THE Epson 5050UB/6050UB Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 130 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1350Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #3871 of 4689 Old 10-15-2019, 07:58 PM
Member
 
Kelvin1000's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 190
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 148 Post(s)
Liked: 116
I believe they have serial numbers that are recorded when purchased and for warranty purposes so you won’t be able to swap different projectors...
Kelvin1000 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3872 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
HTX^2steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa - Florida
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 192
I see that Epson released two new home cinema projectors...the 3800 and the 3200. My understanding that these type projectors are for bright room displays? Looks like the contrast is a huge difference as well as the motorized features that the 5050 type have.

HTPC 5.1.2 on a budget...Epson 5050UB/120", 4-13.5" JL-Audio Subs, 4-10" JBL Woofers, 4 - Polk Surrounds, JBL Center, 2- Polk Presence speakers, 2 - Yamaha Atmos speakers, Adcom Sub Amp 555MKII, Yamaha Receiver TSR-7810
HTX^2steve is online now  
post #3873 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:10 AM
Member
 
newtodirecttv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTX^2steve View Post
I see that Epson released two new home cinema projectors...the 3800 and the 3200. My understanding that these type projectors are for bright room displays? Looks like the contrast is a huge difference as well as the motorized features that the 5050 type have.
Is this a recent release? Upgrade over the 5050UB?
newtodirecttv is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3874 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:13 AM
Senior Member
 
HTX^2steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa - Florida
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodirecttv View Post
Is this a recent release? Upgrade over the 5050UB?
I'm gonna say no?...just on the specs that the contrast is way less on the two new ones. I am hoping others weigh in on this...

HTPC 5.1.2 on a budget...Epson 5050UB/120", 4-13.5" JL-Audio Subs, 4-10" JBL Woofers, 4 - Polk Surrounds, JBL Center, 2- Polk Presence speakers, 2 - Yamaha Atmos speakers, Adcom Sub Amp 555MKII, Yamaha Receiver TSR-7810
HTX^2steve is online now  
post #3875 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodirecttv View Post
Is this a recent release? Upgrade over the 5050UB?
Not an upgrade. These are entry level projectors with Epson 4k eshift and HDR support. Designed with more lumens for living room conditions.

The 3800 is the replacement for the 3700.

The 3200 is the replacement for the 3100.

https://news.epson.com/news/home-cin...-4k-projectors

https://hdgear.highdefdigest.com/773...04kprouhd.html



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3876 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:23 AM
Member
 
newtodirecttv's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 31
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Ok, so right now in the under $3000 range is the 5050 UB still the one to beat?
newtodirecttv is offline  
post #3877 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:27 AM
Advanced Member
 
DavidinGA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: GA
Posts: 866
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 441 Post(s)
Liked: 144
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodirecttv View Post
Ok, so right now in the under $3000 range is the 5050 UB still the one to beat?
Probably...

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

--------------------------------------------------
Source: HTPC w/madVR, Video: Epson 5040, 150" 16:9, Audio: Onkyo RZ 830 avr, 5.1.4 Atmos setup. 5 speaker Energy C Series: L/R C300's, C C-C100, SR/SL C50's, 4 in-ceiling Micca R-8c. Subwoofer: MiniMarty um18 w/NX3000D.
DavidinGA is offline  
post #3878 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by newtodirecttv View Post
Ok, so right now in the under $3000 range is the 5050 UB still the one to beat?
I am biased towards Epson but yes. LOL . BenQ and Optoma have also been introducing some really high performing options under $3k as well. Here is a good article discussing some under $3K projectors.

https://www.projectorreviews.com/art...ectors-report/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3879 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 AM
Senior Member
 
HTX^2steve's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Tampa - Florida
Posts: 264
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
I am biased towards Epson but yes. LOL . BenQ and Optoma have also been introducing some really high performing options under $3k as well. Here is a good article discussing some under $3K projectors.

https://www.projectorreviews.com/art...ectors-report/

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
You have any pictures of your home theater setup? Looks nice from the avatar.

