BenQ HT3550 True 4K Home Cinema Projector Review - Page 2 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 263Likes

post #31 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 08:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2700 Post(s)
Liked: 2664
Quote:
Originally Posted by lstek View Post
Thanks for the review. What screen did you use and size? Any thoughts on the approx lumen output of the different modes? Looking forward to the 2050A comparison.

100” Silver Ticket 1.1

https://www.silverticketproducts.com...cts/str-169100

I did some calculations to try and figure out fL but my Lux meter is so crude I couldn’t get consistent results. I decided not to post as I’m not confident in the data. Projector central will likely come through here.

My guess is D Cinema (filter) is below 1000 lumens. The other modes are more or less comparable to the HT2550. So maybe 1400/1500 lumens? But that’s strictly a guess and my lamp is not yet at 100 hrs. It’s not quite as bright as the Ht2050A but then the HT2050A is super bright for an RGBRGB.
jpbonadio likes this.

What to do if you find yourself stuck with no hope of rescue:
Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

-- Excerpt from the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 08:37 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 214
@sage11x Since I've not had the opportunity to view a 4K Projector, I'm really looking forward to the HT2050a comparison for better context for me.

Without going into detail, would you say there is no contest "on every level" between the HT3550 and the HT2050a? Meaning, is there anything that the 2050a does better, like motion handling, contrast/black level or 1080p in general? For me, if the HT2050a does anything better than the HT3550, it probably doesn't make sense for me to dump my HT2050a and spend 2X for the HT3550.
sage11x likes this.
post #33 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 09:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Is this level of input lag something you would notice playing games offline? I game a lot but not online competitive.
sage11x likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 09:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 147 Post(s)
Quoted: 3680 Post(s)
Liked: 2891
@sage11x , well done. It's clear that you've put a lot of effort into developing your projector reviewing skills. This was not only thoroughly informative but as fair and balanced as the best of the pro reviewers. Pointing out that this was an engineering sample and that some things may change reminds me of the projectorcentral.com review of the HT2550. The initial review was done with an engineering sample and they had to rewrite their review after they got a production sample because the performance was improved. So your follow-up with a production sample will be anticipated to see what might have changed for the better.

Speaking of the HT2550 it's clear now why its street price is falling fast. Once the HT3550 is being sold at the same original MSRP it's just going to kill HT2550 sales.
sage11x likes this.
post #35 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 09:43 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 83
@sage11x thanks for the comprehensive review. While I certainly value "professional" equipment reviews I have always paid closer attention to enthusiast reviews/opinions. Your assessment of the HT3550 confirmed my high hopes for this projector. It really appears to me that Benq paid attention to user comments from the first gen .47 DMD units and designed the HT3550 accordingly. The gaming input lag doesn't bother me since I regularly satisfy my Overwatch/FPS addiction on a 4K monitor. As I mentioned in an earlier post I really look forward to watching the unique animation/CGI style of Spider Verse in 4K on the 3550.
sage11x likes this.
post #36 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 10:13 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tonybradley View Post
@sage11x Since I've not had the opportunity to view a 4K Projector, I'm really looking forward to the HT2050a comparison for better context for me.

Without going into detail, would you say there is no contest "on every level" between the HT3550 and the HT2050a? Meaning, is there anything that the 2050a does better, like motion handling, contrast/black level or 1080p in general? For me, if the HT2050a does anything better than the HT3550, it probably doesn't make sense for me to dump my HT2050a and spend 2X for the HT3550.
The HT2050A has one clear advantage over the HT3550: Gaming.

That 16ms of lag is stupid fast and DLPs high motion resolution makes the HT2050A a really competitive gaming display. I actually much prefer it to my 10ms TN gaming monitor and while the performance is similar to my 16-20ms Panasonic S30-- I don't have to worry about IR on the BenQ.

Consider yourself lucky that life has been good to you so far. Alternatively, if life hasn't been good to you so far, which given your present circumstances seems to be more likely, consider yourself lucky that it won't be troubling you much longer...

post #37 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 10:19 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sage11x View Post
The HT2050A has one clear advantage over the HT3550: Gaming.

That 16ms of lag is stupid fast and DLPs high motion resolution makes the HT2050A a really competitive gaming display. I actually much prefer it to my 10ms TN gaming monitor and while the performance is similar to my 16-20ms Panasonic S30-- I don't have to worry about IR on the BenQ.
Thanks Sage. I'm not a gamer, so the Lag means zilch to me. I'm 100% movies with 99% of that being physical discs. I am still eager to read your comparison review in the future, but if that's the main clear advantage, the HT2050a will continue to have a permanent home in my room

EDIT- sorry, I confused myself. The 2050a has the clear advantage with the lag. duh. I was thinking backwards. What I'm interested in knowing is if the HT3550 has clear advantages in everything else, or just resolution.

Last edited by tonybradley; 02-26-2019 at 10:29 AM.
post #38 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 10:41 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks Sage. I'm not a gamer, so the Lag means zilch to me. I'm 100% movies with 99% of that being physical discs. I am still eager to read your comparison review in the future, but if that's the main clear advantage, the HT2050a will continue to have a permanent home in my room
Hm, not sure if you misunderstood or maybe I wasn't clear.

What I was saying is the HT2050A's advantage over the HT3550 is it's gaming prowess.

The HT3550's advantages over the HT2050A are numerous. But that's really not surprising as it's a 4K projector that retails for twice the price. Whether it's worth it to you to step up from HD to 4K is only a decision you can make. How much is that $750 worth to you?

post #39 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 10:42 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Hm, not sure if you misunderstood or maybe I wasn't clear.

What I was saying is the HT2050A's advantage over the HT3550 is it's gaming prowess.

The HT3550's advantages over the HT2050A are numerous. But that's really not surprising as it's a 4K projector that retails for twice the price. Whether it's worth it to you to step up from HD to 4K is only a decision you can make. How much is that $750 worth to you?

post #40 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 10:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samfield View Post
@sage11x thanks for the comprehensive review. While I certainly value "professional" equipment reviews I have always paid closer attention to enthusiast reviews/opinions. Your assessment of the HT3550 confirmed my high hopes for this projector. It really appears to me that Benq paid attention to user comments from the first gen .47 DMD units and designed the HT3550 accordingly. The gaming input lag doesn't bother me since I regularly satisfy my Overwatch/FPS addiction on a 4K monitor. As I mentioned in an earlier post I really look forward to watching the unique animation/CGI style of Spider Verse in 4K on the 3550.
Thanks!

I agree and that's a sentiment that my contact has shared frequently.

post #41 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave in Green View Post
@sage11x, well done. It's clear that you've put a lot of effort into developing your projector reviewing skills. This was not only thoroughly informative but as fair and balanced as the best of the pro reviewers. Pointing out that this was an engineering sample and that some things may change reminds me of the projectorcentral.com review of the HT2550. The initial review was done with an engineering sample and they had to rewrite their review after they got a production sample because the performance was improved. So your follow-up with a production sample will be anticipated to see what might have changed for the better.

Speaking of the HT2550 it's clear now why its street price is falling fast. Once the HT3550 is being sold at the same original MSRP it's just going to kill HT2550 sales.
Thanks, Dave, that means a lot.

Part of my issue is I'm a geek. I get enthusiastic about this stuff. I've really tried to parse out my review to make sure I'm communicating my opinions as clearly as possible.

The HT2550 is actually EOL. In Europe they will get an updated version of the W1700 this year but here in the states the TK800 will continue on alone.
Dave in Green likes this.

post #42 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 12:07 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
You know I just didn’t spend as much time with 3D. Maybe watched an hour or more of content just to make sure the feature worked.

Here are the movies I demoed:

Inside Out
Moana
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey
Dredd 3D
Pacific Rim

Honestly I didn’t even know Avengers came out in 3D... you can still buy 3D movies?

The issue I experienced with Avengers is strictly a firmware bug NOT a hardware issue. Keep in mind this is a VERY early pre-production sample so issues like that are expected. I have every confidence in BenQ to fix the issue. Clearly, the iris worked well the majority of the time. I’ll update everyone when I can.
@sage11x

Nice review, will like to see a compassion between Iris vs Smart Eco. Iris + Eco Mode and with Wide Color (and vise versa) , just to have an idea lost Lumen or Screen Size and Contrast performance, etc. And of course same for 3D (1080p). I notice in BenQ specs, it have various Color Wheel speed, gave me the impression was capable to do 1080p/120hz, is that incorrect ?
sage11x likes this.
post #43 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 12:16 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Everyone needs to remember that the Epson 4010, a projector praised for it’s contrast/blacks, measures the same native contrast as an HT2050A. An iris, the smart application of contrast algorithms and quality HDR tone mapping can make all the difference.[/QUOTE]

Speaking of the Epson 4010, how does this BenQ stack up against it? Or even the Epson 5040 UB?
sage11x and n84china like this.
post #44 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 03:36 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Great review!
Now where can I pre-order, Amazon still has it at $1900 and shipping in 2-3 month
sage11x likes this.

BenQ HT1075 Projector || Elite Screens VMAX2 106" Screen || Samsung 63" Plasma || Denon AVR-X4400H
Pioneer FS51 Towers || Pioneer FS22 Surrounds || Pioneer FS21 Rear Surrounds || Pioneer C21 Center || 4 x Micca COVO-S ATMOS Top || RBH I-12 Sub + BIC F12
post #45 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 04:54 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannoo View Post
Great review!

Now where can I pre-order, Amazon still has it at $1900 and shipping in 2-3 month

Yeah, none of the vendors know when it’s shipping. Don’t worry, it’s on it’s way.
Hannoo likes this.

post #46 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 05:00 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph11 View Post
@sage11x

Nice review, will like to see a compassion between Iris vs Smart Eco. Iris + Eco Mode and with Wide Color (and vise versa) , just to have an idea lost Lumen or Screen Size and Contrast performance, etc. And of course same for 3D (1080p). I notice in BenQ specs, it have various Color Wheel speed, gave me the impression was capable to do 1080p/120hz, is that incorrect ?

Eco lamp mode in D Cinema or HDR wide color was too dark for my space. I only have a 100” screen but my room is far from a bat cave. In a better room I think it would be possible but my guess is most people will run the projector in normal with the filter engaged.

SmartEco lamp dimming is a nice option to have but the performance is not nearly as good as the iris and, besides the issue I mention near the end, the iris is no more visible in operation. Once I determined that I left the iris on for the duration of my testing.

1080p @ 120Hz is possible and Scott, another member who got an early look, has shown proof of it in his review.

post #47 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 05:09 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBran24 View Post
Everyone needs to remember that the Epson 4010, a projector praised for it’s contrast/blacks, measures the same native contrast as an HT2050A. An iris, the smart application of contrast algorithms and quality HDR tone mapping can make all the difference.

Speaking of the Epson 4010, how does this BenQ stack up against it? Or even the Epson 5040 UB?[/QUOTE]

That’s a good question!

Hopefully Projector central will do a comparison as they’ve shown a proclivity for these kind of shootouts in the past. My only fear is there is too much of a price gap between the two. $500 isn’t THAT much but it is a lot in this price range.

They do have ONE big thing in common and that’s that both of them offer filters to enable DCI-P3 color reproduction. So maybe PJC can use that as an excuse.

post #48 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 07:18 PM

Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Where!? I need photo evidence of this.

I can’t remember the last time I saw a new release 3D Blu-Ray for sale. It was probably Moana and I had to order it. Haven’t seen one since.
Both are available on amazon

sparky7 likes this.
post #49 of 525 Old 02-26-2019, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnification View Post
Both are available on amazon

Ah ha! So is it that 3D is more popular in Europe and the UK? I have not seen a 3D Blu-ray on the shelf of my local big box in ages.

post #50 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 03:02 AM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 186 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Support for SDR/BT2020?

Greetings Sage, thanks for the detail review.

1. I'm currently using a chinese made Lune4K, and wonder if the w2700 would offers significant improvement or if I should wait for the w5700. The Lune4K, like most projectors, don;t do HDR well. The JVC/Panasonic crowd basically has to resort to using SDR/BT2020 mode on the panasonic, and engage the Gamma 2.4 curve on the JVC in order to get decent performance. Does the 2700 have support for such features? Can the HDR mode be turned off manually/
2. It's good to see HLG support. Current the panasonic performs HLG-->HDR mapping, but result is not satisfactory. Does this mean with the 2700, HLG signal can be sent straight to the projector, by passing the panasionic player?
3. Does the projector support 60Hz @4.2.2/12bits?
4. Horizontal lens shift?
5. What's the TI chipset used?

Many thanks and best regards,
post #51 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 06:20 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

BenQ HT3550 True 4K Home Cinema Projector Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by qoopy View Post
Support for SDR/BT2020?

Greetings Sage, thanks for the detail review.

1. I'm currently using a chinese made Lune4K, and wonder if the w2700 would offers significant improvement or if I should wait for the w5700. The Lune4K, like most projectors, don;t do HDR well. The JVC/Panasonic crowd basically has to resort to using SDR/BT2020 mode on the panasonic, and engage the Gamma 2.4 curve on the JVC in order to get decent performance. Does the 2700 have support for such features? Can the HDR mode be turned off manually/
2. It's good to see HLG support. Current the panasonic performs HLG-->HDR mapping, but result is not satisfactory. Does this mean with the 2700, HLG signal can be sent straight to the projector, by passing the panasionic player?
3. Does the projector support 60Hz @4.2.2/12bits?
4. Horizontal lens shift?
5. What's the TI chipset used?

Many thanks and best regards,

1. Never seen the Lune4k but I can definitely tout the HT3550’s prowess with HDR material. BenQ has equipped the HT3550 with their new HDR PRO tone mapping feature— the same one that is debuting on their new, $9000 HT9060– and it does a phenomenal job. Projectors will never have the HDR capabilities of flatscreens which is why effective tone mapping is so crucial. Don’t take my word for it— in his preview of the Ht9060, Chris Eberle of Secrets said: “It’s the first true implementation of “projector HDR” I’ve seen that actually works well. My initial notes are filled with positive adjectives.”

2. HLG can be sent directly to the projector but unfortunately I was not able to test this as I have no HLG sources.

3. It should, yes, but understand this is not a 12 bit display (obviously). I may have a way to confirm this with my PC but it will have to wait until I receive my sample back. Might want to address this to Scott in the other thread.

4. No.

5. Uses a revised version of the DLP47 XPR that eliminates the light border of the first generation DMD.

post #52 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 06:23 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Speaking of the Epson 4010, how does this BenQ stack up against it? Or even the Epson 5040 UB?

That’s a good question!

Hopefully Projector central will do a comparison as they’ve shown a proclivity for these kind of shootouts in the past. My only fear is there is too much of a price gap between the two. $500 isn’t THAT much but it is a lot in this price range.

They do have ONE big thing in common and that’s that both of them offer filters to enable DCI-P3 color reproduction. So maybe PJC can use that as an excuse. [/QUOTE]

Pricing in the US is unbeatable.
Outside we have:
Epson TW9400 (5050UB) $3k (2.5k on sale)
Epson TW9300 (5040UB) 3k ( (2.5k on sale)
Benq W2700 (HT3550) 2k
Benq 1110 (HT2050a) 1k
Cheapest JVC RS440 4k

This seems like a very solid entry from Benq, but do you think the pricing would come down still for the HT3550?

