THE Epson 5050UB/6050UB Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 169 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1421Likes

post #5041 of 5121 Old 01-14-2020, 03:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 776 Post(s)
Liked: 426
With the exception of two rooms my entire house interior is done in some shade of grey. LOL

Only the small WC and entrance hall are different.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5042 of 5121 Old 01-14-2020, 04:33 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximum7 View Post
So I took two pics.
First one is from the Epson 2150. The second is from the 5050. Just a a HD Broadcast from Cable from "America's Got Talent".
Now I know what my nightmare will be about tonight...
post #5043 of 5121 Old 01-14-2020, 07:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Questions for the owners of the Epson 5050/6050. I finally had the opportunity to AB the Epson 6050 and the JVC NX5 this weekend at a Magnolia Design Center with a very knowledgeable employee. I spent two hours with him going back and forth between the two projectors watching Planet Earth 2 on UHD and Oblivion on UHD. We also watched a little bit of Tron Legacy on blu-ray. He turned off all the lights and was projecting to a 100" screen. The disc source was the Panasonic UB820.

My impressions were the the color looked "right" on the JVC versus the Epson but if I wasn't going back and forth I would probably not have noticed. The reds and greens appeared a bit over saturated on the Epson. We watched the "Cities" portion of the Planet Earth 2 disc where they are filming with night vision to show the jaguars hunting and taking piglets from a pack of wild pigs. My question is this, do any owners of the 5050/6050 have this disc? Were the night vision scenes red? I ask because when we switched to the JVC the same scenes were noticeably gray and not red. Is this just a poorly adjusted projector? The guy admitted that neither projector had been calibrated beyond the basics of using a setup disc.

We also went back and forth on detailed scenes and the Epson did look softer compared to JVC at 7' from the screen. Both on 4k discs and Tron Legacy in 1080p. Tron was upscaled by the Panasonic to 4k to both projectors and the Epson was not as sharp. This would be due to the difference in the native 4k of the JVC versus the E-shift of the Epson, correct?

When switching from Planet Earth 2 to Oblivion the differences between the two were very subtle. However, with both discs, points of light in the image (windows at night, fires, etc) were different. On the Epson the lights weren't really "points" more like blobs of light compared to the JVC which were more "points." Could this have been how the two projectors handle HDR highlights or is it back to the difference in E-shift versus native 4k?

When it came to contrast both were very close. Yes, the JVC handled dark scenes very well, while the Epson was a little bit brighter in the same scenes. But I'm not sure if calibrating the two would have produced closer results. Again, if I wasn't viewing them back to back, I'm not sure that I would remember the differences between the two.

I wasn't able to play with the HDR slider on the Epson and the JVC was running the latest firmware with DTM enabled. The two projectors were very close and if I wasn't switching back and forth, I'm not sure that I would have easily remembered the differences.

And a final question, if I were to go back with demo discs of my own. What would be recommended to help evaluate the differences? I'm looking for 4k disc recommendations.

Many thanks in advance

Grady
<<plain fan>>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5044 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 07:26 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 174 Post(s)
Liked: 226
Quote:
Originally Posted by plain fan View Post
Questions for the owners of the Epson 5050/6050. I finally had the opportunity to AB the Epson 6050 and the JVC NX5 this weekend at a Magnolia Design Center with a very knowledgeable employee. I spent two hours with him going back and forth between the two projectors watching Planet Earth 2 on UHD and Oblivion on UHD. We also watched a little bit of Tron Legacy on blu-ray. He turned off all the lights and was projecting to a 100" screen. The disc source was the Panasonic UB820.

My impressions were the the color looked "right" on the JVC versus the Epson but if I wasn't going back and forth I would probably not have noticed. The reds and greens appeared a bit over saturated on the Epson. We watched the "Cities" portion of the Planet Earth 2 disc where they are filming with night vision to show the jaguars hunting and taking piglets from a pack of wild pigs. My question is this, do any owners of the 5050/6050 have this disc? Were the night vision scenes red? I ask because when we switched to the JVC the same scenes were noticeably gray and not red. Is this just a poorly adjusted projector? The guy admitted that neither projector had been calibrated beyond the basics of using a setup disc.

