Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 57 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 411Likes

post #1681 of 1697 Old 01-23-2020, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by monakh View Post
Good stuff! Congrats!

Isn't Carl's ALR material NOT recommended for USTs? I thought it resulted in hotspots or something? How are you mounting it? Does Carl now sell frames too?
This material is specifically for USTS, you have to ask for it as they just released it. I mounted the screen on 1x3 studs cut to fix 126 inches. And then I created cleats on the wall to force the lumber straight (naturally wood bows).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1682 of 1697 Old 01-23-2020, 05:38 PM

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousif Ahmed View Post
Hi
i want to buy xiaomi 4k laser projector but i dont know which one to buy becouse there is defferent types

can anyone tell me which one is the best ... and it is worth it or i need to save my money for better one like vava or optoma ??

last question
which projector screen is the best for picture quality ? i need something that is not expensive
The mijia, fengmi, and a300 are the 3 4k usts' for the moment from xiaomi in order from least to highest brightness. I will tell you though that once my mijia was rooted and I was able to get into the hidden menus, my projector is listed as fengmi4k in the programming. I don't know if these newer mijias are just rebranded fengmis are what. I bought 3 and all 3 say the same thing.
post #1683 of 1697 Old 01-25-2020, 02:21 AM

Liked: 0
Have the issues with these projectors been sorted now? Or if I buy one now will I still get the issue of screen not appearing straight away after some time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1684 of 1697 Old 01-25-2020, 02:37 AM

Quoted: 181 Post(s)
Liked: 46
What on earth does this even mean?

Sent from my SM-N9750 using Tapatalk
post #1685 of 1697 Old 01-25-2020, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Hall View Post
Have the issues with these projectors been sorted now? Or if I buy one now will I still get the issue of screen not appearing straight away after some time?
Unfortunately no one here can answer that question. It appears to be a pretty rare issue that occurred with the 1st (1080p) and 2nd Gen (4K). I haven't seen anyone with the issue on a Fengmi likely due to a different housing (shell) with more space in the problem area, but that's pure speculation. I would imagine there are more Mijia owners than the Fengmi and A300 combined. They are all manufactured by Fengmi though the A300 and Fengmi came out several months after the Mijia.
post #1686 of 1697 Old 02-05-2020, 11:29 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Do not buy Xiaomi Mijia Projectors!! In less than 6 month of usage, mine became defective. 2 big bands of ugly distortion appeared on the screen. Factory reset no use. I called their China customer service hotline and the person said someone will call me back within 24 hours to solve the problem, even though I told them that I don't have a China number (I don't reside in China) . He said it's OK. But no one call back. Called 2nd time and was given the same assurance again. Same outcome. 3rd and 4th time, same answers and assurance. Someone will call me back within 24 hours. Yet, no one call back.

The 5th time, I told them enough of this rubbish. I need to speak to their supervisor, who then gave me a Guangzhou center number that can help with my case. Called Guangzhou and they told me to call back the same customer service hot line for further assistance. Super ridiculous!!

Finally, the 6th call center person flatly told me that they do not support units bought by customers from outside of China!! They will only support customers who have a China phone number and resides in China. I told them I am willing to send the defective projector to any of their service centers in China but was told that I'm unable to do so. Asked him what can I do to have this repaired and he said there's nothing else I can do! In other words, I've just wasted a few thousand dollars on an expensive product with very low reliability. Can forget about the 10 years+ lamp life span they've advertised. Lei Jun should be ashamed with this type of shoddy product quality.

Just thought I warn any potential buyers about this first so that you save yourself thousands of dollars and not make the same mistake as me. One of the worst product and customer service experience I've ever come across in my life...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Defect01.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	2681066   Click image for larger version

Name:	Defect02.jpg
Views:	163
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	2681068  
Waylo, Jan3 and DavAbq like this.
post #1687 of 1697 Old 02-07-2020, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Did you try to remove the screws so that you can open it a little bit ? This decreases pressure on a cable and it seems it fixed display issues for a few people (it was not the exact same issue as yours, but who knows).
post #1688 of 1697 Old 02-07-2020, 10:39 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by spocky12 View Post
Did you try to remove the screws so that you can open it a little bit ? This decreases pressure on a cable and it seems it fixed display issues for a few people (it was not the exact same issue as yours, but who knows).
Yes. In fact, managed to open up the whole casing to release pressure on all the cables. Same problem. Now, the China Xiaomi side is just ignoring me. This buy has indeed turned out to be a very expensive mistake. I wonder for all other worldwide customers not residing in China, do they know how to get their projectors repaired when the time eventually come? Or is most people like me, buying it with the hope that it will last for a very long time?
DavAbq likes this.
post #1689 of 1697 Old 02-09-2020, 04:25 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I think we all hope it will last long.
Sorry to hear that you are having an unresolvable problem...
Mine still works perfectly since last june but I am not safe from any inconvenience.
Casey_Bryson likes this.
post #1690 of 1697 Old 02-11-2020, 01:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenPlace View Post
If you have a harmony remote, add the Amazon Fire TV stick and the button will power it off.
I'm trying to get my harmony elite remote to pair, and I've added the Amazon Fire TV stick, but "harmony keyboard" it's not showing up in the bluetooth settings of the projector. I've tried rebooting several times, deleting and adding in the Fire TV stick in the Harmony, but it's still not being recognized. Any other tips?
post #1691 of 1697 Old 02-13-2020, 09:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 107 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by rkdeza View Post
I'm trying to get my harmony elite remote to pair, and I've added the Amazon Fire TV stick, but "harmony keyboard" it's not showing up in the bluetooth settings of the projector. I've tried rebooting several times, deleting and adding in the Fire TV stick in the Harmony, but it's still not being recognized. Any other tips?
I didn't have to pair anything, I just added the "Amazon Fire TV" and used it in the start sequence for "Power off"

Thanks,
Ben
post #1692 of 1697 Old 02-13-2020, 02:17 PM

Quote:
I didn't have to pair anything, I just added the "Amazon Fire TV" and used it in the start sequence for "Power off"

Thanks,
Ben
Thanks, I got it working. I had to remove some devices from Harmony and reinstall the "Amazon Fire TV" device for it to be recognized in the bluetooth settings of the projector. So without pairing the remote, you don't see "Harmony Keyboard" in your bluetooth settings of the projector, but you can still power it off with the Harmony elite remote? On my end, all the buttons work on the Harmony except the volume up and down, which still needs to be controlled by the original remote for the projector. Not sure if this is normal for anyone else though using this setup.
post #1693 of 1697 Old 02-14-2020, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Thanks, I got it working. I had to remove some devices from Harmony and reinstall the "Amazon Fire TV" device for it to be recognized in the bluetooth settings of the projector. So without pairing the remote, you don't see "Harmony Keyboard" in your bluetooth settings of the projector, but you can still power it off with the Harmony elite remote? On my end, all the buttons work on the Harmony except the volume up and down, which still needs to be controlled by the original remote for the projector. Not sure if this is normal for anyone else though using this setup.
I never use anything on the projector except power off, I have CEC set up for power on and use a Shield for all of my content.
Are you using the built in apps?
post #1694 of 1697 Old 02-14-2020, 10:41 AM

Quote:
I never use anything on the projector except power off, I have CEC set up for power on and use a Shield for all of my content.
Are you using the built in apps?
I'm also using a Shield and have CEC for power on. I've rooted it already so it automatically boots up to the Shield when it turns on. I usually just use the main projector's menu for switching HDMI inputs. I froze all the stock apps, and now everything is in English. So, no, I'm not using the built in apps. Regarding the volume controls from the Harmony, I think I might get a soundbar in the future that Harmony can control. I'm just really trying to consolidate everything into this remote.
post #1695 of 1697 Old 02-15-2020, 09:16 AM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 78
To make a long story short I ended up setting up an ALR screen with the Mija 4k projector, and right away the brightness level dropped dramatically. The black levels were improved, but the brightness is just not very good compared to a standard white screen. Anyone have calibrated SDR/HDR settings with good brightness levels for an ALR screen to share?

post #1696 of 1697 Old 02-16-2020, 03:31 AM

Quote:
I just started having this problem after daily use of mine since July of 2019. It is very odd in that if I turn the projector off for only 30 minutes or so, it comes right back on, but once it cools completely down it takes 30 seconds to a minute or so to finally display a picture.
Hey Ben, any solution to your slow bootup problem that others are having? I've only had mine for a couple months now, but the posts on here lately have got me thinking that these problems will show up sooner or later. Maybe the Fengmi 4k will fare better in the long run, but it might be too soon to tell.
post #1697 of 1697 Old 02-17-2020, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Hey Ben, any solution to your slow bootup problem that others are having? I've only had mine for a couple months now, but the posts on here lately have got me thinking that these problems will show up sooner or later. Maybe the Fengmi 4k will fare better in the long run, but it might be too soon to tell.
No, I just give it 45 seconds to a minute and it comes on. The weird thing is if I power it off and back on within an hour or so, it works correctly. Its almost like it isn't warm enough to display the picture yet. Very weird.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page