Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 42 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 382Likes

post #1231 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 12:23 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by geronemo3 View Post
Also in the US Amazon is selling this projector for $2294 plus $170 for expert installation.

This could be a no brainier as this includes pic alignment and focus.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Are you sure you are looking at the native 4k projector? I don't see it for sell on Amazon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1232 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
Are you sure you are looking at the native 4k projector? I don't see it for sell on Amazon.
[email protected] Got too excited. You are absolutely correct it's not 4k

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
post #1233 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 488 Post(s)
Liked: 116
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yoo View Post
At 12-bit i still noticed some white artifacts and then i worked my way down. So far so good with 10-bit.
starting to sound like it's an hdmi bandwidth issue causing the white dots/artifacts....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1234 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brajesh View Post
@aeneas01 , nice setup. What furniture is that?
yes, very nice setup but it's not mine, it's @SGM o32 setup...

https://m.imgur.com/a/QNvRG82
post #1235 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 02:39 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 12
After weeks of waiting for my projector and screen, and then waiting for my room to be finished, and returning from some travel...I finally got everything together. Can’t really tell from the images since everything was moving so quickly, but picture looks great.

A couple of questions:
1. I am using the ATV 4K, streaming Transformers 4K from Amazon. I notice that the picture seems to switch from letterbox to full screen as scenes change (see images) Anyone know why this would be happening?
2. Also, I thought I remember seeing somewhere where you can check the pj playback resolution...is that correct? How do I get there?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by eziggy3; 07-17-2019 at 02:58 PM.
post #1236 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 02:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eziggy3 View Post
After weeks of waiting for my projector and screen, and then waiting for my room to be finished, and returning from some travel...I finally got everything together. Can’t really tell from the images since everything was moving so quickly, but picture looks great.

A couple of questions:
1. I am using the ATV 4K, streaming Transformers 4K from Amazon. I notice that the picture seems to switch from letterbox to full screen as scenes change (see images) Anyone know why this would be happening?
2. Also, I thought I remember seeing somewhere where you can check the pj playback resolution...is that correct? How do I get there?

IMAX releases will switch from full screen to letterboxed this is normal.
post #1237 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 06:17 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mjzsakae View Post
https://m.tb.cn/h.eS4ktnk?sm=e8ef2b

All in Chinese man.. And u must log in to see more..

I purchased through 3rd party agent though.. So everything is based on "trust" 

The quality of the screen very good.. Very solid and very very heavy for 100".. Good luck with your 150" purchase.. Haha.. The bracket that comes with the screen is very interesting too.. Once u mounted the projector screen bracket, there is allowance for horizontal shifting as well as about maybe 3 to 4cm of vertical shifting.. It took me 2 attempts to perfect the position without using any keystone correction.. Average Joe+1 but not a millionaire

BTW, everyone who ceiling mount your projector should actually get this projector mount especially if u project to wall.. It's great.. U can move it front and back easily to get a bigger screen when u feel like it. . The gap from ceiling to projector is 16cm..

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
You gotta tell me where I can purchase that ceiling mount! I cannot find it anywhere... Thanks!
post #1238 of 1468 Old 07-17-2019, 07:21 PM

Can anyone running with an Apple TV 4K tell me why I cannot get 4K resolutions. Had everything hooked up (ATV to projector) and selected 4K SDR and everything was fine. Come back later and checked the settings and it was 1080p and there were no options for 4K. Now for the life of me I cannot get the ATV to see the projector as 4K capable.

post #1239 of 1468 Old 07-18-2019, 01:51 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Color Calibration for Apple TV 4K

Hi Guys,

I wanted to share my color calibration settings for Apple TV 4K in HDR and SDR mode. I used spyder5pro with DisplayCal on a Mac through AirPlay, (D65, Rec 2020/SMPTE 2084) profile. I'm not a professional calibrator, thus, it might be incorrect or might not be the most correct calibration settings, however, it definitely looks more natural, better blacks and contrast.

