AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/)
-   Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/)
-   -   Odd problem with Epson 5020UB (https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-digital-projectors-under-3-000-usd-msrp/3049040-odd-problem-epson-5020ub.html)

emilime75 02-07-2019 06:59 PM

Odd problem with Epson 5020UB

2 Attachment(s)
For the past few days, my projector has had this little ring show up in the image randomly. It stays for a few seconds and then goes away. It's done this about 3 times, so far.

Anyone ever see this?

magnification 02-07-2019 07:55 PM

Hmmm, those images just aren't loading at my end.

descalabro 02-08-2019 02:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by magnification (Post 57567994)
Hmmm, those images just aren't loading at my end.

Not loading here, either.

KenWH 02-08-2019 05:13 PM

Not loading for me either. Seems a forum wide issue as of late...some folks' images load properly but most do not...at least for me anyway. :confused:

emilime75 02-08-2019 05:13 PM

Not sure what the deal is. I created the thread on my phone, and now being on a Windows machine I can see/click the thumbnails which tries to load them, but never does. I'll try again using another method.

EDIT: On a Windows machine, I am able to open/view them by right clicking on the thumbnail and selecting "Open link in new tab".

magnification 02-08-2019 09:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilime75 (Post 57572570)
EDIT: On a Windows machine, I am able to open/view them by right clicking on the thumbnail and selecting "Open link in new tab".

I had tried that but no luck still.

descalabro 02-09-2019 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KenWH (Post 57572568)
Not loading for me either. Seems a forum wide issue as of late...some folks' images load properly but most do not...at least for me anyway. :confused:

Indeed.

descalabro 02-09-2019 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by emilime75 (Post 57572570)
Not sure what the deal is. I created the thread on my phone, and now being on a Windows machine I can see/click the thumbnails which tries to load them, but never does. I'll try again using another method.

I can open the first one, but the second one appears very small.

Anyway, does this ring issue happen with different sources?

KenWH 02-09-2019 09:05 AM

Odd thing I just discovered...if I click the op's thumbnails I get the small black box with the loading circle going round and round. It will stay like this indefinitely. However, if i click the black loading box the pics come up full size instantly. Normally you should just be able to click the thumb you want to enlarge and it loads after second then the full size pic pops up. Why I now have to manually click the loading box is a mystery. Again, some peoples' thumbs/pics still work properly and some require the extra click.?.?.

Edit:

As to OP's problem...that is odd...a perfect blue outline of a circle in the middle of the image. I'm not familiar with the settings/adjustments on Epsons but could it be some sort of "spot" focus adjustment aid that the pj can move around the image to fine tune focus or rgb convergence.?.? It's too perfect of a circle...it's like it's supposed to be there, obviously not all the time, but it looks like something the pj is projecting for a purpose.

Edit 2:
To clarify if your stuck with the infinite loading box screen after clicking on the thumbs...left click on the loading circle. Full size image should now pop up after a second or so.

magnification 02-09-2019 09:13 AM

This is as far as I've gotten with loading the images. It just stops loading.

https://i.imgur.com/6rgMMx0.jpg