We also went back and forth on detailed scenes and the Epson did look softer compared to JVC at 7' from the screen. Both on 4k discs and Tron Legacy in 1080p. Tron was upscaled by the Panasonic to 4k to both projectors and the Epson was not as sharp. This would be due to the difference in the native 4k of the JVC versus the E-shift of the Epson, correct?

When switching from Planet Earth 2 to Oblivion the differences between the two were very subtle. However, with both discs, points of light in the image (windows at night, fires, etc) were different. On the Epson the lights weren't really "points" more like blobs of light compared to the JVC which were more "points." Could this have been how the two projectors handle HDR highlights or is it back to the difference in E-shift versus native 4k?

When it came to contrast both were very close. Yes, the JVC handled dark scenes very well, while the Epson was a little bit brighter in the same scenes. But I'm not sure if calibrating the two would have produced closer results. Again, if I wasn't viewing them back to back, I'm not sure that I would remember the differences between the two.

I wasn't able to play with the HDR slider on the Epson and the JVC was running the latest firmware with DTM enabled. The two projectors were very close and if I wasn't switching back and forth, I'm not sure that I would have easily remembered the differences.

And a final question, if I were to go back with demo discs of my own. What would be recommended to help evaluate the differences? I'm looking for 4k disc recommendations.

Many thanks in advance
From how you explained it...it sounds like a very close comparison. With those differences you saw between the two on the Epson you could dial in or out depending on your preferences. But dollar for features the Epson should sway you to the Epson side just that the Epson would be a tad bit more versatile with features that the JVC doesn't have.

Great review..2 hours with a best buy salesperson...impressive. I can never hold their attention for 2 minutes and never can find one if I am not buying.

HTPC 5.1.2 on a budget...Epson 5050UB/120", 4-13.5" JL-Audio Subs, 4-10" JBL Woofers, 4 - Polk Surrounds, JBL Center, 2- Polk Presence speakers, 2 - Yamaha Atmos speakers, Adcom Sub Amp 555MKII, Yamaha Receiver TSR-7810
post #5045 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 09:14 AM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:

Many thanks in advance

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTX^2steve View Post
From how you explained it...it sounds like a very close comparison. With those differences you saw between the two on the Epson you could dial in or out depending on your preferences. But dollar for features the Epson should sway you to the Epson side just that the Epson would be a tad bit more versatile with features that the JVC doesn't have.

Great review..2 hours with a best buy salesperson...impressive. I can never hold their attention for 2 minutes and never can find one if I am not buying.

Excellent leg work. You're doing the right thing by not buying on impulse, esp., after two hours and taking more time to get input to help make the right choice for you.

I'll try to answer what questions I can.
You might want to confirm that the JVC NX5 has the firmware update announced last year for dynamic tone mapping. If it doesn't then it should only perform better after it's installed.
I'd also check that the Epson has its color alignment spot on. There's a "pattern" accessible from the remote that will display white lines to check to see if the lines are a solid white or if there is color fringing. If there are color fringes, try correcting it. The salesman should be able to do that within a few seconds. I mention the color alignment because it can be the cause of the blurring you mentioned or it could be as you suspected, i.e. the difference in e-shifting and native 4K, the differences are more apparent on very large screen or when viewing at very close distances. At a normal seating distance, reportedly from reviews, the differences vary from indistinguishable to negligible.

I'd pop in the test disc they used to check to see if each projector is properly set up. I know the Epson lacks a "blue" setting for checking and adjusting the color pattern but I don't know about the JVC. Alternatively, I'd use the Spears&Munsil UHD Benchmark disc and get the blue filter for it, if BB doesn't have both. If the salesman knows his projectors then he can make the basic adjustments for contrast, black level, color, tint and sharpness within a few minutes. This disc has superb demo material, so if the projectors are adjusted to where you are comparing apple to apples, then you'll have a better evaluation platform.

