AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3043204-xiaomi-mijia-laser-projector-4k-version-4k-resolution-launched.html)

Johnny nz 08-21-2019 09:00 PM

Anybody that has the xy fixed screens, do you think if you moved house or in my situation move country in 12 month , do you think the screen and frame will pack down and shipped and the re assembled ok re quality of screw holes etc ??

Garfield9988 08-22-2019 05:13 AM

2 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield9988 (Post 58443622)
Anyone have order from TELON SCREEN (HUIZHOU TELON AUDIO AND VISUAL EQUIPMENT) ? They suppose to have pet crystal screen . . . still waiting for photo. 490$ usd + 170$ usd delivery to canada for 120" screen . . . 1/2 the price of xyscreen !!

They are available on Alibaba under telon screen.

I do have discussion with Maira Ouyang from telon company ... waiting for more info!

Unfortunately I am not able to post any image or link yet (NEW user)

Martin

Did buy finally the pet crystal screen 120” from Telon company for 660$ usd including shipping to Canada instead of 1100$ usd from xyscreen. Hopefully it will be a real lenticular screen (pet screen) and quality is good! It seem to be the company who provided screen for elite screen USA same s***t different name !Attachment 2605796Attachment 2605794

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

Titi_78 08-22-2019 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Johnny nz (Post 58456094)
Anybody that has the xy fixed screens, do you think if you moved house or in my situation move country in 12 month , do you think the screen and frame will pack down and shipped and the re assembled ok re quality of screw holes etc ??

No problem
keep the original frame package, it s a good protection for the frame

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

Johnny nz 08-22-2019 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfield9988 (Post 58456736)
Did buy finally the pet crystal screen 120” from Telon company for 660$ usd including shipping to Canada instead of 1100$ usd from xyscreen. Hopefully it will be a real lenticular screen (pet screen) and quality is good! It seem to be the company who provided screen for elite screen USA same s***t different name !Attachment 2605796Attachment 2605794

great find, please post your option on quality of frame and screen once your all set up

bk 1937 08-22-2019 07:43 PM

Quote:

Please post a review and pics when you have it. Thanks!

bk 1937 08-22-2019 07:45 PM

Quote:

Please post a review and pics once you have it, Thanks!

Raúl Rico 08-23-2019 06:22 AM

Hi guys,

During the last 2 weeks my Xiaomi 4K projector shows some white vertical lines in the whole left side of the image, from top to bottom. They are a lot, and usually appear after turning it on, and dissapear after some minutes, or when I do a calibration. I'm quite worried becaused it was purchased in China by XY Screen for me, and it was sent together with a PET CRystal screen, and I live in EU. So it will be a disaster if I have to send it back to china to be repaired.

I'm going to make a video with this problem for reference.

Any ohter guy with a similar problem? Do you think it's a hardware or a software problem?

BIGBEAR2004 08-23-2019 08:39 AM

I purchased a Mijia 4K projector with an XY 120 inch PET screen, but at the last minute I decided that an acoustic transparent screen would be better for my future build as there will be no place for my speakers with a PET screen. I am probably going to put this unopened PET screen in the classified. However, if there is a work around I would prefer to keep the screen. I tested this projector on a white wall in the dark, and so far its awesome! Definitely worth it.

Titi_78 08-23-2019 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raúl Rico (Post 58461514)
Hi guys,

During the last 2 weeks my Xiaomi 4K projector shows some white vertical lines in the whole left side of the image, from top to bottom. They are a lot, and usually appear after turning it on, and dissapear after some minutes, or when I do a calibration. I'm quite worried becaused it was purchased in China by XY Screen for me, and it was sent together with a PET CRystal screen, and I live in EU. So it will be a disaster if I have to send it back to china to be repaired.

Any ohter guy with a similar problem? Do you think it's a hardware or a software problem?

Try to unplug power cable for 10mn and cold start

changchewsoon 08-23-2019 11:29 PM

4 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danilo Correa (Post 58441236)
Also, if you could measure the height from projector base to start of image, it could help me a lot too [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sure, here you go.

My projector screen is about 46 cm away from base.

The motorized tray is adjusted to be about 9 cm tall from base.

The height of Xiaomi projector is elevated about 2 cm tall from base, and only the front, the rear is left intact hence from the side you will see that it is tilted towards the projector screen.

The reason why it is done so because I started the adjustments by having the projector laying flat completely and slowly work my way towards getting it full screen.

It took quite a bit of trial and error as you will also need to perform keystone corrections at the same time until you get the optimal setting, but eventually you will be able to get it with patience as the part for raising/lowering the is now easily tackled with the motorized stand.

Hope this helps!

changchewsoon 08-25-2019 12:22 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Quote:

Originally Posted by changchewsoon (Post 58465170)
Sure, here you go.

The height of Xiaomi projector is elevated about 2 cm tall from base, and only the front, the rear is left intact hence from the side you will see that it is tilted towards the projector screen.

The reason why it is done so because I started the adjustments by having the projector laying flat completely and slowly work my way towards getting it full screen.

It took quite a bit of trial and error as you will also need to perform keystone corrections at the same time until you get the optimal setting, but eventually you will be able to get it with patience as the part for raising/lowering the is now easily tackled with the motorized stand.

Hope this helps!

Hi,

Just realised I left out the distance between the projector and the wall.

Approximately 39 cm apart.

monakh 08-25-2019 02:48 AM

Thanks for the info. Very useful.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk

TTBear 08-25-2019 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by changchewsoon (Post 58465170)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Danilo Correa (Post 58441236)
Also, if you could measure the height from projector base to start of image, it could help me a lot too [emoji4]

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Sure, here you go.

