Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 49 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 397Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1441 of 1552 Old 09-05-2019, 06:14 AM
Senior Member
 
monakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Lahore | Manama | Washington
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Ahh.. Can't program a routine and assign it to a button, eh?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
monakh is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1442 of 1552 Old 09-05-2019, 06:42 AM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
Ahh.. Can't program a routine and assign it to a button, eh?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
When I go to the FireTV remote through Harmony there is no power button, so I am not sure what the process they use to power the device off is.
BenPlace is offline  
post #1443 of 1552 Old 09-05-2019, 03:37 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
I still see it when my projector shuts off for a brief moment. I use my harmony remote and it does power once and then it goes through the 20 second countdown, displays the chinese screen for a split second and shuts off.
Yeah sorry forgot about that, when you shutdown it is seen in the background for a split second
danwel is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1444 of 1552 Old 09-05-2019, 03:39 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knolly View Post
I totally missed that post, sorry!

That's great news though. I did some digging into rooting as well and sounds like it's all quite do-able. The interface was the main thing holding me back from one of these so I should be good to go.
Yeah i looked at rooting it too but in all honesty i don't have any need for it as i use apple tv 4k and Xbox one S and the only thing i need to do is change the HDMI depending what i am wanting to use so that is the only time i see the chineese interface and like another user said when shutting down you see it for a split second in the background. So for me there is no real benefit in rooting it as i have all the options with apple tv i need
danwel is offline  
post #1445 of 1552 Old 09-06-2019, 02:09 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 59
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 52 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
That's what we have been discussing in the last few posts. If you set it in the settings to load to HMDI 1 for example the only thing you will see is the Mi loading screen then the next thing you see is in my case the Xbox green loading screen. The only time i see any chineese is if i need to go into the setting menu.

You can root it to achieve the same outcome but if you use apple tv / fire stick or Xbox etc once its set up to load to a specific HDMI you would have no idea that you have a chineese product. Its the easiest solution unless you feel comfortable with rooting the projector.
Have been wanting to do this too thanks
TexasDJ is offline  
post #1446 of 1552 Old 09-07-2019, 08:38 AM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasDJ View Post
Have been wanting to do this too thanks
If you root can you have it show info like what your current resolution is and if HDR is on or off?
BenPlace is offline  
post #1447 of 1552 Old 09-09-2019, 07:53 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 14
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Did receive my Telon pet crystal screen for 490$+ shipping.

See this tread for those wish to have more detail.

Xyscreen comparison review
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink?sha...4&share_type=t


Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Garfield9988 is offline  
post #1448 of 1552 Old 09-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
VAVA Projector OS on Xiaomi MIJIA

Has there been any effort to use VAVA software on Xiaomi projector?
hatpick is offline  
post #1449 of 1552 Old 09-10-2019, 02:51 PM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hatpick View Post
Has there been any effort to use VAVA software on Xiaomi projector?
Why would you need to do this?
BenPlace is offline  
post #1450 of 1552 Old 09-10-2019, 02:58 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
Why would you need to do this?
It's easier to navigate and use because it has all the apps and it's in English.
hatpick is offline  
post #1451 of 1552 Old 09-10-2019, 08:03 PM
Senior Member
 
monakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Lahore | Manama | Washington
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 46
The VAVA still doesn't have the Google play store. The hardware is slightly different though I am sure the code could be modified to accommodate the changes. But there is no value-add at all to changing anything. I just changed the menu to English and everything works fine.

If you want to take it further, there is a huge thread over at XDA where the dev has created a single click app to root the Mijia (though he only shares that if you make a small donation). Otherwise you can root the regular way which isn't that much harder.

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
monakh is offline  
post #1452 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 06:13 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I suffer from the same problem.
And in the past, it was just that problem, but now there is a problem with the display even after starting up.
Uploaded a video of a problem with this product.