I had to run two calibrations, one for HDR and the other for SDR. You'd need to change your Apple TV settings to either to forced SDR, or to forced HDR, and turn `Match Content->Dynamic Range` off. Otherwise, Apple TV will switch between the two depending on the viewed content. HDR and SDR each will have different calibration settings. There is an issue with the projector and/or Apple TV 4k. If you set the calibrated RGB values in HDR, then when your Apple TV 4K switch to SDR, the colors will look off and lose calibration, you'd need to reset the RGB to the SDR values. If `Dynamic Colors` is on, that will help a bit to compensate when switching between HDR and SDR, but then it probably overrides the RGB settings and mess ruin the calibration. Personally, I set my Apple TV to forced HDR all the time.

Apple TV Settings:

Format: SDR
HDMI Output: YCbCr
Chroma: 4:4:4

Xiaomi 4k PJ Settings:

Brightness 50
Contrast 50
Saturation 45
Sharpness 50
Hue 50

Red: 1025
Green: 940
Black: 770

Dynamic Colors: Off

----------------------------
Apple TV Settings:

Format: HDR
HDMI Output: YCbCr
Chroma: 4:2:2

Xiaomi 4k PJ Settings:

Brightness 50
Contrast 50
Saturation 45
Sharpness 50
Hue 50

Red: 912
Green: 915
Black: 829

Dynamic Colors: Off

Lemme know guys if you have any questions!
eziggy3 likes this.
post #1240 of 1468 Old 07-18-2019, 05:39 PM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Thanks for sharing the settings, once i am home next week i will give them a try. Any reason why you favour the HDR setting ?
post #1241 of 1468 Old 07-18-2019, 06:36 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinh Truong View Post
You gotta tell me where I can purchase that ceiling mount! I cannot find it anywhere... Thanks!
All from Taobao/China..

If u want a short mount, get the Artechr one which is 7cm from ceiling while mine is 16cm from ceiling.. Both can move forward and backwards..
post #1242 of 1468 Old 07-18-2019, 08:12 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
Thanks for sharing the settings, once i am home next week i will give them a try. Any reason why you favour the HDR setting ?
I mean most of the new content are HDR, plus Apple TV 4K forced HDR is not bad like for example Amazon Fire TV Stick forced HDR which is too overpowering. In addition, I was able to achieve perfect black during the calibration with HDR format enabled.
post #1243 of 1468 Old 07-19-2019, 10:55 AM

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Thanks for sharing your settings. I'm also having a hard time trying to find some recommendations out there from folks that may have had theirs professionally calibrated. Granted individual machines will vary, it would be serve as a starting point. There's often a concept of 'special menu's which my review more granular settings to tweaking individual RBGs.. anyone done that?
post #1244 of 1468 Old 07-19-2019, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 40
I can't recommend this projector mount enough. If you guys want a short throw, use this. Its the best mount Ive ever used over my 14 years of using projectors !

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

[IMG][/IMG]
post #1245 of 1468 Old 07-19-2019, 05:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr stroke View Post
I can't recommend this projector mount enough. If you guys want a short throw, use this. Its the best mount Ive ever used over my 14 years of using projectors !
yep, i posted the same earlier in this thread... the funny thing is it's listed at some projector sites under different names with a price tag of over $300, which i kinda get given its incredible construction and quality, the thing is an absolute tank, and it's a steal at the amazon price.

pros - a) because it's white (it does come in black but it's very difficult to find) it is very easy to spray paint any color you want b) the ability to dial in the projected image: once the pj is mounted to the arm you are able to move the pj closer or farther away from the screen, you can shift the pj up or down, and you can slide the pj left or right... the arm includes 3 separate dials for very fine tuning (as opposed to awkward screws) as follows:

cons: it's very heavy and bulky and may be overkill for the relatively small/light mijia projector - the base that attaches to the wall is also very large which i don't care for... it's rated for 33 pounds put it could easily hold 50, it's a beast!
post #1246 of 1468 Old 07-20-2019, 06:56 AM

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Is it possible to see the current used resolution and framerate when using an Hdmi-Port?

Gesendet von meinem Mi MIX 2 mit Tapatalk
post #1247 of 1468 Old 07-20-2019, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyp View Post
PROBLEM: using AppleTV, Optical out on Mijia has audio delay/lag.

Hi guys and gals.

I just bought this Mijia 4K projector and am having a weird issue with audio.

AppleTV ->HDMI-> Xiaomi Mijia ->TOSLINK SPDIF -> Receiver. (Denon) . There is a huge audio delay/lag, it's inconsistent but can be between 1/4" to 1/2". In any case, makes movies unwatchable.

If I change the SPDIF output on the PJ to "PCM" the delay goes away, but why would I watch my movies in mere stereo?

I have tested 2 AppleTVs, the prev. generation (1080p max) and a brand new 4K version. They both have the same issue. With any playback media. (iTunes, Netflix, Amazon, PLEX)

The delay doesn't appear when playing media directly on the Mijia, nor does it appear when playing content off my XBoxOne (tested games, game intro videos, and Amazon)

My receiver is set to zero delay.

So it appears the problem is being caused by the projector, but it ONLY happens when using an AppleTV. I've talked to Apple about it, and it's not something they have been aware of, but I logged my case and hopefully they'll look into it. I searched the forums and can't find another mention of this issue, but I guess it's not very common to use the optical out. The only reason I'm using it is that my receiver is a prev. gen that doesn't do 4K passthrough.

Anyone else having issues with AppleTV and optical out? Or is anyone else using it flawlessly?

Just tried using the Optical out today since my receiver is not handling 4K like it’s supposed to. Same issue. Huge delay.

post #1248 of 1468 Old 07-21-2019, 06:10 AM

Anyone able to share links or experiences using a harmony remote this this projector? Not able to find the device searching by vendor name or model number.
post #1249 of 1468 Old 07-21-2019, 09:28 AM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 2
I am having trouble with 3d glasses (fengmi-xiaomi brand). I opt for 3d in projector settings, switch on 3d glasses, but the glasses work only when I cover the sensor with my finger, the moment I remove, no 3d. Need help (already tried with 2 different pairs, fully charged)
post #1250 of 1468 Old 07-21-2019, 11:38 AM

Quote:
Just tried using the Optical out today since my receiver is not handling 4K like it’s supposed to. Same issue. Huge delay.

Did some more testing today and it appears that the voice sync issues only occur with the ARC HDMI connection. Got a new Denon receiver and had to use 199 ms delay for audio when using the ARC connection, but the other HDMI connections seem to sync fine.

post #1251 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 01:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibon View Post
I received mine yesterday and It also has the high frequency beeping, coil whine or whatever it is called. I hopped I would get one without this problem... I will try to get used to it since I don't want to wait to get a replacement which could take another month or more to come.
Anyway, globally I am satisfied with it. Coming from an old HD ready UST (screeneo) I can only be glad!
I got mine on Friday. Delivery took two weeks. Having owned an LG 50" Plasma for almost 10 years now i am stunned by the picture quality

The most annoying thing is the high frequent beeping as described in some post here (especially my wife dislikes it). Are there units without the beep? Should i try to get an replacement? Has anybody done this successfully?
post #1252 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 03:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Did some more testing today and it appears that the voice sync issues only occur with the ARC HDMI connection. Got a new Denon receiver and had to use 199 ms delay for audio when using the ARC connection, but the other HDMI connections seem to sync fine.

Alright that's not the problem I'm having.
Specifically I get an audio LAG when using surround content (NOT stereo):

[AppleTV]---hdmi---[Projector]---toslink---[Receiver] Delay ~1/2s
[AppleTV]---hdmi---[Projector] internal speaker No delay.

My supplier has contacted Xiaomi about it.
They suggested
a) rebooting(reset). I did that.
b) try a different optical cable. I tried 3 different ones.

to no avail.

I ordered a HDMI/Optical splitter online, will report back when tested.

Thanks to the kind forum member who offered me one via PM. Unfortunately, I saw the PM late, and I can't reply as I'm not a frequent poster.
post #1253 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 04:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lindseyp View Post
I ordered a HDMI/Optical splitter online, will report back when tested.
I am using a HDFury AVR Key to split Audio/Video. Works fine.
post #1254 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 04:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raúl Rico View Post
Not sure through CEC, but projector's Turn Off command with Harmony app works perfectly

According to MiReCo page on GitHub, the turn-on command is the only one that cannot be replicated right now. No one knows what it's the BT or IP command that wakes the projector up.
Hey Rico,

What device do you have the Mijia configured at on the Harmony? I can't find it via the search and model number. I can CEC it on, but no way to turn off with the Harmony remote.
post #1255 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niveknow View Post
Hey Rico,