@qoopy
1/2.I believe HDR mode enables/disables itself automatically when it detects an HDR signal.
2. Not sure if this has 10gb or 18gb:
HDMI 2.0a specifications: https://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi...65a3GyrVEYQnM:
3. Only Lens Shift Vertical 100%~110%
https://www.benq.com/en-us/projector...fications.html
4.TI is Texas Instruments, the DLP chip that is being used.
post #53 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 08:51 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

BenQ HT3550 True 4K Home Cinema Projector Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post

That’s a good question!

They do have ONE big thing in common and that’s that both of them offer filters to enable DCI-P3 color reproduction. So maybe PJC can use that as an excuse.

Pricing in the US is unbeatable.
Outside we have:
Epson TW9400 (5050UB) $3k (2.5k on sale)
Epson TW9300 (5040UB) 3k ( (2.5k on sale)
Benq W2700 (HT3550) 2k
Benq 1110 (HT2050a) 1k
Cheapest JVC RS440 4k

This seems like a very solid entry from Benq, but do you think the pricing would come down still for the HT3550?

@qoopy
1/2.I believe HDR mode enables/disables itself automatically when it detects an HDR signal.
2. Not sure if this has 10gb or 18gb:
HDMI 2.0a specifications: https://www.google.com/search?q=hdmi...65a3GyrVEYQnM:
3. Only Lens Shift Vertical 100%~110%
https://www.benq.com/en-us/projector...fications.html
4.TI is Texas Instruments, the DLP chip that is being used.[/QUOTE]

I sincerely doubt it. Only because, honestly, The price is already so aggressive. Eventually, maybe, but I don’t anticipate that happening soon. The most direct competitor for the HT3550 is going to be the Optoma UHD51a and UHD51alv at $1700. That projector adds Alexa but lacks the HT3550’s iris, the DCI P3 filter, and the new tone mapping. It also uses the old DMd with the light border.

Only time (and comparisons) will tell but at it’s price the BenQ is going to be tough to beat. Another thing to consider is in Europe you guys will get a lower priced 4K RGBRGB in the form of the new W1720. So BenQ will ah e a lower priced alternative for those not wanting to spend as much.
noob00224 likes this.

post #54 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 09:27 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 235 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
[/I]
I sincerely doubt it. Only because, honestly, The price is already so aggressive. Eventually, maybe, but I don’t anticipate that happening soon. The most direct competitor for the HT3550 is going to be the Optoma UHD51a and UHD51alv at $1700. That projector adds Alexa but lacks the HT3550’s iris, the DCI P3 filter, and the new tone mapping. It also uses the old DMd with the light border.

Only time (and comparisons) will tell but at it’s price the BenQ is going to be tough to beat. Another thing to consider is in Europe you guys will get a lower priced 4K RGBRGB in the form of the new W1720. So BenQ will ah e a lower priced alternative for those not wanting to spend as much.
From Amazon.com: $1,902.74 + $435.36 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit
I think it's the EU+local taxes that makes things difficult. Don't know what the import fees are for the other stores, but not sure if I want to purchase something like this from abroad.

I want better black levels and was looking at the TW 9300/9400, so I don't think the W1720 will do the trick. I hope someone gets to test the HT3550 in a dark room to get an idea of what it can do in that respect. It's got killer combiation 3D + CFI + 4K HDR + [email protected] + Iris + throw range similar to HT2050 platform, simple swap.

BTW, i recently tested a Sony VPL-HW65ES on a slightly grey matte screen, but the showroom had white walls. The blacks/contrast looked slightly inferior to my W2000(HT3050). I thought I was going to see a difference but was kinda disappointing. The model is missing a lot of features as well.

Last edited by noob00224; 02-27-2019 at 09:31 AM.
post #55 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 11:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@sage11x

Would you mind sharing your Sony X700 settings that you used with this Projector? This is the player that I plan on purchasing. When I borrowed my friend's X700 to test 4K movies down converted to the 2050a, I realized I wouldn't know if I should use the 4:4:4, 4:2:2, etc. Afraid I get to a point I'd end up just using a 2x4.
post #56 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 12:57 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post

From Amazon.com: $1,902.74 + $435.36 Shipping & Import Fees Deposit
I think it's the EU+local taxes that makes things difficult.

I want better black levels and was looking at the TW 9300/9400, so I don't think the W1720 will do the trick. I hope someone gets to test the HT3550 in a dark room to get an idea of what it can do in that respect. It's got killer combiations 3D + CFI + 4K HDR + Iris + throw range similar to HT2050 platform, simple swap.

BTW, i recently tested a Sony VPL-HW65ES on a slightly grey matte screen, but the showroom had white walls. The blacks/contrast looked slightly inferior to my W2000(HT3050). I thought I was going to see a difference but was kinda disappointing. The model is missing a lot of features as well.

Go read my review! All my viewing was done in a dark room with moderate light control.

The HT3550 is not going to compete with LCOS projectors from Sony/JVC in terms of contrast/blacks. My guess is that 65ES was hampered by some combination of bad room, bad screen or bad setup. Maybe all three.

The HT3550 has excellent black levels for a DLP. Some people might take that as faint praise as DLP has never been known for having deep blacks. But here’s the thing: cost plays a role here.

The HT3550 has DCI-P3 color, a massively sharp 4K resolution and 4K MEMC — those are features that even multi thousand dollar projectors couldn’t match even a year ago. The difference is contrast/blacks. That’s what you are paying for these days and that is going to be the single biggest difference between a projector that costs 4 grand versus one that costs 2 grand. The other tough thing about projectors is the room plays a BIG role in the quality of picture you are able to achieve. In a poor room, even a hero projector is just going to look ‘OK’. That’s why you don’t see too many people putting JVCs in their living room. In that environment the advantages over a lower cost projector are going to be significantly reduced.

The HT3550 should represent a step up over your HT3050. Again, I expect that native contrast measurements (iris off) will fall behind the HT2050/HT3050. But with the iris on and watching HDR content the HT3550 is going to have a big advantage.
noob00224 likes this.

post #57 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 01:02 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
@sage11x

Would you mind sharing your Sony X700 settings that you used with this Projector? This is the player that I plan on purchasing. When I borrowed my friend's X700 to test 4K movies down converted to the 2050a, I realized I wouldn't know if I should use the 4:4:4, 4:2:2, etc. Afraid I get to a point I'd end up just using a 2x4.

Thanks to the HT3550’s improved performance and handling of HDR material I have returned my X800 to it’s default settings. Output resolution is at 4K, HDR is on auto, display type is TV (the Sonys offer a projector output that compresses HDR— I used that with the HT2550 but don’t need it anymore). I run picture mode ‘direct’ with no reduction in contrast or other image processing. Until I encounter material the HT3550 has issues with I just want the x800 to be a transport. I’ll keep you posted.

post #58 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 01:18 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks to the HT3550’s improved performance and handling of HDR material I have returned my X800 to it’s default settings. Output resolution is at 4K, HDR is on auto, display type is TV (the Sonys offer a projector output that compresses HDR— I used that with the HT2550 but don’t need it anymore). I run picture mode ‘direct’ with no reduction in contrast or other image processing. Until I encounter material the HT3550 has issues with I just want the x800 to be a transport. I’ll keep you posted.
Super. And sorry I mixed up the model. For some reason I thought you had the X700. As far as settings go, I figure they are similar.
post #59 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 01:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 48 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1639 Post(s)
Liked: 4773
Quote:
I have the x800 as well, but wouldn't you want to use original resolution?
post #60 of 525 Old 02-27-2019, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subacabra View Post
I have the x800 as well, but wouldn't you want to use original resolution?

Either way. Both do a fantastic job of up conversion.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
benq ht3550 , benq ht3550 not turning on , broken projector , projector troubleshooting

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page