Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 41 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 382Likes

post #1201 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 08:25 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
I decided to binge watch 8 hours of Stranger things in 4k yesterday and at the end of ep 7 and throughout ep 8 I was seeing single white pixels showing up that would stay there until it went to the next scene and then do it again a few scenes later in random places.
I am hoping it was just a heat issue after so many hours but it definitely has me worried. Later I watched an hour long TV episode in 1080 and never saw any dots.
I have only had the projector for 3 weeks now.
Anyone else have this happen?
Same issue here but i have tons of white dots that become visible specifically in dark grey areas. Even in pitch black scenes the white dots seems to go away temporarily but flicker a bit, during colored scenes they disappear. i've submitted a exchange request with Ba***ood and i am praying that they allow me to exchange for a new unit since i've had mine for about 2-3 weeks as well. Also, FYI i think mine got worse slowly over time. At first i thought it was the movie files i was watching (looked kinda like the artifacts you see on the movie screen at the cinema) but then i started seeing it in my desktop in dark grey areas.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1202 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 08:29 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yoo View Post
Same issue here but i have tons of white dots that become visible specifically in dark grey areas. Even in pitch black scenes the white dots seems to go away temporarily but flicker a bit, during colored scenes they disappear. i've submitted a exchange request with Ba***ood and i am praying that they allow me to exchange for a new unit since i've had mine for about 2-3 weeks as well. Also, FYI i think mine got worse slowly over time. At first i thought it was the movie files i was watching (looked kinda like the artifacts you see on the movie screen at the cinema) but then i started seeing it in my desktop in dark grey areas.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hyJJ6bDQZ_0
Thats not promising. Im going to watch some movies this week in 4K and see if it happens again.
post #1203 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 08:49 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
So far so good for me.. But I have never used the projector for such long duration.. Usually just 1 movie and I always on my air conditioner when using the projector.. It warms up my room if I don't..

If u guys are okay with, mind turning on your air-conditioner when u see the problem or blow a fan at it and see if the cooling helps.. Let's solve this so other Xiaomi 4k owners are aware of it..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1204 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjzsakae View Post
So far so good for me.. But I have never used the projector for such long duration.. Usually just 1 movie and I always on my air conditioner when using the projector.. It warms up my room if I don't..

If u guys are okay with, mind turning on your air-conditioner when u see the problem or blow a fan at it and see if the cooling helps.. Let's solve this so other Xiaomi 4k owners are aware of it..

it does seem like a common issue with DLP chips overheating dating back many years ago as described in this thread:

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...at-causes.html

So as long as you keep it in a cool room and not for extended periods of time than you should be ok but that wasn't what i had in mind for this projector.....oh well i just hope they exchange my projector with a new one.
post #1205 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 09:46 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 568 Post(s)
Liked: 296
@aeneas01 , nice setup. What furniture is that?

Hi-deft Media Keen Videosaurus
post #1206 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjzsakae View Post

Just wondering what source are you using for your movies/tv show? USB drive, PC, nvidia shield? I just disconnected my projector from the pc and directly to my USB ssd and watched the same movie files and it seems to be better.....ie no more white dots....I will need to do some more testing but I’m fine with not connecting to a pc if that’s contributing to the white dots
post #1207 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 07:13 PM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Just wondering what source are you using for your movies/tv show? USB drive, PC, nvidia shield? I just disconnected my projector from the pc and directly to my USB ssd and watched the same movie files and it seems to be better.....ie no more white dots....I will need to do some more testing but I’m fine with not connecting to a pc if that’s contributing to the white dots
USB 2.5" HDD connected to the USB 2.0 port on the side.. The movie source is 2160p x265 10bit bluray ripped..

post #1208 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 10:23 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Oh boy, the next thing that gives me headaches. This means that all the projectors like JMGO S3 or Wemax A300 will have the same problems?
post #1209 of 1469 Old 07-15-2019, 11:21 PM