Youtube
https://youtu.be/GbWT945bltw
D.Okamoto is offline  
post #1453 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 06:56 AM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Okamoto View Post
I suffer from the same problem.
And in the past, it was just that problem, but now there is a problem with the display even after starting up.
Uploaded a video of a problem with this product.

Youtube
https://youtu.be/GbWT945bltw
What is your source?
BenPlace is offline  
post #1454 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 06:57 AM
Senior Member
 
monakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Lahore | Manama | Washington
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 46
These lines have become a real issue.

Do you have the lines in the MI Menu (with all the Chinese apps)?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
monakh is offline  
post #1455 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
These lines have become a real issue.

Do you have the lines in the MI Menu (with all the Chinese apps)?

Sent from my GM1917 using Tapatalk
I must have gotten lucky because I have had no lines or issues with my projector.
BenPlace is offline  
post #1456 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 09:44 AM
Newbie
 
Jadon Veldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at picking up one of these newer Chinese UST 4k projectors and i'm curious if anyone has found hardware layouts of the internal board?

I have a feeling that they are using a standard 80mm fan and would love to verify before purchasing to fix the bad fan noise. The plan if possible is to swap it with a Noctua quiet fan.
Jadon Veldman is offline  
post #1457 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 10:05 AM
Senior Member
 
BenPlace's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Near Chicago IL
Posts: 280
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jadon Veldman View Post
Hey Guys,

I'm looking at picking up one of these newer Chinese UST 4k projectors and i'm curious if anyone has found hardware layouts of the internal board?

I have a feeling that they are using a standard 80mm fan and would love to verify before purchasing to fix the bad fan noise. The plan if possible is to swap it with a Noctua quiet fan.
This might help...

BenPlace is offline  
post #1458 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 12:13 PM
Newbie
 
Jadon Veldman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 13
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
Well theres goes that... multiple people in the comments mentioning that the noise is coming from the colour wheel inside vs the fans. They are however 80mm fans so it wouldn't hurt, but wouldn't fix the problem entirely.

Thanks for the link though!
Jadon Veldman is offline  
post #1459 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 08:43 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 9
I am sure i read that some have had issues once they changed the fan. And yes it is the colour wheel but once it is off an running with a movie or tv show you tend to zone out to the noise of it in my opinion
danwel is offline  
post #1460 of 1552 Old 09-11-2019, 10:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bix26's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 1,226
Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 726 Post(s)
Liked: 388
Quote:
Originally Posted by danwel View Post
I am sure i read that some have had issues once they changed the fan. And yes it is the colour wheel but once it is off an running with a movie or tv show you tend to zone out to the noise of it in my opinion


I don’t mind fan noise, it’s coil whine that bothers me. I had a DVDO wireless hdmi transmitter/receiver and it drove me crazy. It was probably less than 10db but it was such a high frequency. It was like a human dog whistle. Vincent at HDTVTest complained about coil whine on the Wemax. Maybe it’s the same issuue you guys are having?
dreamstate likes this.
bix26 is online now  
post #1461 of 1552 Old 09-12-2019, 02:00 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Posts: 97
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
I don’t mind fan noise, it’s coil whine that bothers me. I had a DVDO wireless hdmi transmitter/receiver and it drove me crazy. It was probably less than 10db but it was such a high frequency. It was like a human dog whistle. Vincent at HDTVTest complained about coil whine on the Wemax. Maybe it’s the same issuue you guys are having?
I am with you on this one - this is a deal breaker.
dreamstate likes this.
drdoom2k is offline  
post #1462 of 1552 Old 09-12-2019, 02:38 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2019
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Xiaomi mi Laser projectors BUG!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
What is your source?

The source is HDMI.
This issue is source independent.
Because the same problem occurs on the home screen.

In the early days, I had the same symptoms.
  | # 1395 tihsamikah
  | I've started to experence an issue where the projector will turn on,
  | but no logo is displayed.