HTPC 5.1.2 on a budget...Epson 5050UB/120", 4-13.5" JL-Audio Subs, 4-10" JBL Woofers, 4 - Polk Surrounds, JBL Center, 2- Polk Presence speakers, 2 - Yamaha Atmos speakers, Adcom Sub Amp 555MKII, Yamaha Receiver TSR-7810
HTX^2steve is online now  
post #3880 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 09:25 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Posts: 7
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MississippiMan View Post
(...is that a Chief RPA357 Dedicated?)

That's close. Is there any chance to allow for a recessed Projector? A Closet behind the Rear Wall perhaps? The 5050 has enough Throw range and Lens Shift to be set upon a high Shelf or inverted and shoot through a Wall opening.

Otherwise, a 5050 setting just 18" directly above a row and running in Normal Lamp Mode will be heard by most. Low Lamp....not nearly so. If the front face of PJ can be placed just ahead of those seats, the Fan noise can be greatly reduced. The visual perspective of the top of the Screen from the rear seating won't be affected if the PJ's casing stays at least no more than 11" down from the Ceiling.

Ideally...if the screen size and throw distance required are amiable, placing the PJ as suggested with it's face just ahead of the 1st Row would be a best case scenario....usually. But perhaps not in this case as there may well be an alternative.

15" high Platform? Is that the second Row? Do you need that much height because your screen's bottom will be so low? Certainly not a 56" high 110"er? Your Room is 25' deep...so if you instead go up to 122" diagonal, you could set the 5050 all the way back almost or recessed into the rear wall....up high.
The 15" high platform is the third tier and the fourth row of seating. I'll try to dig up a photo of the set up in my previous theater when I get a chance.

I'm beginning to think it's not going to be an issue with throw distance to position the projector just behind the back row, ceiling mounted with the CHF4000 which I think adds 3.3" to the 7.6" of the 5050UB.
PaulDG is offline  
post #3881 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 11:13 AM
Senior Member
 
groggrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I know similar has been covered here before, but I need to ask about DirecTV 4k and the Epson 5050UB. I have both and have been checking out some of the 4k broadcasts. They are very washed out looking. Colors are dull and the entire image just looks dark. The 1080p channel looks way better on the 5050UB. I know DirecTV uses the HLG signal, and the project is definitely detecting that. I set the HLG brightness setting all the way down to 1, with power consumption at high, and still looks bad. Is there something wrong or is just my settings? I did buy the Spears & Munsil UHD calibration disc but haven't gone through it yet and don't know if it'll make a difference for that. All my other sources look great. Thoughts?
rupedogg24 likes this.
groggrog is offline  
post #3882 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 11:31 AM
Senior Member
 
rupedogg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC.
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by groggrog View Post
I know similar has been covered here before, but I need to ask about DirecTV 4k and the Epson 5050UB. I have both and have been checking out some of the 4k broadcasts. They are very washed out looking. Colors are dull and the entire image just looks dark. The 1080p channel looks way better on the 5050UB. I know DirecTV uses the HLG signal, and the project is definitely detecting that. I set the HLG brightness setting all the way down to 1, with power consumption at high, and still looks bad. Is there something wrong or is just my settings? I did buy the Spears & Munsil UHD calibration disc but haven't gone through it yet and don't know if it'll make a difference for that. All my other sources look great. Thoughts?
It's not you. I have the same issue when viewing the 4k channel 104. Lack of color is the biggest issue as you said. Looks flat and dull. I've tried Bright as well as normal settings and neither seem to work. Its def on the DTV side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Projector: Epson 5040ub DIY 140" Acoustic Screen
AVR: Onkyo RZ1100 (Main)
Blu-ray: PS4 -- Panasonic UB900
Speakers: 5.2.4 Atmos Sound System
Subwoofers: Dual Marty Cubes w/SI 18" - DIY Build w/SI 15"
rupedogg24 is offline  
post #3883 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 11:42 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
It's not you. I have the same issue when viewing the 4k channel 104. Lack of color is the biggest issue as you said. Looks flat and dull. I've tried Bright as well as normal settings and neither seem to work. Its def on the DTV side.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Do you have a color mode that you have set up to watch HDR content, because HLG is that broadcasting equivalent of BT.2020/HDR.

If anyone wants to see how good Football in 4K can look install the Fox Sports App. 4k feed. Don't sign in using your TV provider since some providers like YouTubeTV get the game blacked out on the app. You get 60 minutes free. You can delete and reinstall the app and that starts another free 60 minutes. This feed looks better than the Fubotv 4k feed and better than Amazon Prime feed for Thursday Night Football. The color format is still SDR on Fox Sports App, Amazon Prime and FUBOTV, so if DirecTV is too dark for you because of the HLG/HDR broadcast maybe give the Fox Sports App a try. Tomorrow night the NFL GAME and the ALCS game 4 should both be in 4K on the Fox Sports App.


Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3884 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 12:48 PM
Senior Member
 
groggrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Do you have a color mode that you have set up to watch HDR content, because HLG is that broadcasting equivalent of BT.2020/HDR.

If anyone wants to see how good Football in 4K can look install the Fox Sports App. 4k feed. Don't sign in using your TV provider since some providers like YouTubeTV get the game blacked out on the app. You get 60 minutes free. You can delete and reinstall the app and that starts another free 60 minutes. This feed looks better than the Fubotv 4k feed and better than Amazon Prime feed for Thursday Night Football. The color format is still SDR on Fox Sports App, Amazon Prime and FUBOTV, so if DirecTV is too dark for you because of the HLG/HDR broadcast maybe give the Fox Sports App a try. Tomorrow night the NFL GAME and the ALCS game 4 should both be in 4K on the Fox Sports App.


Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Is it 4k on the Fox Sports App even though it's SDR? What source device are you using that looks great?
groggrog is offline  
post #3885 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by groggrog View Post
Is it 4k on the Fox Sports App even though it's SDR? What source device are you using that looks great?
Yes it is 4k in SDR , no HLG. FOX SPORTS APP through a Roku ultra player hardwired through ethernet. The only native 4K sports broadcast so far has been that LSU vs Florida game last Saturday night. The NFL THURSDAY night game is 1080P that has been upscaled to 4K and then broadcast out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by skylarlove1999; 10-16-2019 at 01:04 PM.
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3886 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 08:55 PM
Senior Member
 
rupedogg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC.
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Do you have a color mode that you have set up to watch HDR content, because HLG is that broadcasting equivalent of BT.2020/HDR.

If anyone wants to see how good Football in 4K can look install the Fox Sports App. 4k feed. Don't sign in using your TV provider since some providers like YouTubeTV get the game blacked out on the app. You get 60 minutes free. You can delete and reinstall the app and that starts another free 60 minutes. This feed looks better than the Fubotv 4k feed and better than Amazon Prime feed for Thursday Night Football. The color format is still SDR on Fox Sports App, Amazon Prime and FUBOTV, so if DirecTV is too dark for you because of the HLG/HDR broadcast maybe give the Fox Sports App a try. Tomorrow night the NFL GAME and the ALCS game 4 should both be in 4K on the Fox Sports App.


Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I mainly use digital cinema. It's much brighter on this projector than my older 5040 so therefore usable.

The 4k football looks really really good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Projector: Epson 5040ub DIY 140" Acoustic Screen
AVR: Onkyo RZ1100 (Main)
Blu-ray: PS4 -- Panasonic UB900
Speakers: 5.2.4 Atmos Sound System
Subwoofers: Dual Marty Cubes w/SI 18" - DIY Build w/SI 15"
rupedogg24 is offline  
post #3887 of 4689 Old 10-16-2019, 10:26 PM
Senior Member
 
BIC2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Kansas City
Posts: 291
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 203 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Didn't use the cable port cover with the 6050 as it would have forced too much of a bend in the HDMI cables. The 6050 came with four, what look to be some kind of plastic cable clips, but can't figure out what they're for or how they work. Anybody know? Thanks.

Epson Pro Cinema 6050, Seymour Center Stage XD 130"w 150"d 16:9, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 BD/SACD, Harmony Elite Remote, 10 Seats
BIC2 is offline  
post #3888 of 4689 Old 10-17-2019, 06:34 AM
Senior Member
 
groggrog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2002
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
I mainly use digital cinema. It's much brighter on this projector than my older 5040 so therefore usable.

The 4k football looks really really good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
What source device?
groggrog is offline  
post #3889 of 4689 Old 10-17-2019, 08:58 AM
Senior Member
 
rupedogg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC.
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by groggrog View Post
What source device?
I watch it on DirecTV but I've also watched on the Roku Ultra, bought a month ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Projector: Epson 5040ub DIY 140" Acoustic Screen
AVR: Onkyo RZ1100 (Main)
Blu-ray: PS4 -- Panasonic UB900
Speakers: 5.2.4 Atmos Sound System
Subwoofers: Dual Marty Cubes w/SI 18" - DIY Build w/SI 15"
rupedogg24 is offline  
post #3890 of 4689 Old 10-17-2019, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
I watch it on DirecTV but I've also watched on the Roku Ultra, bought a month ago.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Which version do you like better, DirecTV with HLG or Roku Ultra with SDR? Have you compared FUBOTV 4K to the Fox Sports App 4k and lastly to the NFL Thursday Night game on Amazon Prime? I have watched all three on my Roku Ultra and I am curious to hear someone else opinion .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3891 of 4689 Old 10-17-2019, 09:06 AM
Senior Member
 
rupedogg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC.
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Which version do you like better, DirecTV with HLG or Roku Ultra with SDR? Have you compared FUBOTV 4K to the Fox Sports App 4k and lastly to the NFL Thursday Night game on Amazon Prime? I have watched all three on my Roku Ultra and I am curious to hear someone else opinion .

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Roku. Colors pop just a bit better than DTV

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Projector: Epson 5040ub DIY 140" Acoustic Screen
AVR: Onkyo RZ1100 (Main)
Blu-ray: PS4 -- Panasonic UB900
Speakers: 5.2.4 Atmos Sound System
Subwoofers: Dual Marty Cubes w/SI 18" - DIY Build w/SI 15"
rupedogg24 is offline  
post #3892 of 4689 Old 10-17-2019, 09:18 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
Roku. Colors pop just a bit better than DTV

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
I gave up my DirecTV two years ago. From my friends who still have it, they say the HLG is too dim.

Have you compared the different apps/streaming services on the Roku that I mentioned? If so what are your thoughts?

So nice to have 4K football broadcast to feed my Epson 6050. Although going back to watching 720P or 1080p football on the projector is such a letdown. The Fox Sports App shows the NFL Thursday night broadcast in 4k and usually an NCAA game on Saturday. They also are showing the ALCS games in 4K.

I am sure you know about the ESPN Native 4K game of the week exclusively on DirecTV and Comcast for now. This week's game is supposedly Oregon vs Washington although that game is on ABC at 3:30. My guess is the 720P feed will be on ABC and ESPN will broadcast native 4K feed on another channel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3893 of 4689 Old 10-17-2019, 09:35 AM
Senior Member
 
rupedogg24's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Washington, DC.
Posts: 304
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 164 Post(s)
Liked: 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
I gave up my DirecTV two years ago. From my friends who still have it, they say the HLG is too dim.

Have you compared the different apps/streaming services on the Roku that I mentioned? If so what are your thoughts?

So nice to have 4K football broadcast to feed my Epson 6050. Although going back to watching 720P or 1080p football on the projector is such a letdown. The Fox Sports App shows the NFL Thursday night broadcast in 4k and usually an NCAA game on Saturday. They also are showing the ALCS games in 4K.

I am sure you know about the ESPN Native 4K game of the week exclusively on DirecTV and Comcast for now. This week's game is supposedly Oregon vs Washington although that game is on ABC at 3:30. My guess is the 720P feed will be on ABC and ESPN will broadcast native 4K feed on another channel.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
MLB Playoffs have also been in 4k but I have yet to watch. Will keep an eye out for the 4k college games, thanks.

Not the best rating system, but here's my list of apps and how HDR works on the Roku (for me).

BEST: The Smithsonian Channel - Not HDR but by far the best 4k I've watched on the roku.

Amazon - Out of the top apps this has the best HDR I've seen. Consistently bright with rich colors.

Vudu - Good borderlining of Great.

Netflix - Not good. I usually shut if off when watching netflix HDR content.

YouTube - Haven't searched for HDR but their 4k is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Projector: Epson 5040ub DIY 140" Acoustic Screen
AVR: Onkyo RZ1100 (Main)
Blu-ray: PS4 -- Panasonic UB900
Speakers: 5.2.4 Atmos Sound System
Subwoofers: Dual Marty Cubes w/SI 18" - DIY Build w/SI 15"
rupedogg24 is offline  
post #3894 of 4689 Old 10-17-2019, 09:40 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
MLB Playoffs have also been in 4k but I have yet to watch. Will keep an eye out for the 4k college games, thanks.

Not the best rating system, but here's my list of apps and how HDR works on the Roku (for me).

BEST: The Smithsonian Channel - Not HDR but by far the best 4k I've watched on the roku.

Amazon - Out of the top apps this has the best HDR I've seen. Consistently bright with rich colors.

Vudu - Good borderlining of Great.

Netflix - Not good. I usually shut if off when watching netflix HDR content.

YouTube - Haven't searched for HDR but their 4k is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
https://news.samsung.com/us/samsung-...rts-telecasts/

Channel 107.9at for the 4k feed of ESPN 4K game of the week on DirecTV

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
rupedogg24 likes this.
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3895 of 4689 Old 10-18-2019, 06:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Viche's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Posts: 1,944
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 794 Post(s)
Liked: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by rupedogg24 View Post
MLB Playoffs have also been in 4k but I have yet to watch. Will keep an eye out for the 4k college games, thanks.

Not the best rating system, but here's my list of apps and how HDR works on the Roku (for me).

BEST: The Smithsonian Channel - Not HDR but by far the best 4k I've watched on the roku.

Amazon - Out of the top apps this has the best HDR I've seen. Consistently bright with rich colors.

Vudu - Good borderlining of Great.

Netflix - Not good. I usually shut if off when watching netflix HDR content.

YouTube - Haven't searched for HDR but their 4k is pretty good.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
what are you shutting off in netflix?
Viche is offline  
post #3896 of 4689 Old 10-18-2019, 06:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viche View Post
what are you shutting off in netflix?
I think he meant he just doesn't watch any HDR content on Netflix. I have not had any issues with Netflix HDR. It is not the best but it is certainly watchable.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3897 of 4689 Old 10-18-2019, 07:05 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
PANAMORPH DC-1 Lens

Will the PANAMORPH DC-1 lens work with the 5050UB? I have a 2.39:1 screen.
flashedvirus0 is offline  
post #3898 of 4689 Old 10-18-2019, 07:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashedvirus0 View Post
Will the PANAMORPH DC-1 lens work with the 5050UB? I have a 2.39:1 screen.
Epson 5050 does not. Epson 6050 does support an anamorphic lens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
post #3899 of 4689 Old 10-18-2019, 07:13 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Posts: 41
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
Epson 5050 does not. Epson 6050 does support an anamorphic lens.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thanks, I should clarify. I will be running the projector through an Oppo 203 and stretch the image vertically with that. Can I position the lens in front of the projector to get a proper widescreen instead of just zooming it to size?

edit: typos

Last edited by flashedvirus0; 10-18-2019 at 07:17 AM.
flashedvirus0 is offline  
post #3900 of 4689 Old 10-18-2019, 07:28 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
skylarlove1999's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 2,230
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1164 Post(s)
Liked: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by flashedvirus0 View Post
Thanks, I should clarify. I will be running the projector through an Oppo 203 and stretch the image vertically with that. Can I position the lens in from of the projector to get a proper widescreen instead of just zooming it to size?
I apologize I do not understand how you use an anamorphic lens with the projector if the projector does not have the lens resolution mode to support it. This is the 6050 manual



Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
skylarlove1999 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5050 , Epson , frame interpolation , motion smoothing

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off