Check to see if the Epson is in High IRIS mode or not. I like that mode despite the pumping in fade to blacks. Try different settings of the IRIS. Check the HDR 10 setting. It's probably at its default setting but experimenting with the HDR slider a notch or two can yield more satisfying results.

Is the Epson projector in High or ECO mode? ECO will be dimmer.
Color temperature setting could be set too high causing the saturation you're seeing in the Epson, or the Color setting could be too high if not adjusted properly with the test disc.
As for clarity, I slightly prefer my Epson's up-conversion of Standard Blurays over my Panasonic 820's up-conversion. But YMMV.

Be sure the "soap opera effect" is OFF on both projectors. That would be Frame Interpolation on the Epson and can only be activated with a 1080P/24hz input, otherwise the Frame Interpolation selection in the Menu will be grayed out with 4K signals.
Finally, I also, had the choice to buy either of these projectors and decided on the Epson 5050 UB based on its feature set of 10 memory and lens settings as I have legacy sources that I still utilize, my room set up and the $2799 price.

I hope this helps. Good luck with your purchase decision.

Panasonic DP-UB820, Marantz AV7704, Epson 5050UB, Stewart Firehawk 16x9 82"; Parasound Amplifiers: HCA 1000A, HCA 1206; Paradigm Speakers: Premier 800F (R/L), ADP-370 (SS), Premier 600C, Monitor v.4 (RB, LB), PW2100 v.2, Hsu sub VTF-2 Mk5; Power Condition: Adcom ACE 315 & 515, Tripplite HT7300PC & HTRL15UPS; Other Sources: Pioneer CLD-D606 & DVL-919, JVC HR-S9600U; Cable: Redmere Elite HDMI, Monster Mi.2S, Kimber Kable.

Last edited by fredworld; 01-15-2020 at 09:18 AM.
post #5046 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 10:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

The difference in colours sounds like one is better calibrated that the other, when both are professionally calibrated there shouldn’t really be any difference in colours. With HDR content you really need to adjust the slider to get the right bright so you could have probably got an even closer comparison had you had been able to adjust it.

You comment about blacks and contrast are exactly the same as my experience, where I differed was I didn’t get a side by side comparison but in my opinion the JVC was a little better but by no means was the difference night and day, it was subtle enough to convince me that I was happy the my purchase and saving ££££.

Epson EH-TW9400 - QualGear Fixed Frame 100” - Sony x700 BRP & Panasonic 420 BRP - Sony 1080 AVR - IPL Acoustics M1TLs & IPL Acoustics AVC Pro Centre, Four KEF surrounds & 2 Sub boxes (10” Sub + 10” Passive Radiator)
post #5047 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 11:17 AM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 49
So I've got my 5050 screen close to dialed in aspect wise on my 120" SI Zero Edge but the left side is higher and the right is spot on. When I zoom it messes everything up. My projector is hanging from the ceiling.

Do I need to lower one side of the projector from the mount or what?

I know I'll never probably get it perfectly aligned with the zero edge but any help I would appreciate.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Epson 5040UBe, 120" Black Diamond Zero Edge 7 Screen 1.4 gain with LEDs
Marantz SR6011 Reciever, Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, Nvidia Shield,BDI Ola 8137 stand, Logitech Harmony One Remote with Alexa,
Klipsch Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 surround sound
post #5048 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 11:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

^Your Mount should have adjust to align this.

post #5049 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminated67 View Post
^Your Mount should have adjust to align this.

Adjust the mount but it's difficult for me to tell from your pics as it MIGHT be a keystone distortion. Presuming your screen is flush with the wall and level, I'd measure the geometry of the pattern to be sure that's symmetrically correct.

Panasonic DP-UB820, Marantz AV7704, Epson 5050UB, Stewart Firehawk 16x9 82"; Parasound Amplifiers: HCA 1000A, HCA 1206; Paradigm Speakers: Premier 800F (R/L), ADP-370 (SS), Premier 600C, Monitor v.4 (RB, LB), PW2100 v.2, Hsu sub VTF-2 Mk5; Power Condition: Adcom ACE 315 & 515, Tripplite HT7300PC & HTRL15UPS; Other Sources: Pioneer CLD-D606 & DVL-919, JVC HR-S9600U; Cable: Redmere Elite HDMI, Monster Mi.2S, Kimber Kable.
post #5050 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 12:43 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 121
So I'm going to be that guy and not go back through 169 pages. Is there a recommended 40 foot HDMI cable that will work with the 5050 or is the recommended route using ethernet with an HDBaseT thingy and HDMI on either end. Forgive the technical term.
post #5051 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 12:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Quoted: 1304 Post(s)
Liked: 955
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkmarket View Post
So I'm going to be that guy and not go back through 169 pages. Is there a recommended 40 foot HDMI cable that will work with the 5050 or is the recommended route using ethernet with an HDBaseT thingy and HDMI on either end. Forgive the technical term.
https://www.amazon.com/RUIPRO-4K60HZ...9117904&sr=8-3

Many people love this one. Other people have had success with regular cable from Blue Jeans. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
post #5052 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 12:59 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
You NEED an optical HDMI, there’s loads of different brands at different price points I am using one of if not the cheapest and have done with zero issues for over a year now. According to a telecoms engineer the way fibre cables are they either work or they don’t so in his opinion one is as good as another so why pay more than you need.

There’s one that’s cheap at the moment

https://www.amazon.com/Zoxkoy-HDMI-C...al+HDMI&sr=8-5

post #5053 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 01:10 PM

Quote:
You NEED an optical HDMI, there’s loads of different brands at different price points I am using one of if not the cheapest and have done with zero issues for over a year now. According to a telecoms engineer the way fibre cables are they either work or they don’t so in his opinion one is as good as another so why pay more than you need.

There’s one that’s cheap at the moment

https://www.amazon.com/Zoxkoy-HDMI-C...al+HDMI&sr=8-5
My biggest concern is reliability once I get it fished through so if that means I pay a premium I'll gladly do that. Is the one Sklyar recommended not optical?
post #5054 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 01:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 40 Post(s)
Quoted: 587 Post(s)
Liked: 109
Quote:
Get the Series 3 Active. I tried a bunch of cables for my 40 ft run, and ended up returning all the overpriced ones, because the BJC worked just as good.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store...hdmi-cable.htm

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
post #5055 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 01:41 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 537 Post(s)
Liked: 117
Quote:
Originally Posted by biglen View Post
Get the Series 3 Active. I tried a bunch of cables for my 40 ft run, and ended up returning all the overpriced ones, because the BJC worked just as good.

https://www.bluejeanscable.com/store...hdmi-cable.htm

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
yep, couldn't agree more, tried about 6 different highly rated active cables from amazon that i eventually had to return, they just couldn't hold the connection in my particular setup, image would display for 20-30 secs and then drop out, rinse and repeat... the bjc locked on like a pit bull from the moment i connected it and has never let go... the bjc is also a lot more beefier than the other active cables i tried, it's almost like a heavily shielded rg-11 coaxial cable, which makes it a bit more difficult to work with in terms of space behind your component and or projector, it's not as relaxed / flexible as other hdmi cables...

here are a few i tried from amazon but returned:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
post #5056 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 01:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
My biggest concern is reliability once I get it fished through so if that means I pay a premium I'll gladly do that. Is the one Sklyar recommended not optical?
Yes it is but like I said they either work or they don’t. Due to the very nature of fibre you have to be careful feeding them through ducting and try not to kink or allow it to do a sharp bend.

If you feel more comfortable spending more then do so, I’m only telling you what I was told from someone who specialises in it and using it every day.

BTW my optical HDMI runs between my projector and the AVR, never had any handshake issues.

Last edited by Luminated67; 01-15-2020 at 01:49 PM.
post #5057 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 02:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
The blue jeans cable is not Optical the one I link to from Ruipro is optical. As you can see by the responses different cables have worked for different people. I use a Furui fiber optic cable I got from Amazon.

post #5058 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
The blue jeans cable is not Optical the one I link to from Ruipro is optical. As you can see by the responses different cables have worked for different people. I use a Furui fiber optic cable I got from Amazon.

Well......I don't have to fish the HDMI cable and ceiling mount the projector right away so it would probably make sense to give it a week or 2 to see if any issues arise and if not then look to the more permanent solution of pulling it through the ceiling. Thanks for all the help from everyone. These boards deliver as usual.
post #5059 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 02:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Well......I don't have to fish the HDMI cable and ceiling mount the projector right away so it would probably make sense to give it a week or 2 to see if any issues arise and if not then look to the more permanent solution of pulling it through the ceiling. Thanks for all the help from everyone. These boards deliver as usual.
If possible, I would hang conduit for the entire run in the ceiling . That way in the event the cable ever needs to be replaced it is just a matter of taping the beginning of the new cable to the end of the old one and just pulling new cable through the conduit.

dr bill likes this.
post #5060 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 02:42 PM

Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredworld View Post
Adjust the mount but it's difficult for me to tell from your pics as it MIGHT be a keystone distortion. Presuming your screen is flush with the wall and level, I'd measure the geometry of the pattern to be sure that's symmetrically correct.
No keystone being used. Everything is Level. There are little washer type pieces in the four pieces that connect to the mount and you can screw up or down. Adjusting these and then using the remote have almost got me there.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Epson 5040UBe, 120" Black Diamond Zero Edge 7 Screen 1.4 gain with LEDs
Marantz SR6011 Reciever, Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition, Nvidia Shield,BDI Ola 8137 stand, Logitech Harmony One Remote with Alexa,
Klipsch Dolby Atmos 7.1.2 surround sound
post #5061 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 03:06 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Also in case anyone is questioning what the contrast is like on the Epson I took a photo last week to show what my black borders look like in my bat cave.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hmi8rla6xp...%2055.jpg?dl=0

This is a 100% accurate image of what you see with the naked eye, it’s visible but certainly not something that draws your attention.
I concur, my 6050 top/bottom gray bars are about the same. Unfortunately, it does draw my attention--but not my wife's.

Epson Pro Cinema 6050, Seymour Center Stage XD 130"w 150"d 16:9, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 BD/SACD, Harmony Elite Remote, 10 Seats
post #5062 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 224 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderguy View Post
Most AV companies are just going to try to sell you a bunch of junk you don't need, not all, just most.
Not to get off topic, but I found that the AV dealers want to sell you their main line products, regardless whether that's the best options for your situation. It's the best option they have to offer. I don't blame them, that how they sell products.

For example, I told the local dealer subwoofer size was no object for my dedicated HT. Nonetheless, he wanted to sell me JL Audio subs. Well, they make mighty fine subs, but small & expensive. I got way more bang for my buck with JTR subs because they're big and relatively inexpensive. The fact of life is small, quality subs cost more than large, quality subs. The only reason to get a small sub is aesthetics.

Epson Pro Cinema 6050, Seymour Center Stage XD 130"w 150"d 16:9, Onkyo DX-C390 Six-Disk CD Changer
Triad Silver Speakers (11 in a 7.2.4 configuration), 2 JTR 118HT Subwoofers
Yamaha CX-A5200 11 Channel Processor, Monoprice Monolith 11 Channel Amplifier
Panasonic DP-UB820 UHD Blu-ray, Sony BDX-BP57 BD/SACD, Harmony Elite Remote, 10 Seats
post #5063 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 03:33 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi All,

I am the new owner of a 5050UB and did not expect to post here so quickly. After a few days of having my projector up and running, it shutdown twice on its own last night. The power light was blinking blue as it shutdown.

The only connection is from HDMI 1 to an Xbox One S.

My next step is to hit up Epson support, but thought I'd troll the forums first.

Thanks in advance.

-D
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0760 copy.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	744.7 KB
ID:	2670376   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0757.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	1,022.7 KB
ID:	2670378  
post #5064 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 04:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
Hi All,

I am the new owner of a 5050UB and did not expect to post here so quickly. After a few days of having my projector up and running, it shutdown twice on its own last night. The power light was blinking blue as it shutdown.

My next step is to hit up Epson support, but thought I'd troll the forums first.

Thanks in advance.

-D

The blinking light is just a signal that the projector is shutting down.

I'd get on Epson about the shut down issues as it could be a faulty power supply in the projector. Also, check your power line. Be sure it's a non-fluctuating 110-120V. Is it a dedicated line just for the projector or are other power hungry appliances drawing power from it, too?
Are you at a high altitude? If so, you might need to engage the High Altitude Mode.

post #5065 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 05:24 PM

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

-D
I recommend hitting up Epson support. They will walk you through some trouble shooting steps, and if those don't fix the issue, they will send you a refirb replacement. Good customer support from Epson!
post #5066 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 06:10 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Also check the HDMI CEC settings, it could be receiving a command from something else.

post #5067 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 06:30 PM

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Send a message via Skype™ to jch2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr bill View Post
Quote:
Hi All,

Thanks in advance.

-D
I recommend hitting up Epson support. They will walk you through some trouble shooting steps, and if those don't fix the issue, they will send you a refirb replacement. Good customer support from Epson!
FYI, since you just recently purchased your 5050, don't accept a refurb replacement. You paid the premium for a new unit (over the discount of a refurb) so you should get a new unit. There are many reports in this thread of refurbs with issues. So, Epson's refurb QC process is suspect.

If you can't solve the issue with Epson support, talk with your dealer about returning for a replacement with a new unit. And better yet ask for an advanced exchange, so you can setup an try the new unit before returning the old one. If your dealer doesn't support that request, then ask Epson for a new unit instead of a refurb (and also, for the next time you go to buy an Epson, find a different Epson dealer that will do advanced exchanges for a new unit).
DaGamePimp and dr bill like this.

Main: Marantz AV8805, 5x Behringer NX4-6000, Epson 6050UB, Stewart Greyhawk 120", LG C8 65", DISH H3, Panasonic UB820, ATV4k, FTV4k, 7.2.6+2: DefTech BP2000, CLR2000, Di 5.5BPS, UIW BPZ/A, Di 8R, M&K MX-125. Bedroom: Yamaha RX-A3070, LG C8 55", DISH 4k Joey, FTV4k, 5.1.4: DT RCS II, RSS II, IW Sub Ref. Basement: Yamaha RX-A3040, 3x Marantz MA700U, Panasonic PT-AE8000U, Panasonic P65VT50, 6.1: DT BP2000, CLR2000, Di 6.5R
post #5068 of 5121 Old 01-15-2020, 11:04 PM

Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

Many thanks in advance
I've demoed the NX5, NX7, and the Epson 6050. I liked the Epson's superior brightness, however it's image looks soft next to a native 4k JVC. And once you see that, you can't unsee it.
post #5069 of 5121 Old 01-16-2020, 12:05 AM

Quote:

This is the 40' version of the 35' one that I'm using. My 35' length works great. I was using the Titan 50' for a while but, although it performed superbly I got tired of looking at the 15 extra feet of coiled cable next to my equipment cabinet so I returned it.

post #5070 of 5121 Old 01-16-2020, 01:39 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 156
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaredmwright View Post
Also check the HDMI CEC settings, it could be receiving a command from something else.

Right here. My 4000 would shut down for no reason till i figured out CEC was on, and Apple 4K TV was shutting it off every time it went into sleep mode. lol Gave me fits for a minute.

Coming Soon~ new gear~ NX-7, 125" 2:35 Cinescope Screen~ 9.2 Atmos System featuring Martin Logan speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5050 , 5050ub , Epson , frame interpolation , motion smoothing , shieldtv , strdn1080

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page