What device do you have the Mijia configured at on the Harmony? I can't find it via the search and model number. I can CEC it on, but no way to turn off with the Harmony remote.
How did you turn CEC on with the projector? I have it enabled on my shield but it doesn't turn on when I power it up
post #1256 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 11:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
How did you turn CEC on with the projector? I have it enabled on my shield but it doesn't turn on when I power it up
Okay. I figured it out. =)

To enable CEC:

Hit the ' 3 line' button on the Mijia remote to bring up the control menu. Within that setting you'll see CEC controls. Once enabled, the projector should turn on with the Shield power up. That's not the challenging part as many of the modern day turn on via CEC just fine. The challenge is to have the harmony remote work in-place of the Mijia remote and turn OFF since I couldn't CEC to turn it off.

At first I couldn't get this to work, but it turns out I was in the right place with the Mijia, but only had some bug where wouldn't pair with the Harmony. Yes it detected the Harmony just fine as a bluetooth, but wouldn't pair. I simply rebooted the Mijia and returned to the same pairing page and it eventually paired. If you see 'Harmony Keyboard' on the Mijia bluetooth device... you're on the right track. =)

I used the Xiaomi Fire TV trick which I had previously working for my last white Xiaomi 150 since the Mijia works with the Amazon FireTV remote. So add Amazon FireTV on the Harmony as you would pair a fresh FireTV to your Harmony. This may not work if you have existing FireTV as it may confict.. But know it does work.

Now I'm on a single start where my Shield, Denon and Mijia would all turn on properly and put me in the Shield home page with a shortcut. And the remote's OFF works to shut everything down gracefully.
post #1257 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by niveknow View Post
Okay. I figured it out. =)

To enable CEC:

Hit the ' 3 line' button on the Mijia remote to bring up the control menu. Within that setting you'll see CEC controls. Once enabled, the projector should turn on with the Shield power up. That's not the challenging part as many of the modern day turn on via CEC just fine. The challenge is to have the harmony remote work in-place of the Mijia remote and turn OFF since I couldn't CEC to turn it off.

At first I couldn't get this to work, but it turns out I was in the right place with the Mijia, but only had some bug where wouldn't pair with the Harmony. Yes it detected the Harmony just fine as a bluetooth, but wouldn't pair. I simply rebooted the Mijia and returned to the same pairing page and it eventually paired. If you see 'Harmony Keyboard' on the Mijia bluetooth device... you're on the right track. =)

I used the Xiaomi Fire TV trick which I had previously working for my last white Xiaomi 150 since the Mijia works with the Amazon FireTV remote. So add Amazon FireTV on the Harmony as you would pair a fresh FireTV to your Harmony. This may not work if you have existing FireTV as it may confict.. But know it does work.

Now I'm on a single start where my Shield, Denon and Mijia would all turn on properly and put me in the Shield home page with a shortcut. And the remote's OFF works to shut everything down gracefully.
Awesome! I am going to try this when I get home from work later.
post #1258 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 02:04 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan77 View Post
I got mine on Friday. Delivery took two weeks. Having owned an LG 50" Plasma for almost 10 years now i am stunned by the picture quality

The most annoying thing is the high frequent beeping as described in some post here (especially my wife dislikes it). Are there units without the beep? Should i try to get an replacement? Has anybody done this successfully?
Hi, you also can hear the coil whine... It seems that we can hear it a little less (or is it my imagination?) when selecting "Hightlight" in the "light mode" but in return the fan will blow stronger at some point...
Now I got more used to it so it doesn't bother me as much as before.
I am also wondering if many people got some without this issue. Maybe they all have it but it is a difference of perception
post #1259 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibon View Post
Hi, you also can hear the coil whine... It seems that we can hear it a little less (or is it my imagination?) when selecting "Hightlight" in the "light mode" but in return the fan will blow stronger at some point...
Now I got more used to it so it doesn't bother me as much as before.
I am also wondering if many people got some without this issue. Maybe they all have it but it is a difference of perception
I hear no beeps or whines, have had several people come see it now and no complaints.
Definitely quieter than my old BenQ projector.
post #1260 of 1468 Old 07-22-2019, 07:26 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by IronMan77 View Post

I have had a total of 3 and two of them are quiet as a whistle, and one of them makes that high pitched noise. Sent that one back for replacement. Did take 3-4 weeks but no biggie that sound was way too annoying to keep.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP