Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 45 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes

post #1321 of 1555 Old 08-11-2019, 01:22 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I got one of them areas too, the only difference is that the wife cleans it up from time to time without telling and tosses the stuff in the trash

Question: Is there a way to see the video or display info data on the PJ via my Shield? I have no way of confirming when HDR is enabled or if the video is 4K or 4:4:4 or whatever. Any way to toggle this?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
imhotep6 likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1322 of 1555 Old 08-11-2019, 04:52 PM

Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath91sl View Post
Anyone looked into the newest 4K projector from Xiaomi?

Xiaomi 4K WEMAX A300

Xiaomi WEMAX A300 4K vs Mijia 4K Laser Projector

" The only concrete reason to choose the WEMAX A300 4K/WEMAX L1668FCF 4K Laser Projector over the Mijia 4K is the admittedly much better brightness."

post #1323 of 1555 Old 08-11-2019, 05:07 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Still a tough decision. I will wait for a complete review. I don't want to invest money and later be unhappy that I didn't invest a little bit more to get the better picture, better 3D, better noise level and so on.
I'll wait another month hoping that there will be a real comparison on youtube to see if the A300 is really so much brighter than the Mijia 4K. I'm really afraid of the coil whine and that whole procedure of sending it back.
Johnny nz likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1324 of 1555 Old 08-11-2019, 05:18 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6
The A300 have 8 points keystone

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Danilo Correa likes this.
post #1325 of 1555 Old 08-11-2019, 08:32 PM

Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGBEAR2004 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nath91sl View Post
Anyone looked into the newest 4K projector from Xiaomi?

Xiaomi 4K WEMAX A300

Xiaomi WEMAX A300 4K vs Mijia 4K Laser Projector

" The only concrete reason to choose the WEMAX A300 4K/WEMAX L1668FCF 4K Laser Projector over the Mijia 4K is the admittedly much better brightness."
Meh I have a hard time believing the new one can produce 9000 lumens.
post #1326 of 1555 Old 08-12-2019, 12:16 AM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by niveknow View Post
Anyone able to share links or experiences using a harmony remote this this projector? Not able to find the device searching by vendor name or model number.
As I said before...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raúl Rico View Post
You only have to ways to turn it on:
1. Using the original projector's remote
2. Through CEC "ON" command via HDMI

I have a Harmony hub activity that includes an Apple TV 4K connected to projector's HDMI input3 through an HDMI switch and it always turns on the projector. Ideally, Harmony activity turns everything on and, for sure, it works perfectly, but you must know that the Harmony projector's ON command isn't working, and projector only wakes up due to apple tv.
In order to use this projector with Harmony, you will have to add two items:
- A screen: Look for Xiaomi Model MJJGYY01FM
- A player: MIUITV, recognized by Harmony as Amazon Fire Stick when you look for new devices in you LAN.

Then you have to add both devices to you activities, with any other needed gadget (Apple TV 4K, HDMI switch and Sonos playbar in my case )
post #1327 of 1555 Old 08-12-2019, 05:33 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 4
A big test of this projector was passed this weekend. My nephews visited and played Fortnite on Xbox One X for about 15 hours in a row each day. If I put my hands by the projector fans I could feel it pushing some hot air but they never got noticeably louder and the picture stayed the same. I got it to be a true TV replacement (as opposed to the sparing use of my old bulb projector) and it has succeeded at that so far.
NotShorty and mykow like this.
post #1328 of 1555 Old 08-12-2019, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDJ View Post
Meh I have a hard time believing the new one can produce 9000 lumens.
I didn't see anything on that write up that justifies the upgrade from a PQ perspective. Aside from a technical lumen bump, I'd like to see real world ANSI lumen measured and not from product brochures. The high contrast is similar that I'd like to see real technical comparison. The part that I do like so the improved keystone. This wasn't as show stopper for my setup, but a nice bonus. However surprised this isn't just a firmware/software fix to enable.