Hope this helps!

Could you please share some information and pictures of your motorized tray? I am considering something similar, so any information would be greatly appreciated?

moctodavs 08-25-2019 01:52 PM

Quote:

If you haven't already, you should ask for a counterpart sample from XY-Screen. This way you can compare it side by side to see if it's indeed the same thing. I'm very curious because if they're the same and word spreads, XY would need to lower their prices. Better for the consumers!

Raúl Rico 08-25-2019 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Titi_78 (Post 58463222)

It doesnt resolve the problem, just tested.

There is one other guy (at least) here in Spain with the same problem...

copperfield74 08-26-2019 01:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raúl Rico (Post 58472650)
Quote:

Originally Posted by Titi_78 (Post 58463222)

Envoyé️ de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk

I remember another guy who had blinking white spots all over the screen. If I remember correctly he solved the problem by turning down 12bit Colour resolution to 10bit.
I don't have a Mijia yet to tell you how to do it but maybe it helps.

fishfiend 08-26-2019 04:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raúl Rico (Post 58472650)

Anything like this?

My first one from Banggood had to go back, couldnt get this off, and it was the first time i switched it on..as with yours the whole left side had random lines. First post, so i cant post links, but i made a video, its on you tube.

Robert Yoo 08-26-2019 10:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by fishfiend (Post 58473040)
Anything like this?

My first one from Banggood had to go back, couldnt get this off, and it was the first time i switched it on..as with yours the whole left side had random lines. First post, so i cant post links, but i made a video, its on you tube.

what are you connecting to the projector? if its a pc and you have an NVIDIA GPU
1. Change your resolution to 3840 x 2160 (or 4096 x 2160) and apply
2. Below the resolution select 'Use Nvidia color settings'
3. For Output color format select: YCbCr422 and apply
4. For Output color depth select: 10 bpc and apply
5. For Output dynamic range select: Limited and apply

If you had the same issue as me this will resolve your issue.

Rob

Raúl Rico 08-27-2019 03:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raúl Rico (Post 58461514)
Hi guys,

Links to youtube videos showing the problems:

PAUL7331 08-27-2019 07:45 AM

Hi guys,

Im thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these baby's but need to make sure I can use my existing pull down screen with it? I currently have a 106' screen (Sapphire Manual Slow retraction Screen - 234 x 132cm (16:9) - (SWS240WSF-ASR2)

Would this still produce a good picture?

PAUL7331 08-27-2019 07:45 AM

Hi guys,

Im thinking of pulling the trigger on one of these baby's but need to make sure I can use my existing pull down screen with it? I currently have a 106' screen (Sapphire Manual Slow retraction Screen - 234 x 132cm (16:9) - (SWS240WSF-ASR2)

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/...nch-manual.jpg

BenPlace 08-27-2019 10:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL7331 (Post 58478262)
Hi guys,

https://www.picclickimg.com/d/w1600/...nch-manual.jpg

I do not think this screen will work. You need a tension screen. This one appears to only be weighted by the bar.

PAUL7331 08-27-2019 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenPlace (Post 58478980)
I do not think this screen will work. You need a tension screen. This one appears to only be weighted by the bar.

Hey Ben, thanks for the feedback.

That’s a shame, it’s pretty stable when it’s down, what reasons are their as to why this wouldn’t work? I can’t have a fixed screen unfortunately.

BenPlace 08-27-2019 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL7331 (Post 58479158)
Hey Ben, thanks for the feedback.

That’s a shame, it’s pretty stable when it’s down, what reasons are their as to why this wouldn’t work? I can’t have a fixed screen unfortunately.

The screen has to be perfectly flat, you will see the slightest wave in it. You do not have to have a fixed screen, they make tensions screens that pull down.

Here is an example of a pull down tensions screen.

https://www.amazon.com/Elite-Screens.../dp/B07BB281VF

PAUL7331 08-27-2019 11:38 AM

Thanks Ben. I might hit the purchase button and see how I go with it, if I need to purchase a tab tension screen then so be it!
I must add I’ll be watching projector only at night and with blinds closed so it’ll be pretty damn dark. Dont suppose this matters???

BenPlace 08-27-2019 11:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PAUL7331 (Post 58479348)
Thanks Ben. I might hit the purchase button and see how I go with it, if I need to purchase a tab tension screen then so be it!
I must add I’ll be watching projector only at night and with blinds closed so it’ll be pretty damn dark. Dont suppose this matters???

No, what you will see is waves on the screen instead of a flat image.
If you can afford a tensioned screen, go ahead and get the projector and you can always get the tension screen if yours doesnt work.

Zhang Xinglong 08-28-2019 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BenPlace (Post 58479456)
No, what you will see is waves on the screen instead of a flat image.
If you can afford a tensioned screen, go ahead and get the projector and you can always get the tension screen if yours doesnt work.

yes i can guarantee this will happen, cos i tried it lol

you need a screen made for short throw... the surface and material is different

Garfield9988 08-28-2019 04:29 AM

Xiaomi mijia 4K vs A300 comparison !

PAUL7331 08-28-2019 04:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zhang Xinglong (Post 58482238)
yes i can guarantee this will happen, cos i tried it lol

you need a screen made for short throw... the surface and material is different

Ok thanks. Any idea what sort of screen material I need to look for?

monakh 08-28-2019 04:57 AM

Pet Crystal ALR

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk