THE Epson 5050UB/6050UB Thread (No Price Talk) - Page 196 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 2956Likes

post #5851 of 7768 Old 03-19-2020, 10:09 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 87 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1642 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Send a message via MSN to Ladeback
Quote:
Originally Posted by covsound1 View Post
i know had nothing to do lol.trying to stay in the house witn this virus stuff and also trying to convince myself its better sorry.
It was like one really big run on sentence and kind of hard to read and fallow for me. So do you like the 5050 or not is my question.

Klipsch KPS-400’s FR/FL with built in 15” 300 watt side firing subs, RC-7 Center, RS-3 Surrounds.
Integra DHC-60.5, 5- Marantz MA700 Mono Blocks, Pioneer DV-F727 301 Disk DVD CD Changer, Pioneer DVL-909 Laserdisc/DVD/CD Player, Sony PS3.
https://www.avsforum.com/forum/19-ded...ck-cinema.html
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5852 of 7768 Old 03-19-2020, 05:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
i know had nothing to do lol.trying to stay in the house witn this virus stuff and also trying to convince myself its better sorry.
You seem like a very nice and genuine person.

I found that when doing long posts, splitting them into paragraphs and using properly placed commas and periods goes a long way into giving clarity to the reader.

I think you have a lot of good info there. If you do the above, more can benefit from your experience. Not everyone is Shakespeare, so just do your best. Just a suggestion, so you're not obligated in any way.
covsound1 and skylarlove1999 like this.
post #5853 of 7768 Old 03-19-2020, 06:55 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 228 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Has anyone ordered from here? Do you think this is worth trying out? Thanks

https://syfabrics.com/products/plush-triple-velvet1

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5854 of 7768 Old 03-19-2020, 08:46 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by reechings View Post

I have not personally, but a number of people have in the DIY screen thread.
post #5855 of 7768 Old 03-19-2020, 09:56 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladeback View Post
It was like one really big run on sentence and kind of hard to read and fallow for me. So do you like the 5050 or not is my question.
yes i do!
post #5856 of 7768 Old 03-19-2020, 10:09 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:

You can order from them on ebay if it makes you feel any better

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
post #5857 of 7768 Old 03-19-2020, 10:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xavier3 View Post
You seem like a very nice and genuine person.

I found that when doing long posts, splitting them into paragraphs and using properly placed commas and periods goes a long way into giving clarity to the reader.

I think you have a lot of good info there. If you do the above, more can benefit from your experience. Not everyone is Shakespeare, so just do your best. Just a suggestion, so you're not obligated in any way.
thanks a lot.happy members are kind!lol
skylarlove1999 and Xavier3 like this.
post #5858 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 05:08 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
well i just got my 5050 last night. out the box it was just bad my 5040 with all its custom settings just blew it out the box.on my 5040 which i had for 2+ years was finally dialed in within the last two days to give me some off the most impressive photo or old school jvc like gama?i thought well when the 5050 shows up i would just send it back and spend the extra money and go with the jvc nx5 as the sony sony 295 did not impress me. that boy wonder took over and i opened up 5050 know it would cost me 405 dollars plus the cost of the new projector! out the box it was a nightmare too soft,no velvet blacks,no photo or oled like pop it was brighter a plus over all not happy at all!when i switched to normal edid i lost the picture and was greeted with a dark black screen and a large round green tinted black,it wasn't a dust blob.i said to my self just lost 405 dollars and wondered it the jvc could beat what i was getting from 5040 if any projector for that matter! i plugged in advance cms setting from projecttorreview it looked better but still soft and flat like the sony 295 i saw at bestbuy.i pushed on that boy wounder in me time to play and apply what i learned in the last 3 nights with the 5040.folks let me tell you words just cant explain,dont worry about ek 4k or all the other stuff get this monster it is that good and better than the 5040 and dare i say anything in the 10000 dollar range or equal! my set up using a old school hp 2.8 screen 16.9 106 inch projector just over my seated position about 15 feet away.trip lite power 120v reg plugged into av and projector living room with large opening into foyer behind me. ruko and panny 420 4kblue ray,and sony 4kblue ray palyer. with the ruko i could get 4k hdr at 10 bit444 60 frames but found 4k hdr 8bit 420 at 59.5 to be more stable but at the cost of banning but less than what i getting with the 5040 also note this is with edit set to normal. with the panny i got 4k 12 bit444 at 24 with edit set to expanded no banning at all even with amazon wish they would add vudo app. the sony did not try but will use that for 1080p blue ray with up conversion to 4k why it just does it better than anything else even better than epson well it did on my 5040? on the 5040 gamma go up on the 5050 it goes down mid range leave it alone just the bottom and a little at the top. rgb 48,47,47 gain colors become rich bring up the color start above 55 match what you get on your tv go up close you will see what mean.you can drop the brightness down below 50 or raise to 55 like what i used for the 5040 .some may say why not give exact settings i rather point you and let you learn so you can answer your own question! now for the picture,back in the day jvc was able apply a gamma curve that gave the best blacks or a dark flim like look(i know the hate will come so be it!)with the event of hdr there new projectors dont have that same look why because with hdr it just does not work and the new nx models are more like all new projectors.i say this because its all about the controls or tools and wih that understanding(more hate)you can get to the same place as long as the machine has the tools! and folks the 5050 has it all! the sharpness with the best source source set to 5 will compete with true native 4k. my friend has a sony 295 and this 5050 looks sharper. color this 5050 puts out pure color with no noise a lot better than the 5040 you can push it up and it stays rich and full.high lamp mode is not as loud as the 4050 a plus! and with the filter dare i say canon like it feels like i am getting more than the 1100 nits tested. lazier dlp impress me with color pop in the mid range when its dialed in i think this thing has more. you will watch animated flims with amazement!with the 5040 i never could get anything with out using the color filter to hold me for the long game well with animal i used the bw mode and got a color balance that made throw my fist the air reds greens blue all balanced and in eco mode i could do this and never feel a need to use the filter! last lets talk about the blacks! on the 5040 i thought i arrived at a picture that could not get any better the blacks where velvet and the reason i picked on the old school jvc.(the force wil not be with me witth the 5050 after i dailed it in i didnt the same look or photo like look but after a while i notice the picture was better way better.how i started to notice things in the picture i never notice before like all that velvet black was not velvet after all.(what the hell is this fool talking about!) well those blacks we all adore have shades a vast amount off shades of color. yes color in the blacks not just dark old school jvc like blacks.what ever is going on with the new pixel ****(not a typo) it works not only for mid range color that is noise free but color in black! black bars for are a little darker than the 5040 with less light bleed another plus.if you are on the fence about getting this projector once dialed in you will be forever happy and also once dial in the hdr brightness control is all you will need from movie to movie.
Epson 5040 never had deep blacks. It's native contrast is close to 5,000:1. I'm glad you like your Epson 5050UB. I've seen the Epson 6050UB which is a very good projector. But it does not have deep blacks either. I'm not sure what your frame of reference is but comparing Epson's blacks to JVC blacks is not a fair comparison. Epson's blacks are comparable to a midrange TV. They are decent, but not deep enough create depth to image. And Epson's blacks are certainly not deep enough to be considered ultra black, deep black, inky black, or any other likewise adjective.
covsound1 and Pretorian like this.
post #5859 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 05:34 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Mentioned: 386 Post(s)
Tagged: 7 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4343 Post(s)
Liked: 2156
Send a message via Skype™ to MississippiMan
Quote:

It has been the "go to" place to get excellent Black Velvet. Recently someone did find another source that was marginally less expensive....but no word as of yet what they received when they ordered.

Others still go to JoAnns or similar outlets when the stuff is on sale (only when!) but the Sy's BV is by far the most dependable in quality and price.
skylarlove1999 likes this.

"They said it couldn't be done. Well, we sure showed 'em otherwise!"
HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
post #5860 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 05:50 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

@reechings

With things beign so convoluted, and my fielding so many requests as of late for information on a variety of DIY and Projectors inquiries, I can't recall if I answered your recent PM, but here is the Dark Neutral Grey for you to consider on your Room surfaces. Great as a better looking substitute for Black on a Ceiling...and just as effective. At a half shade it works well for Walls, and for a unified cosmetic look, the Dark Grey in a Eggshell Oil Based Enamel applied to the Wood trim (Baseboards, Window Trim and Doors)

Or painting Walls a "deep Flat saturated Red" and matching it up with the Dark Grey Ceiling and Trim creates a really classy look that also suppresses reflections.

Only when your Screen's edges encroach upon a Wall or Ceiling surface within less than 8" - 6" does Black Velvet need to take over...and if the rest of the surface is painted Dark Grey or Dark Red you only need one width of the Black Velvet.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Dark Grey Paint Code small.jpg
Views:	507
Size:	284.7 KB
ID:	2699910  

HAS Advanced Audio and Imaging Solutions...Audio Transducers & Projection Screen Coatings
post #5861 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 05:56 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by matt21484 View Post
Anybody have experience with this particular ceiling mount? I've been using this for approx 5 years with an Epson 2030, which is orders of magnitude smaller than the 5050 I just ordered.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Quote:
Originally Posted by noob00224 View Post
5050 is 24.7lbs and that mount is rated for 30.