Quote:
I decided to binge watch 8 hours of Stranger things in 4k yesterday and at the end of ep 7 and throughout ep 8 I was seeing single white pixels showing up that would stay there until it went to the next scene and then do it again a few scenes later in random places.
I am hoping it was just a heat issue after so many hours but it definitely has me worried. Later I watched an hour long TV episode in 1080 and never saw any dots.
They advertise it as an TV alternative, so watching 8 hours of content shouldn't be a problem. Does it heat up more if you watch 4K content?
post #1210 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 03:36 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperfield74 View Post
Oh boy, the next thing that gives me headaches. This means that all the projectors like JMGO S3 or Wemax A300 will have the same problems?
I don't think that is a common issue, I have owned a JMGO SC, Xgimi Lune currently using a Xgimi Lune 4K, never seen such issue.
post #1211 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 04:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by schumy View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by copperfield74 View Post
I don't think that is a common issue, I have owned a JMGO SC, Xgimi Lune currently using a Xgimi Lune 4K, never seen such issue.
So what brand is your favourite? And why?
post #1212 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 05:23 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
not bad not bad
post #1213 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 05:26 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Is this scishion Ai SE comes with 4K?
post #1214 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 06:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
PROBLEM: using AppleTV, Optical out on Mijia has audio delay/lag.

Hi guys and gals.
I just bought this Mijia 4K projector and am having a weird issue with audio.

AppleTV ->HDMI-> Xiaomi Mijia ->TOSLINK SPDIF -> Receiver. (Denon) . There is a huge audio delay/lag, it's inconsistent but can be between 1/4" to 1/2". In any case, makes movies unwatchable.

If I change the SPDIF output on the PJ to "PCM" the delay goes away, but why would I watch my movies in mere stereo?

I have tested 2 AppleTVs, the prev. generation (1080p max) and a brand new 4K version. They both have the same issue. With any playback media. (iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, PLEX)

The delay doesn't appear when playing media directly on the Mijia, nor does it appear when playing content off my XBoxOne (tested games, game intro videos, and Amazon)

My receiver is set to zero delay.

So it appears the problem is being caused by the projector, but it ONLY happens when using an AppleTV. I've talked to Apple about it, and it's not something they have been aware of, but I logged my case and hopefully they'll look into it. I searched the forums and can't find another mention of this issue, but I guess it's not very common to use the optical out. The only reason I'm using it is that my receiver is a prev. gen that doesn't do 4K passthrough.

Anyone else having issues with AppleTV and optical out? Or is anyone else using it flawlessly?
post #1215 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 08:31 AM

I had the same issue with a non 4k receiver and ended up buying this for $40 and it solved my problem.
You hook your device to it and it seperates audio over one HDMI output (To the receiver) and video over another (To the projector)

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B072QWFCND
dreamstate likes this.
post #1216 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 03:38 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyp View Post

Hi guys and gals.

AppleTV ->HDMI-> Xiaomi Mijia ->TOSLINK SPDIF -> Receiver. (Denon) . There is a huge audio delay/lag, it's inconsistent but can be between 1/4" to 1/2". In any case, makes movies unwatchable.

If I change the SPDIF output on the PJ to "PCM" the delay goes away, but why would I watch my movies in mere stereo?

I have tested 2 AppleTVs, the prev. generation (1080p max) and a brand new 4K version. They both have the same issue. With any playback media. (iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, PLEX)

The delay doesn't appear when playing media directly on the Mijia, nor does it appear when playing content off my XBoxOne (tested games, game intro videos, and Amazon)

So it appears the problem is being caused by the projector, but it ONLY happens when using an AppleTV. I've talked to Apple about it, and it's not something they have been aware of, but I logged my case and hopefully they'll look into it. I searched the forums and can't find another mention of this issue, but I guess it's not very common to use the optical out. The only reason I'm using it is that my receiver is a prev. gen that doesn't do 4K passthrough.

Anyone else having issues with AppleTV and optical out? Or is anyone else using it flawlessly?
I use apple tv to HMDI and Sonos playbase and a pair of play 1's using the optical output and haven't noticed any delay or lag at all.
post #1217 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 03:46 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
UST Screens

Has anyone had any luck purchasing one of the ALR screens from UST Screens on Ebay? Looks like they have some solid pricing for their 120" screens and based in the US. Looks comparable to the XY screens. I just purchased the Xiaomi 4k from Indy Projector on Ebay. Awesome pricing, super quick delivery and quick communication. Also located in the US.
post #1218 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 08:21 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Has anyone saw the new wemax 4k projector that just launched? Looks good.. Not sure is it better, can't find info on it.
post #1219 of 1469 Old 07-16-2019, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Quote:

Have u rule out the heat issue? Or even during short usage this is happening?
post #1220 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 05:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadrick View Post
I used it for an hour Monday night and two hours last night and no spots. However, I was playing non 4k non HDR content.
I will let you know when I can test an entire 4K HDR Movie.
post #1221 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyp View Post

Hi guys and gals.

why did you connect like this?
AppleTV ->HDMI-> Xiaomi Mijia ->TOSLINK SPDIF -> Receiver. (Denon) .