I have the Mijia and was disappointed to see the Wemax announce as soon as I saw my Mijia shipped. However no buyer remorse yet with an "older" version. At least I know others with the projector for help. This will hold me over until the next major PJ technology jump.
BenPlace and mykow like this.
post #1329 of 1555 Old 08-13-2019, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Hi people, sorry to bring this up again, I am really stressing about this lack of Keystone adjustment. Anypne with any tips or tricks to make this thing align properly? I got everything straight but not full screen, if I try to raise it up, it leaks from the sides
As you can see from the pics, if fullscreen, is not wide enough

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

always around...
post #1330 of 1555 Old 08-14-2019, 05:42 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Danilo Correa View Post
Hi people, sorry to bring this up again, I am really stressing about this lack of Keystone adjustment. Anypne with any tips or tricks to make this thing align properly? I got everything straight but not full screen, if I try to raise it up, it leaks from the sides

Based off the first image, it looks like the whole projector needs to be physically raised a bit so the black is centered at the top and bottom and then pulled back just a bit to fill the screen.
post #1331 of 1555 Old 08-14-2019, 10:11 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:

Hi,

Are you connecting to a pc? It looks like you have some sort of linux-based OS. In any case, if you have installed a GPU driver such as Nvidia or AMD, you can try to resize the desktop to fit your screen. I have an nvidia gpu and i know they have the desktop resizing option in the nvidia control panel options. To do this you would make the image larger than your screen borders, then open the resizing tool and it should allow you shrink the image so that it fits into the borders of your screen. I'm not 100% sure if this will resolve your issue but its worth a try. Good luck.

Rob
post #1332 of 1555 Old 08-14-2019, 04:32 PM

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 18
can you put apps on this, specifically, can you do plex?

Also, what about the English? Is it unable with the chinese?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
post #1333 of 1555 Old 08-15-2019, 06:59 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
long story short i ended up ordering a PET Crystal 120 screen from XY and got a tracking number which after two days shows a status of: 'Shipment schedule pending
Recommended action: Scheduling per shipper request. Contact shipper if questions.' Anyone experience this from XY or any other shipment from china?
post #1334 of 1555 Old 08-15-2019, 07:59 AM

I also ordered my screen yesterday from XY Screens.
Now I have to decide which projector to buy. The more I do my researches the harder it gets. Now I think that I have to decide between the Mijia 4K and the Fengmi 4K Cinema.
I was told that the 4K Cinema has a coil noise because of the newer Laser integrated. But I've seen a lot of comments where they say that the Mijia does too.
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!
What are the REAL differences between those two?
post #1335 of 1555 Old 08-15-2019, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kthejoker20 View Post
can you put apps on this, specifically, can you do plex?

Also, what about the English? Is it unable with the chinese?

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
You can follow a video on YouTube that shows you how to navigate the menu and switch to English.
You will need an external device to play Plex. I use and NVidia Shield and watch Plex on it all the time. A Roku/Fire stick would also work.
post #1336 of 1555 Old 08-15-2019, 04:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by copperfield74 View Post
Now I have to decide which projector to buy. The more I do my researches the harder it gets. Now I think that I have to decide between the Mijia 4K and the Fengmi 4K Cinema.
I was told that the 4K Cinema has a coil noise because of the newer Laser integrated. But I've seen a lot of comments where they say that the Mijia does too.
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!
My 2019 4k Xiaomi has no coil noise. I have heard some people are getting them with it though. I came ffrom a BenQ bulb projector and the quality on my Xiaomi blows it away, it is also about 2 - 3x quieter than my BenQ was.
I cannot comment on the Fengmi.
post #1337 of 1555 Old 08-15-2019, 04:46 PM

Quote:
I NEED YOUR HELP!!!!
Well, I got mine significantly cheaper than the current price of the Fengmi so I have ZERO complaints and I am thoroughly satisfied, though, as people on this thread are aware, it was a royal pain to set it up with the screen. I don't think the difference in price justify the value for the Fengmi.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Yoo View Post
long story short i ended up ordering a PET Crystal 120 screen from XY and got a tracking number which after two days shows a status of: 'Shipment schedule pending
Recommended action: Scheduling per shipper request. Contact shipper if questions.' Anyone experience this from XY or any other shipment from china?
I wouldn't worry about it. XY ships to many people around the world and so far no one (that I know of) has complained about how they operate (except that they are a bit expensive). Give it a couple of days, everything that leaves China undergoes scrutiny by the government at their ports. Sometimes stuff gets backlogged. My screen (from Azure) was stuck for a week before it finally left China.
post #1338 of 1555 Old 08-15-2019, 05:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
Well, I got mine significantly cheaper than the current price of the Fengmi so I have ZERO complaints and I am thoroughly satisfied, though, as people on this thread are aware, it was a royal pain to set it up with the screen. I don't think the difference in price justify the value for the Fengmi.
Well right now the price difference is around 200$. It's no cost problem. The problem is that most of the posts you find are about the Mijia 4K, and that's the reason that you also find the most problems concerning this projector. It seems that the Fengmi 4K Cinema flies under the radar, and I don't know if that's a good sign or not. Normally the people quite reviews when they are not satisfied with their investment. So I don't know if the Fengmi has the same problems like the Mijia. For example I sometimes enjoy watching 3D movies. There are A LOT of people complaining that the Mijia has problems with 3D, but others are writing the opposite. Some have fan noise problems others not. It seems that buying the Mijia is like playing the lotteries. So I don't know if the Fengmi would serve me better?
post #1339 of 1555 Old 08-16-2019, 01:23 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:

I wouldn't worry about it. XY ships to many people around the world and so far no one (that I know of) has complained about how they operate (except that they are a bit expensive). Give it a couple of days, everything that leaves China undergoes scrutiny by the government at their ports. Sometimes stuff gets backlogged. My screen (from Azure) was stuck for a week before it finally left China.
Hi, How is Azure screen? i been contacted(pushed) by Azure team constantly for purchasing their Pet Crystal screen.
post #1340 of 1555 Old 08-17-2019, 03:31 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:

Hi there,

I had the same problem as you as they took away the keystone adjustment that came with the previous 1080 model after I upgraded to the 4K version.

And as my ALR screen is permanently fixed to the wall, I would have to keep adjusting the projector position which requires a lot of fine adjustment especially on the height itself and it is driving me crazy if I have to just rely on that 2 stands on the side that came with the projector and I was lucky to find a couple of rubber stands lying around and I made good use of it too.

So what I did was I ordered this motorized stand from Xiaomi as well (please PM me as my current post count doesn't allow me to link) which was originally designed as a stand for laptops and it basically made it so much more easier for me when it comes to the height adjustment, and I can just focus on using the software adjustment to keep fine tuning and eventually I was able to get the right height and setting to get a full screen.

Attached some pictures for your reference as well.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_175944.jpg
Views:	156
Size:	156.3 KB
ID:	2603732   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_180025.jpg
Views:	170
Size:	243.8 KB
ID:	2603734   Click image for larger version

Name:	20190817_180012.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	171.2 KB
ID:	2603736  
post #1341 of 1555 Old 08-17-2019, 05:06 AM

Quote:
Well right now the price difference is around 200$. It's no cost problem. The problem is that most of the posts you find are about the Mijia 4K, and that's the reason that you also find the most problems concerning this projector. It seems that the Fengmi 4K Cinema flies under the radar, and I don't know if that's a good sign or not. Normally the people quite reviews when they are not satisfied with their investment. So I don't know if the Fengmi has the same problems like the Mijia. For example I sometimes enjoy watching 3D movies. There are A LOT of people complaining that the Mijia has problems with 3D, but others are writing the opposite. Some have fan noise problems others not. It seems that buying the Mijia is like playing the lotteries. So I don't know if the Fengmi would serve me better?
I am not sure where you are seeing your pricing, but I can assure you the price I paid end up being a lot more than $200 in terms of difference. We can't do price talk here or I would have provided more details.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ursnirmalt View Post
Hi, How is Azure screen? i been contacted(pushed) by Azure team constantly for purchasing their Pet Crystal screen.
It's cheaper than XY, I think their Pet Crystal material is almost the same. The only difference, as discussed here some time back, is in the sturdiness of the frame. XY frame is better.
post #1342 of 1555 Old 08-17-2019, 11:25 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by changchewsoon View Post
Hi there,

I had the same problem as you as they took away the keystone adjustment that came with the previous 1080 model after I upgraded to the 4K version.

And as my ALR screen is permanently fixed to the wall, I would have to keep adjusting the projector position which requires a lot of fine adjustment especially on the height itself and it is driving me crazy if I have to just rely on that 2 stands on the side that came with the projector and I was lucky to find a couple of rubber stands lying around and I made good use of it too.

