison to my samsung UHD player) but I would love to see what you find out as a comparison.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page