THE Epson 5050UB/6050UB Thread - Page 78 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1123Likes

post #2311 of 3427 Old 07-09-2019, 06:33 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtorrence3 View Post
Went from Sony 40es to Epson 6050 myself. I'm impressed and content with the upgrade even with 1080p content.
Thanks, that reinforces DR. Bill's testimony!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2312 of 3427 Old 07-09-2019, 05:49 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 35
I'd just like to get some opinions on this setup. I've modeled my townhouse that I'll be moving into at the end of the month. I expect to get an Epson 5050UB. It looks like I can fit 120-135", but a 135" is just way too big. Sweet spot seating position is between 11 and 12 feet depending on how far back the recliner goes. The room is 18' 1" wide, and 12' 8" deep.

I cannot use exact models so I had to improvise. The tall vases are my stereo speakers. The table in the corner is a subwoofer. The purple Eddie Van Halen looking artwork are acoustic panels. The big photo on the wall is an approximation of a 135" screen (118" x 66"). The projector lens is about 16' 5" from the screen. This puts me almost right in the middle of the lens zoom according to online projector calculators. I believe I can put the projector inside a closet that sits behind the seating position by several feet. I can put a shelf in there, or possibly hang it from the built-in closet shelf or ceiling. I think I will use a gray screen. Is anyone using a Silver Ticket or Elite Screens gray screen with the 5050UB? The walls will be white and I do not expect to paint them. Should the gray help this situation? I will put blackout curtains over the windows and there are only 2 windows in this area.

Is there any information on the beam angle of the projector output? I am trying to figure out if the light cone will be too wide such that it may hit the wall if I project from the closet, across the hallway. I am assuming it will be OK but I really have on idea. At this distance, projectorcentral calculator shows 52fL with a 120" 1.0 screen. Is this a lot? I do not like a super bright picture. I had a BenQ HT1075 awhile back and even on low with a 1.1 gain white screen I always thought it was way too bright and it often made my eyes hurt. I'm hoping a gray screen will be less of an eye strain for me but I'm not sure how to quantify the measurement of 52fL. I spend a lot of time in the dark when watching TV/movies whether it's with a TV or projector.

Any thoughts on this setup are appreciated. Can anyone see a better way to position the seating?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Pembroke_Living Room-4.png
Views:	83
Size:	2.21 MB
ID:	2589222   Click image for larger version

Name:	2019-07-09.png
Views:	66
Size:	985.0 KB
ID:	2589224  

Last edited by Greg121986; 07-09-2019 at 05:53 PM.
post #2313 of 3427 Old 07-09-2019, 07:29 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg121986 View Post
I'd just like to get some opinions on this setup. I've modeled my townhouse that I'll be moving into at the end of the month. I expect to get an Epson 5050UB. It looks like I can fit 120-135", but a 135" is just way too big. Sweet spot seating position is between 11 and 12 feet depending on how far back the recliner goes. The room is 18' 1" wide, and 12' 8" deep.

I cannot use exact models so I had to improvise. The tall vases are my stereo speakers. The table in the corner is a subwoofer. The purple Eddie Van Halen looking artwork are acoustic panels. The big photo on the wall is an approximation of a 135" screen (118" x 66"). The projector lens is about 16' 5" from the screen. This puts me almost right in the middle of the lens zoom according to online projector calculators. I believe I can put the projector inside a closet that sits behind the seating position by several feet. I can put a shelf in there, or possibly hang it from the built-in closet shelf or ceiling. I think I will use a gray screen. Is anyone using a Silver Ticket or Elite Screens gray screen with the 5050UB? The walls will be white and I do not expect to paint them. Should the gray help this situation? I will put blackout curtains over the windows and there are only 2 windows in this area.

Is there any information on the beam angle of the projector output? I am trying to figure out if the light cone will be too wide such that it may hit the wall if I project from the closet, across the hallway. I am assuming it will be OK but I really have on idea. At this distance, projectorcentral calculator shows 52fL with a 120" 1.0 screen. Is this a lot? I do not like a super bright picture. I had a BenQ HT1075 awhile back and even on low with a 1.1 gain white screen I always thought it was way too bright and it often made my eyes hurt. I'm hoping a gray screen will be less of an eye strain for me but I'm not sure how to quantify the measurement of 52fL. I spend a lot of time in the dark when watching TV/movies whether it's with a TV or projector.

Any thoughts on this setup are appreciated. Can anyone see a better way to position the seating?
To check if beam angle is a problem, here is the lens shift specification:
Vertical: ±96.3(H center, powered)
Horizontal: ±47.1(V center, powered)

This unit is fairly large, so make sure there is enough space in the closet:
Including feet: 20.5" x 17.7" x 7.6" (W x D x H)

The 5050UB has good blacks/shadow detail (contrast), so putting it in a room with white walls will negate that.
The cheaper version of this projector, the 4010HC could work, it has worse contrast and a 10GB HDMI chip, so no 4K HDR 60Hz.
As it's been suggested on this tread, paint or fabric is highly recommended. In your case the ceiling is closest to the screen, so that would be the priority.
On the floor a dark colored carpet would do, and retractable fabric curtains just on each side of the screen.

The BenQ HT1075 and 5050UB have about the same lumens on ECO.
https://www.projectorreviews.com/ben...w-performance/
https://www.projectorreviews.com/eps...ess-sharpness/

ND filters are an alternative to reduce brightness.

Can't speak for the Silver Ticket, but I had a Elite Cinegrey 1.0 gain (matte grey) screen with a similar Benq PJ (106" screen, at x1.5 throw range, ~500h lamp time). It had better black details than a white screen (and an Cinegrey 3D ALR screen), but it killed the colors and whites.

Generally, a grey screen will do just that, absorb light and darken the picture in the process. I have seen pictures with grey screens/paints that have good color reproduction though.
A too dark grey screen could diminish HDR, since HDR requires bright highlights.

This type of screen will also help with reflections from walls, but only in a limited way since it's just absorbing light and not reflecting it back. For that, an ALR screen could be the answer, but they are expensive and depending on the model and setup, they could have downsides in terms of picture quality. Many ALR's have a positive gain, but there are some with a negative gain as well.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/23-sc...ey-screen.html

I can't tell what's on the wall/part of of the room to the left of the current seating arrangement, but that could be used instead. Ceiling installation would be required in that case.

Last edited by noob00224; 07-09-2019 at 07:41 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2314 of 3427 Old 07-09-2019, 08:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gellert View Post
Beam angle has nothing to do with lens shift.

He's asking about the width /height of the beam itself because he's considering placing it inside a closet. I'm guessing that would involve a bit of trigonometry if you had the exact distances and sizes of the closet space, screen wall, and throw distance.
Can't read the text, please use tapatalk.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01.JPG
Views:	43
Size:	304.2 KB
ID:	2589312  
post #2315 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 05:16 AM

Correct, I am not concerned with the available lens shift. I may mount the projector at the center of the screen, but I may also mount it up higher to get it out of the way of people walking by. I will experiment first before deciding on a permanent solution.

My concern is the actual cone of light that the projector will shoot out. I have attached some pics from the screen's perspective, and from the projector perspective. The wall in question is highlighted in green.

I think it should be OK. This is all a rough estimate, but judging by the screenshot from the projector perspective, I can still see the entire screen without the wall being in the way, so I would assume that the wall won't interfere.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	3.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	199.7 KB
ID:	2589368   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.JPG
Views:	53
Size:	150.9 KB
ID:	2589370  
post #2316 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 06:13 AM

Quote:
Correct, I am not concerned with the available lens shift. I may mount the projector at the center of the screen, but I may also mount it up higher to get it out of the way of people walking by. I will experiment first before deciding on a permanent solution.

My concern is the actual cone of light that the projector will shoot out. I have attached some pics from the screen's perspective, and from the projector perspective. The wall in question is highlighted in green.

I think it should be OK. This is all a rough estimate, but judging by the screenshot from the projector perspective, I can still see the entire screen without the wall being in the way, so I would assume that the wall won't interfere.
This room looks made to order for a ultra short throw projector!
skylarlove1999 likes this.
post #2317 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 06:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBPUFF View Post
This room looks made to order for a ultra short throw projector!
I am keeping an eye out for the new UST projectors that I've seen discussed around here, but I'm also not too keen on waiting until the end of the year. If I see the 5050ub show up for a double digit % off, I'm probably going to just pull the trigger. I am weary of the Xiaomi stuff. The 60hz frame rate lock is a deal breaker. I also want something with really good color. My last BenQ HT1075 was really great for the fact that I spent almost no money on it. The goal for the next projector is to take a real major leap forward from the BenQ HT1075.
post #2318 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 08:03 AM

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 248 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
I think I will use a gray screen. Is anyone using a Silver Ticket or Elite Screens gray screen with the 5050UB? The walls will be white and I do not expect to paint them. Should the gray help this situation? I will put blackout curtains over the windows and there are only 2 windows in this area.
I'm running my 5050 on a Silver Ticket grey screen. Projector is ~15ft, seating is at 12', and the screen is 16:9 110". They grey screens will increase the contrast / help with getting blacker blacks in a room without good light control. But if you're going to have blackout curtains that can truly black out the room, you might appreciate the higher gain for the HDR of a white screen.

Video: Epson 5050 / nVidia Shield / OPPO-103
Audio: Marantz 7010 / MartinLogan Motion 40 (LR), 50XT (center), M2 (surrounds)
Streaming: nVidia Shield / Roku Ultra / Chromecast Ultra
NAS: Synology 1515+ Server: Ubuntu 18.04, i7-8700 CPU
HTPC: Win10 Pro 64-bit, i5 750 Radeon HD 5850
post #2319 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 11:38 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Just ordered a 5050UB. How compatible is my Denon AVR-991?

https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-991.../dp/B003M6A27A

What part of the projector would work, and what part won't be as utilized with it? Looks like it's new enough to support 3D.
post #2320 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 01:21 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 16 Post(s)
Quoted: 319 Post(s)
Liked: 208
Quote:
Originally Posted by FendersRule View Post
Just ordered a 5050UB. How compatible is my Denon AVR-991?

https://www.amazon.com/Denon-AVR-991.../dp/B003M6A27A

What part of the projector would work, and what part won't be as utilized with it? Looks like it's new enough to support 3D.
The that AVR does not support hdmi 2.0 and does not support 4k at the spec level that the Projector can handle. You should be able to get 4K at 24fps but highly limited support due to no security. You likely will want to upgrade your AVR. Most AVR's today will be a upgrde and get you up to speed for only a few hundred bucks maybe less.
FendersRule and dr bill like this.
post #2321 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 01:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks. My thinking is that my AVR-991 should support 1080p playback (as currently) including the Epson 4ke enhancement since iHDMI 1.4a does support 4k @ 24-30 FPS. The system would also support 3D, which I've never had before. So in this case, it meets my need for now and should just "work" with my PS3 and Xbox One.

When I want to actually playback 4k sources and also get HDR, then I will first want to get the appropriate player, but also will need to upgrade my AVR at that point as you've identified. I only have 1 UHD blu-ray right now...still primarily watch BD.

If I upgrade my AVR right now without having a 4k player, then I get zero benefit. Still can't play 4k sources, still can't get HDR...

Does my thinking make sense here? I'm thinking to upgrade in the future as a "package" deal...

My goal for now is to:

1) Replace my failing 8700UB.

2) Have bad ass 1080p Blu-ray picture quality. Play with the 4ke mode to see if it produces an even better image, or if it just blurs it up.

3) Have 3D support so I can start dabbling in that.

4) Have a much faster response rate for gaming.

My goal for the future would be to:

1) Replace AVR and get a UHD player that supports HDR to get the rest of the benefits of the 5050UB.
post #2322 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Thanks. My thinking is that my AVR-991 should support 1080p playback (as currently) including the Epson 4ke enhancement since iHDMI 1.4a does support 4k @ 24-30 FPS. The system would also support 3D, which I've never had before. So in this case, it meets my need for now and should just "work" with my PS3 and Xbox One.

When I want to actually playback 4k sources and also get HDR, then I will first want to get the appropriate player, but also will need to upgrade my AVR at that point as you've identified. I only have 1 UHD blu-ray right now...still primarily watch BD.

If I upgrade my AVR right now without having a 4k player, then I get zero benefit. Still can't play 4k sources, still can't get HDR...

Does my thinking make sense here? I'm thinking to upgrade in the future as a "package" deal...

My goal for now is to:

1) Replace my failing 8700UB.

2) Have bad ass 1080p Blu-ray picture quality. Play with the 4ke mode to see if it produces an even better image, or if it just blurs it up.

3) Have 3D support so I can start dabbling in that.

4) Have a much faster response rate for gaming.

My goal for the future would be to:

1) Replace AVR and get a UHD player that supports HDR to get the rest of the benefits of the 5050UB.
Fendersrule - go ahead and get a UHD player. They all have two HDMI's out, one goes directly to the 5050UB and one (configured for audio only) your AVR. If the UHD player has smart apps, you can use those for other 4K source material.
post #2323 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 03:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Thanks! That’s a good tip. I didn’t know that. Basically, it bypasses the AVR for video. Nice!

Well, I’m out for a celebration drink right now. I finally pulled the trigger. Lots of money....but having a projector is hands down worth it.

I’m curious how well it will perform over the 8700UB.

The 8700UB was an awesome projector for its time. It still looked really good too. I got 10 years of daily use out of it, which is better than most people get from TVs. Expecting an upgrade for 1080p.

The simple fact that you can adjust convergence on these is pretty mind blowing. With the 8700, it’s luck of the draw. My current one has good convergence.

I have a bat cave. Flat painted walls.

Last edited by FendersRule; 07-10-2019 at 03:56 PM.
post #2324 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGBPUFF View Post
Fendersrule - go ahead and get a UHD player. They all have two HDMI's out, one goes directly to the 5050UB and one (configured for audio only) your AVR. If the UHD player has smart apps, you can use those for other 4K source material.

That’s a great suggestion however they don’t ALL have two HDMI outputs. So make sure the player you choose does. Higher end players always do. My Samsung doesn’t but my Panasonic UB820 does.

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #2325 of 3427 Old 07-10-2019, 05:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:

You can use a floor plan of the room. Note the lens position. Decide on screen size. Take length of the screen and put in on the wall. Draw lines from the lens to the edges of the screen.

That's why I mentioned lens shift.
If the PJ is on the center of the screen, and the wall on the right blocks the beam, lens shift (to the left) can be used.

Last edited by noob00224; 07-10-2019 at 05:48 PM.
post #2326 of 3427 Old 07-11-2019, 06:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
You can use a floor plan of the room. Note the lens position. Decide on screen size. Take length of the screen and put in on the wall. Draw lines from the lens to the edges of the screen.

That's why I mentioned lens shift.
If the PJ is on the center of the screen, and the wall on the right blocks the beam, lens shift (to the left) can be used.
I understand what you're saying now. I didn't realize there was horizontal lens shift, I thought it was only vertical. At any rate, I expect to use very minimal lens shift. I'm pretty sure I have enough flexiblity with my placement such that I can optimize the projector placement.
post #2327 of 3427 Old 07-11-2019, 04:15 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 570 Post(s)
Liked: 217
Can a 5050/6050 owner please access the service menu via hold down Menu button 8 seconds then hit Esc twice and report the number next to # lamp replacements? I want to know if that number starts at zero or one for brand new A stock projectors. Thanks.
post #2328 of 3427 Old 07-12-2019, 11:06 AM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 228
Can someone please clarify if 6050 unit is the same as 9400?

Epson 5050UB (USA) CR is 1m:1
Epson 6050UB (USA) CR is 1.2m:1
Epson 9400 (UK/EUROPE) CR is 1.2m:1.

Sent from my Moto G (5S) Plus using Tapatalk
post #2329 of 3427 Old 07-12-2019, 12:17 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 599 Post(s)
Liked: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv316 View Post

Only Epson could confirm if they are identical units and I doubt they're doing that to be honest. But the 6050 and the 9400 do share the same contrast ratio I can confirm that as can any website. Quite frankly they can't be identical because the power requirements are different between the various countries hence the need for different models.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
lganz316 likes this.
post #2330 of 3427 Old 07-12-2019, 01:06 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 656 Post(s)
Liked: 373
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Only Epson could confirm if they are identical units and I doubt they're doing that to be honest. But the 6050 and the 9400 do share the same contrast ratio I can confirm that as can any website. Quite frankly they can't be identical because the power requirements are different between the various countries hence the need for different models.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I reckon they are because the 5040 and 5050 share the same spec as the 9300 but the 6040 shares the spec of the 9400 including anamorphic mode which I don’t believe is present on the 5050.
lganz316 likes this.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
post #2331 of 3427 Old 07-12-2019, 01:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Can someone do me a favor and tell me what 4ke settings you use for 1080p sources, like Blu-ray? I'm really curious to see if 4ke on vs off for Blu-rays performs on the 5050UB. In the past, I've seen it "soften" up the image. Does the 5050UB still soften up 1080p images with this setting on?

My 5050UB arrives next week. Aside from checking/adjusting the convergence, and using the AVS calibration disk for brightness/contrast, I'm pretty much going to then start putting it to some use!

People have yet to talk about adjusting convergence, but I think that's such a cool feature. How is the convergence out of the box?

With my 8700UB, I never really cared to mess with the color profiles. It always to me looked good out of the box with the Cinema 2 setting--I use that setting for both gaming and for movies.

I'm sure with the 5050UB that there's a generally preferred setting for cinema/games that looks the most natural.

Last edited by FendersRule; 07-12-2019 at 02:13 PM.
post #2332 of 3427 Old 07-12-2019, 02:32 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Can someone do me a favor and tell me what 4ke settings you use for 1080p sources, like Blu-ray? I'm really curious to see if 4ke on vs off for Blu-rays performs on the 5050UB. In the past, I've seen it "soften" up the image. Does the 5050UB still soften up 1080p images with this setting on?

My 5050UB arrives next week. Aside from checking/adjusting the convergence, and using the AVS calibration disk for brightness/contrast, I'm pretty much going to then start putting it to some use!

People have yet to talk about adjusting convergence, but I think that's such a cool feature. How is the convergence out of the box?

With my 8700UB, I never really cared to mess with the color profiles. It always to me looked good out of the box with the Cinema 2 setting--I use that setting for both gaming and for movies.

I'm sure with the 5050UB that there's a generally preferred setting for cinema/games that looks the most natural.
Each disc is different based on the quality of the production, my rule of thumb is if it’s a grainy generally poor quality recording then I use 4K enhancement with either preset 1-2 but if the quality of record in top notch it use preset 3-4, I feel preset 5 is too much plus I leave the sharpness at the factory default of 5.

If you are find it softening the image I’d check the focus and convergence.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
post #2333 of 3427 Old 07-12-2019, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Hmm. I'm curious to find a one-size-fits-all setting since I won't be re-doing it for every movie. Personally, I like grain, and like unaffected images.

Sounds like I'll just need to play around with it using a range of Blu-rays and find out what works the best.
post #2334 of 3427 Old 07-13-2019, 01:13 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdtv316 View Post

Yes in international manual it is indicated like this.

Tw9400 same as 6050ub in the States
Tw8400 same as 5050ub in the States
Alaric and lganz316 like this.
post #2335 of 3427 Old 07-13-2019, 03:30 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Color Uniformity issue in HDR mode...

I've got the Epson 5050UB (1.01 Firmware) connected to a Windows 10 computer (Nvidia GeForce 1080 GTX -> Pioneer VSX-LX102 -> Epson) in HDR mode. Epson states that the Signal Status is HDR10. I haven't adjusted any HDR settings on the Epson so they should all be defaults. The Epson is in Digital Cinema color mode.

I quickly noticed that the center of the screen tends to have more green than it should and all around the border of the screen, there's too much red.

I tried using Menu -> Extended -> Display... -> Color Uniformity... adjustments, but they have zero effect on what I see in Windows after saving the settings. Just for fun, I tried maxing the settings so that the change would be completely obvious in that Color Uniformity adjustment area, but when I'd hit the Enter button on my remote to toggle back to Windows to check on those settings, it's as if I made no adjustments at all.

Do these adjustments only affect SDR output? I did notice that the screen went blank for a bit before displaying the adjustments screen -- this is something I usually only see when changing video modes.

I took a screen shot of the app output and verified in Photoshop using the color picker that it indeed was outputting a uniform white(ish) screen.

I then took a picture with my cell phone of the screen output, and used the color picker to sample the two different areas showing that indeed there are color issues in those areas.

I've included lots of example screenshots of settings, and examples of what I'm seeing. Has anyone else ran into this?
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	screenshot of output from app (uniform RGB 249, 249, 251).jpg
Views:	44
Size:	204.0 KB
ID:	2590370   Click image for larger version

Name:	Picture of left half of screen.jpg
Views:	45
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2590372   Click image for larger version

Name:	too much green.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	11.6 KB
ID:	2590374   Click image for larger version

Name:	too much red.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	11.3 KB
ID:	2590376   Click image for larger version

Name:	example extreme uniformity setting.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2590392  

Name:	example of extreme uniformity setting on Windows output.jpg
Views:	35
Size:	1.16 MB
ID:	2590394   Click image for larger version

Name:	video settings.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	109.6 KB
ID:	2590396  
post #2336 of 3427 Old 07-14-2019, 12:40 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post
Can a 5050/6050 owner please access the service menu via hold down Menu button 8 seconds then hit Esc twice and report the number next to # lamp replacements? I want to know if that number starts at zero or one for brand new A stock projectors. Thanks.
Mine shows 0.
WynsWrld98 likes this.
post #2337 of 3427 Old 07-14-2019, 04:22 AM

Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Hello friends

I have an Epson 5040(tw9300)

Is it a worth upgrade to jumping to 5050? Can you please tell me the most important side of buying 5050 over 5040?

Thank you
CallingMrBenzo likes this.
post #2338 of 3427 Old 07-14-2019, 05:48 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 589 Post(s)
Liked: 1265
Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post
Hello friends

Is it a worth upgrade to jumping to 5050? Can you please tell me the most important side of buying 5050 over 5040?

Thank you

Please take the time to read this thread. That has been asked and answered several times. This thread is not long and any purchase of this nature deserves some basic research.
Luminated67 likes this.

Marantz 7011- Panasonic UB-820- Xbox One X - Epson HC 5050UB *Calibrated by ChadB* - Elite Screen's 2:35:1 AT 115' - PSA MTM 110's L/C/R - Mixed Surrounds - SVS Elevations Atmos X2 - Dual PSA TV36 B&C Neo's *MiniDSP HD* Took the Red Pill BEQ
post #2339 of 3427 Old 07-14-2019, 07:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cemo62 View Post
Hello friends

Thank you
As @CallingMrBenzo said this particular question has been asked a few times so it would be best re-reading the entire thread but the short answer is yes it’s worth it as not only is it’s HDR ability night and day better it’s e-shift has improved as well.

post #2340 of 3427 Old 07-14-2019, 07:32 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by WynsWrld98 View Post
Maybe QC installed a new lamp at the factory during testing?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Photos Of My Theater | Vero 4K | Epson 5030UB + Peerless PRG-UNV | 100" EluneVision Reference 4K Screen | Onkyo TX-NR555 @ 5.2.2 | 4 x ADX Maximus w/ Dayton Audio SA230 | Polk Audio RTi A9 + CSi A6 + OWM3 + Micca M8C + SVS PC2000 | 40" HDTV w/ Z83V Mini PC + MoviePosterApp | Z83V + DietPi FTP Server + 3 x 8TB HDDs + 4 x DLink DHP-701AV
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5050 , Epson , frame interpolation , motion smoothing

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page