I would spend a little for a sturdier mount. Been talked about here and other UB series threads.

https://www.avsforum.com/forum/68-di...on-5040-a.html

What noob00224 said, explicitly.

The mount referenced is a poor choice, and barely usable if and only when the Epson 5050 is hanging straight.

The Peerless PRG-UNV is on a world s better (...though not quite up to Chief standards...), insanely more adjustable, and it only costs about $45.00 or so more (50 lb rating and an extremely lower profile)

post #5862 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 08:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserLuminary View Post
Epson 5040 never had deep blacks. It's native contrast is close to 5,000:1. I'm glad you like your Epson 5050UB. I've seen the Epson 6050UB which is a very good projector. But it does not have deep blacks either. I'm not sure what your frame of reference is but comparing Epson's blacks to JVC blacks is not a fair comparison. Epson's blacks are comparable to a midrange TV. They are decent, but not deep enough create depth to image. And Epson's blacks are certainly not deep enough to be considered ultra black, deep black, inky black, or any other likewise adjective.
I agree with you when talking about old school jvc projectors.The 3 new projectors and the dlp play on a common ground due to hdr.Yes the 5 7 and 9 are better, hardware and software wise.IF put into groups the and looking at black bars (1 sony 695,jvc nx7.2 jvc nx5 epson 6050/5050) again looking at black bars. I dont agree with not being deep enough to create depth to image.When dialed in i get all the depth 3d like image i could ever want.The native contrast can be miss leading as you can add a iris or lamp dim and 3x that number(a good selling spec!).What change my way of thinking was some of the better high end dlp projectors.How do they do what they do? I have come to the conclusion its all in the gamma settings of the light that you see on the screen. ( i often turn off iris as i feel its not needed much ).
post #5863 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 09:56 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Question Time for bulb replacement?

Hi - I'm currently at 1,940 hours on my 5050UB and it's starting to look a little dim. Not sure how much time is reasonable so looking for a recommendation. Also, the replacement bulb I have is EPLPL89. Got it with my 4050 but hoping it works with the 5050. Any idea? Thanks
post #5864 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 11:01 AM

My 5040 has a new bulb with only 95 hours.I was thinking i could use that bulb as a replacement for the 5050. I think the 4050 4010 5040 5050 and 6050 all use the same 250 watt bulb?
post #5865 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 11:15 AM

Mentioned: 54 Post(s)
Quoted: 2276 Post(s)
Liked: 2432
Quote:
Originally Posted by groggrog View Post
Hi - I'm currently at 1,940 hours on my 5050UB and it's starting to look a little dim. Not sure how much time is reasonable so looking for a recommendation. Also, the replacement bulb I have is EPLPL89. Got it with my 4050 but hoping it works with the 5050. Any idea? Thanks
LampID:V13H010L89 on the box EPLPL89.

Epson has been using the same replacement lamp for several models for the last couple of generations. This is the lamp that came with my 6050.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Last edited by skylarlove1999; 03-20-2020 at 11:21 AM.
post #5866 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 12:16 PM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by skylarlove1999 View Post
LampID:V13H010L89 on the box EPLPL89.

Epson has been using the same replacement lamp for several models for the last couple of generations. This is the lamp that came with my 6050.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
Thank You Skylarlove!
covsound1 and skylarlove1999 like this.
post #5867 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 01:41 PM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Hi everyone! Just purchased the 5050UB this week. Moving on from an Optoma UHD65. I have a couple of questions about this projector.

1) Concerning the tone mapping features. I also have the Panasonic 820 and have been using those tone mapping features to help the Optoma along. However, I understand the 5050 also has several tone mapping features, so for those in my situation which one do you use player or projector?

2) as far as the lens shift is concerned. I have been using a 12" extension to drop the Optoma down to level with 120" screen. The Optoma has about a 15 degree lens shift, but the Epson has a 100 degree shift, so do I need to continue to use the extension? I'm concerned about the added weight of this new projector, so if I can delete the extension that would help.

Thanks for any advise.
post #5868 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 02:13 PM

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gjlaplante View Post
Hi everyone! Just purchased the 5050UB this week. Moving on from an Optoma UHD65. I have a couple of questions about this projector.

1) Concerning the tone mapping features. I also have the Panasonic 820 and have been using those tone mapping features to help the Optoma along. However, I understand the 5050 also has several tone mapping features, so for those in my situation which one do you use player or projector?

2) as far as the lens shift is concerned. I have been using a 12" extension to drop the Optoma down to level with 120" screen. The Optoma has about a 15 degree lens shift, but the Epson has a 100 degree shift, so do I need to continue to use the extension? I'm concerned about the added weight of this new projector, so if I can delete the extension that would help.

Thanks for any advise.
Congrats! I find the panasonic does a much better job of tone mapping. The Epson out of the box raises the black floor quite a bit. The panasonic gives the best black floor you can get while controlling highlights well.

Just one mans opinion!
covsound1 likes this.
post #5869 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 03:21 PM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserLuminary

Quote:
I agree with you when talking about old school jvc projectors.The 3 new projectors and the dlp play on a common ground due to hdr.Yes the 5 7 and 9 are better, hardware and software wise.IF put into groups the and looking at black bars (1 sony 695,jvc nx7.2 jvc nx5 epson 6050/5050) again looking at black bars. I dont agree with not being deep enough to create depth to image.When dialed in i get all the depth 3d like image i could ever want.The native contrast can be miss leading as you can add a iris or lamp dim and 3x that number(a good selling spec!).What change my way of thinking was some of the better high end dlp projectors.How do they do what they do? I have come to the conclusion its all in the gamma settings of the light that you see on the screen. ( i often turn off iris as i feel its not needed much ).
Guys....

If either or both of you want to experience JVC x990r black levels (x990r = 160,000:1 Native CR ) with a Epson 5040/5050,you can get imperceptibly close to those Blacks by considering a ultra high contrast DIY Screen coating such as Silver Fire v2.5 N/C. Even more so if the BF-RBGY Colorant is added...which it can be with the Epson's mighty lumen output.

Hey...even when dealing with the latest JVC models (...just hung a NX7 for a 138" diag.2.39:1 "painted Wall") I still have to deal with a paltry 80K:1. But I can say without being held to task that the difference with/without the help of the SF 2.5 is much more than substantial....compared with a Matte White, even with a JVC's HTG starting point of 80K:1 Native. (1st 3 examples below)

The 5040 / 5050 units I have experience with have both measured up to expectations when they were shooting onto the right surface...one that enhances Blacks with no crushing of shadow detail....and that they can do such at 2500 lumen output is just all the more Icing on the Image cake. Below are several examples of the venerable 5040 splashing a 146" diagonal image onto a SF v2.5 Painted Wall. But keep in mind.....such a coating can resurface virtually any smooth material...be it a Mfg Matte White Screen or anything else similar. Fixed or Retractable.

The moral here being...."Getting a Silk Purse from a Sow's Ear is possible if you tan the hide just right.". There is always a way to improve ANY projected image if the projector itself meets minimal standards of performance and it's paired with an ideally suited Screen surface..

I really like the 50-series Epsons for what I know they can provide for both dedicated Theater applications as well as Ambient Light circumstances. I hate to see anyone think they simply had to "make do" with what they got when I KNOW they can get more than they ever though possible.

@Gjlaplante

You go right ahead and replace that 12" Drop with a 4" Nipple (...or whatever type extension your mount uses...) You have Lens Shift to spare!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	1 Spacy Ship.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	683.8 KB
ID:	2700016   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 PO-d Monkey Girl.jpg
Views:	459
Size:	564.1 KB
ID:	2700018   Click image for larger version

Name:	5th Element Collage 8.jpg
Views:	482
Size:	194.9 KB
ID:	2700020   Click image for larger version

Name:	A Batman 1.jpg
Views:	485
Size:	288.3 KB
ID:	2700022   Click image for larger version

Name:	5th Element Collage 4.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	138.9 KB
ID:	2700030  

Name:	A1 Ugly Pawn Broker.jpg
Views:	481
Size:	504.8 KB
ID:	2700032   Click image for larger version

Name:	1 Tree Trunk Bridge.jpg
Views:	465
Size:	612.4 KB
ID:	2700034  
covsound1, Luminated67 and Xavier3 like this.

post #5870 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 04:08 PM

Thank you above. was looking into going wide screen and didnt want to give up on the hp 2.8 screen.But after the pictures you posted i could give it shot.And you explained so much better then what i was trying to do
post #5871 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 05:55 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Purpose of LAN Port

I own a 5050UB and am trying to figure out the purpose of the LAN port. I have successfully connected the projector to my network but I can't understand what this offers me. Any help would be appreciated.
ivanhoek likes this.

Tony
post #5872 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 05:56 PM

Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonygeno View Post
I own a 5050UB and am trying to figure out the purpose of the LAN port. I have successfully connected the projector to my network but I can't understand what this offers me. Any help would be appreciated.

You can control the projector over the network. There’s an app as well as you can use the browser on any PC or mobile. You can also use custom control software like crestron.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5873 of 7768 Old 03-20-2020, 05:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 545 Post(s)
Liked: 216
Thanks. I see you can do lens shift, focus, etc., so maybe worthwhile.

Tony

Last edited by tonygeno; 03-20-2020 at 06:01 PM.
post #5874 of 7768 Old 03-21-2020, 04:48 AM

Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I was wondering if anyone has tried the BlueAVS fiber optic HDMI cable, I've seen video reviews on youtube and it looks like a good option. I'm just trying to pick a cable for my RXA 3050/5050UB. I'm now in the painting phase(rosco tv black plaint), once I'm done I'll post pictures, with this virus and jobs up in the air, hopefully I can finish soon.
Everyone take care
post #5875 of 7768 Old 03-21-2020, 06:54 AM
DIY Granddad (w/help)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2479 View Post
I was wondering if anyone has tried the BlueAVS fiber optic HDMI cable, I've seen video reviews on youtube and it looks like a good option. I'm just trying to pick a cable for my RXA 3050/5050UB. I'm now in the painting phase(rosco tv black plaint), once I'm done I'll post pictures, with this virus and jobs up in the air, hopefully I can finish soon.
Everyone take care

Just a bit of scrutiny and using Amazon Prime as a source can get you a perfectly acceptable FO HDMI cable at very reasonable pricing.

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=hdmi+fiber+optic+cable+30+feet&crid=30SBFTQT47 MXV

A year ago....no, but these days the demand has brought affordability and choice to the forefront.

Don't be bullied or persuaded (hyped) into paying too much!

post #5876 of 7768 Old 03-21-2020, 09:46 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 530 Post(s)
Liked: 110
THE Epson 5050UB/6050UB Thread (No Price Talk)

I’m considering the 6050 over the 5050 due to a comparison video and the blacks appear much deeper on the 6050 due to a 200000 contrast advantage. On that note it is pretty expensive. Are there any other less expensive projectors out there that can provide deep blacks along with 2500 to 3000 lumen output along with 4K and HDR? Or if I were to get a tk850 would the right black screen paint help with increasing blacks on it? Are there black screen paints out there with high gain as so not to decrease overall picture brightness yet increase black levels? Sorry for all the questions. I am very new to projectors.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #5877 of 7768 Old 03-21-2020, 12:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 318 Post(s)
Liked: 435
Quote:
Originally Posted by mon2479 View Post
Everyone take care
I use this fiber cable and havent had any problems connected to a PC.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	149.1 KB
ID:	2700320  

DIY Sound Group: Information and Tips
post #5878 of 7768 Old 03-21-2020, 01:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserLuminary View Post
My blacks seem very deep on my 5050, unless my eyes are bad.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
covsound1 and Luminated67 like this.
post #5879 of 7768 Old 03-21-2020, 01:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 62 Post(s)
Quoted: 1043 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:

Here's another option, that I used in my movie room. Check out the reviews. I'm very happy with it.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00E...cm_..._zEJfSPa16CeW3

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk
post #5880 of 7768 Old 03-21-2020, 01:15 PM

Quoted: 122 Post(s)
Liked: 71
While chasing rattles in my theater I found a frequency that caused the lens cover to vibrate. This of course meant the whole projector (6050) was vibrating. This of course is not good.
The next time I watched a movie I saw flickering, mostly in bright images. Rats. I just had Jeff Meier from AccuCal calibrate the PJ, and now this. I tried different sources, and no sources, and the slight flickering showed up no matter what. I also re-seated the bulb.

On a whim, I changed the power mode from Eco to Med (Jeff was able to calibrate HDR and SDR in Eco mode, so the mode never changed when switching from SDR to HDR), and that fixed it. I went back to Eco mode, and, so far, it stayed fixed. Tragedy narrowly averted.

I'll update if it happens again.

Rick

Zaph Audio SB12.3 mains, ZD3C center (all DIY), FI IB318 (2 ea.) 18" IB Subs
Monolith HTP-1 Processor, Monolith 7 x 200 watt Amp (for LCR and subs)
ICEpower 50ASX2SE Class D Amplifiers (5 ea.) DIY'ed into a 1RU rack shelf
Epson 6050UB projector, Carada 108" screen
Oppo UDP-203 disc player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Digital Projectors - Under $3,000 USD MSRP

Tags
5050 , 5050ub , Epson , frame interpolation , motion smoothing , shieldtv , strdn1080

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page