To me arrived 9400 (6050). Summary record.
What has changed compared to 9300:
1. HDR is most important. Just a song. Now you do not need conversion into SDR, moreover, tonemapping the EPSON for my taste better than what madvr outputs. To configure tonemapping is now possible under any sequence with only one controller, which is invoked by button on the remote. About sallow skin and dark picture it is now possible to forget as about a bad dream. The picture in HDR is simply stunning. Yesterday even looked "Aquaman" ). The stupidity of the film, of course, rolls over, but there's just UHD reference. Also, in HDR, you can now stay in the same color mode and lamp power as watching SDR (I have this "Digital cinema" and ECO) without sacrificing the black level for the sake of overall brightness.
2. The algorithm works 4K shift - the test with letters (1/2/4K) shows that the smallest font has become more legible than in 9300, just the text in the browser or on the desktop clearer, with the letters as if drawn with a brush - a kind of approach, but in the movie works fine.
3. The quality of optics has increased, which can be seen from the almost perfect uniformity of focus over the entire area of the screen and the absence of problems with the geometry (in 9300 one corner was always a little overwhelmed, and the upper/lower edge of the screen (depending on the orientation of the projector) is more "soap" than the opposite).
4. The projector became noticeably quieter in all modes - both the cooling system and the operation of the auto-iris.
5. Increased "sensitivity" of the IR port, no matter where I point the remote - the reaction is immediate.
6. Native contrast (at least "Malevich" when auto-iris is disabled) has not changed by eye, but ANSI has clearly grown - it became immediately obvious already when you turn on the projector, just in the picture on the desktop, perhaps also due to the micro-contrast of better definition. In General, the contrast impression similar to the good old Pioneer plasma 5080. No modern LCD is not able to give a picture of this quality, better - only OLED with a bunch of its problems, preserved in the current generation of matrices.
7. Changed the algorithm of the auto-iris - it has become more aggressive, but it is a plus and a minus. On the one hand on the "Malevich" it closes to completely black and quite smoothly, not in steps, as it was in the "high speed" at 9300, on the other mode "normal" has become virtually indistinguishable from the "high speed" - in both cases, the "pumping effect" on appearing and disappearing on a black background titles became obvious, 9300 in the "normal" mode on the credits it was not, but until the end of the diaphragm was not closed. However, in addition to the credits, the effect of "pumping" in the films does not appear in any way, the auto-iris works smoothly and imperceptibly, so I left it on.
8. There was a "video equalizer" that allows you to very accurately adjust the gray scale.
9. Finally made HDMI 18 gbps.
That's actually all. Draw your own conclusions. As for me, the company has released a worthy successor 6040/9300, improving it in almost all respects and maintaining a reasonable (former) price.
Last edited by shartm; 06-11-2019 at 12:20 AM.