So what I did was I ordered this motorized stand from Xiaomi as well (please PM me as my current post count doesn't allow me to link) which was originally designed as a stand for laptops and it basically made it so much more easier for me when it comes to the height adjustment, and I can just focus on using the software adjustment to keep fine tuning and eventually I was able to get the right height and setting to get a full screen.

Attached some pictures for your reference as well.
Hi, for those who have sent me private messages asking for information on the motorized stand I would like to apologize I am unable to reply as I just realized there is actually a minimum count of 15 post count requirement before I am able to reply private messages.

Perhaps you could also include your email in the private message and I can email you the info.

Meanwhile, just wanted to share that the stand can only carry a maximum weight of 15 KG so please just be mindful.

And I think there are a lot of alternatives out there in the market that you can easily find, as long it achieves the objective of allowing fine adjustments of raising/lowering.

I personally think that if the stand can also be upgraded to have multi-axis adjustment it will be the perfect solution for those of us who are having problems with getting the Xiaomi UST to go full screen ever since they took away the previous screen alignment feature.
post #1343 of 1555 Old 08-18-2019, 07:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by changchewsoon View Post
Hi, for those who have sent me private messages asking for information on the motorized stand I would like to apologize I am unable to reply as I just realized there is actually a minimum count of 15 post count requirement before I am able to reply private messages.

Perhaps you could also include your email in the private message and I can email you the info.

Meanwhile, just wanted to share that the stand can only carry a maximum weight of 15 KG so please just be mindful.

And I think there are a lot of alternatives out there in the market that you can easily find, as long it achieves the objective of allowing fine adjustments of raising/lowering.

I personally think that if the stand can also be upgraded to have multi-axis adjustment it will be the perfect solution for those of us who are having problems with getting the Xiaomi UST to go full screen ever since they took away the previous screen alignment feature.
Thank you for all the info and help. I will do some reasearch on these hardware. Hopefully it helps me. Nice setup btw

always around...
post #1344 of 1555 Old 08-18-2019, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Thank you for all the info and help. I will do some reasearch on these hardware. Hopefully it helps me. Nice setup btw

When aligning the screen, do you align the bottom first then play with the keystone and height? Anything would be appreciated

always around...
post #1345 of 1555 Old 08-18-2019, 03:27 PM

Quote:
When aligning the screen, do you align the bottom first then play with the keystone and height? Anything would be appreciated

Also, if you could measure the height from projector base to start of image, it could help me a lot too

always around...
post #1346 of 1555 Old 08-19-2019, 08:30 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 5
telon screen

Quote:

Anyone have order from TELON SCREEN (HUIZHOU TELON AUDIO AND VISUAL EQUIPMENT) ? They suppose to have pet crystal screen . . . still waiting for photo. 490$ usd + 170$ usd delivery to canada for 120" screen . . . 1/2 the price of xyscreen !!

They are available on Alibaba under telon screen.

I do have discussion with Maira Ouyang from telon company ... waiting for more info!

Unfortunately I am not able to post any image or link yet (NEW user)

Martin
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-08-19_10-52-30.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	130.6 KB
ID:	2604732   Click image for larger version

Name:	3f69c3f8822110eeb419ab78a8f9673.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	90.4 KB
ID:	2604734   Click image for larger version

Name:	photobank.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	2604736  
post #1347 of 1555 Old 08-19-2019, 07:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Lightbulb Power Supply only 220v-240v

Hi! New member here and I am looking to purchase the Mijia 4k soon but I was hesitate when reading the spec about the power supply only support 220v-240v voltage. Does anyone have the same issue in US where you need to buy an extra voltage converter in order to use the projector?

Thanks!
post #1348 of 1555 Old 08-19-2019, 09:29 PM

Dude, we have said it many times in this thread. No converter is needed. I am using it directly with 110v.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
post #1349 of 1555 Old 08-20-2019, 06:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kwan128 View Post
Hi! New member here and I am looking to purchase the Mijia 4k soon but I was hesitate when reading the spec about the power supply only support 220v-240v voltage. Does anyone have the same issue in US where you need to buy an extra voltage converter in order to use the projector?

Thanks!
No converter needed.
post #1350 of 1555 Old 08-20-2019, 08:47 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 732 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Found a really cool screen option for UST projectors on this you tubers channel.

Freepost likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page