Currently, symptoms are getting worse.
These are the symptoms I have :
 ・The logo is not displayed during startup
 ・The screen does not appear after startup
 ・Colors are strange after startup [Youtube: youtu.be/sAzJ3R78A9o]
 ・The screen display is broken after startup [Youtube: youtu.be/GbWT945bltw]

Currently, Those who have a problem that the logo is not displayed will follow the same path as me in the future.
D.Okamoto is offline  
post #1463 of 1552 Old 09-12-2019, 07:45 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2019
Posts: 24
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just wondering, does anyone know if 8-point keystone correction is something that can be added via software or does it depend on the hardware?
Robert Yoo is offline  
post #1464 of 1552 Old 09-12-2019, 11:47 AM
Senior Member
 
monakh's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2001
Location: Lahore | Manama | Washington
Posts: 371
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 171 Post(s)
Liked: 46
I am sure it can be done by software.
monakh is offline  
post #1465 of 1552 Old 09-13-2019, 04:09 AM
Member
 
Raúl Rico's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 16
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by D.Okamoto View Post
The source is HDMI.
This issue is source independent.
Because the same problem occurs on the home screen.

In the early days, I had the same symptoms.
  | # 1395 tihsamikah
  | I've started to experence an issue where the projector will turn on,
  | but no logo is displayed.

Currently, symptoms are getting worse.
These are the symptoms I have :
 ・The logo is not displayed during startup
 ・The screen does not appear after startup
 ・Colors are strange after startup [Youtube: youtu.be/sAzJ3R78A9o]
 ・The screen display is broken after startup [Youtube: youtu.be/GbWT945bltw]

Currently, Those who have a problem that the logo is not displayed will follow the same path as me in the future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raúl Rico View Post
My Xiaomi 4k projector problems are still the same than some weeks before. No image after start, but it appears 2min later. Sometimes I have also color problems, but they disspear after some time too. I think it's something related with temperature, because if I restart the projector when it's working properly, it starts normally without any problem.

Maybe you are lucky if you can send your projector back to Xiaomi technical assistance service. Here in EU, its quite difficult to get this thing repaired.
Raúl Rico is offline  
post #1466 of 1552 Old 09-15-2019, 01:05 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Would really appreciate if someone could help me with how you activate HDMI 2.0?
wilteding is offline  
post #1467 of 1552 Old 09-15-2019, 01:51 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2019
Posts: 25
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilteding View Post
Would really appreciate if someone could help me with how you activate HDMI 2.0?


Press option button on the remote, then select Playback settings then select hdmi 2.0 then select On


Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk
Titi_78 is offline  
post #1468 of 1552 Old 09-16-2019, 12:04 AM
Senior Member
 
BIGBEAR2004's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 202
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by kraine View Post
I calibrated in front of the projector, the screen has an influence so if you have a yellow tint reduce the green level.
I also found your settings on the yellowish side, but when I brought the green down -60 it was perfect and on point. Thanks!


Last edited by BIGBEAR2004; 09-16-2019 at 10:06 AM.
BIGBEAR2004 is offline  
post #1469 of 1552 Old 09-16-2019, 09:35 AM
Member
 
da_103's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: New York City
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raúl Rico View Post
My Xiaomi 4k projector problems are still the same than some weeks before. No image after start, but it appears 2min later. Sometimes I have also color problems, but they disspear after some time too. I think it's something related with temperature, because if I restart the projector when it's working properly, it starts normally without any problem.

Maybe you are lucky if you can send your projector back to Xiaomi technical assistance service. Here in EU, its quite difficult to get this thing repaired.
The same issue on my end bought mine during a sale when the projector was first announced. Truthfully now waiting on the P1, not dealing with returning this unit.
da_103 is offline  
post #1470 of 1552 Old 09-19-2019, 10:03 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Posts: 18
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Anyone know where i can get new remote control for this projector ?? i don't find in any place
i don't know how to turn on this projector without a remote
thank you
nir10 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off