You can try Appletv -> HDMI to receiver -> HDMI to xiaomi projector.
now you can skip the toslink connection.
post #1222 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Quote:
I used it for an hour Monday night and two hours last night and no spots. However, I was playing non 4k non HDR content.

I will let you know when I can test an entire 4K HDR Movie.
Hi,
I use it often 8 or 12h per day without issue.
Try to check hdmi cable quality i think the connector is to hot on pc side

Envoyé de mon LG-H930 en utilisant Tapatalk
post #1223 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 08:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titi_78 View Post
Hi,
I use it often 8 or 12h per day without issue.
Try to check hdmi cable quality i think the connector is to hot on pc side

Envoyé de mon LG-H930 en utilisant Tapatalk
Does anyone have a cable they recommend for the projector? I need something at least 10ft
post #1224 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
why did you connect like this?
AppleTV ->HDMI-> Xiaomi Mijia ->TOSLINK SPDIF -> Receiver. (Denon) .

You can try Appletv -> HDMI to receiver -> HDMI to xiaomi projector.
now you can skip the toslink connection.
Because my reciever doesn't support 4K passthrough.
post #1225 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
UPDATE: sorry for the permature panic from my original post. I did make a few changes and it appears to have been fixed although i'm not sure what fixed it. Here are the things i've done:

1. Swapped HDMI Cable to brand new one.
2. Had the projector plugged into a powerstrip, unplugged and went directly into wall.
3. Did a clean wipe of the nvidia drivers using DDU uninstaller and installed latest drivers: 431.36
Resolution: 4096x2160 @ 60HZ
Color output: YCbCr422/Limited
Output color depth: 10bpc

With the above settings everything has been working beautifully for the past few days and i'm using it for 6-8hrs/day straight. Will report back if i encounter anymore issues.

Rob
post #1226 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 11:28 AM

Quote:
UPDATE: sorry for the permature panic from my original post. I did make a few changes and it appears to have been fixed although i'm not sure what fixed it. Here are the things i've done:

1. Swapped HDMI Cable to brand new one.
2. Had the projector plugged into a powerstrip, unplugged and went directly into wall.
3. Did a clean wipe of the nvidia drivers using DDU uninstaller and installed latest drivers: 431.36
Resolution: 4096x2160 @ 60HZ
Color output: YCbCr422/Limited
Output color depth: 10bpc

With the above settings everything has been working beautifully for the past few days and i'm using it for 6-8hrs/day straight. Will report back if i encounter anymore issues.

Rob
Awesome! I wonder if I had the issue because I had mine set to 12bit instead of 10bit?
post #1227 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
I think you forgot the biggest negative for the Epson. It's still using UHE lamps. Cheap bulbs, but they are still replaced frequently if you want to use your PJ a lot. I have always used mine as a TV and had a Benq W1070 that I changed 3 bulbs on. Never again.

Sorry for the noob question but I've just started researching projectors and learning different types.

So the Epson 5050 is 3 chip LCD with bulb that needs replacements after around 3-5k hrs.
Picture quality will be better in laser DLP I am guessing with life of around 25000 hrs.

The more expensive BenQ lk970 are also laser but long throw and cost like $7000.

Is that above accurate?

Would u recommend any others in $5k range that are laser, short or long throw?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #1228 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Awesome! I wonder if I had the issue because I had mine set to 12bit instead of 10bit?
At 12-bit i still noticed some white artifacts and then i worked my way down. So far so good with 10-bit.
post #1229 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 12:00 PM

Is anyone here located in the US?

If yes where in US can I get a good 100-150" ALR screen for this projector?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #1230 of 1469 Old 07-17-2019, 12:04 PM

Deleted.

Last edited by geronemo3; 07-17-2019 at 12:46 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP