Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched. - Page 9 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 339Likes

post #241 of 1242 Old 04-16-2019, 03:01 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by drdoom2k View Post
Ouch, that translates to >100ms in all modes? Think this excludes the Xiaomi for Apache Legends then. Would the Vava or 4K version be any different?
Will check with a different Hdmi hub, while playing my switch the lag doesn't actually seem that high.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 1242 Old 04-17-2019, 05:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bix26 View Post
Might just be his camera, but it seems like there is a lot of clipping of the colors.
Yeah, colours look way oversaturated...they have admitted it was a non-professional shooting so might be the camera used (fingers crossed!)

G.
post #243 of 1242 Old 04-17-2019, 05:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 236 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Ouch, that translates to >100ms in all modes? Think this excludes the Xiaomi for Apache Legends then. Would the Vava or 4K version be any different?
Quote:
Originally Posted by da_103 View Post
Attached some screenshots, tested using my MacBook pro at 4k and 1080p. (This is with the projector set to game mode and at the specified refresh rate)

So we seem to be getting conflicting information and I feel I can shed some light.

First off here is the quote from somebody who owns this device that tested latency:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigermask76 View Post
I have used your link to test the input lag for gaming and it shows 15,3 ms, i will do more tests further.
The test used was this: https://www.testufo.com/mprt

What I think happened to cause the confusion is that the Macbook was most likely using a lower refresh rate or bandwidth (it happens all the time) and that tends to create such huge delay numbers.
I would feel better if we used a different device to test ideally a console. If we could get somebody to record using the console controller pressing a button and seeing the change on screen, then we could count the frames and that would give us a real world result of latency.

Reciever: DENON AVR-X7200WA using 7.2.4 with two center speakers (one behind the screen and one below it).
Amplifier: Emotiva XPA-5 Gen1
Projector: Xiaomi UST Laser Projector 4k (2019 edition).
My current setup: https://imgur.com/gallery/RnRc98a
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #244 of 1242 Old 04-17-2019, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oni222 View Post
So we seem to be getting conflicting information and I feel I can shed some light.

First off here is the quote from somebody who owns this device that tested latency:

The test used was this: https://www.testufo.com/mprt

What I think happened to cause the confusion is that the Macbook was most likely using a lower refresh rate or bandwidth (it happens all the time) and that tends to create such huge delay numbers.
I would feel better if we used a different device to test ideally a console. If we could get somebody to record using the console controller pressing a button and seeing the change on screen, then we could count the frames and that would give us a real world result of latency.
This was done on a 2018 MacBook pro that allows you to set the Refresh rate, again it measures the difference between one stop watch and what's being displayed. One Issue I can think of is the HDMI adapter causing the lag, but that's something I'll double check once I get a new output hub.
post #245 of 1242 Old 04-18-2019, 06:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by da_103 View Post
This was done on a 2018 MacBook pro that allows you to set the Refresh rate, again it measures the difference between one stop watch and what's being displayed. One Issue I can think of is the HDMI adapter causing the lag, but that's something I'll double check once I get a new output hub.
I understand what you are saying but keep in mind that just setting the refresh rate means nothing. For example the GPU will dictate the bandwidth it uses and the color. For example if it picks 4:4:4 it will most likely bottleneck depending on your supporting hardware. You can overclock it and that can help but for speed purposes going with a lower setup will be more beneficial.

Do you have any consoles like a ps4, xbox one etc to test with?

Reciever: DENON AVR-X7200WA using 7.2.4 with two center speakers (one behind the screen and one below it).
post #246 of 1242 Old 04-20-2019, 02:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Liked: 294
post #247 of 1242 Old 04-20-2019, 10:17 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Quote:
I have used your link to test the input lag for gaming and it shows 15,3 ms, i will do more tests further.
Hi,

I am looking to purchase it tomorrow online ( i live in the US), appreciate if you can let me know how this performs in ambient light. I heard that these are very good projectors and will not wash out even if there are a few lights on or some daylight coming in. Can you clarify? Anything else I should watch out for or expect?

Thanks
post #248 of 1242 Old 04-21-2019, 12:28 AM

Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Introextro View Post
Hi,

I am looking to purchase it tomorrow online ( i live in the US), appreciate if you can let me know how this performs in ambient light. I heard that these are very good projectors and will not wash out even if there are a few lights on or some daylight coming in. Can you clarify? Anything else I should watch out for or expect?

Thanks

The best way to use these UST projectors is combined with a lenticular projection screen:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hobbs47, drdoom2k, Vantri and 1 others like this.
post #249 of 1242 Old 04-21-2019, 07:06 AM

Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
Some ambient light won't cause any issues I'm using black out blinds that still allow some light to leak in and it looks amazing but did purchase a special ALR screen just in case.
srkmish likes this.

Last edited by da_103; 04-21-2019 at 04:41 PM.
post #250 of 1242 Old 04-21-2019, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Quote:
Hi,

Thanks
I had an LG OLED 55 B8 and been checking YouTube and and this thread regularly to make up my mind.

I ended up selling my TV and got this projector and I cannot insist on how good the quality of the image or video projected.

I am a Call of Duty die hard online gamer on PS4 Pro and I see no difference in my online gaming at all.

You will need to buy a proper screen for it and you are good to go. Mine is XY Screen 120”.

No picture nor video will do justice for it but giving up my LG OLED B8 for it has no regrets rather than full satisfaction.

Hope that helps.
oni222, srkmish, drdoom2k and 1 others like this.
post #251 of 1242 Old 04-21-2019, 07:28 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Thanks. I was thinking of the Wemax earlier with 7K lumens but the 4K has 5K. I will be able to use only a foldable screen so not many options i guess. Also my room has ambient light and though I can control it I intend to "almost" replace my tv with this projector so don't want to go through the process of pulling down the blinds ad turning off the lights everytime i intend to watch this. Any thoughts? Is the brightness comparable to the woman one pro 7K lumens?
post #252 of 1242 Old 04-21-2019, 10:40 AM

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Euphoria7 View Post
I had an LG OLED 55 B8 and been checking YouTube and and this thread regularly to make up my mind.

I ended up selling my TV and got this projector and I cannot insist on how good the quality of the image or video projected.

I am a Call of Duty die hard online gamer on PS4 Pro and I see no difference in my online gaming at all.

You will need to buy a proper screen for it and you are good to go. Mine is XY Screen 120”.

No picture nor video will do justice for it but giving up my LG OLED B8 for it has no regrets rather than full satisfaction.

Hope that helps.
I am actually coming from a C8 and currently thinking about options. Are you happy with the input lag on the projector and COD online? No lag or delay?
post #253 of 1242 Old 04-21-2019, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Thanks. I was thinking of the Wemax earlier with 7K lumens but the 4K has 5K. I will be able to use only a foldable screen so not many options i guess. Also my room has ambient light and though I can control it I intend to "almost" replace my tv with this projector so don't want to go through the process of pulling down the blinds ad turning off the lights everytime i intend to watch this. Any thoughts? Is the brightness comparable to the woman one pro 7K lumens?
Quote:

I never had an UST projector so I cannot tell the difference, I’m really happy with the purchase.

Quote:

Hope that helps.
I am actually coming from a C8 and currently thinking about options. Are you happy with the input lag on the projector and COD online? No lag or delay?
No lag and no delay, I’m prestige level 8 if that rings any bells.
srkmish and drdoom2k like this.
post #254 of 1242 Old 04-21-2019, 09:08 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sonny2160p View Post
The best way to use these UST projectors is combined with a lenticular projection screen:

Wowzers that looks AMAZING and is exactly the look I want to go for. I too have an OLED 65" and would love to sell it and just have the projector. So much less space and easier to move around. Would you say the PET Crystal Screen is essential? Are they heavy/easy to break/damage etc?

Please post more pics or a vid? HDR? 4K
srkmish likes this.
post #255 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 12:19 AM

Xiaomi MIJIA Laser Projector 4K version with 4K resolution launched.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ellisbailey View Post
Wowzers that looks AMAZING and is exactly the look I want to go for. I too have an OLED 65" and would love to sell it and just have the projector. So much less space and easier to move around. Would you say the PET Crystal Screen is essential? Are they heavy/easy to break/damage etc?

Please post more pics or a vid? HDR? 4K

Yes, I would say the PET crystal is essential for ambient light viewing, make sure to get the correct one though -> the one with fine horizontal lines, not black crystal one, Chinese websites often promote the wrong type for use with Xiaomi projectors.
The material is indeed delicate and I would suggest wearing medical gloves for installation as greasy fingers will make marks. It is very lightweight but sturdy.

Also after a few months of watching different types of video on my Wemax one pro I would suggest turning HDR from your sources to off, because the projector has some really strange pinkish tones in HDR mode and can’t seem to reach the full color sprectrum, it actually looks a lot better in non-hdr mode imo. 4k input on the other hand looks way better than 1080p input.

Last edited by Sonny2160p; 04-22-2019 at 12:22 AM.
post #256 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 07:09 AM

Quote:
Yes, I would say the PET crystal is essential for ambient light viewing, make sure to get the correct one though -> the one with fine horizontal lines, not black crystal one, Chinese websites often promote the wrong type for use with Xiaomi projectors.
The material is indeed delicate and I would suggest wearing medical gloves for installation as greasy fingers will make marks. It is very lightweight but sturdy.

Also after a few months of watching different types of video on my Wemax one pro I would suggest turning HDR from your sources to off, because the projector has some really strange pinkish tones in HDR mode and can’t seem to reach the full color sprectrum, it actually looks a lot better in non-hdr mode imo. 4k input on the other hand looks way better than 1080p input.

On my Xiaomi 1st gen (White non international version) has the same issue with HDR only instead of pinkish mine looks like white washed. All colors are much more white to the point that it looks disgusting. So HDR off is a must.

Can somebody with the new 4K version confirm if this is still an issue?

post #257 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 10:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 946 Post(s)
Liked: 294
I believe there's no US seller for this projector so where are you guys buying it from and is there a warranty or you are using your credit cards to cover the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
srkmish likes this.
post #258 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 11:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Movie78 View Post
I believe there's no US seller for this projector so where are you guys buying it from and is there a warranty or you are using your credit cards to cover the warranty.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk
Technically it looks like VAVA https://www. vava .com/p/VA-LT002
Is using the guts from the Xiaomi projector but we dont know 100%. There is a huge similarity in the hardware so if I had to bet it is the same internals.
They have changed the speakers and up until recently the remote was the same one as Xiaomi but now it looks like they put a different shell on it.

They also added another $1000 on the MSRP unless you buy from indiegogo (I never found the listing but others say it exist). The Indigogo listing is supposed to be $2500.

post #259 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 01:30 PM

Liked: 12
Thanks for your screen recommandations. I think I will get the Pet Crystal one. I'm having trouble differentiating between the "black crystal one" or the one with the horizontal lines, I don't want to make a mistake. Any hints ?
post #260 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 03:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 456 Post(s)
Liked: 488
Quote:

Very nice. Is 9-10 feet back from a 100" screen too ridiculous in an apartment? Opinions? Will I miss my 65" oled?

Benq HT3550/LG OLED65B6P /Panny UB820 4k Bluray/Apple TV 4k
Nvidia Shield/HDFury AVRkey/Samsung HW-K950 Soundbar
post #261 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 04:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by hobbs47 View Post
Very nice. Is 9-10 feet back from a 100" screen too ridiculous in an apartment? Opinions? Will I miss my 65" oled?
No, I watch at 120" at 10 feet. Expensive, but totally awesome. No, unless you have a fetish to watch movies in bright light.
srkmish likes this.

Xiaomi Mija Mi Laser UST 1080P (International), Sharp 4k 65", LG 4k 43", Nvidia Shield
post #262 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:

Hope that helps.
Do you have white walls? Does the XY screen help mitigate reflections if you have white walls?
post #263 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 05:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 264
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gae80uk View Post
Hi guys,

looks like there are some news from Vava 4K projector (Western version of Xiaomi 4K version) on their FB page

Launch date: 30th April 2019

Price: $2.5k (via indiegogo)

Specs/info here:
https://www.vava.com/p/VA-LT002

First teaser/unboxing/preview video here:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VHvS...GAohmwg2cBErmg

Thoughts? Worth to wait for the Optoma and LG USTs to step into the game?

G.
The retail is $3500 so it doesn't belong in this forum and there's already a dedicated thread for this Vava projector in the above $3500 forum! Please stop posting about this projector here.
JRock3x8 likes this.

Onkyo TX-NR807
Polk LSi15, Polk LSiC, Polk LSiF/X, Velodyne HGS12
Optoma HD80 on 106" Elite Aeon Cine grey, Samsung Q6FN (2018)
Xbox One X, Samsung UH750 Quantum Dot 28" UHD monitor
post #264 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 10:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by srkmish View Post
Quote:

Hope that helps.
Do you have white walls? Does the XY screen help mitigate reflections if you have white walls?
I’m posting 2 pictures for my PET XY screen in sunlight, not ambient, and at night. The picture reflected is dark but yes it helps mitigate the reflection.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	E62C33C3-4782-4A05-8903-F7D70073A515_1555998195028.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	14.4 KB
ID:	2557112   Click image for larger version

Name:	388B0EAE-373C-4012-AB7B-078925DE0F75_1555998212578.jpg
Views:	352
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	2557114  
srkmish likes this.
post #265 of 1242 Old 04-22-2019, 11:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yovel View Post
Thanks for your screen recommandations. I think I will get the Pet Crystal one. I'm having trouble differentiating between the "black crystal one" or the one with the horizontal lines, I don't want to make a mistake. Any hints ?

You need the one with horizontal lines!

Like this:

post #266 of 1242 Old 04-23-2019, 01:01 AM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
The tradeoff is always there. If you got a light controlled room then go with the white fixed frame screen (i would suggest Elite screen Sable 2 series with 1.1 gain).

And if there is a lot of ambient light then get the gray or darker screens. But obvioulsy at night time in total darkness you will loose brightness and punch and overall the picture will be darker.

Sent from my LG-H930 using Tapatalk
Nihar P likes this.
post #267 of 1242 Old 04-23-2019, 01:24 AM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:

the black crystal is a flat screen. you want to go for the PET alr screen ... do you have a contact for xy screens ? wendy chou is a good one ... i have her wahts app if you need it . Ive had the PET ALR for UST projectors int he past and now i have a long throqw projector with Black crystl screen.

I might be able to get you a discount if i speak to wendy as i have bought two screens already

BenQ W5700 | XY Screen 120" ALR Black Crystal - Gain 2.0 | Xbox one X | Soundbar
post #268 of 1242 Old 04-23-2019, 06:38 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by DivineMoshka View Post
the black crystal is a flat screen. you want to go for the PET alr screen ... do you have a contact for xy screens ? wendy chou is a good one ... i have her wahts app if you need it . Ive had the PET ALR for UST projectors int he past and now i have a long throqw projector with Black crystl screen.

I might be able to get you a discount if i speak to wendy as i have bought two screens already
That would be great ! I do not have a contact atm from xy screens. Thanks a lot DivineMoshka. And thank you Sonny2160p for the clarification.
post #269 of 1242 Old 04-23-2019, 04:12 PM

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
That would be great ! I do not have a contact atm from xy screens. Thanks a lot DivineMoshka. And thank you Sonny2160p for the clarification.

Yovel ... private message me with your whatsapp phone number and i will set you up with XY Screens .... how big is the screen you want 100" or 120" ? XY Screens can be any size including 110" they are less than other screens price wise but are really great.

BenQ W5700 | XY Screen 120" ALR Black Crystal - Gain 2.0 | Xbox one X | Soundbar
post #270 of 1242 Old 04-23-2019, 10:50 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I've been in contact with both Wendy and August at xy-screen and was not impressed with their professionalism. They are apparently colleagues, but use email addresses with different domains. They sent me a link to a screen that cost almost as much as the projector and was pulled from Amazon (https://www.amazon.com/120-inch-Reje.../dp/B07KB11HJQ). When I told Wendy my budget for a projector screen she laughed in my face with this classy reply: "Your budget is $300USD ??????????????"

Projecting onto my beige wall already looks spectacular to me, and I doubt paying $1000+ will improve the picture quality 1000 times.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page